[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

What Is your biggest critique of Muratas artstyle?
>>
>another thread where we talk about someone else's art for absolutely no reason instead of OP's art
>>
whos the Murata of capeshit
>>
>>7298342
she looks cute and fuckable
>>
File: eGlWwW4.png (1.07 MB, 705x1131)
1.07 MB
1.07 MB PNG
ive only really seen opm so im not entirely sure about him but i think hes just overrated. he seems to be a mid range manga artist and very good at backgrounds, but i dont think hes really as special as people make him out to be. his character drawing is his weakest point imo. hes very good at fight effects, backgrounds, and monsters, but his human proportions are often off and the characters can be quite overdrawn to compensate his shape design
>>
>>7298342
he cant draw faces. just bug eyes and off model. dont match bodies at all. his current work is absolute shit. the digital inker/tones look like dogshit and he must be using cheaper assistants to fix his garbage or just doesnt give a fuck anymore. also very clear he has no storytelling ability and no understanding of composition or panelling. when he copies ONE webcomic 1 to 1 with his artstyle, it looks and reads fantastic. when he adds to it or changes shit, it looks like dog water.
>>
>>7298358
>very good at backgrounds
the assistants do that
>>
>>7298362
his assistants are very good at backgrounds
>>
>>7298349
Well, this is an art critique board. At least we are on topic.
>>
>>7298349
why would we talk about op's art when he doesn't have any?
>>
>>7298342
One of the best artists of our generation hands down.
>>
>>7298342
Where is the source of light in this drawing?
>>
>>7298863
up your butthole lmao
>>
>>7298904
I hope you die of cancer
>>
left murata's "work", right the work of its whole ass assistant studio
>>
File: studio.png (1.19 MB, 2182x1528)
1.19 MB
1.19 MB PNG
>>7298914
>>
File: opm.jpg (346 KB, 1365x2048)
346 KB
346 KB JPG
>>7298342
>>7298358
This. I get confused when normalfags call him the greatest magaka of all time. He's an amazing artist but I don't like how much he empathizes details and effects over clarity. It's render-monkeyish at times. Like, do we really need bloom and other fancy effects in manga, Murata? I hate it when he BLURS his drawings to further emphasize a movement. His inking is beautiful, so why muddy it with all of these ugly effects? What a waste.

His artstyle as a whole is very appealing but can feel flat and generic sometimes.
>>
File: opm ch.jpg (586 KB, 1365x2048)
586 KB
586 KB JPG
>>7298936
was this blurring really necessary, Murata?
>>
>>7298914
So murata is a hack?
>>7298915
>>7298936
Re reading OPM the art didnt look as astonishing as the first time I read back in the day. still is very good and it peak with boros. He was less rendermonkey too.
>>
/ic/ was riding his dick up until very recently, this thread is way too one sided, what happened?
>>
>>7298967
we collectively went from pre/beg/ to /beg/
>>
>>7298356
Humberto Ramos?
>>
>>7298356
finch maybe
>>
>>7298359
>>7298559
The duality of man.
>>
Kinda boring, his artstyle was better in eyeshield, maybe is because of the lack of exaggerated perspective shots, the character designs are too boring, and often look samey
>>
Crabs calling murata mid, we reached a new down
>>
>>7298342
>its another thread of dunning kruger fags criticizing a stablished artist´s skill
>>
is this the contrarian thread?
>>
>>7301971
More or less.
>>
SEX WITH TATSUMAKI
>SEX WITH TATSUMAKI
SEX WITH TATSUMAKI
>SEX WITH TATSUMAKI
SEX WITH TATSUMAKI
>SEX WITH TATSUMAKI
SEX WITH TATSUMAKI
>SEX WITH TATSUMAKI
>>
File: 75936 - SoyBooru.png (19 KB, 888x849)
19 KB
19 KB PNG
>SEX WITH TATSUMAKI
>>SEX WITH TATSUMAKI
>SEX WITH TATSUMAKI
>>SEX WITH TATSUMAKI
>SEX WITH TATSUMAKI
>>SEX WITH TATSUMAKI
>SEX WITH TATSUMAKI
>>SEX WITH TATSUMAKI
>>
>>7305211
im white and thin sweetie
>>
>>7298359
a nigger wrote this
>verification not required.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.