[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/int/ - International

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

>destroys your local housing market
Does this happen in your cunt?
>>
>>199223621
Yes but TUI who fly in illegal migrants
>>
>>199223621
but isnt that only for short stays?
>>
>>199223689
Yes but since it's more profitable to rent your flat to a tourist that triples the average wage here now everyone does it and there are no houses left for the local people to rent, and the few ones that are left have ridiculous prices because of the demand. Also the tourists that stay in an airbnb usually make parties, etc and neighbors end up selling their houses because living there becomes unbearable, then their houses are bought by some hedge fund who turns the entire block into vacation rentals and just make the issue much worse.
>>
>>199223621
That's a meme.
The same business interest that would rent out flats is making hotels instead.
Now you have designated tourist buildings instead of buildings that can be used for both tourism and by normal inhabitants. Congratulations on fucking yourself by falling for yet another leftist meme.
>>
sorry boludo still gonna go visit eshpañiah level has $300 flights jfk to barcelona round trip it's unironically cheaper than flying to florida
>>
File: 1473367107332.jpg (55 KB, 258x360)
55 KB
55 KB JPG
>>199224803
>$300 flights
>barcelona
>>
>>199224739
>by normal inhabitants
No they can't lmao locals are being kicked out from entire neighbors in cities like Málaga because rent prices have skyrocketed in the last years. Maybe for a German 1000€ of rent is affordable but for the average Spaniard it's like 80% of their salary.
>>
>>199224934
>neighbors
neighborhoods*
>>
>>199223621
That’s why I only stay at the cheapest airbnbs. There was a rat living in one and I felt just like a local
>>
I AM enjoying my airbnb stay for 400 a month near paris in a dormitory and i wont pay 700 for it sorry
>>
The problem is not building more houses, not houses getting used for things people want to use them for
>>
No i dont live in a tourist trap
>>
>>199224875
>from nyc

You do realize that's not WizzAir flying you from Frankfurt to Madrid right
>>
>retarded zoning laws
>illegal airbnbs
>retarded construction laws
>lazy and retarded construction workers
>extremely conservative and shady developers
>surging immigration
>boomers hoarding multiple properties
>indians jam packed into one bedroom apartments
>residential real estate companies literally caught manipulating the market
>commercial real estate companies entering the residential space
>private equity companies purchasing up residential land
>laws in place to literally make sure that housing prices don't go down
>an entire voting base that will not allow for housing prices to go back down

We are fucking doomed man.
I make more money than 95% of boomer men in Toronto and I can't afford a fucking detached house.

Meanwhile some faggot who fucked around for a decade in his twenties, got some gay government job in his thirties, and decided to retire in his mid fifties has a $3MM house that he bought for the equivalent of $200K on a $50/year salary (when adjusted for inflation).
>>
>>199225192
Yep that's a huge problem as well. At some point we forgot how to make cheap houses, nowadays only +1,000,000€ flats are being built around here
>>
>>199223621
lol no, we don't have tourists
>>
>>199225382
>an entire voting base that will not allow for housing prices to go back down
Learning that 2/3 of voters live in an owner-occupied home blackpilled me. How do you address the housing crisis when it's in the self-interest of 2/3 of voters not to solve it?
>>
>>199223621
It's all up for rent, whether it's slum lords charging by the month, or assholes charging by the day.
>>
>>199225160
a month?? is that how cheap airbnbs are in europe?

a shitty basement unit where i am is like $1000 a week.
>>
>>199225663
He must live in some slum full of nafris and negres otherwise I don't believe it
>>
>>199225663
With $4000 month you're top 25% earners here
>>
>>199225663
I stayed in Tblisi 650$/month I found on airbnb
however, this was unofficial stay. paying via airbnb would probably cost close to 1000$
>>
>>199224385
damn gotta love yarmulke-clad capitalism
>>
>>199223621
just search all the place then use molotov
if that too spicy for you throw some piss or cat litter

be creative
>>
airbnbs are better than hotels because i like to cook for myself when on vacation, and hotels don't even give you a fucking kitchen
>>
>>199225192
You can't build affordable housing when prices are already inflated. Toronto is full of empty luxury condos no one wants to buy.
>>
>>199223621
I fucking knew the flag before clicking the thread
>>
>>199224739
Locals get priced out because they can't compete with Hans paying 400 euros a week to get wasted in Spain
>>
>>199223689
Yeah but you can make more money instead of renting/selling

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.