[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/int/ - International

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

What a stupid idea for a country
>>
>>196498502
it wasn't an idea. it was just a series of lands the habsburgs acquired over 500 years of intermarriage and conquest
>>
very few multi-ethnic countries have been successful throughout the history.
Austria was one of them.
>>
>>196498502
it wasn't a country it was an evil empire built by inbreds, thankfully the brave heroes of Italy rid the world of such scum
>>
I still cannot believe the Germans chose their alliance with them over the one they had with Russia
>>
File: 1683345338616814.png (501 KB, 1106x830)
501 KB
501 KB PNG
Why do Austria-Hungaryboos exist, of all the empires in history to admire you pick one of the biggest failures of all time
>>
>>196499039
They don't exist
>>
>>196499039
I do admire their ability to endure, hundreds of years of being slapped around the continent and they kept coming back asking for more
>>
>>196499039
It was a nice multiethnic tolerant empire, with enlightened leaders. schooling all the way to university was done in local languages. it only went downhill from like 1850 onwards, when austria switched from being mainly allied with russia and started being allied with the retarded german empire.
>>
>>196499188
Literally every Poole here is a Habsburg cocksucker
>>
>>196499039
austriahungaryboos have sex, unlike incels who have Koniggratzer Marsch on their Spotify playlist
>>
>>196499039
it's only the balkanoids who want to be ruled by germans and the ones who are delusional enough to think they're austrians
>>
>>196498502
Austria-Hungary was actually quite functional. It had a pretty large industry, well developed infrastructure, decently high standard of living. Its economy wasn’t really robust enough to survive ww1 and the age of nationalism definitely hurt it though.
>>
>>196499981
No? From where did you even get that idea. We're still butthurt at them, just slightly less
>>
Imagine thinking that Serbs could be civilized kek
>>
>>196500100
Many of you write that here, that’s where I got that idea
>>
>>196500069
It's not about that at all, Yugoslavia and communism were simply a step backwards in civilization.
>>
>>196500156
because you ruled yourself yes. Balkanoids fare well only under German or Italian control
>>
We really used to wuz kangz
>>
Galicia was getting no development compared to the rest of the empire
>>
It made more sense when it was the Austrian Empire
>>
>>196499039
South germans are based
>>
File: Map_poland_lithuania_2.png (317 KB, 360x412)
317 KB
317 KB PNG
>>196498502
The butthurt empire was even more embarrassing
>>
>>196500266
Incorrectly, the Serbs (the first Yugoslavia) and the communists (the second Yugoslavia) were in question. A daily reminder that Italians are subhumanoid dark-skinned scum and a race of poisoners and murderers. On the other hand, there is no mafia in Croatia. It's a nice feeling to be a tall, white European, but you'll never know it.
>>
>>196500817
beyond delusional
>>
>>196500153
They're zainichi ukrainians saar
>>
>>196499039
It was basically a proto-EU. Reading about it you'll find how stunned a lot of former Austro-Hungarians were to find themselves a divided country. They thought for a long time there was unity and brotherhood, deluding themselves with globalism.
>>
>>196500847
I'm afraid you can't handle the truth.
>>
>>196499039
>>196499188
I'm 100% pure Austrian-Hungarian. Every single one of my ancestors arrived to ellis Island from there between 1912-1914
>>
>>196498502
The political setup was compromised from the start and it ensured a political gridlock down the line. It should have been a personal union or just an economic/military alliance instead of trying to turn it into a real union and everybody would have been better off.
>>
>>196498617
shit take
almost every historically successful country was multi-ethnic, in fact, it is a sign of their success that they were able to expand into foreign lands
monoethnic countries are a recent invention
>>
>>196500817
Meanwhile, austrians value italians and italy way more than our country
>>
>>196500817
>MUH SERBS! MUH COMMUNISTS!
Croats really are pathetic
>>
>>196500817
>tall, white European
What does that have to do with anyone in the Balkans?
>>
>>196500817
You realise everything your "country" has to offer was built by Italians right?
