[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: IMG_0574.jpg (138 KB, 2048x1280)
138 KB
138 KB JPG
Why you should not trust youtube shills:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VH1WEYF8rlA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Twy5Wo8m284

Do not read anything into pressure levels. 1024 is more than enough.
If you have any additional questions, ask them.
Remember to ignore all chinese shills.

Recommended tablets:

>Screenless:
Intuos 3, 4, 5, Pro, One by Wacom

>Display:
Small (10-11"): Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 Lite
Medium (12-16"): Samsung Galaxy Tab S8/S9 Ultra, used iPad Pro 12.9" Gen 1-5
Large (22"+): Cintiq 22HD, Cintiq Pro 27 - Make sure they have VESA standard mounting holes.

Avoid:

>XP-Pen, Huion, Gaomon and every other Chinese brand making Wacom imitations
Poor build quality, pens with wavy lines, wobbly nibs, broken tilt, issues registering light pressure, terrible customer support, uncalibrated. All Chinese brands have the same problems. Check out the webm to understand how bad they are.
Do not be fooled by myths like "Chink companies are just as good as Wacom now" - they've been saying this for over 8 years, nothing has changed. Consider reading the amazon reviews, particularly the negative spectrum and you will find some very common themes.
Chinese companies have also been proven to shill on 4chan. You will see dozens upon dozens of posts in this thread by a chinese schizo shill, who will either be bitching about the OP, gaslighting as a Wacom fan, making pointless spam posts or giving terrible advice (like recommending Huion). Just ignore and report him.

>New iPads
Massively overpriced and overhyped.

>Microsoft Surface Pro
More optimized for palm rejection than good quality drawing. Wobbly lines when drawing slow and straight.

>Cintiq 13-16"
Completely outclassed by the Galaxy Tab Ultra & iPad

>Cintiq Pro 16, 24, 32
Overpriced, QC issues, loud fans, proprietary mount interface

>Lenovo
Worse than Samsung in every way.

Previous: >>7280663
>>
File: chinesetabs_1.webm (2.96 MB, 1280x720)
2.96 MB
2.96 MB WEBM
>>7312615
>Check out the webm to understand how bad they are.
>>
The other thread isn't even close to bump limit Mr. Rutten
>>
>>7312615
Holy shit dude the other thread is probably going to be up another week.
>>
incoming 30 posts of worthless questions and calling [brand I don't like] garbage to hit bump limit on the other thread
>>
>have both an ipad pro 12.9 and a galaxy tab s8 ultra (received as a gift)
I find myself using the iPad more because of the software support, but thinking of using the Android more. I still don't like the feeling of drawing on glass tho, even with the flayed nib. are there any pens that play well with a rough screen protector and don't perform like ass?
>>
Real previous (still active as of this reply) >>7302629
>>
Wacom shill thread, Huion and XP-Pen are good brands. Wacom is overpriced chinese garbage.
>>
>>7312744
>Huion and XP-Pen are good brands
Embarrassing shilling, chinese idiot.
>>
>>7312783
>Embarrassing shilling, chinese idiot.
Embarrassing shilling, chinese idiot.
>>
how noticeable is the parallax on the cintiq 27" QHD? You can sometimes get them for a good price used
>>
>>7312789
Embarrassing shilling
>>
>had 2020 ipad air
>liked it
>was easily hitting >6h of screen time in procreate, and that's a conservative guess, I think I remember seeing 8h+ this one time I checked battery information in settings
>got 2024 pro
>dies after 4h

am I having issues, or is 2024 pro just kind of a piece of shit? Can anyone with this tablet check screen time?
>>
File: Kay.png (103 KB, 2934x842)
103 KB
103 KB PNG
I'm not sure if this is the correct place, but I did draw this on a tablet, which version of this character looks the best?
>>
>>7312828
this is the power of wacom, huh?
>>
>>7312615
At this point I'm thinking this guy is a false flagger who actually hates wacom/got cheated out by them and is annoying on purpose to get people to buy anything else. Thoughts?
>>
>>7313614
I've had that theory for a while, he's just posting about his own situation any time he mentions chang working at a "shill department" at huion.
He works for huion's marketing team and is intentionally a faggot that pretends to shill wacom just to make people annoyed at the brand and turn to chinese companies instead. That's why he's so unbelievably butthurt any time someone else makes the thread because it's interfering with his $.10/hr
>>
>>7313659
That's a thought. I was thinking more along the more vitriolic schizo part where he doesn't have monetary benefit for doing this, and without payment I can only imagine someone acting like this out of hatred. They might get off on people dissing Wacom for the same reason they felt mistreated by Wacom that launched them on this weirdo path.
I'm also leaning towards the idea this isn't just one person since it's gone on for way too long.
>>
File: FyLSe9rWcAEK1_o.jpg (77 KB, 680x680)
77 KB
77 KB JPG
I have 286 in my bank account recommend me a tablet I can get for this price
>>
>>7313722
Used iPad Pro 12.9" 4th gen
>>
>>7313722
bought my aplel air from 2020 for 350, and I'm sure it can be hunted down for way cheaper than that if you're commited enough, not to mention older models. Old ipads are a steal, people buy them for no reason and sell them for nothing once they realize that.

Unless you mean anything, including, screenless PC tablets, then your choice is way wider than that.
>>
>>7313767
>it's half the price and has a nicer shape, i'm not even sure the staedtler eraser works on samsungs but the side button on the wacom pen is more comfortable to use as an eraser
>also afaik the staedtler's pressure response is calibrated more for writing (like the S Pen) whereas the wacom pen is calibrated for drawing specifically
The eraser does work depending on app, and whether or not the side button feels better is subjective.

For me the triangular prism shape of the noris is much more comfortable than any cylindrical shaped pen. Don't understand any of this stuff about calibration, they all feel the same to me and pressure can be customized.
>>
>>7312828
either 2 or 4
>>
>>7313732
>>7313738

