[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/int/ - International

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1000004416.jpg (46 KB, 555x553)
46 KB
46 KB JPG
Why aren't Vikings as popular As Samurai or knights?
Why it ain't all scandis crack it up to be?
>>
vikings are more popular than knights and samurai tho
>>
Vikings were barbarian savages. Samurai had le heckin code and elegant weapons folder over 1000 times and kino aesthetics
>>
>>196475602
Knights and Samurai did way more things in this world than the Vikings who just ran around a few times and chopped off some heads
>>
Because Vikings were basically just Nord Pirates. The thing is though, the Vikings have done and accomplished far more than any Samurai family via Nautical exploration, trade and hostile takeover.
>>
>>196476044
Den why don't dey make movie or tvshow for dat???????
>>
>>196475996
>Discovering the new world(Newfoundland)
>Iceland and Greenland
>Colonizing the UK and Ireland
>Becoming overlords of the Slavs of Ukraine/Russia
>Striking a deal with the Franks and gaining the kingdom of Normandy(Normans)
>Sicily
>>
>>196475951
Samurai were basically the same savages. Despite having some "heckin code" they had no morals.
>>
>>196476091
They did.
>Valhalla Rising
>The Northman
>Vikings
>The Last Kingdom
>Vinland Sagas

...and many others
>>
>>196476185
>Becoming the personal army of the Byzantine emperors
>>
>>196476185
Nope, they were barely any of em, they were at most vaguely associated with some events
>>
>>196475602
But your pic is from one of the most popular TV series of the recent past.
>>
>>196476226
and what did you xhosa niggas ever do
>>
>>196475951
>Vikings were barbarian savages.
shitskin butthurt lies
>>
>>196475602
Vikings are Reddit tier normie popularity. If you think they're not then I don't think we live on the same planet bro.
>>
>>196476226
Go eat biltong and dont think outloud again.
>>
>>196476261
Hey man, that was a stupid post, but South African blacks are pretty goddamn kino. Be nice to them.
>>
File: 17653432421562.jpg (31 KB, 360x360)
31 KB
31 KB JPG
Cattle die.
Kinsmen will die.
I myself must die too some day.
But I know one thing that will never die: a man's reputation.
>>
Every thread about vikings are made by foreigners accussing us of constantly larping as vikings (I never see scandis do that) and every thread has atleast a 100 guys talking about how much they hate vikings and that theyre overrated bla bla bla - this is why scandis are subhuman. Also, bonus points if the thread is filled with italians that invited themselves in to be as butthurt as humanly possible. Int can't stop repeating itself, everyday the threads are the same with the same outcome.
>>
>>196476547
pissing in an ocean of piss
>>
File: 1713904587390762.jpg (24 KB, 718x398)
24 KB
24 KB JPG
they were white niggers, not much to talk about
>>
File: King_Harald.png (712 KB, 1000x563)
712 KB
712 KB PNG
>>196475996
It's not so much what the Vikings did or didn't do, but the idea of them, that drive their popularity. A Viking is a mere sea raider on the surface, yes, but it's the manner in which he views himself against the world which gives him his timeless appeal. He's more than a warrior, because he doesn't merely fight to survive or to protect something; his drive is his strive for greatness. In the face of death all he cares about is the manner in which he greets it, and the accomplishments he leaves to the world. It's imbued in his religion and worldview. Shit like this speaks to people. It's an archetype, a spirit, that isn't merely about muh aesthetics, but a way of thinking, and about personal power. That's why the Viking goes so well with fantasy and is in fact the basis for many fantasy archetypes. The aesthetics of the Viking don't matter so much as the idea of him.
>>
>>196476973
based and master morality pilled
>>
>>196476973
So basically: live for the validation of others.
>>
>>196476277
Oh right, I forgot all those viking scientists and philosophers
>>
>>196476873
where da mediterranean women at
>>
>>196476873
https://uwm.edu/anthropology/vikings-in-africa/
>The fleet landed in Maurentania (preset-day Morocco) and sacked the city of Nekor over a period of eight days. Multiple written accounts of this event can be found, including from the 10th century historian Ilb al-Qūṭīya and the 13th century historian and geographer Abu Abdullah al-Bakri.
>>
>>196475602
vikings are way more popular than knights or samurai in my country
>>
>>196477764
no one will remember you but your children and your enemies
>>
>>196477764
It's all that matters, after all, how you're remembered. The whole 'live for yourself, others be damned' idea is a new invention.
>>
There's no honour or glory in Vikings.
Knights had chivalry and Samurai had Bushido, but Vikings were just nigger tier raiders.
>>
>>196475602
>why are loser second sons with no estate not revered as actual warrior class citizens?
>also why could they only harass unprotected villages and got their shit pushed in anytime they faced REAL armies and not hastily formed militias?
>why did they let the French pay them to fuck off?

They're fucking welfare queens.
>>
>>196477764
that is the exact opposite of what a viking is. you have to imagine the viking as a landholder with his own fief essentially who meets with his fellow freemen in the Thing to discuss what you could call politics presided over by what you could call a King. that fief is more than a place but the place where his extended family and heir lives, which could be any place where the pater familias presides. this could be a large amount of land or the simple hof he settled. these people became somewhat sedentary, but most germanic people have a nomadic, semi nomadic orientation even with their relation to their home.
going viking, to trade or raid, was an expression of this nomadism, the same goes for the youth initiation where you take part in a raid or trading expedition as a young man with other young men or in the crew of an older man depending on your and local circumstances as a ritual or practical warband. it was also an expression of earning fame and furthering your family means. the pagan germanic people didn't believe like we do solely in the validation of other humans but in the validation of your ancestors and performance to become their equal. that's a metaphysical idea and was central to the ontology and cosmology of non- or pre-Abrahamic faiths in Europe and around the world. there is a literal heaven place you go to and your soul survives your death. Christians, Muslims and Jews don't quite believe in the same thing.
>>
>>196477764
from the Hávamál 76. >>196476362
>>
>>196476277
According to Icelandic chronicles Thorfinn burnt down every town in Scotland
>>
>>196478469
>why did they let the French pay them to fuck off?
The French (Middle Francia) paid them so they could fight the French (West Francia) in peace and both not worry about Viking raids themselves and ensure the French (East Francia) were the ones raided instead. They did not do this last part but at least the French could fight the French in peace.
>>
>>196476277
Those are what other whites call them retard
>>
>>196478715
>whites
Fuck off
>>
>>196478105
>>196478158
Still not sure. I don't think they were fair to other tribes/natives, maybe with exceptions ofcourse. Fair game to others humans weren't what they were known for. Maybe within themselves.

>>196478549
This paints a more accurate picture I.M.H.O. (it stands for "In My Honest Opinion")
>>
>>196478094
More than yeniçeris?

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.