[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/int/ - International

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: calligraphy31.webm (2.09 MB, 1280x682)
2.09 MB
2.09 MB WEBM
Calligraphy (not mine) edition

>What language(s) are you learning?
>Share language learning experiences!
>Ask questions about your target language!
>Help people who want to learn a new language!
>Participate in translation challenges or make your own!
>Make frens!

Read the wiki:
https://4chanint.miraheze.org/wiki/The_Official_/int/_How_to_Learn_A_Foreign_Language_Guide_Wiki

Useful links:
>Free language-learning book archive:
https://mega.nz/folder/INlRkAQC#CthKI9-_kmDNyrOx12Ojbw
>Books on linguistics and language courses:
https://mega.nz/#F!Ad8DkLoI!jj_mdUDX_ay-8D9l3-DbnQ
>Assorted language resources and some nice visual guides:
https://pastebin.com/ACEmVqua (embed)
>Torrents with more resources than you'll ever need for 30 plus languages:
https://archive(dot)ph/x0dFH
>List of trackers for most language-learning packs:
https://files.catbox.moe/nmrn8x.txt
>Ukrainianon's list of commercial courses from rutracker.org:
https://archive(dot)is/R2feT
>Russianon’s list of comprehensible input resources:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1wXd0V32TjCFsr1-F_en_lA4MI-i7JtyYf26cWLtPRec
>Massive collection of textbooks on various languages, sorted by family
https://theswissbay.ch/pdf/Books/Linguistics/
>/lang/ inpoot torrents
https://rentry.org/inpoot

FAQ U:
>How do I learn a language? What is the best way to learn one? How should I improve on certain aspects?
Read the FUCKING wiki.
>Should I learn lang Y so I can learn lang X?
Yes (Hittite, so you can learn Akkadian).
>What is the most useful language?
Malay.
>What language should I learn?
Taman.

Old thread:
>>201105209
Old challenge(s):
>>201105688
>>
File: 1.png (103 KB, 420x606)
103 KB
103 KB PNG
>>201201673
The previous thread died when I post this so I am posting it again.
Interested in deciphering German folk songs?
This one is a Bavarian song.
holn: holen, wolln: wollen, and likewise
kumma: komme
i: ich
koa: kaum
zsamm: zusammen
ned/nix: nicht
amoi: einmal
umasonst: umsonst?
stoanan: stöhnen?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j8bnhQmBoGM
>>
File: 1696249453807102.png (244 KB, 720x576)
244 KB
244 KB PNG
>>201201673
That's a weird way of holding the brush. What do you think, 香港同志?
>>
File: 1710981489094357.png (142 KB, 475x496)
142 KB
142 KB PNG
hold on a second...
what the FUCK are you doing in Hong Kong
>>
Can you possibly forget a language? I want to forget arabic, I hate this fucking hellhole
>>
>>201201038
>Syria
just flee to Germany if your family is too oppressive desu
>the journey of learning arabic is really painful and discouraging
>learning this fucking language has caused me to lose motivation at everything else in my life
>i feel really trapped since i don't want to learn this language and it really hurts me when i do
why? it's not fun or interesting? too many religious texts?
it's a hard language and you can be proud of making it to intermediate. if you don't want to learn anymore maybe you should stop and call it a day. it's probably enough to talk with your family, and you will learn more passively by speaking with them.
>i would love to learn how to draw, but everytime i make a silly looking drawing i physically cringe at it
iktf. try one drawing a day; just anything that comes to mind, nothing too fancy. I haven't been doing it recently either, but it will soon look better if you keep it up.
>>201203295
damn, Arabic is really getting it today
yes you can even forget your native language if you don't use or hear it for say a few years. but you probably can't if you're around Arabic speakers.
>>
File: 1723749893858758.jpg (20 KB, 316x426)
20 KB
20 KB JPG
New challenge, >>201199593 edition : Brazilian anon gets a white gf

Simple sentences:
1) He has met a blonde girl at the café.
2) They are walking in the park together.
3) She likes listening to Brazilian music.

Sentences of medium difficulty:
1) They decided to go to the cinema for their first date.
2) He introduced her to his friends and everyone got on well.
3) She loves Brazilian culture and is starting to learn Portuguese.

Complicated sentences:
1) Even though they come from different backgrounds, they always find things in common and get on wonderfully.
2) They often discuss the cultural differences between Brazil and his country, which enriches their relationship.
3) They have realised that love transcends cultural and ethnic boundaries, and they are happy to share their lives.
>>
File: 1721453112591589.png (408 KB, 976x850)
408 KB
408 KB PNG
>we will always be gweilos, gringos and gaijins to them
>>
Are there any decent French podcasts? I feel like everyone in France stands so much on ceremony they don't have time for new media like that
>>
>>201204211
What's the russian equivalent of gaijin ?
>>
Getting a hard-on thinking about how with each passing day I am getting better and better at this language
>>
>>201205093
a human
>>
>>201205093
Pindos I guessswm2
>>
>>201204637
Parler Comme Jamais (Linguistics podcast that blows everything out of the water and goes beyond le funny reddit linguistics.)

