[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1698548978774932.jpg (8 KB, 225x225)
8 KB
8 KB JPG
>be me
>anime artist
>love anime more than anything
>unable to draw in any other art style
>no company in the US or Europe employs anime artists
Fucking hell, do I really have to learn Japanese in order to make a living as an illustrator?
>>
>>7301057
Or chinese, or korean.
>>
>>7301057
Doesn't Netflix make anime basically?
>>
>>7301061
they hire koreans
>>
>>7301063
retard
>>
>>7301064
double retard
>>
>>7301057
you reap what you sow stupid weeb
>>
>>7301057
>>unable to draw in any other art style
now this pure cope AND autism
>>
>>7301057
Funny you saying this, when your favorite moonrune artists can easily do other styles, especially realism, but the retarded weeb can’t.
>>
>>7301063
No they don’t. They also hire Americans.
>>
>>7301079
Also you run into gaijin all the time posting their piece of an anime they worked on
>>
>>7301079
can you name some americans who were hired as animators?
>>
>>7301079
>no they don't, they also
so you agreed with me
netflix just hires the studios to produce for them and a lot of the time if it's not a japanese studio it ends up being studio mir, there's that american castlevania studio that also outsources to koreans though

>>7301089
employed by japanese company which goes back to OP's statement. there just isn't as much opportunity in the american world of animation
>>
>>7301090

Dude, they’re literally scattered all over Twitter. Follow one notable one and you’ll be recommended a dime a dozen more freelancers.
>>7301092
No I did not agree with you. Move your fat fingers to their careers page and you’ll see jobs you can apply for where I’m pretty sure you’ll get in on some anime project. Or you can just check the credits of the shows.
>>
>>7301105
damn there are just so many that i cant name ONE
>>
>>7301123
So much fat clogging the arteries in your fingers you can’t search for one, yeah.
>>
>>7301123
i remember seeing some western animator being hired for bleach. barely had any followers, probably like 1000, only found his profile because he had some animation software tutorial on his twitter. there was also that literal child who worked on jujutsu kaisen and got shat on by a lot of people on here. i'm also pretty sure there's an extremely popular american who posts his clips he does and never tweets anything other than his work. don't have the handles unfortunately but i'm sure others can find them

>>7301063
a bunch of americans worked on castlevania too
>>
File: 1620544701379.png (1.08 MB, 1280x2378)
1.08 MB
1.08 MB PNG
>>7301057
>do I really have to learn Japanese
Learn Japanese.
>>
File: 1707344990999884.jpg (64 KB, 500x620)
64 KB
64 KB JPG
>>7301057
>>love anime more than anything
>doesn't know or isn't learning japanese
Press X to doubt.
>>
>>7302221
>>7302244
吾輩の日本語力はてめえより高い。舐めんじゃね!
>>
File: TBATE by Timbougami.png (1.71 MB, 1015x814)
1.71 MB
1.71 MB PNG
>>7301057
>no company in Europe employs anime artists
>Do I really have to learn Japanese in order to make a living as an illustrator?
Not really.
Germany and France have a lot of ties with Japan, a lot of French animators work in the anime industry like that guy that was a key animator on Jujutsu Kaisen Season 2 or that other Frenchy that worked on Chainsaw Man.
Plenty of companies hire anime artists in Europe for their anime and manga inspired comics.
There's also Eurocucks like picrel that work as a freelancers for weebs and Japanese companies.
>Timbougami's an illustrator from Germany
Plenty of weebs do webtoons, OEL manga, and VN games and they all use anime art style...
>>
>>7302394
I don't read vns because reading most vns requires running nonfree software. Manga, anime or LNs are much better because you can consume them with only libre software, e.g. mpv for anime, nsxiv for manga, crqt-ng for books.
Most visual novels should be avoided since they are proprietary.
https://www.gnu.org/proprietary/
https://www.gnu.org/proprietary/malware-games.html

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.