[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

My license to Toonboom recently expired and I've been trying to find an alternative that doesn't absolutely obliterate my wallet but has just enough features to make using it viable. I don't need rigging or plugins/nodes, just enough for frame-by-frame that I can edit like a simple drawing program.

Already looked into updating my CSP from Pro to EX, but I have v1 and don't want to spend hundreds just for simple animation. Any ideas on what might work?
>>
>>7303559
Opentoonz, or the Tahoma2D fork of it. I've been fooling around with it and it's fun,
https://youtu.be/lTwMjbD2adQ?si=08ZQ1SpI7qCrRXJj
https://youtu.be/-PhFx0hFyyc?si=BrB68R7lPq5CX9am
>>
>>7303791
I also recommend opentoonz. Was used by studio ghibli as well. Thing is, it crashes. Not frequently, but enough to where you should save periodically. An alternative is blender with grease pencil. There are some good tutorials for it as well and the plus is since you're working in a 3d environment you can use 3d assets for backdrop and the camera is more intuitive to use.
>>
>>7303559
If you have a Windows PC, then you can pirate Toon Boom pretty easily. Your ISP definitely doesn't know what Harmony is, so you should get away without a VPN.
But if you don't care about rigging, then you could look elsewhere.
>>
>>7303886
Not that I'm going to do that, but if one were to do that, how would they do it? Or where should they look for some kind of guide or insight?
>>
>>7303559
There's already an animation general. Read the catelog, faggot OP. Also fuck anyone who enjoys tweening 2D. Take the rotoscope pill & learn some real animation skills.
>>
>>7303559
you could always torrent a cracked version of it
>>
>>7304065
get an app to torrent with like utorrent or bittorrent and search for and download it from a pirating site of your choice like 1337x or pirate bay. The files that you download should come with a read me note file that tells you how to install.
>>
>>7306263
>app to torrent
This generation is lost.
>>
File: 1703390481892042.gif (588 KB, 640x600)
588 KB
588 KB GIF
>>7303791
>>7303806
"Ghibli uses it" isn't a good selling point, they are a full-scale studio drawing everything frame by frame, with industry standard timesheets that allow for precise work.
For all I care, this could be simply a powerful scanning sfotware, since most drawings are done traditionally in anime, and they just need a platform to organize everything into a finished scene.

Does it have a good feeling for drawing, with pen pressure and stabilization? How versatile is it? Can it be used for motion graphics, rigging, tweening, does it offer good workflow if you're going to add audio, reference underdrawings? Any 3D features? Is it vector or raster?
Does it have effects, or is it purely a drawing software with a timeline?

I can never follow recommendations on the Internet because few people seem to understand what encompasses making a full animation project.
Unless I can make an animation from start to finish in OpenToonz (maybe except for basic video editing externally), then it's not a substitute to ToonBoom.

TV Paint and Harmony are the best I've used, but both require a crack.
Go for it, unless the Opentoonz anons say concrete good things about it.
>>
>>7304117
Tweening in 2D really does just look like ass. It's also unnecessary since there are much better ways to save on resources while having good animation. There's no point to having completely fluid animation if the movements are boring.
>>
>>7306447
im convinced we have already died and this is hell
>>
>>7306447
whats wrong with using a client to torrent

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.