[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

practicing lineart but i dont get why it looks so shitty compared to my sketch? i tried adding a bit of line weight but it seems like im doing it wrong
>>
looks like you forgot to enable pen pressure
>>
Line weight is too subtle
>>
>>7246746
Because you're more focused on tracing over your sketch instead of also thinking how the lines should be. Fun exercise: try making the intersection between lines thicker. Like from the sketch ypu could clearly see the difference the thicker lines at her shoulder. Just copy it.
>>
Well, use your eyes. There are parts of the sketch with thicker lines and parts with thinner lines and your line work does not reflect that. Don't draw blind, actually look at the individual elements of the drawing.
>>
File: 1500x500 (1).jpg (119 KB, 1500x500)
119 KB
119 KB JPG
>>7246769
>>7246766
ok thanks! thats what i was thinking but wasnt 100% sure since i wanted to go for thinner linework vs the thickness my sketch has.
like whats the difference with this drawing that has more consistent line weight?
>>
>>7246746
your sketch already lacks form where it is easiest to show, what did you think you would get out of your line art besides lumpy trash?
>>
>>7246746
Ditch the lineart, use the sketch for the final piece.
>>
>>7246784
The important areas of the face have varied lineweight.
>>
have you tried putting effort?
>>
>>7246857
Lineweight is such a meme
>>
>>7246746
Lack of line-weight, lack of detail compared to the sketch, you focus too much on copying the sketch instead of drawing over it. Honestly the biggest thing its line-weight and the lack of form.
>>
1 line that needs to look right is harder if you suck dick than throwing down 20 lines, one of them is good enough, you just suck so bad you dont know how to make good looking linework so you spam a bunch to make up for being utter garbage. its why you fags like gesture drawing so much, it gives you the braindead impression that you arent actually what you really are: complete fucking dogshit
>>
>>7246857
Effort is a /talent/let cope
>>
File: migu.jpg (607 KB, 1783x1763)
607 KB
607 KB JPG
>>7246746
Because your brain autocorrects sketching lines, thus give you an overall picture.
>>7246857
based
>>7246877
>>7246939
cringe
>>
>>7246877 is right. Lineweight is western propaganda. You can immediately spot a westoid, who is imitating the japs without understanding the style, by their heavy usage of line weight.
>>7246857
>>7246877
The average jap grandmaster does not give a FUCK about line weight and focuses more on silhouette and striking poses.
>>
>>7246857
You're trying too hard
>>
>>7247070
Nice lines chud
>>
>>7246746
be better at rendering so you can hide your shitty lineart (that's how I do it)

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.