[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/int/ - International

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1715064058019427.jpg (1.72 MB, 2448x1080)
1.72 MB
1.72 MB JPG
I fucked up pretty badly at work today, I dont know if ill get the sack come tuesday...
in your country?
>>
>>200230916
Your mom got the sack on her chin.
>>
What did you do?
>>
>>200230916
somethings wrong w ur cat
>>
>>200230950
not funny, she's a good person
>>200230963
Im a kennel boy for this greyhound trainer. Got chewed out at first because 2 dogs didnt geet fed last night, I assumed since my boss was weighing out the meat for them that he would feed them, but I should have checked before I left anyway. This is bad because theyre in a $30,000 race and they get weighed or something and can potentially be stood down if they arent at the right weight (idk, I dont do the racing side of things). After he chewed me out for that I got nervous and ended up accidentally letting a dog that was in season into the yard when I was doing the sheds in the afternoon. Then there was a scrap and one or two of the dogs ended up getting bit. Boss was away for the afternoon so I had to tell his wife about it, and I had to leave without seeing him. Ive got my 2 days off now and wont see him until tuesday. He's going to be pissed and im going to have to talk to him next week and try to explain why im such a fuckup
>>
>>200231068
>not funny, she's a good person
I do my best to only fuck good people.
>>
>>200231068
I was once single-handedly blamed for a $400M loss for a publicly-traded company worth $6B. You'll get over it and even if the worst happens you'll find something else.
>>
>>200231068
Come what come may, time and the hour run through the roughest day
>>
>>200231162
I'll need to reread my contract to see if im culpable for anything. Outside of that worst comes to worst im back on the benefit. I still feel guilty though, there's no escaping that. Theyre good people and they give a retard like me a chance. My other job was like this, a marine painter ended up making supervisor because they liked me back I still kept fucking up. One time I added the wrong hardener when mixing paint and a group of 10 people had to spend 2 days painting and then scraping off the uncured paint, maybe a $15,000 cockup I estimate
>>
>>200231068
Time to drink
>>
>>200231168
not true, I still remember cringey shit from primary school
>>
>>200231224
I am
>>
>>200231211
I've never met a kennel boy nor have I met a marine painter and yet here they both are, embodied in one person in a 4chan thread
>>
>>200231211
I don't know what Australian laws are but if they're remotely close to American ones (and I assume they are because we're both anglos and common law and whatever) then there's not jack shit they can do for unintentional employee negligence. You would have to intentionally embezzle funds or something before you'd need to worry.

Again, there was once an earnings call for this multi-billion dollar corporation where one of 10,000 richest people on the planet had to get in front of a crew of Wall Street investment analysts and tell them "Yeah, the reason we lost hundreds of millions of dollars of your money this quarter is because of this one asshole [me]" and yet I never heard anything else from them after being fired.
>>
>>200231335
Im from new zealand, starlink just fucks up my location
>>
>>200231162
>>200231335
what the fuck did you do
>>
>>200231364
What region?
>>
>>200231401
place is too small, saying my region is tantamount to doxxing. That said im sadly still in the north island
>>
>>200231401
Honestly think ive said too much, there's a confidentiality thing in my contract
>>
>>200231416
Chin up buddy I'm sure you'll be fine
>>
File: 1721431712220502.jpg (322 KB, 1586x1721)
322 KB
322 KB JPG
>>200230916
I constantly do things I'm not supposed to do, take illogical decicions or otherwise fuck shit up at work but I still haven't been fired. This must be because I work for a government-owned company. Any employer in the private sector would've fired my useless ass a long time ago.

Does this happen in your countries?
>>
>>200231532
youre russian though, everyone is incompetent over there
>>
>>200231532
>Does this happen in your countries?
Yes, public employees are unfireable and get more vacations and benefits than the rest. Everyone wants to be one in this shithole.
>>
>>200231388
>study accounting and finance
>get hired by company right out of uni
>head of department who has been there forever takes a liking to me and eventually goes out of his way to teach me everything he knows
>he eventually decides I can be trusted with the secrets of his transfer pricing process
>he's got an insane carousel of intracompany sales going on that are not valued properly at all and ultimately result in us paying almost no corporate tax
>I am almost certain that the way this is structured is taking advantage of a loophole at best and is outright illegal at worst
>express this to him
>he tells me it's totally fine, they ran this by consultants many years ago, and to shut the fuck up and do what I'm told
>comply because I like the paycheck
>he eventually leaves to go to a different company
>I get promoted to his old position and keep things rolling the way they were before because I'd get fired immediately if there were any significant increase in our tax payments as a result of me trying to change things
>after a couple of years the government of the territory we've been running the transactions through finally catches on to the fact that we're blatantly cheating them
>they declare everything we've done for the past four years to be illegal and demand back taxes with interest
>get kept on through the entire legal and appeal process up until the need to repay the authorities becomes irrevocable, at which point I get fired and personally blamed for the massive loss that quarter
>>
>>200231607
That doesnt sound like a cockup
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9z9yco3V-H8
>>
>>200231607
Lmao sounds like that guy set you up to take the fall
>>
File: shiro kuro kuma.jpg (367 KB, 902x860)
367 KB
367 KB JPG
Lets get the promotions
>>
>>200231706
I think he was in a similar position to what I was, with the only difference being that it was the outside consultants (KPMG btw) who told him it was OK to do it instead of a previous manager. And also the fact that he got out on time.
>>
>>200231607
wow
what a story
>>
bruh don't you know the Biden economy is the best job market in a generation? baka

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.