I cant pirate software on an ipad but I will consider it
>>
>>7313798
Then, androids should be just as good, though I can't exactly vouch for them with personal experience. The most popular iOS drawing software is procreate and it costs one pizza worth of money in one-time purchase, so if this thing fulfills your needs (it's very minimalistic by design), you probably won't be too bothered with being unable to pirate things.
>>
>>7312828
yuo need loomis
>>
File: doesheknow.jpg (68 KB, 1200x675)
68 KB
68 KB JPG
>>7313800
wutabout dis

https://www.amazon.com/Wacom-Graphics-Animation-Beginners-DTC133W0A/dp/B082LZXQ6B/ref=sr_1_2?crid=PKKTV2GYEGVB&dib=eyJ2IjoiMSJ9.tDaaAUEmycU9IKSweRwjYvUk1QNVj05Et-vFoqUiSZwtj1lVAbQpe2y8pTeghO6OY99HxsuKmTq7oFcmTBmhMVVPve4FPNz2g7hgb4CfgPZslGEXwZe9v4487ubkp2VO9sFDB6jERMfoB3MlrmEo82p9g8mlYFy0dlQn5iKMJrss8BY4SjDe1ANsZVGcJG6LYFoXxSeH8EJcQWiQIZPwZ51-TA7ekU9dTunBpkrZC7QQpiyMY0nZ-tBpTTYv2dNAooawv13DmIMgMqm_43_L7N2gsUlFFmIueu5rR1MlkLY.kd4Zf5qhrczO6-KPNU_iI1jCl7YXG1LVllUCREYPqCo&dib_tag=se&keywords=wacom+drawing+tablet&nav_sdd=aps&qid=1727473711&refinements=p_36%3A1253506011&rnid=386442011&s=electronics&sprefix=wacom+&sr=1-2
>>
>>7313803
Never used it, so I can't say anything for sure, but it seems alright to me if you don't mind being connected to PC with a cable. There's a beauty in grabbing your standalone tablet to doodle on the couch, or in bed, but if you're not feeling it, why not. Google a whole lot before buying it, or maybe someone who actually used it can speak up, but doesn't look bad at all at a glance.

I only have a screenless wacom, but one thing I can say is that it definitely feels nicer to draw on than iPad when it comes to the way stylus slides on the surface, even despite the rough display protector I bought for ipad just to make it less painful. If screen wacoms are even remotely similar, then I can see this one upside for sure.
>>
>>7313722
have you considered a job?
>>
File: lmfaoo.png (103 KB, 899x1473)
103 KB
103 KB PNG
>>7312690
>incoming 30 posts of worthless questions and calling [brand I don't like] garbage to hit bump limit on the other thread
he's literally posting from both his phone and computer as fast as he can holy fucking topkek
>>
>>7313722
Used tablets on facebook marketplace (bring a friend and stay strapped). I've seen cintiqs listed below that price but any intuos at or beyond model 3 should be good and many huions will likely be available too.
>>7313856
That's why I'm saying there's no way this is just one person.
>>
>>7313915
How long has he even been at this? 5 years?
>>
>>7312615
Ya'll should watch "The Seven Pens" on Youtube if youl want a detailed technical explanation about drawing tablets and which brand to choose. The guy has great in depth information about drawing tablets, which are helpful for people who has no idea which brand to choose from. Perfect for beginner artist or people with zero knowledge about hardware specs. I highly recommend ya'll watch his content, you can ask him more info in his comments section. Just to be sure not to be a dickwad towards him. Mods should pin his channel on every /dtg/ thread.
>>
>>7314133
Buy an ad
>>
I have xencelabs medium
It's kinda great and affordable. Never had any issues besides that the little side thing with the buttons stopped working (not on the actual tablet, it's like a seperate little thing with buttons and a wheel)

However I never see anyone talk about xencelabs. Is it really that unknown or is it just bad?
>>
>>7314194
Unknown. They have basically zero marketing. Quality is great from everything I've heard though.
>>
>>7314198
Ah i see. I didnt really know about them either but I was done with Wacom after years of having issues with drivers and having to manually stop and start services on my pc to get it working. Found xencelabs randomly cuz it was cheap and i was poor
Also fuck wacom, waste of money
>>
>>7314199
To my understanding, xencelab started 4 or 5 years ago as a company comprised of former wacom employees that just wanted to make quality tablets. They're currently owned by HanVon Ugee, which is the parent company for xppen, and obviously Ugee tablets. No idea what tech is shared between them all, but from my experience, every modern tablet I've tried has been pretty good.

Fuck wacom pricing.
>>
>>7314210
The pricing is insane and they cant evem hire quality coders to fix their spaghetti code drivers. Ill never buy wacom again. Id rather draw with mouse if i had to choose between that and a wacom
>>
>>7314214
Holy based
>>
>>7314199
>Found xencelabs randomly cuz it was cheap and i was poor
is xencelabs cheap now? last time I checked they're pretty pricey compared to actual cheap brands (because they're supposed to be the only one that can get near wacom quality)
>>7314133
I'm amazed with that seven pens guy. he's so active in different forums helping a lot of people and creates detailed videos and reviews. his content doesn't look interesting at the surface though unless you're really interested with tablets
>>
>>7314133
he has a website with everything categorized, no need to bother with videos
>>
>>7314280
Its about 380$ for the medium with accesorries i think
For me thats cheap. Wacom is more expensive right?
>>
>>7314280
>>7314286
Oh and i bought it for the same in 2022
>>
>>7314286
that's the price for an intuos pro medium here
>>
Can you use samsung tab with your pc or are u forced to use android csp? If so is there cracked one?
>>
>>7314290
Well with xencelabs you get 2 pens, a lot of nibs and an external button thing with a wheel as well
>>
>>7314294
the intuos has the buttons on the side, it comes with the pro pen 2 which people seem to say is the best pen and you have 6 replacement nibs in the box
why would you need 2 pens? just give more nibs at that point
>>
>>7314286
>380$
wacom price just with extra accessories.
>>
Nobody answered by question, can I remove the texture from an Intuos by going over it multiple times with an eraser or should I just cover it with a plastic sheet to save my nibs
>>
>>7314298
No. The tablet itself has buttons AND you get the external one. So all in all like 12 buttons and a wheel.
Theres like 10 nibs
One thick pen with 3 buttons and one thin one with one or two buttons. Dont use the thin one much but when my fingers hurt its good to switch

>>7314303
Whats the size difference? I wonder if wacom has the same size. Xencelabs one was bigger than my old wacom but i cant remember which wacom i had
>>
>>7314305
I'm guessing the Intuos model your pertaining to are the recently release newer ones with cheap pens that doesn't have a eraser end. The ones with various colors like blue, pink, etc. The texture of it can't be removed without damaging the surface of the drawing tablet. I suggest you cover it with a plastic sheet instead or a really thin acrylic glass sheet, (acetate sheets works too and are a lot cheaper). I once had one of those Intuos tablet and just ordered a custom printed overlay sticker online (I sent a picture of Femto with Casca printed on the sticker). You can even choose berween rough or smooth. Pick your what ever you want anon.
>>
>>7314455
Nah, talking about the Pros. Apparently the texture was made rougher to sell more nibs.
>>
>>7312622

