[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/int/ - International

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: file.jpg (167 KB, 1432x1000)
167 KB
167 KB JPG
met like 10+ of them in europe, they're ALL nice, extremely amiable, talkative, sensible people, level headed, they make you feel good and comfortable in any situation, they have a lot of social tact, differently from a lot of Europeans

desu I think that's a characteristic of the Anglos, English speaking natives are naturally nice and know how to talk, Brits, NZers, Australians, but Americans just take it to another level, I really fell in love with them after I met them in Europe, I'm biased cause I met the travelling ones, don't know about the more insulated ones, but they are really the nicest people I ever met
>>
>>200203013
The negro admixture makes people like this
>>
>>200203013
i wish more americans came to poland

instead of the brits
>>
>>200203013
I'm from flag and have been to dozens of countries.

Most Americans, here and overseas, are decent people. Many of us--even those who aren't very worldly--still enjoying interacting with foreigners and learning about different cultures.

At least in my experience, you meet very different sorts of Americans in very different parts of the world. You'll find a larger cross-section of society, including many stereotypical Americans, in destinations that either have low-cost airfare, like Cancun, or are of greater cultural interest to ordinary people (including much of Western Europe).

I do think that Americans who travel outside of "typical" destinations do a much better job trying to learn about and respect the native culture than many other nationalities. My wife is a non-U.S.-citizen who worked in a tourism-adjacent field while doing her MA back home and has made similar comments--we can be a little retarded and naive, but tend to be very polite and willing to accept differences instead of making a big deal of them.
>>
>>200203013
How can they sensible when they all believe that men can be women? Most Americqns are transsexuals
>>
>>200203511
Do the Brits treat Poland as their personal drunk playground?
>>
>>200203013
Thanks bro
>>
>>200203013
You'll see our retards if you actually come here. Don't let that paint a completely negative picture though. It's like any other country with quality of people varying everywhere.
>>
>>200203613
british women are slags

and yes
>>
you've only met americans who have the time and wealth to take overseas trips who tend to be better educated and mannered

you'll change your mind if you meet one of these
- obese retards in flyover country
- niggers and gangsters
- trannies
- coastal elite faggots
>>
>>200203556
In reality, probably 1% of us actually believe that. Many more just go along with it to reap the professional and social rewards of saying so.
>>
>>200204062
>americans who have the time and wealth to take overseas trips who tend to be better educated and mannered
This is the coastal elite
>>
>>200204213
no it isn't, there's plenty of middle class suburbanites that take trips overseas
>>
Americans are all fake nice.
>>
>>200204307
It's funny reading this because the people who type it are always so miserable they cannot comprehend genuine kindness
>>
File: IMG_8537.png (506 KB, 987x978)
506 KB
506 KB PNG
>>200204307
>t.
>>
>>200204399
I'm so nice I always say good morning to the Chinese man who rides his bike at 6:30 am in my park when I'm out for a jog.
>>
>>200203013
I think a lot of Americans fear being seen as boorish and ignorant when we go abroad.
>>
>>200203013
all the americans have met looked like actors
they were handsome and photogenic, and very nice
but so fucking loud
>>
>>200204307
We know we're not your friend, we just prefer that even fleeting social interactions be polite and pleasant. It's just a cultural difference, and you don't have to like or understand it.

However, many people in this country are legitimately kind and will bend over backwards to help somebody who might need it. I had car trouble after wrapping up a hunting trip to West Virginia, and had at least a dozen people stop while I was waiting for my tow truck--including a guy who owned his own mechanic shop and insisted that I let him go home to get his tools so he could get me going for free.

I ended up waiting for the driver--who was already underway--who called to ask for directions and wound up talking my ear off about hunting and shooting for 30 minutes. I left afterward to get a replacement part from Walmart (only thing open at that hour), and pretty had people running from across the fucking parking lot to ask if I needed tools.
>>
>>200204610
>We know we're not your friend, we just prefer that even fleeting social interactions be polite and pleasant. It's just a cultural difference, and you don't have to like or understand it.
Are you unaware that this comes from us?
>>
>>200203013
I don't like Americans, they all act like passive aggressive holier than thou redditors
>>
>>200204062
>- niggers and gangsters
Unironically, these people are extremely nice for the most part. It's counter intuitive, I know.

t. grew up in an 'urban' part of town.

Obese flyover State people that I met are fine, coastal elite are fake nice but that's good enough. The trannies are actually the worst of the categories you listed, but I've only encountered maybe 3 at most in my entire life and yes they are in fact mentally ill.
>>
>>200204664
Dude met some white American liberals
>>
>>200203013
good post
>>
>>200204510
>but so fucking loud
lmao This is true.

