[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/int/ - International

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: Buddha-and-Jesus.jpg (44 KB, 400x400)
44 KB
44 KB JPG
Is there any real effective difference between living in a Buddhist and a Christian country? The lifestyle is largely the same and conservatives of both espouse the very similar politics.
>>
>>199209574
Buddhists don't really proselytize
>>
yeah, you're not surrounded by- oh wait, whats that? oh. yeah theres no difference
>>
>>199209574
Christianity doesn't really define or emphasize on detachment. Nor does it define the sense of self or ones place as an observer. I don't really see any similarities in lifestyle of either but if there are any, the motivations for them are totally different
>>
>>199209574
The Race that comprises the nation is FAR more important in determining factors. Christian Africa is a shithole because of subhuman niggers. Buddhist Sri Lanka, far better than their Hindu counterparts. Buddhist Afghanistan? Rich as fuck until retarded Muslims came in. Jews? No, just Sabbatean Frankist Khazar Satanist Pedophile Criminals.
>>
>>199209850
>Jews? No, just Sabbatean Frankist Khazar Satanist Pedophile Criminals.
what
>>
>>199209758
Alright, so then... what's the difference between living in a Buddhist country and a Catholic or Orthodox country?
>>199209821
>if there are any, the motivations for them are totally different
Maybe, but I'm just talking about the surface level, not the core values. For example in a Muslim country the impact of religion on daily life is significant by comparison. Do Buddhists and Christians have any difference of that scale?
>>
File: file.png (1.32 MB, 1000x666)
1.32 MB
1.32 MB PNG
>>199209986
>what's the difference between living in a Buddhist country and a Catholic or Orthodox country?
Uh... Shouldn't your buddies in Myanmar give you a hint?
>>
>>199209986
I don't like this notion of comparing middle eastern religions to eastern ones. I think that if one camp calls itself a religion then the other is clearly not. The approach towards lifestyle and viewpoint of divinity is different. Outward appearances at this particular time frame is farcial. Would you still compare Siamese buddhism and Christianity in the10th century?
>>
There cant be a more boring thread than this.
>>
>>199209758
clearly you haven't been on /his/
>>
>>199210088
remind me who exactly is fighting against the burmese buddhist state ?
oh wait
it's the usual suspects again christians and muslims
>>
>>199210088
Those are ethnic conflicts thoughever, similar to the Balkans. A war rooted in religious identity is not the same as a war rooted in religion.
>>199210105
>Would you still compare Siamese buddhism and Christianity in the10th century?
I can't say for sure. Thailand has been semi-westernized for over a century and there's no way I can view any dynamics from a Christian-free perspective.
>I don't like this notion of comparing middle eastern religions to eastern ones.
I do agree the rigid Western perspective of organized religion is very different and doesn't compare well to what we have in this side of the world, but again I'm not talking about theological differences.

The fact is that Muslims are obligated to live a very specific way of life, while Buddhists and Christians seem to live largely similar lives and the logistics of practicing the religion is identical (going to temple and going to church isn't any more complicated than each other compared to going to a mosque).
>>199210211
Are you a literal child?
>>
>>199209574
Why does Christianity has monastics when Judaism doesn't? Even the story of the Saint which Catholic and Orthodox church uses to justify the Monasticism is similar to the story of Buddha. Has Christianity took monasticism from Buddhism?
>>
>>199211481
Saint Josaphat of India is the saint I am talking about.
>>
>>199210088
Damn this goes hard
>>
>>199209574
All Abrahamists, including Christcucks, are icchantika and will suffer for kotis of kalpas.
>>
>>199209574
I'm sure it's more cultural differences than religious ones.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.