[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/int/ - International

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Say something nice about Suriname.
Please.
>>
wonen minder negers dan ik dacht
>>
>>199187078
Leuke feit: Er zijn meer marokkanen en turken in Nederland dan de Surinaamse populatie in het geheel
>>
No, it's full of saars.
>>
>>199187017
Their women were made for my BWC
>>
>>199187763
Saariname
>>
>>199187017
legitemately rarest flag to see here aside totalitarian states
>>
>>199187017
we could be one giga-suriname if you weren't such a greedy autistic swamp jew
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soetardjo_Petition
>>
>>199187017
Their name sounds kinda interesting.
I recently read about Maria Sibylla Merian and that was neat.
>>
>>199187763
>brown people making fun of other brown people
lol
>>
I think they should own Guyana and Cayenne
>>
>>199188008
Beats being a Saar, you jeet.
>>
>>199188052
uma delicia....
>>
>>199188008
Brown people do nothing but that.
>>
>>199188353
Like you do? You're not fooling anyone Abdoul.
>>
>>199188380
Neither are you ranjeet.
>>
>>199188774
>Finngoloid telling me who is and isn't native to Europe
Your kind doesn't belong there either.
>>
>>199187017
Tropical Canada
>>
>>199187017
whats it like living there? is it really that bad, seems kinda chill but also like a massive shithole
>>
>>199187017
Why are so many Indians there? Is it like that in Aruba, Bonaire, Curacao as well
>>
>>199187017

I used to work in a warehouse and one day I got an order to be sent to Suriname. I was very happy and it tickled my geography autism. I picked the very best product that I could find, wrapped it very carefully and when the pallet was all together, I drew an outline of the country's border and put a smiley face in the middle. I hope they liked their buckets.
>>
I like their food
>>
>>199187017
Good food
>>
why do I never hear anything about Dutch people as colonial masters? I often hear new worlders praising/complaining about Anglos/French/Spanish/Portuguese etc but never anything about the Dutch. What were they like to their subjects? Did they at least attempt to civilize the lands they owned like the Spanish or just mercilessly exploited them like Anglos?
>>
>>199192509
We spent a long time just focusing on trade. The early Dutch empire was mostly made up of trading posts rather than outright colonies such as those of the Brits and French, and it stayed that way for a long time. We also didn't feel interested in civlizing anyone because we weren't as focused on proselytizing like the Spanish and Portugese. This is why the Dutch were the only ones allowed to trade in Japan, unlike all other Euro powers.
It did turn into colonialism later on and there have been some controversies throughout the years. But overal it wasn't so bad and we don't get much hate about it.
>>
>>199192831
Imagine if you catholicized Indonesia, it could've been another Philippines by now!
>>
>>199188380
>>199189042
more like Singapoor lmao
>>
>>199192926
why would they catholicize anything if they're protestants?
>>
>>199193682
Ok Abdoul. Leave the joke to the comedians. Only thing you're good at is being a leech to actual Netherlanders
>>
>>199187763
There's nothing wrong with that

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.