[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/int/ - International

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: van life burger.webm (3.65 MB, 606x1080)
3.65 MB
3.65 MB WEBM
Have you ever tried van life in your country? Have you ever thought about it? I really want to try it, but I only have 2,000 dollars to my name, and that's not including the 2,000 dollar gaming PC. I've got a contract for a job this year, and that'll get me almost 30,000 after taxes. My dad also owes me about 1,000 dollars. I'm thinking my plan is to in a year buy a cheap van for ab out 16,000 then trick it out with all I need to live day-to-day, and save the rest up for gas and other expenses, and travel to all 50 states (I've only got 1 down, 49 to go). Of course I'd love to get a Mercedes Benz Sprinter van, but that's over 100,000 dollars. Maybe if I somehow become rich, but right now a small van works as long as I can sleep in it comfortably and travel from place to place. I feel like it might make it easier for me to meet girls my age too, since the only girls in my home town are single mothers in their thirties or retired hags in their 60's, and some drug addicts sprinkled in. How about you, anon?
>>
Boomer psyop, I want a house life
>>
you sound mentally challenged
>>
it might be nice to try it on a vacation but living your whole live like that? fuck no
>>
my dad has a van, slept a few night in this and my back fucking hurt. Don't think it's made for daily life but it can be comfy and less expensive than a fucking room indeed. Also don't waste that food on a dog you stupid whore.
>>
is that a taco or quesadilla? not sure but it looks good
>>
>>199195102
i would never do that by myself
>>
>>199195579
it's like quesabirria with cheeseburger ingredients
>>
>>199195102
You just KNOW
>>
>>199195102
Maybe try something similar but cheaper first like camping before going all in.
>>
>>199195102
>I feel like it might make it easier for me to meet girls my age too,
I'm sure they'll be flocking to the creepy weirdo living out of a van
>>
need to shit in an actual toilet with a bidet and/or spray
>>
File: van life shower.webm (3.77 MB, 576x1024)
3.77 MB
3.77 MB WEBM
>>199196112
Yeah I've got an SUV now I use for work and stuff. This next year I'll probably take a week out of my schedule to drive around, far away from home, see new places, that sort of thing. If I hate it, then I'll save the money for something else; but I've got a gut feeling I won't hate it, and if anything I'll feel tempted to abandon my job in the middle of it and just keep driving.
>>199196133
van life hippie girls love it thoughever
>>
>>199196551
You sound delusional. Those social media videos edit out all the bad parts of living out of a van.
I don't see how your plan makes any sense. Quitting your job and living out of a van sounds like a recipe for becoming deranged
>>
File: 2023.jpg (3.52 MB, 2502x2505)
3.52 MB
3.52 MB JPG
>>199195102
>Have you ever tried van life in your country?
Every summer for the last 10+ years.
>>
File: van life night.webm (3.66 MB, 576x1024)
3.66 MB
3.66 MB WEBM
>>199196709
>You sound delusional. Those social media videos edit out all the bad parts of living out of a van.
What you're describing is life, anon. I think you sound very bitter and upset with your life, and you are projecting that onto me and this lifestyle. All lifestyles come with hardship, but what van life offers me that you cannot have is freedom and adventure. I appreciate your commitment to working for 30+ years of your life straight, taking a week or two in between years for yourself, but I want something more than that Kafkaesque drone existence. My parents lived that life, working jobs they hated for over 30 years, still unable to pay off the first house which the bank took, and then losing the car. Finally they got a house they're still mortgaging. In fact, that's how most average people in the rural Midwest or rural anywhere in America live: Work until you die. Life becomes much more enjoyable when you start living for yourself, anon.
>>
>>199197242
I would not feel comfortable having fire that close to the bed. Also Jesus lady. Do not cut like that. You are going to slice your fingers.
>>
>>199197242
>>199196551
>>199195102
>richfags thots living in 50k+ vehicles
>wow van life so romantic
Meanwhile ive lived in my car for an entire year because i couldnt afford shit and it sucked
>>
I'm not a trustafarian who can larp as a hippy on daddy's dollar.
>>
>>199197573
>>199197601
this. every single hippy like this has always been secretly rich. even in scooby doo fred's dad is a billionaire
>>
>>199197242
I'm not bitter I'm just being real with you.you definitely need a reality check I've lived out of a car before and I can tell you firsthand it's not like those videos.
It's a lot of work just keeping everything organized when you have little space.
If you had a really nice van fitted out well, it would be ok to live out of for a month or two maybe
>>
File: van lyfe.webm (3.62 MB, 576x1024)
3.62 MB
3.62 MB WEBM
>>199197573
>>199197601
It really doesn't cost much if you're competent and have a good support network, and if you've got good remote skills to make a living while traveling on a low budget. I'll probably never own a Sprinter van, but I can get something close after a year or two of working and paying zero dollars in rent. I do feel sorry for the anons who have shit parents, or who were shit individuals that their parents kicked out of the house, or who were too stupid to learn any skills. I think we're all a product of our circumstances, and for some anons they are condemned to a life of lonely wage slaving just to survive, and I do feel sorry for them.
>>
>>199197901
>that stupid meme guitar
