[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/int/ - International

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Yes in my cunt, be it college entrances and government jobs.
>>
File: neetexam.jpg (33 KB, 1200x700)
33 KB
33 KB JPG
I heard that the NEET exam is very competitive in India
>>
>>199195038
yes it is. It's a medical entrance exam with unlimited attempts I think
>>
We don't have entrance exams.
>>
>>199195137
gre?
>>
>>199195137
SAT, MCAT, LSAT, DAT, PCAT, etc. are all similar, although they are considered only one component for college admissions
>>
>>199195235
they're also kind of easy aren't they?
>>
>>199194455
if you want to get enrolled into a good uni then it is moderately competitive but still nothing special, i easily got into the best uni in the country with ~80% on my final exam. But here we have so many shitty diploma mills + very few young people nowadays overall so even if you end up with 30% you will surely find a place to study, unis literally beg students to choose them because they'd go bankrupt otherwise.
>>
>>199195283
Yes they make them easy on purpose and instead select students based on "experience" and shit
>>
>>199194455
is it true that every Indian wants to work in civil service and it is considered the most prestigious job, way more than IT or finances, so if you are employed in some low-tier local ministry of fishing in Kerala your position in the dating market is still much higher than of a CEO of a global IT corporation?
>>
>>199195371
I thought your unis were heavily subsidised by the governement. Also, y is that your cunt always amazes the software industry with top notch coders & artists? How were things b4 1991?
>>
The entrance exams are easy as fuck. Medfags are the only ones who suffer, mostly because the number of slots available is ridiculously low and then they also have to take another standardized test in order to graduate.
>>
>>199195510
>I thought your unis were heavily subsidised by the governement
yes, they are, but the subsidies are based on the number of students so if they don't have enough students they just disappear
>How were things b4 1991?
uhh, i guess we didn't have much software industry before 1991 bro...
>>
>>199195480
>is it true that every Indian wants to work in civil service
>prestige over IT or finance
shit no. This is only true in the so called BIMARU states(Bihar, madhya pradesh to a less extent, Rajasthan and Uttar Pradesh)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5OrItRpioNg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T3uG8cXDNKw
Also, even the people of BIMAPOO states are increasingly looking for le foreign job and the the situation is changing.
>>
>>199195657
>uhh, i guess we didn't have much software industry before 1991 bro
you did have other areas in STEM to work on
>>199195388
was it always this way or were the standards lowered, assuming they were lowered that is, only in the 2000s?
>>
>>199195235
Yes, they're tests, but that's where the similarities end. OP's question of "competitiveness" doesn't even apply to them because you're not competing with anyone on the exam.
>>
>>199195734
is it because Indians are such patriots so they see service for their country as the greatest merit or simply because civil servants are just expected to earn a lot of money in corruption schemes?
>>
>>199195828
>you did have other areas in STEM to work on
well, communist countries traditionally put a lot of focus on STEMs but sadly it didn't translate to actual living standards or job opportunities much due to the inherent inefficiency of the communist economy and the main communist principle that everyone should be equal so no one should earn too much more than everyone else, which discourages people from taking a serious effort to improve their education and skills.
>>
File: 12th fail.jpg (392 KB, 1500x1973)
392 KB
392 KB JPG
>>199195862
Both, but more so for power & mega bribes. Even honest civil servants join the service because it gives them a massive boost in matrimonial market across the country but way more so in the BIMAPOO states, which btw are the economically underperforming states in our cunt. Bihar pre 1991 liberalization was literally known as 'jungle raj'. pic rel was a movie that was released last year about this upsc exam.
>>
>>199196117
i get that, I also work in public administration and I prefer that much more than private business. Though corruption isn't a thing here still I like the fact that despite a relatively lower salary I get more stability and everything is more chill, there is no pressure and stress
>>
>>199196319
but entry to govt jobs in your cunt aren't as competitive as those in India right, especially after the war in ukraine and global recession?
>>
>>199196415
>but entry to govt jobs in your cunt aren't as competitive as those in India right
yeah, generally it's an unwanted type of jobs because most young people are money-oriented and as i said, salaries in public administration are lower than in the free market, so civil service here generally suffers from shortage of candidates. When I applied for my position, there was only one person more competing with me (fun fact, this person got the job in the next draft when she was already the only candidate kek)
>especially after the war in ukraine
actually there are even talks to facilitate the rules for joining the civil service so Ukrainian citizens could apply for them, due to said shortage
>>
>>199194455
No, we let the most corrupt and retarded scum into government jobs
>>
>>199196572
How are ambassadors/commissioners/secretaries to represent your country in other countries selected?
>>
>>199196622
explain how it works burger bro. How does recruitment work for administrative like roles in IRS, defense, civil accounts, railways, fisheries & forests, Police force, etc.?
>>
>>199196684
afaik ambassadors themselves are just political positions so it depends on your connection with the current ruling party (of course you should have diplomatic skills too but at the end the decision is political in nature) while the lower-level staff is just selected in open competition
>>
>>199194455
That just reflects poorly on the Indian education system, that they’re unable to prepare their students for such exams.
>>
>>199196793
>afaik ambassadors themselves are just political positions
wouldn't that mean a constant reshuffling of 180 ambassadors after each election cycle? These roles in india are exclusively reserved for IFS(indian foreign service) officers, who btw need to be in the top 100 on average in the UPSC exam to join the IFS, and get to be ambassadors after promotions. It also takes time to get to know a particular country you're stationed in so it's perhaps best to not constantly change it
>>
>>199196838
the seats in universities or job vacancies in the government are limited nigga. there have been times in the past where there was 0 vacancy for lower level govt jobs, often called group B or group C services.
>>
>>199197071
Then that’s the fault of the Indian government, no wonder so many Indians move abroad.
>>
>>199197220
there simply is no need to have so much government employees, who btw have a reputation of being lazy & corrupt

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.