[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: images.jpg (19 KB, 537x537)
19 KB
19 KB JPG
Thoughts on this guy?
https://youtube.com/@drawlikeasir?si=gT7qQJLezFo4LmOE
>>
>>7300438
meh
>>
westoids can't draw anime
>inb4 cherrypicked 0.0001% ones
>>
>>7300438
he's still learning, his content serves more to reaffirm his own knowledge than for beginners to learn and if beginners try to learn from his videos they will hinder their progress by learning many of his mistakes.
>>
>>7300438
i dont think you should be watching someone who is at this skill level unless youre a beg
>>
>>7300438
I dont like these beginner youtubers spreading bad info and misleading people even if its not their intention
>>
File: 1671764710760186.png (315 KB, 738x468)
315 KB
315 KB PNG
>>7300438
int youtubers making bad tutorials crammed with cutaway jokes ear rape and wojaks will do infinitely more damage to begs than every crab here combined
>>
File: file.png (1.28 MB, 1460x938)
1.28 MB
1.28 MB PNG
yikes
>>
>>7301459
Jesus fuck.
Marketing and video editing is really what sells huh.
>>
TL;DR: he's irresponsible

It infuriates me that he's really the only popular youtube artist in the german art community.
All these art youtubers don't take this stuff seriously enough. they think "oh i wanna make some money with my art, guess i'll make some youtube tutorials because that's the only type of art video (outside of drama) that clicks well" and then end up as some authority figure to a lot of young artist and peddle their subpar advice to them. and his young audience can't even look for some other person's advice since most don't understand english well enough and his videos are the only ones that show up on german youtube.
If you tell people what they should do with their time and they trust you and follow your advice, you are absolutely in part responsible when they waste their time practicing with your dogshit techniques/advice.
The thing with him is also that he didn't/doesn't really improve, he is still around /beg/-tier (probably because he wastes so much time doing unnecessary skits/animation for his videos), so he either recycles his old dogshit videos or makes some other stupid shit to keep himself afloat.
He seems like a good person but his complacency and/or ignorance drives me up the wall.
>>
>>7302167
his video where he claims the Loomis method is responsible for every head looking the same pisses me off, this idiot didn't even read the book, none of these clowns read how to use the Loomis method correctly.
>>
>>7300438
Draws like a peasant
>>
What bad habits does he promote? Sure, it's stylized comic book stuff but that's what most people draw.
>>
>>7302289
>bad habits
Nasty habits.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OzTc951olYE
>>
>>7302167
I don't know man. I'm a beg but I think you can only blame yourself if you fall for bad advice. Generally in life no one can save you if you don't think for yourself.
>>
>>7302167
I was in school with him from 2013 to 2015, this "ignorance and stuck in his way" was always the way he was. The difference between his drawings when he was 16 to now at almost 30 is almost non existent.
Also how he acts in his videos is exactly the same as how he acts irl, so he is genuine.
>>
Until I see someone post something better than what he does, I'm not believing any of you
>>
>>7305132
He's int people just value highly polished pin up pieces on this board. A few days ago someone said murata wasn't even that good
>>
>>7305142
>someone said murata wasn't even that good
That's how you know the board is full of unskilled crabs
>>
the youtube art community is honestly so cooked
>>
>>7305103
>Also how he acts in his videos is exactly the same as how he acts irl, so he is genuine.
I think he has actually mentioned something like that in one of his videos, yeh. I personally don't see much of a problem with it if that's what the zoomies are into. Keeps it from being a boring college lecture.
>>
>>7300438
artists who fall for these shitty tutorials are kept back by years. It cuts off competition for me. Good on him
>>
>>7305255
I like how you seem to think it would be a large enough pool of competition to actually matter.
>>
>>7305257
I can appreciate the little things in life
>>
>>7300438
His tutorials were never something I was looking for so I never watched them or paid attention to the dude when he showed up in my recommended, but now that I see his channel for the first time, honestly he's not too bad
Still, I'm not watching a video from him because I don't need it
>>
>Germans ruin everything, again

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.