thats how you know these types of people are retarded phonies
>>
File: van life germany.webm (3.65 MB, 576x1024)
3.65 MB
3.65 MB WEBM
>>199197893
Do not confuse your bitterness for life experience, anon. You were thrust into what you think is "van life" but is actually "being a poor deadbeat loser in a shitty sedan because you fucked up in life". Of course it was upsetting for you. But to those who consciously plan out this life, organize it well, and put the right amount of money and care into it, then it can be very exciting.
>>
>>199198205
You have 2k that's nothing. A bit rich to be calling others dead beat losers.
You've also made this thread multiple times before in the past...
>>
>>199198205
fucking disgusting tattoos
>>
>>199197901
>>199198205
Also btw many of these vanlife people on social media are actually influencers. They get sponsorship money from various companies
>>
>>199195102
those are all words
also she needs to teach that mutt to not snap
>>
File: van life.webm (3.62 MB, 576x1024)
3.62 MB
3.62 MB WEBM
>>199198533
2k in checking isn't very bad at all, I think. And I'll be selling my 7 year old gaming PC at a yard sale, might get 200 for it? And I'll probably sell my SUV if I lock down on this van, don't need two vehicles. And I'll make 30,000 more this year at my job (might work two years instead of one?). Good thing for me is I'll be paying zero dollars in rent, so I get to pocket all 30,000 dollars. Not bad.
>You've also made this thread multiple times before in the past...
This is the first time I've made this thread, but I've posted about van life before. It worries me that you're so angered by the idea of van life but you're apparently going into multiple threads about it to seethe? What happened to you? Raped by your uncle in a white minivan and now you've got a phobia? Kek.
>>
>>199199063
stupid bitch needs to get half naked to get any views. sad!
>>
I have yet to see anything resembling a toilet. Where do they take a shit? Just go out in the wild? I've done that in the military. It's not fun even for one time.
>>
>>199197242
>>199196551
>>199195102
>>199198205
>>199199063
dogshit bait thread. kill yourself
>>
>>199199193
Most use a bucket. Others have this portable toilet
>>
File: 1716063238703831.jpg (77 KB, 700x600)
77 KB
77 KB JPG
>>199199193
There are also portable bidet.
>>
>>199199063
>This is the first time I've made this thread, but I've posted about van life before.
Ok so it's not the first time then. Which is it retard.
>2k in checking isn't very bad at all,
That's nothing. You have yet to experience real life and living expenses cause your parents are supporting you.
>>
I want OP to do this because he seems insufferable and I want him to suffer.
>>
File: van life toilet.webm (3.82 MB, 576x1024)
3.82 MB
3.82 MB WEBM
>>199199193
There are options.
>>
>>199199415
>That's nothing. You have yet to experience real life and living expenses cause your parents are supporting you.
That's the difference, I suppose. My family isn't rich, but we all help each other. I don't know what your circumstances are, but if you were living in a car not by your choice, I imagine you're probably very lonely and have no one you can go to for help, no parents to live with, or friends, or a girlfriend. Maybe a stable life in a one-bedroom one-bath studio apartment you pay 1,200 dollars for a month and a job you'll work for 40 years is what's best for you personally, anon.
>>
>>199199623
imagine the smell
>>
>>199199623
So much effort fucks sake
>>
>>199199670
>y family isn't rich, but we all help each other. I don't know what your circumstances are, but if you were living in a car not by your choice
No I lived out of my car by choice. I wanted to visit several national parks. I also lived at home for several years and saved up money.
I've thousands in savings and investments
I just think you're a bit thick to fall for heavily curated/edited influencer content
>>
>>199199623
Yeah nah. That's a nope from me. My parents have this huge expensive compost toilet with filtration and ventilation and even that thing stinks up the basement pretty badly.
This thing is just a slight upgrade from a bucket.
>>
File: glow face.jpg (375 KB, 800x800)
375 KB
375 KB JPG
>>199199822
>wanted to visit "several" national parks
>had to live with parents for years to save up money to do this
Maybe it's just me, but I feel like that goal is not nearly as expensive as you're trying to lead it on to be. Maybe next time take a plane and stay in a hotel?
>>
>>199195102
I wouldn't be able 2 game with my frens
>>
>>199195102
Does being a truck driver count?
>>
File: van life finland.webm (3.74 MB, 576x1024)
3.74 MB
3.74 MB WEBM
>>199199982
Just crack a window and go 80 down the highway, smell gone.
>>
>>199195102
I prefer to dink my roots deep somewhere
>>
>>199200006
>>had to live with parents for years to save up money to do this
Idk what you mean. I was saving money cause it's always good to have a safety net of at least 6 months worth of expenses. Never said living out of a car is expensive just that 2k isn't a lot.
>>
>>199197242
You'll still need to work, right?
Can't survive hunting deer all your life
>>
>>199197901
>just get by bro
>posts a 50 to 60k van
>>199198712
>btw those people are rich trust fund kids
We know lol. You cant have the same lifestyle living in an old ren scenic. Trust me ive tried.
>>
>>199200251
There's a park next to where I live right now where temporary workers park their vans and campers, and they take jobs in construction around my area. The best thing would be to do remote work though, or collect royalties off something and never work again.
>>
File: 1655152425983.png (312 KB, 601x595)
312 KB
312 KB PNG
>>199195102
I fucking HATE travel
I DESPISE IT