>>
>>196502055
Who cares?
>>196503928
We are not in balkans bro
>>196504270
No. You fell for the meme, Croatian architects did not only build in Croatia, but also in Italy. Croatian aristocracy lived in the Dalmatian cities and if a Croatian count invites an Italian to design a villa for him... then it miraculously becomes Italian cultural heritage? By that logic, Petrograd is a Russian city and Paris is a German city.
>>
>>196505171
You Will Always Be A Balkanoid (YWABAB).
>>
>>196505171
>croatian architects
>croatian aristocracy
>croatian count
lmoa
>>
>>196499039
It was pure SOVL
>>
>>196505171
>meme
You are delusional. You literally stole half your land from Italians.
>>
>>196500747
Rent free

https://youtu.be/lbDQL8o3Ne8
https://youtu.be/ZK172vkjsms
>>
>>196505470
Croatia has always been a Western Catholic country, the Balkans = Cyrillic, Islam, Orthodoxy.
>>196505786
The founders of Croatian literature were Croatian aristocrats from Split (Marko Marulic), Zadar (Petar Zoranic) and Hvar (Petar Hektorovic). Here you have an incomplete list of Croatian aristocratic families. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_noble_families_of_Croatia
I know that you are probably taught in schools that Croats are serfs or a low race, but that is only your problem, which can only end with you at the bottom of the pit, just like in WW2.
>>196505926
Serboid detected. Kys.
>>
>>196500747
the good ending of Eastern Europe is Austria-Hungary-Poland-Lithuania
>>
>>196506211
So basically INTERMARIVM (VGH)?
>>
File: Rabacja_galicyjska.jpg (1.31 MB, 2079x1673)
1.31 MB
1.31 MB JPG
>>196499039
because it was KINO and manages to satisfy
>traditionalists because muh monarchy and catholicism
>progressivists because muh tolerance
>bloodthirsty communists because pic rel
>nobility boot-lickers because aesthetics
it was also generally a decent place to be a citizen of and my family literally lives on Habsburg Street
>>
>>196506311
Yes but under German leadership
>>
>>196506111
>the Serb boogieman
Need me to protect you from them like in the 90s?
>>
>>196506111
>croatian literature
oh no no no
>>
the Habsburg monarchy should've gone the way of the dodo in 1848
>>
>>196498502
Literallly the longest lasting country in Europe without a government change i can think of, kept muzzies out of Europe, kept france from gaining hegemony over europe, even in its dualist era, the monarchy was still making gradual progress. It makes Liberals, commies, and nationalists (including geater germans) aswell italians seethe because if its existance, and because it was successful
>>
>>196505171
>We are not in balkans
delusional
>>
>>196506639
It made Italians seethe because you were an occupier that threw people in jail
>>
>>196506384
Germany did not protect Croatia in the 90s, we won our war alone.
>>196506390
Look, I don't care. In your arrogance, you can believe whatever you want, but by doing so, you are showing ignorance, which means that you are embarrassing yourself without even realizing it. That makes you a person on the level of a nigger. I don't care what you think, I don't need your confirmation. What I know is that you will never, and not even then, occupy the Croatian coast. How does that make you feel?
>>
>>196506770
the fact that Croatia, a small country built on tourism, owes everything to us? Quite proud
>>
>>196506644
The claim that Croatia is a Balkan country is as retarded as saying that Russians are actually Mongols. The Balkans is not a peninsula, but a geopolitical term that arose only in the 19th century and denoted countries under Turkish occupation. The Balkans actually means: Islam, Orthodoxy, Cyrillic, huge gypsy population, poverty, crime, unfinished states, stray dogs, garbage in rivers, bad roads. There is none of that in Croatia.
>>
>>196506905
bro please, balkans are Romania + Albanoids + Bulgaria + Yugos. it's not about quality of roads
>>
>>196506846
Once again: if a Croatian aristocrat asks an Italian architect to build him a palace, the Italian is the one who is in a subordinate position because he is actually a dirty poor paid by a rich Croat. Croat = rich count of noble blood; Italian = poor brown manlet worker.
