[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/int/ - International

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

I am depressed and planning on flying to Cape town around a year from now with the plan of walking/hitch hiking to vladivostock going through Bagdhad, Islamabad, Urumqi, Xi'ian, Harbin (imagine a line there. That's my general path (since I don't want to walk only through russia once I leave middle east)

OF COURSE this is dependent on visas but I already have a valid Russia and chinese visa but they might be expired by the time I get there. If theres's no way to do Iran I'd have to walk through Russia then down thru central asia or Azerbaijan to Turkenistan and hopefully get a visa in Tmenistan. I've already been in central asia a bunch and have friends who could help as I pass through.

My question is, realistically, how hard will it be to find under the table temporary work? Money is obviously rhe biggest issue. I plan on camping but for food etc. Any advice if you live in any of these countries?
>>
Sounds like a bad idea if you dont already have the money required desu
>>
Under the table work is easy to get in thirdie countries, but it's so low paying and shit you're better off saving the money in the first world and taking it with you. Even washing dishes would pay 4x more than what you'd get taking cash work there, and that's not even accounting for the risk of not being paid.

You'll likely end up begpacking, and begpackers typically begpack in asian countries for a reason. Try begging as a westerner in Baghdad and you'll offend someone actually struggling to stay alive and get by.
>>
>>200113039
I have a good chunk of change. I'd really really prefer to not pull from any investments tho. I imagine it's going to cost more + take longer than planned

>>200113114
Yeah I figure under the table work in Africa will be dog shit. I'm really stumped. I read a bunch of travelogues and they seemed to just stumble into good work back then. Times have changed tho lol

I'm worried about getting 3/4ths through then having to stop because I run out of money
>>
>>200112583
100 dollars are likely the montly wage there, just work a couple of weeks in the US, save money and then visit thoise countries

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.