How these are not examples of the software failing?
>>
>>7314475
Because they're not software failing, idiot. Those are hardware problems.
>>
>>7314475
>>7314499
Tbh might be driver issues or underlying code, seems like a software issue to me but not the actual illustration software
>>
About to change the screen on my intuos, wish me luck
>>
>>7314546
>his intuos has a screen
why are you a displaybaby
>>
>>7314549
why are you broke
>>
>>7314564
I'm not broke, the 3 monitors I have cost more than a cintiq
which is why I'm not going to hunch over one for 3 hours to draw when I can comfortably lay back in my chair and clear the desk when I need to move that thing around
>>
>>7314567
heart breaking: man too stupid to conceive of a way to raise display tablet so he doesn't have to hunch over it, must watch!!
>>
>>7314569
jews got to u man
>>
>>7314569
why would I do that when I can just raise my head
>>
>>7314456
>the texture was made rougher to sell more nibs.
it couldn't be that they made the texture rougher to more accurately emulate a pencil on paper.
>>
>>7314695
If I wanted paper I'd use paper, what's with this obsession with emulating trad tools? In fact if you put a paper above the texture sheet and draw on it the nibs will still last longer than doing it directly on the pad, profit seeking is the obvious reason.
>>
>>7314305
Use what this >>7314455 anon said. just cover the surface with a thin seethe of plastic and use some tape around it to hold it in place.
>>
Just use some sandpaper to make it smooth and frictionless.
>>
>>7314697
>what's with this obsession with emulating trad tools?
are you retarded? genuine question
>>
>>7314712
Once the Neuralink brain implants allow you to draw by thinking about it will you ask them to add a paper feel too?
>>
>>7314713
you could have just said yes.
>>
>>7314015
I think technically 4 but yeah it's been way too long for it to be one guy.
>>7314305
Do >>7314455 or get an intous 3 with stroke nibs or standard nibs. It's as much as the replacement sheet for an intuos pro at this point.
>>
>>7314499

How do you know they are not software problems then?
>>
>>7314456
No, people just wanted a rougher texture after the smooth plastic Intuos 3 overlay. People trashed the Intuos 3 back then, they hated the surface, so Wacom made what people wanted.
>>
>>7314549
Intuos pro, not a digital screen I mean the surface screen. Also it was successful.
>>
>>7315819
It's called an "overlay sheet".
>>
>>7312615
Is this viable? I love eink tablets but I like drawing more
>>
>>7315937
I have no experience with it, but a quick google search
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nI3-3BK-1Nw
my nigga teoh did a video on it.

To me it looks like absolute fucking shit for drawing.
>>
>>7313614
Unfortunately hes a real schizo, he came from /g/ when they permabanned him. He used to bitch about Lenovos over there.
>>
>>7314412
Hell yeah another Xencechad
>>
Has anyone tried the surface pro 11? I have a fair idea of what to expect from the surface pen, but what about this ARM emulation shit? Has it become a big downgrade from intel?
>>
>>7315816
People wanted matte texture and they gave us the nib eater 3000 and softened the nibs at the same time. Retarded shit. To deal with that crap I just made nibs out of toothpicks I cut and sanded.
>>
>>7314499
spoken like a true "dont know shit about software"
drivers work fine on linux.
>>
>>7315816
>people just wanted a rougher texture
Nobody sane wants a rougher texture.
>>
A thing I never cared about until buying a display tablet: can you switch the brush cursor off in Photoshop completely? Holy shit it's so distracting.
>>
File: file.png (2.45 MB, 2297x742)
2.45 MB
2.45 MB PNG
The test results are in.
>>
>>7316179
That was the price to pay, the worst part is that the nibs snag, I wouldn't be surprised if all the Pro Pen 2 with broken nose tips were due to the surface texture catching the nibs.
>>
>>7316426
thank you for your service
>>
>>7316290
No, Adobe still thinks that the brush outline is the best default brush cursor. You only have the cross as a minimal cursor.
CSP, Painter and SAI all have dot cursors.
>>
>>7316212
>Nobody sane wants a rougher texture
Most people want a rougher texture
>>
>>7316426
Guess this proves it. Thanks anon
>>
>>7316130
If a permaban works on him then why don't the mods just sidewide ban this cancer shitting up every board he goes to?
>>
What does your desk look like anons?
>>
What’s the hall of fame’s of Wacom Intuos 3? I have heard that’s the best you can get for your buck. Or are they all the same in that line?
>>
>>7316685
Because /g/ has mods from that board and we are lucky if we get a single mod from any board assigned to us.
>>
>>7317001
Intuos 3 is not great, anyone that says it's the best doesn't do art on the daily.
Intuos Pro 1st gen is the best model you can get for cheap.
>>
>>7316685
janiggers have purged threads of all his posts and deleted dozens of his threads, he just keeps coming back. he's a cockroach.
>>
>>7317001
>I have heard that’s the best you can get for your buck.
that would currently be the deco 01v2 for screenless
for displays I'd argue kamvas 22 plus, though the artist pro 16 gen 2 is good too for about the same price. for mobile, a 1st gen ipad pro can be had for like $100, but if buying new, the magic drawing pad
>>
XP-Pen
>>
Ugee
>>
Semi-hardware related, but is Krita on android good yet? I want to grab a tablet for doing digital away from my desk, but the idea of using the same program on both setups seems sound.
>>
>>7317150
You are nothing but a worthless chinese chink who promotes garbage.
>>
>>7317244
krita isn't even on good desktop
>>
>>7317321
i dont know how i fucked this post up so badly
>>
>>7317244
No. Krita sucks ass. Of the 6 I tried for android (csp, infinite painter, hipaint, krita, medibang, ibispaint) I'm not sure if I hated krita, medibang, or ibispaint the most. All 3 were tragically awful.
>>
>>7317314
X P P E N
P
P
E
N
>>
>removing the deco pro from Screenless suggestions
>has more features and costs less.
You are a nigger and a wacom cum guzzler.
>>
>>7317372
Someone should just paste the actual OP from the other thread in the first few posts every time the schizo makes the thread. Fortunately his shit comes off so unhinged that I doubt anyone actually takes information posted there seriously
>>
Looks like Chang is mad about the OP again. Good.
>>
>>7312615
lads its so hard to find cheap used ipads here, they must be easier to find in the US given how popular the brand is
>>
>>7317428
Huion
>>
>>7317001
They're great if you're really strapped for cash and want something that will last a long time and performs well enough to do anything.
A huge issue people will have is that it has the opposite of a textured surface being extremely smooth, coupled with coming with the stroke nib by default which has a spring inside to purposefully reduce friction in order to mimic a brush. Using flex nibs can add good friction, but it is nowhere near the feel of pencil on paper.
>>
>>7312615
So do I buy a Wacom Cintiq 21ux gen 1 ($200), Wii U ($200), Nintendo 3DS ($200), DSI ($80) or an old samsung note for $200 ?
>>
>>7317789
intuos pro medium and stop being retarded
>>
>>7317798
It's like $800 in my country not buying that
>>
>>7317800
it's 400 in my shithole, look at another shop
>>
>>7317789
what the actual fuck are these options?
>>7317798
jesus, retarded wacom shill is even worse.
>>7317800
there's absolutely no reason to buy wacom in the modern era.
>>
^
schizophrenic for 5+ years and counting
>>
>>7317843
Drawing is a hobby for me. Spending $200 on a hobby is a lot of money, also handhelds are portable so I can use them anywhere. The old cell phone is better because it has better resolution and better apps. But what's the other alternative?
>>
>>7317850
wii u, 3ds, dsi? you actually think any of these are going to be decent options for drawing?
Get a first gen ipad pro if you want a cheap and decent mobile drawing experience. or just a pad of paper and a pencil.
For under $200, there aren't a lot of good options. I also don't get why you guys that live in non-US countries don't ever mention where you live as if we're just supposed to assume you live in Vanuatu and know what the market there is like.
>>
>yeah bro just buy a very small wacom tablet with 4 awkwardly placed buttons and 3 nibs at x2 the price of the one with an analog wheel, touch control, 8 properly placed buttons that make sense and has like 15 nibs.
>>
>>7317850
>Spending $200 on a hobby is a lot of money
>>
>>7317862
Why even reply to that dude, he's obviously not serious about art, why is he even in this thread? He should be focusing on making more money since he doesn't have the curse of wanting to do this for a living. If you can't afford more than $200 you have more problems than buying a tablet. He needs to get his shit together if that's the max disposable income he has.
>>
File: file.png (447 KB, 966x596)
447 KB
447 KB PNG
>>7312615
Do you people really use these kind of buttons? I'm finding myself more comfortable just using the standarized keyboard shortcuts. I mean, the kb is already in front of me!
>>
any opinions on the new wacom movink?
looks very appealing to me. alternatively i've been eyeing the xp pen pro gen2 tablets.
the only thing speaking against the movink is its size. though 13 inch should be fine for sketching.

