[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/int/ - International

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: scientology.png (339 KB, 472x275)
339 KB
339 KB PNG
Why are Unitedstatians so gullible and vulnerable to pyramid schemes and cults?
>>
because they all have the protagonist personality
>>
Unironically its a downside of their strong sense of community, insular sweedes like you wouldnt get it
>>
>>199250181
We are an eccentric curious bunch, better than being atheist robots like scandinavia.
>>
>>199250222
>>199250240
You can have all that without being drained out of all your money by space alien cults, jesus cults and get rich quick scam artists.
>>
>>199250303
No you cant, every virtue can be used against you. Sandniggers have strong communities too and look at the islamic shenanigans they get up to
>>
>>199250181
Freedom of Religion and the fact that it was the dumping ground for all kinds of extremist zealots. Puritans are a great example.
>>
>>199250303
Not all of us do that, my grandfather became a Mormon, had a grand adventure in Mejico and married 3 wives. How many Finns have cool lives like that lmao
>>
>>199250181
these guys own an entire city
actually kind of scary
>>
>>199250181
Someone hasn't told him about the pyramid scheme that literally had 1/2 of Albanians in it.
>>
>>199250479
Islam? lol
>>
>>199250181
the reason for this (and a lot of americas mass schizophrenia) is becausea lot of the settlers here weren't wanted in europe because they were so schizophrenic. the white americans today are descendants of those schizos.
>>
>>199250181
Because there's a reason picrel is still banned, and upheld.

If you have a definition what a nation of collective ignorant irresponsible morons is, the USA is the poster child thereof.
>>
honestly I might just join a cult if it means I can leach off them. it might feel nice to have someone there too. I have nothing
>>
>>199250181
Same reason we are renegade risk taker chads who dominate the tech industry. We got that Saxon blood and new world swagger.
>>
>>199250606
No dude. This is the kind of mentality that they prey upon. You might get community from the other low ranking members, but the cult will take all your savings, if you have any, and make you work for them for free while filling your brain with retarded nonsense. You will not get shit from the cult itself.
You can find a community from lots of different places and almost every one of those places is a better one than a cult.
>>
>>199250181
People want a purpose, and when they have nothing to lose, they'll take that last resort that ain't a bullet.
>>
>>199250779
Why not start a cult.
>>
>>199250823
Why do celebrities and rich people join them then??
>>
>>199250840
4chan losers can't commit
>>
>>199251294
Pyramid schemes work if you're on top. Nobody's fleecing Tom Cruise.
>>
>>199251294
Rich people can just buy rankings to get to the top. It's basically a p2w mmo cult. Scientology wants celebrities to be the face of the cult and had been recruiting them hard before internet revealed all their bullshit. I don't think there have been that many recent converts. But I don't follow any of that shit so I could be wrong.
>>
>>199251294
As I said, a purpose.
These guys are so intelligently bankrupt, and bereft of struggles that they want to feel like they belong somewhere.

Even if it's the vanity project of some Crowley fan-boy.
>>
>>199251738
Some upper class girl from Mexico joined a cult in New York called NXIVM and ended up as the leader's sex slave and was locked up in a room with nothing to do for two years for kissing another guy lmao
>>
>>199250181
the biggest cults are in east asia and the ones that made it to the west had asian origins
>>
>>199250181
Because Americans are impressionable novelty seekers, who think they've hit rock bottom and need spiritual guidance if they don't have a 3 bedroom house and 2 trucks by 30.
>>
>>199253427
this. Shinzo Abe was killed for helping a cult, and Korea has like 10% cult membership

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.