[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/int/ - International

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: language tier.png (278 KB, 950x740)
278 KB
278 KB PNG
>>
>>199169948
Why are you angry? I think Spanish is one of the most beautiful languages in the world.
>>
>>199169925
Chinese can be fine in a few very specific scenarios and I think Russian is cool.
>>
>>199169925
I will simp for Japan whenever necessary
>>
>>199169925
I can’t post an image but Spanish sounds like shit. Iberian languages all sound disgusting.
>>
>>199170107
Portuguese is by far the worst
>>
>>199170067
mandarin doesn't sound bad, it's cantonese that has the ching chong cadence that's grating, and that's where traditionally a lot of immigrants come from like hong kong or guangzhou so where hear it more.
>>
>>199169925
Why do you have a preference for romance languages? Is it because their consonants are usually followed by vowels like Japanese?
>>
>>199169925
> brazil
> portugal
> a tier
bao wao chao woaw boaw
>>
>>199170139
Yes it is but Spanish still sounds gross. Iberian Spanish sounds more disgusting than Mexican Spanish primarily because it sounds like they’re speaking with a burned tongue. Can’t take that stupid language seriously.
>>
>>199170139
>>199170189
I see my good sirs acted quick this thread to get their posts on top unlike the last one
>>
>>199170174
Romance languages are so beautiful and cool. I sometimes listen to Spanish or Portuguese songs and they are really great. And it's easy for Japanese to pronounce.
>>
>>199169925
Switch Korean and Japanese. Reminder that kpop is more popular than jpop because the Korean language sounds much more nicer to the ear than the sound of clunky Japanese, ie phonetically Korean sounds rounder, elegant and it has more vowels.

This was ADMITTED in an interview by a big time Jpop idol, Sakura Miyawaki. She talks about how the Korean language is more rhythmical and sounds more varied than Japanese. She said learning and speaking/singing Korean made her more musical!

Indeed, japanese is based on simple rigid vowels while Korean is more complex with at least seven vowels and even a diphthong, also known as a gliding vowel.

The Korean language fits better with music:
https://youtu.be/TFlpgLBuxWA
https://youtu.be/lECWjhAEly0
>>
>>199169925
no, hebrew isn't as harsh as other middleeastern languages, russian is quite nice especially when spoken by women, and all SEA languages should be at the bottom
>>
>>199170234
https://www.elle.com/jp/culture/music-art-book/g34365065/izone-sakura-miyawaki-interview-201021/

>この10年間のポップ・ミュージックのもっとも大きな進化のひとつは、ラップの影響もあって、北米を中心にヴォーカル・メロディのヴァリエーションが格段に増えたことなんですね。韓国語で歌うK-POPもそこに少なからず寄与している部分もあって。ただ、宮脇さんとしては、韓国語で歌う時、日本語で歌う時、それぞれどんな違いを感じますか?