but honestly there is a TON speaking for the movink
>light
>not hot
>laminated
>pro pen 3
>>
>>7318068
I used to before I switched to linux, they don't work on here. I also used the wheel thing and when I used to stream (this was about 2014) people used to ask what kept popping up. Also the rotate/zoom/layer function on the wheel was fun as well. The layer one tripped me up but I constantly used it for rotating... I think the last setting allowed you to change the brush size, but I may be misremembering.
>>
XAXAXA (wakfu artist) just did a review of the kamvas 22 plus

https://x.com/XaGueuzav/status/1838474534371946945?t=9GlJi3ywzHp7fCuCPW1kYw&s=19
>>
>>7318496
>>
>>7318497
>>
>>7318498
I'm sure this guy that's made hundreds of thousands off his art and has a 4k cintiq is just a huion shill though
>>
File: 20241002_022248.jpg (1.43 MB, 3000x3000)
1.43 MB
1.43 MB JPG
>>7318501
Huion-chan kinda cute
>>
what's the oldest (I mean cheapest, but prices depend on the country) ipad I could buy for drawing? one that won't turn obsolete quickly and where the drawing is still smooth
Ipad Pro Gen 3 is outside my budget here, used that is
>>
>>7318496
>>7318497
>>7318498
>>7318501
>chinese idiot still desperately spamming social media promotion
Nobody cares chong. We see this stuff for exactly what it is: paid promotion.

You don't understand the western market at all. Your marketing isn't working here.
>>
>>7318580
I just ordered a Huion what's wrong with them? Should i cancel it and buy a wacom instead?
>>
>>7318580
Post your work, and your wacom tablet's "made in _" markings
Do this and I will make my first tablet a wacom instead of a huion
>>
>>7318608
it's just the schizo guzzler, ignore him
>>
>>7318548
1st get ipad pro is still a capable device. You have to deal with some annoyances like lightning port and a plug in pencil, but its still good
>>
>>7318580
I kinda care. xa is a huge name and is calling it good. why should I listen to you over him?
>>
>>7318793
You should take sponsorships with a grain of salt because in general, the person is not allowed to say something negative as part of the agreement.
>>
>>7318795
no, that's not how reviews work.
>>
>>7318798
I am not the schizo poster. The artist clearly thanks huion for giving him the opportunity to test the tablet, and links to the store page. So it's not really a plain review. Just know that there might be a negative point or two that he doesn't talk about is all I'm saying.
>>
>>7318806
entirely possible, but you are allowed to point out negatives when doing reviews with an established brand. it's not an unknown amazon seller paying you $5 to leave them a positive review.
He did point out the cursor accuracy problem at the edge of the screen and lack of shortcut buttons, and
>only the stylus support is a bit cheaper
which I have no idea what the fuck that means

I think xa is more trustworthy than no-draw schizo op
>>
>>7318795
You are literally replying to the chinese shill.
Pay him no mind.
>>
>>7318811
>>7318793
Again, nobody cares about your paid sponsorship, Dong Quixtang.
>>
>>7318834
can you post your artwork that's better than his? or your modern flagship wacom like what he has?
>>
>>7318847
Completely shut him down, very nice
>>
Been seeing a lot of mdp praise around so I'm wondering. Can I just get a paper screen protector for say a Samsung pad or is the mdp drawing experience just that good? I use stuff till they die so the lack of updates and repair options for the mdp is a bit worrying. The alternative I'm looking at is a refurbished tab s9. Same price.
>>
>>7319102
It's cheap worthless garbage.
>>
>>7319102
I don't know much about the MDP but I'm not sure how a paperlike screen will work for an S9 because it comes with a rubber nib, and laying down a flexible-type screen protector without getting dust underneath is pretty hard which can very badly affect the drawing experience.
If longevity is your major concern the S9 is probably your best bet though.
>>
>>7319102
the nice thing about etched glass is it never wears down and you never have to replace it. you have a nice consistent permanent textured drawing surface.
the IAF and pen feel are also just a lot better, even if you use a wacom one pen with the samsung tab.
Build quality of the device itself isn't as "premium" as galaxy tabs or ipads, but the drawing experience is much much nicer. If you're going for a mobile drawing tablet, it's the best choice and it's not even close.
>>
>>7316426
>I AM GONNA BELIEVE IT
>>
>>7319102
I've yet to see a good paperlike screen protector for the S9, especially the ultra which gets FUCKING ZERO ACCESSORIES because of its size
I don't mind drawing on glass and some wacom tips help (elastomer and felt tip feel decent)
It has an official flip cover that's supposed to be paperlike but I never bothered to buy it because it's thick as fuck and expensive
It's gotten harder to recommend samsungs now that the MDP is out with the exception of ultra models just because you can't get that size anywhere else in tablets
>>
>>7319263
>FUCKING ZERO ACCESSORIES
You always sperg out like this, chinese shill. Not very good at being discreet, are you?

