[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/int/ - International

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

What happens here?
>>
Not a whole lot tbqh. They have the biggest french speaking community after Quebec though.
>>
>>200133861
People who aren't me have sex.
>>
Cajun territory.
>>
>>200133861
instense rivalry and hatred with Old Brunswick
>>
>>200133861
Death upon S*ttlers (I wish!)
>>
>>200135077
Mi'kmaq were big time allies with Acadians fagget, try harder.
>>
It’s a creepy ass place in general. Real back rooms vibe everywhere
>>
>>200135796
Extremely painful and uncomfortable death to you and your entire fucking family, s*ettler
>>
>>200133995
Isn't Ontario bigger ?
>>
>>200133995
>They have the biggest french speaking community after Quebec though.

It's probably the only truly bilingual region of Canada. Quebec is French, the rest of Canada is English, New Brunswick is a healthy mix and it seems to work for them.

It's still a very irrelevant place. Like all of Atlantic Canada it is poor, and the entire province has the population of a mid-sized city.
>>
>>200136077
Bigger in what sense? The French community? I don't know but it is possible that in sheer numbers there are more French speakers in Ontario, simply because Ontario has a much bigger population in general (15 million compared to NB's 800k). However French is definitely not a big part of the culture of Ontario like it is in New Brunswick.
>>
they speak chiac
>>
>>200136233
Fact: It's the only officially bilingual French-English province.
So you are right.
>>
>>200136612
Acadian and Brayon, too. (Chiac is fucking stupid)
>>
billionaire family, irving, owns the province
they own the only oil refinery in the region, so all gas is from them, they use their cheap gas to own all of the shipping and forestry companies, offset of owning all of the forestry is they have the cheapest newsprint so they own all the newspapers too
there's also a potato billionaire family but they're not as important
there's 3 'cities' in the south, two are anglo with one mixed
there's 4 towns in the north, one is anglo, one mixed and the other two are french
lobster fishing and tourism in the summer, winters are long and grim

>>200136233
>New Brunswick is a healthy mix and it seems to work for them.
the southern acadians don't mind being bilingual and speak chiac, but they call the northern ones southern quebecers and warn anglos about anything north of miramichi
the anglo population in the south is growing a lot quicker with immigration and people from ontario, the bilingualism is in a long term decline

>>200136077
ontario has twice as many, but provincial population 15 times larger
>>
>>200136918
>ontario has twice as many, but provincial population 15 times larger

Also I am guessing that most of the Francophone community is concentrated in Ottawa, which is a bit different than the rest of Ontario. It's right on the Quebec border and a lot of French Canadians work for the federal government. French is not an important part of Ontario culture in general.
>>
kino canadian lore going on here
>>
>>200137319
a lot of the ottawa french are actually from quebec, the real franco ontarioans are further north in places like sudbury, timmins, kapuskasing
>>
ACADIAN BVLLS TERRITORY
>>
>>200138385
Post the buccaneer pasta what they did to Spainjeets
>>
>>200138546
I wish I had it...
>>
File: VincentStCastin.jpg (1.09 MB, 1439x2543)
1.09 MB
1.09 MB JPG
>>
I was surprised to learn that my region of Canada's second most spoken language is an injun language (not in the north)
>>
File: AcadiansAreRoyalty.jpg (3.25 MB, 3858x3330)
3.25 MB
3.25 MB JPG
>>

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.