>>
>>196499961
It would have lasted more if they accepted the "trinational" idea and gave Slavs the same status as Austrians and Hungarians.
>>
>>196499961
Btw nowadays in Slovenia how do you feel towards Austria and Germany?
>>
>>196507024
Well, it's not just the quality of the road, I just listed some things. Croatia has literally nothing in common with Romania or Albania, completely different countries. It's like me saying that Poland and Georgia are actually in the same region. It just doesn't make any sense.
>>
>>196498502
It was kino, but sadly just like all great things it had to come to an end
>>196507183
>Austria
Love them, we look up to them and they are a constant point of reference to compare Slovenia and our shortcomings to
>Germany
Neutral, people are in general grateful they backed us up politically during the 90s, but besides that we don't really think much about them
>>
>>196507057
>Croatian aristocrat
no such thing
>>
>>196507203
we have nothing in common with estonia, but we are in some strange north-central-eastern europe region with them. (and claiming you are completely different from serbia is funny)
>>
>>196507274
Is it true that almost all Slovenians now learn German in school as 3rd language?
And instead how about Italian? Is it offered as L3 in schools across the country? What percentage of Slovenians can speak it?
How is Italy viewed nowadays?
>>
>>196507455
>Is it true that almost all Slovenians now learn German in school as 3rd language?
Yes
>And instead how about Italian? Is it offered as L3 in schools across the country? What percentage of Slovenians can speak it?
Most schools offer Italian (sometimes also French) as an optional course instead of taking German. I can't tell you about percentage, but I can tell you who takes Italian over German. Girls, almost exclusively while boys take German.
Some schools have German as mandatory and then you can take another language class like Italian on top of that for extra points
>How is Italy viewed nowadays?
Positively, but we don't really hear much about what's going on in Italy. Most of the news on Italy are focused on either big political events or just stuff involving the Slovene minority over there
>>
>>196499039
when loving the Second Reich ain't as special snowflake anymore
>>
>>196507361
Cry more faggot
>>
File: 'history.jpg (87 KB, 680x960)
87 KB
87 KB JPG
Least delusional croratoid cope in this very thread KEK!
>>
>>196508508
Cope and seethe culturlet
>>
>>196507438
Nobody even thinks that Estonia is in the same region as Poland. You have a historical connection with Lithuania. As for Croatia and Serbia, they are two diametrically opposed countries in literally everything. Not to explain too much, just looking at the map should give you the answer. Croatia has a sea, Serbia does not. You cannot expect people from the sea to have a similar mentality to people from the continent. Even within Croatia itself there are huge differences in mentality, let alone Serbia. As I said, the other Balkan countries are complete strangers to Croatia, with whom it has no common history, religion, culture, or even time zone. Our natural surroundings are Hungary, the Czech Republic, Slovenia, Slovakia, Austria and for southern Croats it is Italy.
>>
>>196498502
Why are them hungry
>>
>>196508639
The most retarded meme ever. In the monarchy, only 3 nations had a parliament, a government, and a passport, and those are, of course, the Austrians, the Hungarians and us. At the same time, you were Turkish sex slaves for 500 years.
>>196508720
Croatian culture flourished precisely in the Dalmatian cities and I can name you 100 famous Croatian writers, poets, architects and professors who worked in Italy, but not a single Italian. Zero. There's none.
>>
>>196509147
please do
>>
>>196509147
>100 famous Croatian writers, poets, architects and professors who worked in Italy, but not a single Italian. Zero.

Where do people like this even come from? Oh yeah, Croatia
>>
>>196498502
1867 was a mistake
>>
>>196509296
Literally fucking Venice and Milan are considered art and fashion capitals of the world. Italian composers and opera singers to this day are world renowned. Like what the fuck is this guy even talking about. Not even going to mention Leonardo fucking Da Vinci? Seriously how is someone this stupid.