今回の曲作りで気付いたのは、韓国語の発音の方が日本語よりリズムを刻みやすいこと。「Yummy Summer」ってもともと韓国版アルバム用に作った曲だったので、韓国語だったんですけど、それに日本語をつけた時に、急に失速感が出てしまい、「あれっ、こんな曲だったっけ?」みたいになっちゃったところがあって。「FIESTA」の日本語版歌詞も今回、書かせていただいたんですけど、リズムがなくならないようにするっていうのを一番気にしています。韓国語には破裂音だったり、「パッチム」(子音と母音の組み合わせの下に書く子音の事)って言って英語でしか発音できないような言葉、日本語にはない音がいっぱいあるので、そこがすごく作詞した上でも、あとは歌っている上でも、難しいところで。だから、みなさんもK-POPを聞いていると音がいっぱいあるように感じるんだと思います。
>韓国語の習得という経験は、いろんな曲の仕組みや成り立ちを聞き分ける練習にも繋がったんじゃないですか? 曲のリズムの組み立てとか、ビートに対してメロディーのフローがどんな風に組み合わさってるのかとか、という部分で。
>>
>>199169925
Saar
>>
>>199170193
I also hate Spanish, but I do wonder how much my hatred of Spanish comes from association. If I had never been exposed to the vast swaths of bean planets who are illegally immigrated to my country from Mexico, I wonder if my opinion of Spanish would be all together very different and maybe even positive. I suspect this may be the case particularly because I do like Italian, which is said to be similar enough that large parts of the languages are interchangeable, to the degree that Spanish and Italian people can more or less speak each other's language or at least understand it intuitively
>>
>>199170266
Then again, the different accents Americans have from South to east and west are all technically exactly the same mechanially, and just have a different pronunciation and affect. So I suppose it makes sense that even though two languages may be very similar, the minor inflections present in one might make it more appealing than the other
>>
>>199170266
I don’t like the sound of Italian ie tuscan, or its related italic languages. They don’t sound good to me and they sound way different from classical Latin to me. I think Friulan, Ladin and Romansh are the only good sounding Italic language and it’s because they sound similar to what people think classic Latin was spoken. I think Piedmontese, emilian and Lombard also sound decent because they sound less Italian.
>>
>>199169925
No, english is best language ever created, it has also the highest information rate but that's really besides the point
>>
>>199170067
t. kacap
russniggerish sounds like puke
>>
>>199170408
absolute truth
it combiners simple g*rmanic grammar with rich latin vocabulary
everything else is a cope
>>
>>199170393
You apparently have a far more in depth knowledge of different Italian dialects than I do, I just like the language in general. Which one do you think sounds most like Spanish?
>>
>>199170408
That study was highly flawed and only examined seven languages. The initial text that the researchers used was in English which gave it a strong advantage, while the other text were based on poor and literal translations that foreign speakers had to read out loud.
>>
>>199170232
>>199170174
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glossary_of_Japanese_words_of_Portuguese_origin
Ignorantes de merda
>>
>>199170515
Also the study was restricted to reading a set sample text. It can't really tell us much about information-conveying strategies employed by native speakers under normal conversational conditions. And the one thing it might cue us into is that speech rates might differ depending on information conveyance rates.

For instance, French writing is very different from French speaking, additionally reading French is much slower than spoken conversation. German on the other hand has the capacity to be very efficient (pull words together) but that is usually not used in casual conversation. So depending on the quality of the translator and whether or not the translator was e.g. trying to keep rhethorical figures/expressions, be easily understandable or precise (rather than short) makes a big difference.
>>
>>199170491
Ligurian. Also Catalan and Valencian are grouped as Gallo-Romance with Occitan but Catalan and Valencian hardly sounds similar to Occitan to my hears, sounds just like Spanish while Occitan sound nice, actually sounds like French combined with how classical Latin might have sounded like. Similar to Friulan but more French.
>>
>>199169925
Some throat speaking hyperborean clearly made that chart
>>
>>199169925
Ukranian is quite literally an outback/village tier dialect of russian. This seems more like your personal political preference list rather than a language tier list. Irregardless, all asian languages should probably be closer to bottom, with japanese rating above other asians, but in no way superior to the latin based ones.
>>
>>199169925
Russian is gigachad tier
>>
>>199170435
man polish sounds like a sarm of flies that talk in high pinched russian....bzzz
>>
>>199169925
>no distinction for rioplatense spanish
Fuck you jap >:c
>>
>>199169925
Not even remotely, as this list is clearly influenced by butthurt.
>>
>>199171409
when are you going back vatnik?
>>
File: 826.png (34 KB, 600x800)
34 KB
34 KB PNG
My country didn't even make the list but luxembourg did
>>
>>199169925
Is NZ for Maori and Canada for the Indigenous there?
Also we aren't on the list so I don't know what to think of that. If it's accents then you are missing the USA as well.
>>
>>199169925
I like Arabic when spoken by women only
>>
>>199173195
same
it's over
>>
>>199169925
Gook language sounds verbal vomit. It literally sounds like, Guk Kim Chongook Kimchi Nida
>>
>>199173349
I think Japanese sounds nice
>>
>>199173367
>>199173349
Oh wait I just realized you weren't being self deprecating and you meant korean
>>
File: 1695951185441783.png (227 KB, 680x680)
227 KB
227 KB PNG
>>199169925
>D tier along with other SEAmonke frens
owari da
>>
>>199169925
>Language :|
>Language, Japan :0
>>
You will never have Kurils, Takeshi

Never
>>
>>199169925
Yes I aggrege. its Objective and correct.
>>
>>199169925
Ah yes, Canadian, New Zealandish, Swiss, and Brazilian, my favorite languages.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.