>>200203013
The Americans that travel outside the US are going to be the ones that are most likely better adjusted, more sociable, and not poor. The terrible ones stay home and stay ignorant. A lot of the Americans you'll see in media that show the worst of us often haven't even left the state in which they were born in.
>>
>>200204510
I seriously don’t get this “Americans are loud”. It’s especially baffling because people from Spain and Italy say it too, and when I went there they seemed loud to me. I’d love to solve this mystery
>>
>>200204286
It's not that expensive to go to Europe, like 600 USD round trip plus hostels which are cheap, food is also extremely cheap
>>
>>200203013
its the accent. you hear the american accent everywhere on your computer and when you do in real life, it feels like it comes from a source of authority
>>
>>200205314
I think the difference is that americans are super extraverted and they never stop talking, so it feels like they're louder perhaps. they don't understand personal space and they treat everyone like they're friends too so they're always noisy

I guess that's the difference. spaniards and italians are loud but you're just noisy
>>
>>200205314
all these 3 nationalities are loud
>>
>>200205314
You can hear an American long before you see them. I remember some American woman talking to a member of staff at the airport and I could hear her conversation from 5 meters away in a packed airport. She was like "Oh so we can't do x, y, z, but we can do that in the states!"
>>
>>200205404
>tfw last year PLAY was offering flights from my local airport to Europe for $99
>>
>>200205649
You're soy levels are off the charts
>>
I went to Miami and all Americans were really friendly, black or white. Not sure if they're all sincere especially the shop wagies but it was nice. Visit Eastern Europe and everyone looks like their cat just died and you ruined their day by just being near them.
>>
>>200204286
Yeah but they are outnumbered by the coastal elite faggots
You can tell OP met the elites because there was no mention the suspicion, insularity, and artificiality that characteristic of the bulk of MC suburbanites. Most Americans aren’t good people, but the elites are much better at hiding at
>>
>>200205766
Shut up Fatso
>>
File: IMG_1764.jpg (32 KB, 500x500)
32 KB
32 KB JPG
>>200205783
I sound ESL here
>>
>>200203013
i have never met an american
>>
>>200205437
We feel this way about the Brit’s for some reason. When we hear a British accent(not the trashy girl one, the fancy one) we automatically assume they know what they are talking about. Any Brit with a good accent could come here and just get anything they want. Go interview to be whatever, and say you know all about that job. We will all believe it. It’s a legit weakness we have that for some reason almost no British take advantage of
>>
>>200205794
>Didn't even call me out on my spelling mistake
Heh, you've already missed your chance. You lost this virtual joust.
>>
>>200203013
I've met a few Americans here and abroad in the rest of Europe and they're always the most talkative people and I'm comfortable talking to them and vice versa, like it's genuinely fun to talk to them because they don't snicker at you or talk rudely like the other Europeans
>>
>>200205962
Using you're instead of your in the wrong context is bait for nufags, anon.
>>
>>200205649
I dunno, I kind of suspect there’s a small minority of loud Americans giving the rest of us a bad name. I meet them sometimes(they are usually black) and I
hate it too. But honestly I found Spaniards for example to be much louder on average. I really suspect something else is going on here to give you guys this impression, but I don’t know what it could be. If it was true, me and others going to Europe would find people quiet, and I didn’t get that impression at all. Italy and Spain seemed like noise hell. Eh maybe the nords are quieter, but mostly it seemed like they all have autism
>>
File: charliesheen.jpg (21 KB, 750x701)
21 KB
21 KB JPG
>>200204673
>be me
>know a dude who dates a tranny
>xir thins she's a sister and not a xister
>Xir fucking mentally ill as shit
>sends him messages crying and just screaming "FUCK!!!!! FUCK!!!! FUCK!!" into their microphone so hard it fucking clips and distorts
they are mentally ill.
>>
>>200205897
>It’s a legit weakness we have that for some reason almost no British take advantage of
i feel like a lot do but when they integrate the best (obviously) and when they have kids they lose that advantage quickly
>>
>>200206311
My uncle had British parents and you would never have known by listening to him.
>>
>>200205983
Euros (non anglos) don't care about other people's feelings a lot
>>
>>200206454
Correct. Non-British Euros are all rude af. You can notice the difference the second you step foot into an EU country airport.
>>
>>200206487
The Irish are good too, right?
>>
>>200206619
Depends on which part.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.