What does Croatia have? Some fucking cartoonists? A false claim to Tesla. Fucking Croats man. Posts here usually don't upset me but this is probably just the most ignorant thing I've read here in months.
>>
>>196498502
it was kino given form, shame the hungarians had to ruin it with their uppityness
>>
>>196500817
>
>>
My favourite Croatian fact is that their hero, Josip Jelačić, became a hero by denouncing the Hungarians for not sucking Hapsburg dick, before pledging that he himself would suck Hapsburg dick but only just a little.
This phenomenon seems to reveal a lot about the Hrvat national psychology.
>>
>>196499039
Austria-Hungary should have extended until it became what the EU is today.
>>
>Croatia is not Balk-
BPATE...
>>
>>196509147
>>196509289
Well?
>>
>>196510677
Looks very different from Romanian or Bulgarian, though.
>>
>>196500747
tbqh you cannot compare poland lithuania with AH. AH was literally the most important or among the most important country in the world for the entire period of its existence
>>
>>196514104
PLC was a regional power for centuries.
A-H was a Prussian satellite that lasted 51 years
>>
>>196499039
it just werks.
(before eternal german fucking up everything)
>>
>>196514226
mm sorry I should have said the Austrian Empire.
>>
File: 1630948693520.jpg (17 KB, 414x477)
17 KB
17 KB JPG
>>196499039
because they dared to dream
>>
>>196514312
it was mid even during the XVIII century, prussia bullied them constantly, they got lucky against napoleon by having top tier allies and have been coasting on the treaty of Vienna ever since. It surviving for so long was more impressive
>>
File: file.png (884 KB, 512x768)
884 KB
884 KB PNG
>>196510677
>Knin
We lost that part of Croatia forever when it fell under Ottomans
It doesn't matter how many people call themselves Orthodox or Catholic, culturally they are Serbian now
Pic rel also Croatian
>>
>>196508868
>As for Croatia and Serbia, they are two diametrically opposed countries in literally everything.
lmao
>>
>>196499039
The Hapsburg Monarchy was one of the most successful European polities of the last few hundred years, retard.
>>
File: 1691888138077293.png (182 KB, 2508x1522)
182 KB
182 KB PNG
The country was never going to work because the Hungarians undermined every Austrian plan of integration. The eastern part of the country had full-on segregation and harsh ethnic laws which made everyone mad and the Austrians were not willing to reign the faggot Hungarians in.
>>
>>196517324
Why'd you delete your post, autist?
>>
>>196517509
it was excessively offensive and provocative which I apologize for
it's not like im changing my mind tho
>>
>>196517552
You weren't making an argument anyway.
Hungarians went against any integration and enforced ethnic discrimination at every level of society.
There's a reason why everyone claimed independence as soon as they could, and it wasn't because they just had it so good under the AH utopia.
>>
>>196517687
>Hungarians went against any integration
Not true. Integration was encouraged and very easy if only you adopted Hungarian language and culture as your own. There was totally no discrimination based on ethnic/racial grounds and tons of Hungarian patriots with clearly Slavic/Romanian surnames prove that.

You can talk about "cultural/linguistic discrimination" but surely not "ethnic" one.
>>
>>196517764
>if you denied your heritage and adopted a hungarian identity, you wouldn't be discriminated against
Ok? Are you also gonna tell me how the Orthodox Church was tolerated too cause they could identify as Catholic whenever they wanted?
>>
>>196499039
Invented the modern philarmonic concert
Invented the cafe culture
Invented the Howls moving castle aesthetic

Whats not to love
>>
>>196517834
obviously the Orthodox church wasn't part of the Hungariandom so it was seen as something culturally foreign. You could have converted to Greek Catholic church to have literally everything like in the orthodox church but also acceptable by Hungarian culture.
>>
>>196517946
I don't care what the Hungarians deem acceptable. Fuck Hungarians and fuck the AH kingdom.
>>
>>196517981
okay, i understand your personal butthurt but at least don't spread misinformation about Hungary on a public forum.
