[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/int/ - International

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: preview_red-squirrel.jpg (74 KB, 804x452)
74 KB
74 KB JPG
Transracial adoptee

Living in a very diverse city with predominantly white family members, but often get ethnicity assumed.
Good friend and I start talking about church, asks me if I go to any ethnic churches around here, referencing nonwhite congregations in the area.
Tell him I'm "half white", because I don't know what to say to explain my lack of cultural understanding. At the same time, I'm not sure what to say because I don't know anything about my culture whatsoever.

What am I supposed to say? Every native I know is either dying on a reservation in Arizona or living in Mexico or some Latino country.

I feel extremely insecure and embarrassed about it because all I know is European tradition and culture which I cherish and enjoy a lot, even if I know I can't typically embody it.
>>
that is a cute fucking squirrel
why are their ears like that
>>
>>200148748
Usually to keep warm during the winter
indigenous to the UK BTW just like British people
>>
File: 1648924751340421.png (39 KB, 800x600)
39 KB
39 KB PNG
>>200148786
Soon to be phased about by the new and improved British people.
>>
>>200148786
idk what issue you are trying to explain. clicked cus of image, idk it probably doesn't matter in the long run. just say whatever feels right
>>
>>200148947
Yeah say the quiet part out loud OP, tell us what you really think about grey squirrels
>>
>>200149021
They're total niggers
>>
File: 1590964883466.gif (1.06 MB, 498x476)
1.06 MB
1.06 MB GIF
>>200149064
And so, the cycle of hate continues
>>
>>200148716
just tell them you were adopted by White Europeans and give them a weird look, as if you're judging them for assuming anything about you. they will feel as deeply uncomfortable and embarrassed as you feel
Then you can laugh and diffuse the tension and be friends. Or leave it hanging, uncomfortably, if you want them to never talk to you again
>>
>>200148716
Nigga that's nuts.
>>
>>200148716
Nigga that's nuts!

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.