[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/int/ - International

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: wegweg.jpg (621 KB, 1600x1066)
621 KB
621 KB JPG
western pennsylvania is underrated. i want to move here
>picturesque rolling hills, forests, and countryside
>thousands of historic and walkable towns youve never heard of
>pittsburgh for the city fix
>cheap to live
>overwhelmingly huwhite
>>
>>200169449
>Pennsylvania
>cheap to live
isn't it one of the wealthier states
>>
>>200169449
Looks comfy, but it has to have a creek where you go for a walk with your dogo during summer or swim grill party with friends.
>>
>>200169449
comfy
>>
>>200169496
No, it is a shithole. Pennsylvania in the east, Pittsburgh in the west, and Alabama in the middle.
>>
>>200169966
* Philadelphia in the east, Pittsburgh in the west, and Alabama in the middle
>>
>>200169449
>lots of nature
>doesn't look too walkable but not a car centric dystopia either
>buildings look old-timey and soulful
bet this place is like 99% white
>>
>>200169449
These rural areas are absolutely terrible to live in. They look good only in cherry picked pictures during the summer
>>
>>200169496
Like anywhere in the US it's wealthy pockets surrounded by rundown rural poverty
Half the state is Appalachia
>>
>>200170178
Why? They live off federal gibs like any other city slickers, what's so different?
>>
I sometimes research pittsburgh
>>
File: 151.jpg (272 KB, 1600x1067)
272 KB
272 KB JPG
>>200170178
>absolutely terrible to live in
>cherry picked pictures during the summer
is this still true for someone who loves snow and winter?
>>
>>200170643
Every thing is old, rundown, inefficient. It's only populated by old boomers
There's no jobs so no young professionals, no families, nothing. It's just boomers waiting to die
>>
>>200170643
>live off federal gibs
Where the fuck are you learning things about the US? Because that's a load of bullshit.
>>
>>200171249
The northeast is absolutely brutal in winter and it stays cold and snowy for months
t. lived in both Pennsylvania and upstate NY
>>
I went to Penn State and spent a year in Pittsburgh after I graduated. I’m probably going to move back there this year. In my opinion, Pittsburgh is pretty good and there are some scenic landscapes across Pennsylvania but the cities and towns of Western Pennsylvania are pretty depressing.
>>
>>200171323
Upstate New York has much harsher winters than Pennsylvania. The only parts of Pennsylvania that have roughly the same amount of snow and same temps are the Erie area and arguably the Northern Tier. The rest of Pennsylvania from Scranton to Pittsburgh is a bit milder and the Philadelphia area is much milder.
>>
File: IMG_1197.jpg (98 KB, 736x552)
98 KB
98 KB JPG
>>200171249
I’m a big fan of Pittsburgh and State College in the winter, personally. I’ve lived in both and as someone who also likes winter, I found found them both much more pleasant than most other places I’ve lived.
>>
>>200170643
American towns and cities don’t really get government gibs like in other countries. Basically only boomers blacks and Hispanics get gibs.
>>
>>200171340
what makes them so depressing anon? i think the cities and towns in my state are more depressing because the city centers and inner neighborhoods have all been BTFO by suburban flight. driving through western pennsylvania, you get the sense that this never happened, like they still look the same as they did in 1950. its a whole different vibe
>>
File: 1701615866981889.jpg (1.15 MB, 2560x1440)
1.15 MB
1.15 MB JPG
Lancaster is an underrated gem.
>>
>>200171709
They’re stereotypical Rust Belt/Appalachia towns for the most part. Old, rusty, crumbling infrastructure, aging populations, young people with drug problems, few jobs, shitty schools, etc. The biggest problem is the drug problem obviously. I suppose it’s a bit better in Western Pennsylvania than in Eastern Ohio or Northern West Virginia due to the proximity to Pittsburgh and the public lands, but not a whole lot better. Just look up news headlines from some of these towns. Even Pittsburgh has a lot of that post-industrial decay in it and Pittsburgh is really a pleasant city imo.
>>
Stop showing the foreigners what 90% of America looks like you faggots. We have enough illegals trying to get in already.
>>
>>200171934
Lancaster is majority Puerto Rican now.
>>
>>200169449
Yeah but you have to deal with Bob Nutting running the Pirates
>>
>>200169966
When Alabama's collective IQ is higher than Philly's, your snarky comment falls on its face.
>>
File: jerseyjak.png (205 KB, 307x600)
205 KB
205 KB PNG
>>200171323
Conditions fit only for an Aryan.
>>
>>200169966
The Alabama in the middle sentiment is so funny because it’s nothing at all like Alabama. The whole North section is public land and the southern section is basically just small lake towns until you get to Harrisburg.
>>
>>200170943
What do you mean you research it?
>>
>>200171934
West Chester > Lancaster. Similar sort of town but better demographics and closer to Philly.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.