[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/int/ - International

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: Download (4).jpg (5 KB, 290x174)
5 KB
5 KB JPG
>in the accusative only masculine words change form others stay the same
>no logical way to determine the gender of a noun you just have to memorize them individually
Who invented this fucking language
>>
>>200127482
It's funny when the get autistic about foreigners making mistakes when the whole language was designed like a prank.
>>
Language learning is a psyop. We were never meant to speak foreign languages, language in general was created to facilitate communication within a tribe but kike merchants began learning foreign languages to act as middlemen in commerce with other tribes
>>
>>200127482
>>200127482
>>no logical way to determine the gender of a noun you just have to memorize them individually
its very easy actually. because when you make neologisms you take the gender of the last noun. so in the end its just a few nouns that you remember.
die Straßenbahn -> die Bahn
die Straßenampel -> die Ampel
das Toastbrot -> das Brot
das Butterbrot -> das Brot
das Rindfleischetikettierungsüberwachungsaufgabenübertragungsgesetz -> das Gesetz
etc etc
>>200127570
imbecile
>>
File: 1720811499511035.png (406 KB, 800x1200)
406 KB
406 KB PNG
>>200127482
The colors of the German flag are the colors of alchemical transmutation in Hermetic magic.
>>
>>200127482
It's right when it sounds right
>>
>>200127632
Nutella?
>>
File: 1720892434611113.png (119 KB, 474x469)
119 KB
119 KB PNG
>das Rindfleischetikettierungsüberwachungsaufgabenübertragungsgesetz
>>
>>200127674
yes, das Rindfleischetikettierungsüberwachungsaufgabenübertragungsgesetz.
my point is that even comically long words can easily be gendered if you know the few base-words
>>
>>200127640
Das
>>
Honestly once you learn the language long even you just get a feel for what gender things should be. There are a few rules that govern the genders of words such as certain endings like -keit/heit, mus, chen and so on. Most words ending with e are feminine, unless it's a weak masculine noun :^)
>>
>>200128090
DIE Nutella
>>
You can still guess the gender of a noun like 80% of the time. Around 90% of words ending in -e are feminine, most words starting with Ge- are neuter, all words ending in -chen are neuter without exception, etc.
>>
File: 1848 berlin.jpg (102 KB, 640x480)
102 KB
102 KB JPG
>>200127482
The gendered thing is unironically not the worst part, once you do enough Ankigooning sessions you develop a sort of instinct for it and are able to get the gender right 90% of the time.
That real asskicker for me rn are separable verb prefixes (ansehen, anhaben, anziehen, etc...) and fucking irregular conjugations for tenses.
>>
>>200127632
This.
>>
>>200128569
>Gedanke
>Starts with Ge and ends with e
>Is masculine
Problem German learners?
>>
>>200128714
Yes that's one of the nine German irregular nouns alongside Glaube, Friede, etc.
Any good German book will tell you about these exceptions thoughbeit, same with "weak" masculine German nouns like der Affe. The hints with word prefixes and suffixes just make memorising these exceptions much easier.
>>
>>200127482
nobody invents a language, it slowly evolves through time while getting influenced by other languages, Romanian and German share an ancestral language btw, PIE which had a lot more complex system of inflections than German or Romanian
>>
>>200128960
what about constructed languages (conlangs) tho?
>>
>>200128960
Pretty sure that's what they did with standard Italian.
>>
>>200127613
>Rindfleischetikettierungsüberwachungsaufgabenübertragungsgesetz
I used to make mad fun of Germans for saying shit like this, then I finally started learning German and interacting with Germans more and now I totally get the idea. It's fucking ridiculous but it makes sense.
And yeah it's more difficult than other languages but you eventually get the hang of it and start to declense naturally after a while. Like everyone was a baby and learned to speak their own language at some point, it just gets in with habit.
>>
>>200128960
>>200130412
PIE is not understood and actually known, it's reconstructed (and annotated specifically) because it was probably completely anarchic. That's what "proto-" alludes to in this context, not just "comes before" but also "loosely constructed".
>>
>>200130672
personally I like neologisms. It shows me that its ONE WORD. Brits will write sports event and you will have to decipher that these two words are meant to have only one meaning (instead of Sportveranstaltung where its clearly visibile that you mean Sport + Veranstaltung)
>>
>>200127570
>We were never meant to speak foreign languages
So you knew already polish when you were born?
>>
>>200132157
That's too German of you though, we say "évènement sportif" too. But also I studied philosophy, mostly German philosophy so I know it's not the same way of crafting ideas. Before that I was totally repulsed by the German way of thinking.
Can't tell what made me open to the language but I guess it was philosophy, and I know until you have tried doing philosophy from another civilsation you can't possibly imagine how important languages are for ideas. I think it's fascinating, if I wasn't a poor schizo I would have studied further in this way.
>>
This insane language have words like Hottentottenstottertrottelmutterbeutelrattenlattengitterkofferattentäter

https://pl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hottentottenstottertrottelmutterbeutelrattenlattengitterkofferattent%C3%A4ter
>>
>>200130583
Standard Italian is just the Florentine dialect that Dante wrote the Divine Comedy in, IIRC
>>
>wasting your time learning this linguistic dead-end when everyone in this thread already understands the greatest of all Germanic languages
>>
>>200127482
is there one language with a logical way of determining a noun's gender?
>>
>>200133004
Bulgarian :)
>99% of words that end in consonants are masculine
>99% of words ending in -a or -ya are feminine
>99.9% of words that end in -o or -e are neuter

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.