XP Pen and Huion products are still cheaply made garbage.
>>
>>7319324
I literally own an S9 ultra and no xp pen or huion products schizo
Go ahead and find me a good paperlike screen protector for it
>>
>>7319263
I have the MoKo magnetic removable paperlike screen protector on my S9 ultra. You know you can use the same screen protectors made for the S8 and S10 ultra as well, right? Bellemond makes great stick-on ones similar to the ipad paperlikes, if you want a permanent one.
>>
>>7318795
True. I like MobileTechReviews, they either can take the product but refuse to guarantee a rating, or they will go and buy it themselves instead to avoid that bullshit. They review a lot of tablets and make an artist use them for at least a month and then report back.
>>
Outside need to replace stylus once, I'm relatevily surprised my wacom ptk 650 still works fine outside of completely dried glue of "resin" part with button
>>7318068
nope
keyboard for past 10 years only
>>
>>7320066
https://www.youtube.com/user/MobileTechReview this?
>>
>>7320066
Pathetic shilling, idiot. You like that channel because they promote your low quality chinese garbage.
>>
File: IMG_2604.jpg (228 KB, 887x1183)
228 KB
228 KB JPG
nibbers, when do I replace my nib?

picrel it’s my nib, pls respond
>>
>>7320455
chisel it into a spear tip
>>
>>7316591
Nta but I doubt that. Not like you could prove otherwise either as I don't think they've released results from a survey either.
We're all different. I for one hate the rough texture and much more prefer a smooth surface.
>>
>>7317359
Nta. I only use the computer based krita but I switched from having used PS since 2005 to krita 2 years ago and I love it.
Just takes some time to adjust to it but It does whatever I need it to.
>>
>>7318608
I bought a huion 22 plus like described in the review above. Have been using it for 4 months and I think the review matches my own opinions on it.
I am very happy with it but there are some color adjustments/calibration needed. Menus are easy enough to get the hang of.
Only concern is longevity and after reading posts about customer support I've accepted that once it breaks I'm gona have to look for a replacement.
You could be unlucky. You never know. If you do decide to keep it just make sure you treat it ridiculously delicate as you might not get much assistance from customer support. Clean electrical plugs, no dust in there, no rough handling or bumping the screen on hard surfaces and careful with the usbport (I heard they break from wear and tear).
That's what I've gathered from researching other peoples experiences.
>>
>>7320739
I've had my refurb 22 plus for over 2 years. longevity isn't really an issue unless you're retarded.
>>
>>7320429
Because they promote Wacom and Samsung as the best? Lol insecure much? Oh no someone might rate the chinese brand as a 6/10 ooh scaryyyy
>>
>>7320455
Just sand it until its round again problem solved
>>
What's a good free drawing app to use on samsung S8+? Krita is too cumbersome. I am just starting to learn and I'm not sure I even want to use the tablet so I don't want to spend any money. Also is the s-pen that comes with it an appropriate stylus? Am I supposed to take the screen protector off?
>>
>>7320913
you can try infinite painter for 7 days for free or the CSP trial which is either 3 months for android or 6 months for samsung devices but only if you get it through the samsung store
other than that there's not really anything truly free, they're all infested with ads but hipaint at least has the decency to not steal your screen real estate to show you ads while you're drawing, afaik it'll just pop up ads when you're in menus you can easily X out of
>>
>>7320913
csp > infinite painter > hi paint > everything else is shit

infinite painter is I think $10 for full version or free for the basic version, but you're limited to 3 layers which is gay
you JUST missed CSP's quarterly sale that was 60% off. I honestly think infinite painter is about as good though, the only reason I use csp is for uniformity in my drawing apps across all devices.

ibis paint, medibang, krita, all shit.
>>
>>7312622
From what video is this?
>>
>>7321219
it's op intentionally using the product wrong (the product from 2019 mind you) in an attempt to sell more wacoms.
>>
>>7321219
It's three different videos, one from Teoh Yi Chie, one from Brad Colbow and one from Aaron Rutten.

Notice Ching Chong is already in damage control: >>7321223
>>
I regret being an intuos pro
>>
>>7312615
How the fuck do I deal with brush lag with S9 plus ultra?
>>
>>7321289
I thought I wasn't supposed to trust any of them? or is it okay to trust them when they agree with you?
>>
Can I get some tips about how improving the longevity of my wacom? (screenless)
I already don't use a lot of pressure and try to put something over it as to not let it collect dust overnight but figured if there could be other ways to help it.
The screen scratching is an unavoidable issue from the looks of it? But as long as it doesn't impact the movement of the pen that is fine, right?
>>
>>7321301
what kind of brush lag, that shouldn't happen unless you're drawing with giant textured brushes which will bring almost anything to its knees anyway
>>
>>7321309
I'll have the px the highest setting, canvas 20000 x 20000, just fucking lags on clip studio paint
>>
>>7321223
No, its from day 1 of the 24 pro release. This stuff was fixed within the next month with a driver update. Doesnt look good when all of you guys guess and lie and shill.
>>
>>7321310
nigga
>>
>>7321310
>canvas 20000 x 20000
Well theres your problem
>>
>>7321310
Are you drawing a 1:1 map of Venice?
>>
>>7321305
I just throw a screen protector on mine and when it gets so scratched up that it fucks up my lines i peel it off and put a new one on. Helps with resale value too
>>
>>7321310
Pyw show us what youre drawing at that canvas size I gotta know
>>
>>7320913
S-pen is fine, the fat staedtler norris is peak comfort.
>>
>>7321310
I assume this is just a retarded troll and not actually the guy complaining
>>
>>7321304
You don't have to "trust" any of their reviews, Chang. That's just video footage to prove how low quality your shitty cheap tablets are.

XP Pen and Huion are garbage.
>>
Looks like LiuZhaoBong is spamming posts again to hit the bump limit, even though it's over 100 posts away. That is some serious shill desperation. You CLEARLY care about the OP.