>>
>>196518028
There was 0 misinformation in any of my posts.
>>
imagine if Austria reunited Germany instead of Pr*ssia...what a beautiful Europe we'd have now...
>>
>>196518062
you said
> The eastern part of the country had full-on segregation and harsh ethnic laws
and
>Hungarians went against any integration and enforced ethnic discrimination at every level of society.
which is totally wrong
>>
>>196509389
Retardinho, you have problems understanding what is being said. I did not claim that Italians have no culture, but that there were no famous Italian writers, sculptors and architects in the Croatian cities under the occupation of Venice. Which automatically invalidates the claim that Italians in Croatian cities were the artistic and intellectual elite. How is this possible if these were cities inhabited by Italians, while according to that narrative, Croats are illiterate, dirty barbarians and peasants. Do you understand now?
>>
>>196518212
It's not wrong. They forced magyarization on ethnic minorities and in our case, the ethnic majority.
>>
>>196518512
once again, imposing someone's culture/language doesn't mean "harsh ethnic laws" or "ethnic discrimination" but strictly cultural one
It's necessary to distinguish that because you imply that Hungarians were racists while it's not true. Everyone could become a Hungarian, even a Gypsy, if only he adopted the language and culture.
>>
>>196518612
It is still ethnic discrimination. You are demanding people to deny their own heritage and convert to your identity.
>>
>>196518711
>It is still ethnic discrimination
It is not. No one calls it "ethnic discrimination" when an immigrant from Turkey is expected to speak German in Germany.
>>
>>196518772
You're being disingenuous. The Hungarians didn't just demand that you know the language, they demanded that you identify as Hungarian and covert to Catholicism.
>>
>>196516622
and they fucked it up big time, multiple times in the annexation of Bosnia and World War I
>>
>>196518810
>and covert to Catholicism.
like 30% of Hungarians weren't even catholics. Also, once again, that's why the Greek Catholic church was created, to facilitate cultural transition.
>>
>>196518894
Should I understand from this that you are also completely fine with the Russification and Germanization efforts that occurred in Poland when your country was conquered?
>>
>>196518922
I am not fine with it, but it wasn't discrimination on ethnic grounds either and no one calls it like that.
I don't even want to mention how different it is from your situation since Vlachs were late immigrants to already long established Hungarian kingdom, unlike Poles who were always in their own land, just temporarily occupied by foreign forces.
>>
>>196519009
Ah, historical revisionism. The eternal argument of magyarboos.
>>
>>196519060
how is that revisionism? You came from Albania/Serbia, it's just a fact.
>>
>>196519134
A meme invented by modern Hungarian nationalists.
Gesta Hungarorum, a medieval Hungarian book states Vlachs predated the Magyars in the Carpathian basin.
Plenty of other sources date the presence of vlachs in at least 1000 AD, for example The Russian Primary Chronicle, which by the way also talks about the conflict between vlachs and Polianians who migrated north and ended up creating Poland after a few centuries.
>>
>>196519480
>The Russian Primary Chronicle, which by the way also talks about the conflict between vlachs and Polianians who migrated north and ended up creating Poland after a few centuries.
East Slavic Polans and Polish Polans are two different tribes
>Gesta Hungarorum, a medieval Hungarian book states Vlachs predated the Magyars in the Carpathian basin.
But we actually debate existence of Romanians in the Carpathians, not in the basin itself. In the basin they assimilated perfectly into Hungarians, if they ever existed there.
>>
>>196519642
Not according to the Chronicle that stated you migrated to the Vistula as a result of a conflict with vlachs further south. It might be half a myth, but it at least attests the existence of vlachs at the time.
>in the Carpathians, not in the basin itself.
What the fuck does this mean?
>>
>>196519837
>What the fuck does this mean?
Vlachs who lived in the mountains were a different kind of people than these living in the plains
>>
>>196520134
That's a nice headcanon, but unfortunately it has 0 historical value.
Glad you now agree vlachs were in the carpathian basin, though.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.