[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/int/ - International

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 4351.jpg (165 KB, 1080x995)
165 KB
165 KB JPG
For the sake of this board and everyone in it, I really, really hope you guys were just meme'ing around in the previous thread and I'm just stating the obvious that everyone already knew.
>>
File: SHADE THE SQUARE.jpg (122 KB, 1080x625)
122 KB
122 KB JPG
FUCK YOU I JUST DID THIS
>>
Is this the next /int/ meme, reposted from twitter a thousand times by zoomers?
>>
we wuz mathematicianz and shieeet
>>
btw you and me would have failed this
I have Post Traumatic Stress disorder from low IQ and highly political teachers deciding my future
>>
>>196473073
PhD means very little nowadays, considering that it has degenerated to doing menial jobs at a university, often on behalf of private industry, writing some low-quality paper, usually in groups of 4 to a hundred, and hoping that it gets published in a journal with low circulation. The PhD thesis itself is just a bigger master's thesis and really, I know of a shit ton of doctorated people who let some undergraduate student write the thesis for them.
>>
>>196473073
>I really, really hope you guys were just meme'ing around in the previous thread
I hope so too.
>>
>>196473073
>>196473091
Retard status: detected. Your "squares" are made of discrete triangles. The lines are shaded areas dumbfucks it's a trick question.
>>
>word something in the vaguest way possible
>gee why dont thet get it
this question is either intentionally vague or written by someone way up the spectrum
>>
>>196473152
that has always been the point of degrees, postdoctoral research
>>
>>196473073
To me it sounded like the shaded part needs to be a square too
>>
>>196473564
The point of these gotcha questions is for tryhard preppies to fail them so the teacher can smugly explain why it's impossible.
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (83 KB, 669x532)
83 KB
83 KB JPG
>>196473073
50%
>>
>>196473073
How is the unshaded part also a square
>>
>>196473796
nah thats some stupid double bluff teachers make up to coverup their own retardation
i doubt this is real, but if its real whoever wrote that question definitely has autism
>>
>>196473844
Almost...
Try again.
>>
>>196474625
It can work, you just need to do extra math to measure an appropraite amount to shade
>>
Don't listen to this retard >>196473537
He thinks drawing a shape inside of another shape makes the outer shape no longer exist.
>>
>>196475324
How do you know the diagonal of the inner square is equal to the side length of the outer square? That's the only way to know it's exactly half.
>>
>>196473653
>that has always been the point of degrees, postdoctoral research
No, I'm aware. I'm just disillusioned
>>
>>196473073
the question is ill-phrased and from the point of view of a mathematician it doesn't make sense

that's what the Phd implied
>>
>>196476503
>the question is ill-phrased and from the point of view of a mathematician it doesn't make sense
She's most definitely not a mathematician.
>>
>>196475556
Draw a circle and then a square inside it.
>>
>>196476561
>Dr. Catherine Young, DMD is a Dentistry Practitioner in Newark, DE.
>>
>>196473073
>female "doctor"
And what does she have a PhD in? Emotional intelligence?
>>
>>196478600
Then she should refer to herself as a doctor and not a PhD. These are two completely different qualifications. With a medical degree, you can put people on drugs. With a regular PhD, that's not worth half as much.
>>
>>196475324
Remember it's 4th grade math. If it's not the fastest and easiest answer then your approach is wrong.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.