Why don't you try making a tablet that isn't complete garbage? How about not relying so much on sponsored promotions and coercing reviewers into giving your crap quality products positive reviews?
>>
>>7321296
>I regret being an intuos pro
Im sorry you were born an intuos pro life must be hard for a wacom
>>
>>7321315
Nice, do you have a link for the screen protector?
Also, is it okay if I go without a screen protector and just mind the pressure while drawing?
>>
>>7321311
>day 1 of the 24 pro release
which was like 4 or 5 years ago.
>>
>>7321322
Its the guy that doesnt draw and just complains about huion and lenovo. We gonna keep letting him have threads?
>>
File: 1694407392568402.webm (2.23 MB, 1280x720)
2.23 MB
2.23 MB WEBM
>>7321323
>That's just video footage
you mean like this?
>>
File: 1693905174294074.webm (3.85 MB, 720x480)
3.85 MB
3.85 MB WEBM
>>7321323
or maybe like this?
>>
>>7321330
See if AtFolix has one for your tablet. And yes you can use without and if you find yourself pressing hard just turn the pressure up so its softer.
>>
>>7321328
>has to make a thread but doesn't want anyone to post in it
make it make sense
>>
>>7321334
>>7321336
Wow more stuff they patched out. When are these from, lenovoguy?
>>
>>7321338
sadly, they don't have it. And thank you, Going to try and do that
>>
>>7321341
they patched out normal functionality?
>>
File: 1720413485997347.png (84 KB, 662x504)
84 KB
84 KB PNG
my mdp is arriving today bros im so excited
>>
>>7321525
Noice
First thing I'd suggest doing is set cursor offset and put in a felt nib. Well after installing infinite painter>>7321525
>>
>>7321346
The tilt freaking the fuck out got patched. Do you even watch the trash you post here?
>>
>>7321651
>Do you even watch the trash you post here?
anon...
>>7321336
>>7321334
are videos debunking the retarded op
>>
>>7321336
>>7321334
Obvious shill post using wacom hardware modified to look like chinese garbage.
>>
File: 1712519957515016.jpg (104 KB, 1280x720)
104 KB
104 KB JPG
>>7321525
My intuos pro arrived today, the stylus is so nice.
>>
I bought an XPPEN because of the cute mascot and i was disappointed to find out they redesigned him when the package arrived
>>
>>7319102
MDP is a better drawing experience period. I'm with you on the long term concerns but I had both an MDP and Samsung at the same time (with the Wacom one pen) and it was a slam dunk for the MDP. The MDP is the first tablet in my life I've felt comfortable just drawing on from day one. (After adjusting offset)

HOWEVER the Samsung has much better performance for large rez textured brushes and also is a better entertainment tablet while the MDP is a DRAWING tool for DRAWING and has a lot of jank in normal android shit. The official MDP keyboard accessory also sucks liquid ass. Take that how you will for your use case.
>>
>>7321660
stale bait
>>
>>7320937
>>7321113
Thanks, I spent all evening with IP and it's the one for me.
>>
>>7312615
Are the different textured panels for Intuos pro worth it?
>>
>>7321780
Were you the guy that was trying the other xppen stylus with his mdp?
>>
>>7321780
I want to try it out but I just bought a 24" and my wallet is crying lol

Any videos that look like an accurate review of the experience?
>>
>>7322075
you can watch any of the initial release review videos of the product like teoh on tech's, and just know that the cursor offset issue was patched out like a few weeks after it launched.
>>
fellow isheep how much storage is your drawing program of choice taking up

>CAPTCHA: SJWAW
>>
>>7322247
2.5 gigabytes for Clip Studio Paint
>>
File: 1510086088328.jpg (81 KB, 382x361)
81 KB
81 KB JPG
What is the general tablet recommendation for someone that is a /beg/ that draws infrequently but is looking to dip their toe into drawing with a tablet without committing more than $250? Basically just want something to doodle and make OC with, and that "just werksTM" with a Windows desktop and doesn't require much fiddling with software or tuning of pen sensors,etc. Ideally something that doesn't mind a bit of mistreatment, i.e. the heat and humidity of a tropical region or being left unused for weeks at a time, and doesn't overheat/run hot easily.

Also, why are the basic Intuos pen tablets so much cheaper than something like the Intuos Pros or Xencelabs Medium?
>>
im annoyed the ipad mini would be great for me but second hand the ipad pro m2 just makes a lot more sense.

For a casual artist that maybe draws 8 hours a week would the ipad pro still be good or does it feel too heavy to carry around?

i have been a wacom user since 2009
>>
I have a xencelabs medium tablet (bought in february) that I want to sell or exchange with the stonehouse anatomy english version. I cant buy the book where I'm from, so if anyone want an almost new tablet (just used if for like two months before I discovered it wasnt for me and I prefered a screen tablet), tell me !
>>
>>7322893
stonehouse anatomy sucks, it's full of inaccuracies and conjecture
>>
>>7322899
I thought it was only a few mistakes, like 3 or 4 ?
>>
>>7322901
You are responding to the chinese sperg.
>>
File: 1723230417221188.png (94 KB, 476x448)
94 KB
94 KB PNG
>>7322906
>>
>>7322728
Get xencelabs or intuos pro. The intuos is the cheap version of intuos pro, they used to call them bamboo.
>>
>>7322236
What the fuck are you even talking about
>>
File: 1726797587432823.jpg (45 KB, 500x500)
45 KB
45 KB JPG
What would be the cheapest alternative to intuos pro large?
>>
>>7323269
Deco Pro Gen 2 XL. Yup that's right it, it's even bigger than the large.
>>
>>7323275
This looks insane anon, thank you. Are you using this one? Can't seem to find any reviews
>>
>>7323296
Because it's poor quality garbage.
>>
>>7323269
Is it time to bump the thread to 300 and make a fresh one, which inevitably will not go your way, and then will need to be bumped to limit again? For eternity... what kind of existence is this?

Is it fun? Is it a fetish? Is it narcissism? Why do you do this?
>>
>>7323312
Wouldn't people feel more strongly motivated to leave a review if they have a bad experience with the product?
>>
>>7322732
i get that, i originally wanted the mini but ended up going with a 10.9" m1. now that i have this one i really wouldn't switch for a mini, but it would be nice for travel sketching. im a consistent user with about 3-7 hrs drawing each day though. my coworker has a mini & steered me away from it due to its size as a professional limitation, but they're definitely nice & portable digital sketchbooks. the pro may feel like a little much if you were initially set on the mini but i really think it'd grow on you quickly. they aren't necessarily heavy unless you're literally holding it up all day, but i carry mine in a sling bag that i can adjust to rest my ipad on like a laptop harness. either way you will enjoy either one and miss perks of the other
>>
>>7323318
All Huion and XP Pen garbage get their share of negative reviews, they're just flooded out with obvious rating manipulation chinese companies are notorious for.
>>
>>7323462
Then why does the tablet being discussed not have any reviews, obvious rating manipulation or otherwise?
>>
Never drawn on a tablet before. but thinking about getting an mdp just for the paper like screen. Either that or samsung
For the people who draw on a samsung, do you use a screen protector or no? How do you like drawing on it vs paper or the mdp if you have experience?
Just curious what my options are. thanks anons
>>
File: 1499976749159.jpg (98 KB, 996x720)
98 KB
98 KB JPG
>>7322955
>xencelabs or intuos pro
Any particular reason why you would recommend those over the lower-tier options? I was leaning towards the medium Xencelabs tablet but it almost seemed too nice for someone just starting out.
>>
>>7323544
You wanted something with good build quality, xencelabs is made of metal and sturdy plastic. And in the drivers they're very customizable, feels good bro.

There are cheaper options but the quality varies on those. I've used every brand while searching for a wacom alternative, I've enjoyed xence the most.

