[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/int/ - International

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1039789045.jpg (24 KB, 512x468)
24 KB
24 KB JPG
My neighbor has coughed non stop since the moment I stepped foot in my house in 4 PM until now (10:30 PM). He didn't cough before.

Yesterday, he didn't stop until I went to sleep in 01:00 AM. Then he stopped coughing. He likely won't stop today until 02:00 AM, even. He has no life.

Does this happen in your country?
>>
My friend used to live with a girl who would sing at open mic nights on most evenings and then cough all day afterwards. Was never annoyed by coughing until I met her.
>>
>>200139787
Did she start when you made your first sound after entering your house, such as opening your drawer?
>>
when neighbbours are annoying and loud just open windows and start having loud gay seks

it works every time, eventually they will move somewhere else and problem is solved
>>
File: 103978904.jpg (18 KB, 512x468)
18 KB
18 KB JPG
>>200140330
I've been very accommodative to him. I stopped making noises, installed pads in places that I would accidentally bump stuff into, bought new chairs with pads so they don't make a sound when I move them, put pads on kitchen table so I don't make a sound when I put down glasses and utencils. The only thing left, is not to exist or have my window open at all (so he can enjoy having his open and make sounds without being afraid of his neighbors hearing).
As of four days ago, when he began coughing again, I stopped being accommodating. Now I'm going to have my TV open 24/7 with my window open, and talk on the phone with my head outside the window. I'm done with him.
>>
>>200139710
Maybe I'm your neighbor. Beeing coughing for the whole month.
>>
>>200139710
Do you live in some shitty 70s commieblock that you can hear your neighbor coughing?
>>
>>200140650
Did you start the moment I hung my back on the wall and the strap made contact with the wall and made a slight sound?
>>
>>200140600
stop being a pussy and start having gay seks NOW
>>
>>200140715
We both have our windows open. He is fake coughing. He has coughed once a minute for 7 hours. He started 30 minutes after I got home, the moment I made my first sound. I tested him and was very silent today. Yesterday, he coughed from 6 PM to 01:00 AM (midnight, when I shut off my lights and went to sleep). I suspect he has semester.
>>
File: 1039789042.jpg (28 KB, 512x468)
28 KB
28 KB JPG
>>200140766
Fr? But why gay sex? Do neighbors hate that?
>>
>>200140775
I think he just has a cough and you're a bit crazy.
>>
>>200140843
it makes things really awkward when you meet in hallway and they have heard you getting piped

so they will move away to avoid awkwardneds
>>
File: 9c24a6533319.png (116 KB, 400x400)
116 KB
116 KB PNG
>>200140917
No, because he never stops before I do. He only starts and stops on my cue. He also used to clear his throat when I used to work next to my open window. He would do this every time I pressed a key stroke. At first, I thought he might be sick, but after timing my every stroke for 20 minutes, I caught the message, sighed, closed most of the window and worked in my toilet.
Next day he was silent all day, until I opened my window and started working. Then his throat began hurting again.

After that, I always work in my toilet or close my window so he doesn't hear my keystrokes.
I started incrementally opening my window again because I crave fresh air and it's unfair that he can have his open, and he has started having a sore throat again. He never coughed before.
>>
>>200141047
>After that, I always work in my toilet or close my window so he doesn't hear my keystrokes.
You're crazy.
>>
>>200141032
It's already awkward. He is passive aggressive as of the past 2 years and I've stopped greeting him or acknowledging him. He used to always (and only) ask if I'm WFH or if I'm on vacation. Then he rushes away. I've never talked with him about anything aside from my vacation or work status (one question dialogue).
>>
>>200141120
Why am *I* crazy when he coughs every time I press a key? I wait, he's quite for 10 minutes, I press, he coughs. He is the crazy one.
>>
>>200141167
Since you're talking like a crazy person, I call you a crazy person.
>>
>>200141134
it's clearly not awkward enough yet
>>
You can hear your neighbors coughing in Sweden?
>>
>>200141205
What do you mean I talk like a crazy person?
>>
>>200141209
Yeah we both have our windows open.
>>
record the keystroke sound and play it on loop then leave the house for a 2 weeks holidays
>>
>>200141397
Holy based
>>
Work with loud machinery in the morning, my neighbor has been doing this for the past 2 days and it makes me want to rip his skin off and then mine
>>
He hasn't made a sound for 6 minutes now. I went to take a piss. Now I'm back to pressing keys. He hadn't coughed in 6 minutes.
>>
>>200141488
There it is, one minute later. He just doesn't sleep.
>>
>>200141550
you know who else don't sleep? gay seks havers
>>
I went from having a reclusive artist neighbour I saw maybe 3 times in a decade to some old widowed bitch who had no hobbies except sitting outside smoking and talking loudly on the phone all day every day, punctuated by her smokers cough every few minutes, I would hear that fucking smokers cough at 4am taking the bins out and then 11pm that same day. I'm so glad we moved.
>>
>>200141759
Maybe I am myn neighbors widowed bitch smoker? Maybe he hears my keystrokes in his sleep? Should I really close my window when I use my computer guys? I have a Macbook, it is a nothingburger. Wtf.
>>
>>200140236

How can they hear you doing things in your house?
>>
>>200142185
Unless you sit outside with your macbook all day he probably can't hear you.
>>
>>200140600
Sound pollotion from neighbours should be treated as a war crime. Get a sound-proof wall installation fitted, the add it on top of your existing wall. It was the best money I've spent in my life.
>>
>>200142241
They are incredibly quiet. I have never heard them make a sound, unless they are trying to make a sound. Their window is open, yet I've never heard them speak. When we were new, he asked me if he heard sounds from his house, which suggests he is mindful. At this point, I wouldn't be surprised if they just sit and wait to hear the tiniest noise, only to have something to complain and talk about.

They also have other issues with other neighbors, so they are definitely not normal, but this issue they have with me is taking its toll. I am uncomfortable in my own home.
>>
>>200142274
I sit by the window. I might as well be outside.
>>
>>200139710
I hear my neighbours talk as if they were inside my apartment in my shitty francoist commie block built in 68.
I bump into things at 3am or even cook at that time and they haven't ever said anything. Albanian criminals used to live here before me so maybe they are afraid i'm still one of them.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.