[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/int/ - International

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: h4rzrhrbcko31.jpg (102 KB, 640x1359)
102 KB
102 KB JPG
>"we put men on the Moon using a 4kb computer to control retrorockets and the temperature in that bag of screws"
>>
you should read about that computer its relly interesting even some tries to replicate
>>
>>200133652
Soviet accomplishments were great, but USA did many good things too. Honestly I don't really care about "space race" and some "winner" of it, but it always funny for me to see how some amerimutts say that they've won, because the space race was race to the moon. I be like
>wtf? Was it some kind of sport tournament with rules? What are you talking about?
I don't understand them.
>>
>>200133719
>>200133953
do not bother. op is a bot who posts this everyday. regarding the space race, both the soviets and the US did accomplish a lot in terms of technology and innovation. imagine what would have been if we were allies. VGHHHH.
>>
>>200134335
>imagine what would have been if we were allies. VGHHHH.
That's always the problem throughout history. If we were allies it would be great. If long before that we would be good allies with Germany, it would be unstoppable too.
>>
>>200133652
i dont think any of that stuff is real
>>
>>200133652
the space race was just the powers putting on a show, no one cared about scientific development, they wanted to look better than the other
that's why the moon landing being fake theory exists at all
>>
>>200133953
I would say US won pretty definitively because let’s not forget that the Soviets also tried to go to the moon but failed. Comparatively, everything the Soviets did first, the US was able to do themselves shortly after. Additionally, putting someone on the moon has been the penultimate human achievement so the US will always get the win over the Soviets in my book.
>>
>>200133719
The apollo guidance computer is unironically one of the most remarkable engineering achievements of the 20th century.
>>
>>200138135
the soviets made a cool re-usable rocket that could land itself tho
>>
>>200138135
The Soviets and Americans tried many other things and both failed. The Americans failed to land on Venus. The first American to “make it” to space didn’t even achieve orbital velocity; the flight was suborbital. You guys then did a massive cope move by redefining an astronaut as someone who made it X miles above sea level, whereas cosmonauts to this day are only called such when they achieve orbital velocity. Americans initially fucking sucked at automated technology; the Russian ISS modules and the Buran were capable of unmanned operations whereas the American analogues simply couldn’t. Fixating on da Moon is bizarre to say the least.
>>
>>200139982
americans said that they were going to the moon in ten years and then did
it's really not that complicated
>>
>>200142490
soviets said they were going to be the first ones into space and they did.
it’s really not that complicated
>>
>>200139982
Buran? It had one short 3 hour test launch and nearly burnt up on its way in. Even if the ussr kept going they'd have to do another 2 or 3 years just to fix their reentry issues. It was a failure not just because of funding. Nothing was built properly built up on it, everything promised out
>>
File: brvthers.png (620 KB, 650x433)
620 KB
620 KB PNG
>>200134453
>>200134335
vgh what could have been...
>>
>>200135995
this
so much this
>>
>imagine what would have been if we were allies
No progress because no reason to compete?
>>
>>200133652
and even returned home as everyone clapped!
lowest effort psyop from cold war

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.