[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/int/ - International

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1722007114859.jpg (10 KB, 500x281)
10 KB
10 KB JPG
Why do people, especially Americans, get angry when I say I've been a NYT subscriber for 5-8 years now? I don't get it. It has made me informed of the world, internationally speaking.
>>
I do the crosswords
>>
>>200205815
NYT is insanely biased towards liberals and the very embodiment of the elite
>>
nigga really subscribed to the New YUH Times
>>
>>200205815
This nigga is reading the Jew York Times lmao
>>
>>200205815
Some people just can't understand other people have a different opinion from them. Typical.
>>
NYT is shamelessly biased and is basically Fox News for NYC Jews.
>>
>>200205815
I would rather sub WSJ and watch FOX news instead.
>>
>>200205946
>>200205906
>>200205854
Not in their news columns though. Their opinion columns though have a pretty liberal bias I agree but not the news. The news is pretty balanced. And I lean libertarian
>>
I read The Guardian online, it's all free
Kinda same shit than the times except international-centered
>>
File: images (3).jpg (29 KB, 739x415)
29 KB
29 KB JPG
>>200206026
But FOX News is biased both in news AND opinions. Its trash. And I sometimes read it too, but NYT is superior in every way.
>>
>>200205815
>jew York times
Stop giving those faggots money and let our horrible, lying jewish media die already
>>
I really like the Filipino Kaguyaposter
>>
>>200206028
They are tremendously biased. Americans journalists are 90% liberal as a whole (research shows this) and it’s even more overwhelming at the NYT. They don’t have a single person on staff who voted for Trump, I believe. Don’t fall for the veneer of neutrality.
>>
>>200206000
Nah, NYT larps as being objective and impartial. Fox News doesn't at least
>>
>>200205815
80% of it is mostly true and 20% of it is pure shilling according to Matt Taibbi
>>
>>200206241

That is kind of the worst thing, that they're deceitful about it. Being aggressively leftist while pretending not. Newspapers in general are some of the most shamelessly biased pieces of media now.
>>
>>200205815
Because you can read everything for free with one browser addon lol
I do pay for the games app tho
>>
>>200205815
NYT sucks, Financial Times is superior in terms of geopolitics.
Also, if you have apple, you can subscribe to pretty much most of them for 12$.
New Yorker editorials are ok sometimes.
>>
>>200206330
just use archive.is
I'm pretty sure there's a bot that autoarchives everything anyway
>>
>>200206409
Nah, that GitHub extension is superior, literally loads without you doing anything.
>>
>>200206409
good website, I use for sites that don't work with the add on

for example haaretz, I think they have a team of people dedicated to busting pay wall trickerys. the add on breaks on their website after a few months
but archive.li always works
>>
>>200205815
I think it's hilarious that they say "good journalism is fundamental to democracy", but also that you need to pay to access any of it. So basically giving journalists money is fundamental to democracy, and if you're poor you don't deserve to have access to "a basic pillar of democracy".

But why is being informed about the world important anyway? Is it just a form of entertainment or do you think its important to being a better person?
It's all based on the idea that being informed about the world will make you a better citizen because then you can vote more knowledgeably. But really they're trying to influence your vote by selectively presenting facts to you. And they're making you pay for it. The truth is you have no power because all opinions are given to us by journalists, the media, academia, and the public education system.
I don't see any value in paying for my own propaganda, they should pay me to read it.
>>
>>200206579
Check Financial Times instead, superior when it comes to geopolitics.

You can read it with
https://github.com/iamadamdev/bypass-paywalls-chrome
>>
>>200206890
Its fine. Sometimes I read it.
>>
>>200206667
Yeah you're pretty much correct
I would say it's beneficial to be knowledgeable about the world itself but that doesn't mean keeping up with current events
>>
>>200205815
like >>200205854 said, shitlib bias
capitalist establishment propaganda

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.