>it almost seemed too nice for someone just starting out.
I think too nice for someone starting is like a 36" screen tablet. A decent drawing tablet will last you a long time, and if you dont end up enjoying drawing you can just sell it off close to the original price easily.
>>
>>7323609
personally using a pen tablet made me quit digital for years because of how awful they feel to use. Displays are just so much nicer
>>
>>7323619
I agree, I was just saying overkill for a beginner would be getting the biggest possible cintiq when you cant even draw a cube yet. Nothing wrong with getting a 16"-20" display or a tab ultra or ipad or mdp or whatever instead of a regular pen tablet.
>>
>>7323619
I know pen tablet are supposed to be better for the ergonomics, but it just hurt my wrist so bad everytime for like two days, when with a display tablet, I got 0 problems. I tried everything to make it more confortable, because I really wanted it to work, but yeah, pen tablet aren't for everyone.
>>
>>7322247
My iPad is fresh so I'm around 1 gb on photoshop, was considering Procreate. One of my coworkers has 30gb of procreate data hoarding going on.
>>7322658
How long'd that take?
>>
>>7323643
How does a display have better ergonomics? Do you mean the stand they come with? If so then why not use the stand with a normal pen tablet? Not trying to dog on you just genuinely curious
>>
>>7322728
$250 can net a solid display tablet especially if you buy used or are okay with a 13" option. At ~$300 you can get a 2021 Huion 16 inch with the stand which is a very solid first tablet.
Also ignore the weirdo that might call any recommendations "garbage chinese shit" or the like, he's literally schizophrenic.
>>7323653
It makes sense if it was hand problems. Display tablets' better ergonomics mostly concern posture but both are vulnerable to poor wrist positioning
>>
>>7323418
do you even wish you would have gotten the 12.9 in?
>>
>>7323653
The way you need to set up a non display tablet ergonomically is counter intuitive. I assume most people put it in front of them, lined up with the monitor. The ergonomic way is to have it off where your mouse is and kind of diagonal, which is really hard on the hand-eye coordination and disconnect between pen and canvas.

A lot easier to slap a display tablet on a table easel or vesa mount.
>>
>>7323720
it'd be nice, if it had been available at the same price i likely would've gotten it. another couple coworkers have 12.9s, the difference from 10.9 isn't extreme but they wouldn't sacrifice the extra space and features for portability. they're just a bit more careful with handling and rest it on a table or stand to avoid fatigue. anyway i feel that the 10.9 is an optimal size for me, the dimensions match my favorite sketchbook. if the 12.9 were the fairest price though id go with it easily, reselling to downsize may be a possibility if you end up hating it. if you don't like it though, no shame not buying
>>
>>7323653
With the display, for my back, the problem was easily resolved since I just needed to sit properly and takes frequents breaks. I also use a stand that helps me keeping my head straight and I'm used to draw on an easel, so I can easily use my whole arm.
But for the pen tablet, all the movements I made were really unnatural and putting a lot of strain for nothing, even with breaks. The disconnection wasnt an issue, but I couldnt deal with wrist pain.
I think that whatever you choose, you needs frequents breaks and avoid doing the same thing for too long or else it will just be painful anyway.

>>7323722
That's exactly what I did, putting it in front of me, flat or on a slight angle.
>>
>>7323648
>How long'd that take?
It's 500mb for the program itself and the rest for additional materials you can optionally download at the start.
>>
>>7323296
Yeah I use it over my intuos pro medium and works like a charm. No issues whatsoever on my end.
>>
File: file.jpg (47 KB, 750x750)
47 KB
47 KB JPG
>>7323609
>>7323669
Appreciate the feedback and sorry for all the follow-up questions/quibbling. Does the recommendation of pen tablet vs display tablet come down purely to personal preference or are there situations where one is decidedly superior to the other? For instance, in a situation where space is limited and the tablet of choice would either be at an angle in front of you (like pic related) or even in your lap, is one better than the other? Don't have back or wrist issues yet, but also have only drawn in short bursts with pencil and paper so I'm not sure how posture/ergonomics will come into play with long term digital drawing. Is the learning curve going from trad to digital less steep on one versus the other?
Starting to think I should just buy a tablet and a display to trial both instead of bothering /dtg/.
>>
>>7323802
Do you use any tablet stand?
>>
>>7324068
When I used to put my 15" display tablet in my lap and on the edge of my desk lile that it made my neck hurt looking down at it. Was better to just have it on my desk on a little angled stand instead. I think I had the parblo stand.

Ive heard there are gooseneck stands and some tablet arms that are made for light tablets, and a sort of monitor-style stand for ipads, thats always a way to handle the ergonomic and small space problem

