[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: renaissance art1.jpg (184 KB, 660x660)
184 KB
184 KB JPG
Why are you not studying renaissance art? And making art in the renaissance art style? For maximum art gains? You want to be the best artist, right?
>>
>>7246151
Impressionism >
>>
>>7246151
Already happened, it was called mannerism
>>
>>7246176
gimmick
>>
>>7246151
they werent even that good. reference painters are a dime a dozen now, and quite often much better
>>
>>7246400
yeah the ability to capture the essence of something without drawing it realistically is totally gimmick
>>
>>7246176
>>7246151
why not mix both?
>>
>>7246151
High Renaissance sure.
I have done my fair share of Leonardo and Michelangelo studies.
>>
>>7246404
it's a gimmick because it's based on technique, whiles still remaining essentially realism. the essence of impressionism is actually realism, but their fans pretend to be anti-realists, while doing the least interesting and laziest form of abstraction of realism. there's little depth to impressionism.
>>
>>7246735
>Realism
You mean naturalism, right?...
>>
>>7246854
you assume they know what he is talking about, he is just seething over his perceived image of those who like it or pursue it

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.