if I can't live in the same place and not travel for my entire life than what it the fucking point? might as well put my balls in a meatgrinder and bleed to death it will probably be more pleasant than traveling all the time
>>
>>199198624
I like it
>>
>>199200354
>old ren scenic
A 4,000 dollar car? I feel like this is the equivalent of saying you want to be a cop, then going out and buying a Spirit Halloween outfit and an airsoft gun. The fact is, if you don't want to put a few tens of thousands of dollars into this lifestyle, then just don't, put that money to a couple months of rent instead. Maybe save it up and live off grid (the stationary life version of van life).
>>
>>199200355
Why waste your savings on a depreciating asset? Sounds stupid
>The best thing would be to do remote work though
How are you going to work remotely from a van? You need electricity and internet. Do you even have a remote job?
You're immensely stupid it is unreal
>>
>>199200355
I don't think temporary jobs will allow you to live like that forever. Remote jobs could work though
>>
File: food.webm (3.83 MB, 606x1080)
3.83 MB
3.83 MB WEBM
>>199200644
>How are you going to work remotely from a van? You need electricity and internet. Do you even have a remote job?
You see what I mean? You don't even know the basics. Of course you hated your version of so-called "van life" which was really just "bumming around in an old used car". Solar power and Starlink will solve this issue, and you would have known that if you did the most basic research, anon. How do you think these lighting setups are powered in these van life videos? How did you think they were doing remote work? I feel like you haven't actually given this entire thing much thought at all. Google is a few tabs away.
>>
I prefer a Triumph Bonneville T120 Black
>>
>>199195102
I used to live in a car for two or so years while doing GrubHub and travelling different states. Van life has always been a farfetched meme to me. But there definitely are some people that I've seen (dry camping at the same Walmart as me) that try to do the van life thing. It looks botched at best, from what I see from the outside. The really adept ones that you see in videos and such actually frequent much different areas (campgrounds) and have different lifestyles that are probably similarly as remote. The ones that rave most about the van life and advocate it are the ones that have never actually tried it or anything similar to the sheltered homeless lifestyle before. They've probably camped in a camper at a campground, at best. My dad used to get excited prospecting this to me as well. I didn't see it coming together in my head, so I just decided to live in a car.
>>
>>199195102
We could be men with ven.
>>
>>199200366
This.

Unironically, there's this mantra that people like security officers or police like to bother you with when they catch you sleeping somewhere in your vehicle. It's called:

>"Keep moving"

It's the most annoying thing you will ever hear in this lifestyle and is meant to imply that you can never stop to sleep, because you are allowed nowhere where there is civilisation. I want to strangle their necks everytime I hear it.
>>
>>199201244
You are delusional and insufferable
>>
File: k smile.jpg (258 KB, 762x800)
258 KB
258 KB JPG
>>199201755
I bet the worst part for people, men particularly, is the loneliness. If you do "van life" and you're single, you'll go insane. Especially men on /int/ who crave female companionship more than anything else. If you add a girlfriend into the mix, then suddenly traveling the country on a shoestring budget in a dinky little car becomes quite the romantic idea, and even if life is very hard and difficult, it's worth it, because you've got a gf.
>>
>>199195102
social media van life is fake and gay, also it's much easier for a girl to couch surf than a guy. it can be more dangerous, but tons of girls do it.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.