And dont worry actual questions are way more welcome than the schizo shit we deal with daily here.
>>
>>7324068
Displays are easier to transition to because it's the closest to drawing on paper and they're just better overall (cue screenless schizos seething)
>>
>>7324068
Completely conjecture on my part but I believe pen tablets are easier to use for artists who already have a strong sense of line confidence because they've developed the mind-muscle link that allows them to easily create the line they want. Beginners that haven't yet developed this skill can experience even greater disconnect between the screen and tablet, adding struggles to the large amount of difficulties they'll inevitably face when starting out.
When it comes to ergonomics and posture awareness is more important than anything. If you pay attention to your body's pains and discomforts and adjust appropriately you'll probably be fine with either type, though a stand really helps with display tablets if it's possible to fit in budget.
>>
File: 20240929_200724.webm (3.66 MB, 960x540)
3.66 MB
3.66 MB WEBM
Hello everyone. 6 months ago the tablet that I bought, a Samsung Galaxy Tab S9 256gb, was having a pressure detection error. Luckily, I was in time and entitled to a refund or replacement with a new product. I choose the replacement (clueless) because I loved the device when it was working as intended. It took me 5 months fighting with customer service to get a replacement approved.
3 weeks ago, I received the new boxed Samsung Galaxy Tab S9 256gb, and a few days in of using it, I noticed the same pressure detection error, on the same side of the screen. This time I have it captured in video, both from a camera and screen recording.
I sent it back to customer service in hopes of getting back my money and getting a different android tablet that allows me to draw on the go.
Is there a good tablet that is not the Samsung S9? This pressure error has happened in 2 new devices.
>>
>>7324186
magic drawing pad
although depending on how much money you paid for it, you could also look into the lincstudio s1 that came out recently that's a windows tablet with the same wacom EMR pen they licensed out to samsung, around the $1000 range
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0e7M_AYmF8M
>>
>>7324201
I've considered the XP PEN magic drawing pad. The drawbacks are no tilt detection, ever! Regardless of what pen you're using. And some sort of misalignment of the cursor and the tip of the pen when tilting the pen. For which I've read that there is and update that allows you to calibrate the cursor.
I'll see more into the LincStudio, though 1k seems too steep for me.
I'm a mac detractor, I don't want to buy an Ipad with the pro pen, but Samsung is forcing the issue!.
How come no tech reviwer has encounter my issue???? I'm mad.
>>
>>7324226
Do you actually use any brushes that use tilt?
>>
>>7324236
I've been using a wacom bamboo and wacom intuos for most of my artist life.
When I got the S9, I was ecstatic, sketching was a lot easier with tilt using the graphite-style brushes.
I don't use it a lot for late stage drawings.
Maybe it's a feature that I'll have to let go :(
>>
>>7324071
nah I lay it flat on the table.
>>
>>7324241
If you actually use tilt, I wouldn't go for the mdp. And that's coming from someone that fucking loves the mdp. Did you try a wacom pen with the Samsung before you returned it? To my understanding, pressure sensitivity is in the pen.
I know apple as a whole is a terrible company and I was glad to be out of their ecosystem entirely, but the iPad is a pretty decent drawing tool. It has an issue with wavy diagonals and really should have a matte screen protector to avoid the drawing on glass thing, but I used one for years before replacing it.
>>
>>7324248
the pressure is in the pen so if they replaced that too it shouldn't be happening still, the fact it only happens on one side of the screen also points to something fucky going on with the tablet itself not the pen
>>
>>7324248
I have the Wacom One. The problem is hardware wide, I have no doubts about it, specifically the S9 256gb version, it gets the least attention.
And the rest of the line I found in displays in stores, the S9+, S9 Ultra, and the regular S9 128gb, plus the FE variants, I could not replicate the error. Or, if it is still present in those, I didn't get the time to make triple sure.
As for the Ipad, it still makes me iffy.
>>
>>7324186
Do you happen to be using a case or stand with a magnetic component in that area?
I know my S9's tracking gets absolutely destroyed by the SPen's magnet when attached to the back if I'm using an alternate pen
>>
>>7324252
Unlucky
I think your options are either roll the dice and hope 3rd time's a charm, forgo a feature you use and get an MDP, or give in and buy an iPad
You also have stuff like the kamvas studio 16 or wacom mobilestudio pro, but both are a lot more expensive and honestly not actually that portable.
You could also just buy one used. I actually sometimes prefer used tech just because it's already been tested for a while.
>>
>>7324275
In video the tablet is resting on a 3d printed inclined stand without any case. It happens with or without a case with magnetic flaps (I used a Spigen traveling case, no magnets anywhere near the sector that has the defect)
>>7324277
I might go for the MDP, there is a sale going on, though I'm not sure if there are screen protectors that fits to it, or if they come in matte/paper-like feel.
>>
>>7324294
the MDP's screen is textured to be like paper by default, you wouldn't want to put a screen protector on it
>>
>>7324303
doesn't it scratch away/wears off?
>>
>>7324306
too early to tell but probably not if you use the proper nibs
>>
>>7324186
You just got bad luck.

Discard the chinese shill's rubbish.
>>
>>7324306
No, that's one of the biggest draws to etched glass. A plastic/felt nib won't damage it at all unless you have a bunch of dirt and shit under it.
>>
>>7324294
>I might go for the MDP
Enjoy being scammed.
>there is a sale going on
How dense are you? There's always a fake sale going on. They're not real discounts.
>>
>>7324294
>I might go for the MDP
trust me, don't. i can tell you from experience it's not worth it.
>>
>>7324303
It's also cheaply made and poor quality.
>>
>>7324186
Check out the Galaxy Ultra model instead.
>>
>>7324068
If you care about your spine health you go screenless.
>>
>>7323317
He's a genuine psycho. Shilling his crap tablets in this thread is his life.
>>
>>7324360
if you care about your spine health you learn how to sit properly and use a stand
>>
>>7322893
Why not just use craigslist? Nobody here is going to buy it.
>>
>>7323317
>>7324362
?? I just wanted to know a chinese alternative to intuos pro L, can you guys chill
>>
>>7324365
Digital display tablets don't lend themselves well to drawing on a vertical canvas the same way paper does. You can't even use overhand grip. Tripod grip feels awkward on a vertically aligned tablet.
>>
>>7313802
Loomis is a meme.
Huston is a much better learning resource.
>>
>>7313798
So get an Android.
>>
>>7314190
fuck you
>>
>>7316997
How is this relevant to drawing tablets? Go to >>>/g/bst
>>
>>7317362
Garbage.
>>
>>7318496
>paid sponsorship
>>
>>7324068
In my humble opinion, it's better if you spend the first 3-6 months learning trad. Buying a screen tablet is a big commitment on the outset, and buying a screenless tablet will add another hurdle in the hand-eye disconnect that you really don't need while you're trying to make something you don't totally hate. You can do it, but like I said it's just gonna make your life more difficult when difficulty is what you should be trying to minimize.
>>
>>7324379
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
I dislike smalls, and now even mediums after a few years after finding out you can't really do any large arm motions with a 24/27 inch monitor
>>
>>7324369
ok so don't draw vertically?
>>
new
>>7324340
>>7324340
>>7324340
>>
>>7324383
What do you think the point of a tablet mount is?
>>
>>7324383
Ignore the last 30 posts itt, it's one guy spamming shit he has no idea about because he doesn't draw.
>>
>>7324385
to raise the screen so you don't hunch over it?? i don't even know what you're trying to say anymore, are you saying a display tablet can't draw if it's not laying flat?
>>
>>7324390
retard you rotate the screen on it's pitch so the panel is perpendicular with your line of sight. this combats bad posture but it's suited for overhand grip, which you can't use on digital tablets.
>>
>>7322732
Get a Wacom One instead. They are actually nice little tablets.
>>
>>7324331
>>7324354
Alright, geez! maybe the S9+ or an FE. Though it's track record gnaws my mind a bit.
>>7324324
Bad luck?? More like design flaw if it has happened to me twice, in the same spot no less. At least for the S9 256gb.
>>
>>7324392
tripod works fine on a tilted tablet, you're just coming up with shit to complain about
>>
>>7324394
Ask him to show any proof at all that he's ever used a mdp :)
>>
>>7323520
The paper texture on the MDP is great especially with felt nibs. I tried a paper protector on Samsung and found it was way too rough, but there's a lot of different kinds you can try and to be honest I gave up after one.

>>7322036
Don't think so, although I did buy the pro pen which is pretty good. Only one button works on it though which might just be an android thing.

>>7322075
I think videos gloss over how shitty the jank of the tablet is in normal use. I watched a lot before buying and feel like I wasn't prepared for that. Again though it's a tool first.

Also for anyone reading this - don't get the stupid keyboard. It double enters letters all the fucking time and sucks.
>>
>>7325029
>Don't think so, although I did buy the pro pen which is pretty good. Only one button works on it though which might just be an android thing.
this one?
https://www.xp-pen.com/store/buy/x3-pro-stylus.html

I want to replace the pen that comes with it for something like that. any other issues other than the obvious not being able to store it in the case and the 2nd button (and presumably eraser?) not working?
>>
>>7312814
maybe it's the new ipados update?

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.