[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/int/ - International

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: IMG_20240622_095010.jpg (111 KB, 975x850)
111 KB
111 KB JPG
India is not for beginners
>>
going to india was one of the worst experiences of my life

I say this as an indian. god I cannot imagine why any of my family want to live there

>inb4 fix it bro
it cannot be fixed. 400 million absolute morons live there, AT LEAST. thats an unfixable problem
>>
File: India scott steiner.webm (3.55 MB, 850x480)
3.55 MB
3.55 MB WEBM
>>200226122
Do indians have godlike immune systems because of their living conditions?
>>
>>200226146
people ask the same things about wild animals. that's not how immunity works.

when you are unhealthy and sleep deprived your immune system goes to shit. it's EASIER to become sick, not harder. most indians are sick all the time, most people in india are not healthy. the healthy indians just never really leave their houses or workplaces.
>>
>>200226180
>sleep deprived
A Egyptian just sent me a tour of his apartment
The only thing separating his "room" (basically the living room) and the living room is a tiny cardboard wall he pulls out

I would be sleep deprived all the time if i lived in his apartment
>>
>>200226122
Disagree, I went there as a kid. It was nice. It's a bit dirty but so is France. The actual bad part is all the people trying to sell you shit and the beggars following you for 10 minutes. Also mild diarrhea.

But otherwise if you have some money you live great. I think I've rarely lived so luxuriously as when I was a kid in India. It felt like I was a British colonial officer. Also many tourist amenities. Everyone speaks English. It's actually safe, probably safer than here. Indians act nice too (for your money but still).

Non beginner places for me would be in South America and North Africa, those were actually rough and sketchy. Nobody speaks English (a bit of French in North Africa), much more dangerous, not friendly to tourists at all.
>>
>>200226216
every single bed I slept in in india was total shit. like sleeping on a wooden plank. not to mention that even people with AC units don't use them for some retarded reason. it's worse than camping.

almost every single towel I used was dirty, even at $50 a night hotels. ONLY western style hotels (which cost like $150 a night in india) had clean towels.

blows my mind how dirty that country is. I didn't feel clean the entire time I was there.

and the strange thing is that even intelligent and wealthy people lived like this. all my family members, who would have very nice lives if they moved to the USA, lived like total shit, dealing with the heat and the dysfunctional laundry situation and the retarded dalit servants.

it's strange. it's not good. it seems like it would be easy to fix to me, so I am confused why nobody is fixing it.
>>
>>200226122
It is actually, there's services pandering to your every need everywhere, everything is cheap, railways are great

It's only the HEAT that's unbearable

>>200226141
You're not indian, you're american
>>
>>200226262
>>200226549
>>200226216

(TLDR: Everything is cheap, but you get what you pay for)

You are partially right, I am a third gen diaspora. My grandparents moved to the USA in ~1970s. India is still of course the country of my ancestors, not to mention my race, so I have a strong connection to the place.

The services you mention exist but they aren't good.

Food delivery apps are far better than they are in the USA. You can order anything using delivery apps like swiggy and it will arrive within 10 minutes, with the cost of delivery being like $1.

But the food you can get from restaurants on these apps is very low quality. For ~$5 you'll get a microwavable meal that you can buy for $4 in the USA at trader joes. In major cities like Hyderabad or Mumbai, you need to spend like $8-10 to get a good meal, but even the "good" restaurants on swiggy put like 10 ounces of cooking oil into every dish.

It was always a gamble whether I would get something I felt was healthy, safe, and tasty through those apps.

Food safety was a major issue in india (of course), and you can NEVER be certain that the food you order on swiggy is being cooked in a hygenic manner. Even in most restaurants this is a problem.

>railways are great

again, cheap, reliable, but NOT clean. Every train I rode on had trash in it. The bathrooms were absolutely filthy. The cross-country bus tickets I booked were much better - clean, new electric buses, it was a great experience despite having to board in the middle of a crowded street.

No rich person in india is isolated from all these issues. Like I was saying, even the wealthy dried their clothes on racks outside, had dust in their homes, didn't have adequate air filtration for the pollution.
>>
>>200226262
Good morning saar
>>
>>200226834
>My grandparents moved to the USA in ~1970s. India is still of course the country of my ancestors, not to mention my race, so I have a strong connection to the place.
Holy larp
What's the difference between you and the average viking larper in iceland exactly

If you had such a "strong connection" you'd think you'd have a minimal amount of tolerance to their way of life then
And wouldn't be whining about ''hard beds" (lol my poor princess)
>Food delivery apps are far better than they are in the USA. You can order anything using delivery apps like swiggy and it will arrive within 10 minutes, with the cost of delivery being like $1.
Are you really this lazy?
>But the food you can get from restaurants on these apps is very low
No shit
>It was always a gamble whether I would get something I felt was healthy, safe, and tasty through those apps.
>Food safety was a major issue in india (of course), and you can NEVER be certain that the food you order on swiggy is being cooked in a hygenic manner.
So what, you shit liquid a few days, take some meds and are ok for the remainder of the stay
>again, cheap, reliable, but NOT clean. Every train I rode on had trash in it. The bathrooms were absolutely filthy. The cross-country bus tickets I booked were much better - clean, new electric buses, it was a great experience despite having to board in the middle of a crowded street.
That's true though it's extremely dirty
>No rich person in india is isolated from all these issues. Like I was saying, even the wealthy dried their clothes on racks outside,
You don't do that in USA?
>had dust in their homes,
??? so?
>didn't have adequate air filtration for the pollution.
''Adequate air filtration'' jesus sorry but the other anon is right you are an American through and through, even to a European you sound completely disconnected from reality holy shit
>>
>>200227356
With very defensive replies your a jeet.
>>
File: 345643634534.png (296 KB, 537x385)
296 KB
296 KB PNG
>>200226122
true
>>
>>200227356
>And wouldn't be whining about ''hard beds" (lol my poor princess)
it's a basic problem that's endemic across the country

it's actually a great example of the basic steps that india hasn't even started to take to improve the lives of the indian people
>>
>>200226146
>That fucking webm
>my sides are gone
>>
>>200226549
>railways are great
Clearly you have no idea what you're talking about
t.jeet
>>
>>200226141
>>200226834
Is that just for Delhi? If I ever went to India (big if), I'd probably go to a remote region like Kashmir. Would that be clean?
>>
File: file.jpg (282 KB, 970x600)
282 KB
282 KB JPG
>>200229115
food safety issues in restaurants and air pollution are common across india. Delhi has the worst air pollution but its roads are slightly nicer and its restaurants are probably a bit safer (in commercial districts).

That being said - I shouldn't have been so negative. Traveling in india was very fun and I would actually recommend it if you are interested. Just expect to get sick, expect to not feel clean for a while. I would go back, despite what I said. Just wouldn't ever live there or stay as long as I did (I stayed for three months).

From a neutral perspective, if I wasn't indian - going to Brazil or Thailand would likely be a bit more exciting, unless you are specifically interested in mountaineering or religion.

I would recommend you buy a water filter like the Sawyer Squeeze and only drink water from that.
>>
File: Ema1yhiXcAAsGG7.jpg (25 KB, 600x600)
25 KB
25 KB JPG
>india is not for beginners

this is what s0yb0ys in india say
>>
>>200226122
India should be studied for how extreme conditions affect human beings. colonizing other planets would require a study of india
>>
I dream to go there but I already get bad diarrhea in baby mode third world countries like Thailand or Vietnam.
Think I'll go in Bangalore and only eat the safest possible food.
I love brown women so much it's unreal so I'm willing to risk my life for it.
>>
>>200226146
kek

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.