Gépolitis (best geopolitics show)

Lots of great podcasts made by Binge Audio, though many discontinued post-Corona. Arte has some good stuff as well.
>>
Inpoot bros, why are you not using Hypnotix yet?

>watch tv in any country
>keep up with da news while inpooting
>you can pick a country to learn your Target Dialect
>north korean too
>for free

<half the channels dont fucking work doe
>>
>>201204087
Ele encontrou uma loirinha na cafeteria*
Estão caminhando num parque juntos
Ela gosta de escutar música brasileira

Decidiram ir ao cinema* para o primeiro encontro deles
Ele a introduziu aos amigos dele e todos (se deram bem)*
Ela adora a cultura brasileira e está começando a aprender português

"Loirinha" está correto? Aprendi essa palavra em uma música mas quando pesquiso, acho imagens não apropriadas para este fio
>>
>>201204637
>I feel like everyone in France stands so much on ceremony they don't have time for new media like that
lol
>>201204211
(you) certainly
>>
>>201204637
Depends what you're looking for. I've found most French podcasts are pretty formal. Like people presenting information on a topic or having a formal discussion. These types of easier to understand because they speak more clearly. If you google you'll get tons of recommendations for those types of podcasts.
If you're looking for something that's more difficult with natural speech there's Cosy Corner and Floodcast. It's just dudes hanging out and talking. Lots more slang, talking over each other, and random discussion.
>>
>>201205591
>Gépolitis (best geopolitics show)
link? can't find it by searching besides a couple of old facebook posts
>>
>>201207337
Esqueci a esclarecer: as palavras (e expressões) com * eu procurei pq não as conhecia
>>
>>201207431
It's also on youtube, Géopolitis
>>
Should I watch CI videos without and then with target language subtitles, or is that a waste of time and I should stick with watching them without subtitles?
Target language is french, if that matters
>>
>>201208071
If the subtitles match, then they are a must early on. If you can't find Closed Captions, you can try transcribing your videos with whisper, though I don't know how good it is at transcribing French.
>>
Is there a good page to check the pronunciation of Korean words? Something like howjsay.com but for Korean? Also,
>vowel length changes meaning
>vowel length is not indicated in writing
God damn it.
>>
>>201203295
honestly? Yes you can but you need the right environment. I'm actually starting to forget Arabic and I didn't know to what extent until very recently when I had to write an email in Standard Arabic (something I haven't done since I graduated high school in 2018) and I completely fucked the whole thing, I forget some grammar rules and how to say certain things, I had to show the whole thing to my younger sister who's still studying in school to make sure I don't sound illiterate.
In my daily life (at the comfort of my home) I do everything in English. Thinking, studying, working, reading etc., with my family I have always spoken nothing but Amazigh since I belong to an Amazigh tribe, and I only use Moroccan Arabic for basic daily life occurrences and even that is rare because I'm an introvert and I only go out when necessary.

Sometimes I take a peak at /mena/ and I have to squint and read slowly to understand the Arabic spoken there, as if Arabic is my TL instead of it being one of my native languages.
If you remove yourself from a dominantly Arabic environment you'll forget it after years due to lack of consumption and use. "language maintenance" is a thing and it applies to mother tongues too.
Us Amazigh can segregate ourselves from Arabic but I imagine it's a not so easy task for you Lebanon bro/sis
>>
>>201208325
How early on are you talking about? I'm ~15 hours in, but I studied french in middle and high school, so I skipped most stuff for absolute beginners. Right now I'm watching videos that are graded A2/B1/intermediate and I would say it's 85-95% comprehensible without subtitles.
>>
>>201208800
do you live in one of those amazigh majority areas in morocco?
>>
>>201206232
I just watch via VLC (albeit with a different stream playlist) — it just works (at least most of the time).
>>
>>201208792
Youglish Korean
>>
>>201208792
I know this dictionary gives the readings and sound clip for every word: https://krdict.korean.go.kr/eng/mainAction
I don't think there's actually that many words that are contrasted by length. Off the top of my head I can only think of eye/snow and night/chestnut
>>
>>201209103
I'm from the green area off the Med coast where "Tarifit" is spoken but I live in Tangier
>>
>>201207337
>"Loirinha" está correto?
Está certo, mas é um jeito bem informal de falar. Talvez seja inapropriado em uma situação mais formal, como no trabalho.
>>
>>201209288
>>201209448
Thanks Anons, krdict is perfect. Also, good to hear that vowel length probably doesn't often make a difference. I also just learned that they use the same word (쥐) for rat and cramp, kek. Typing in Korean is also not easy when you haven't memorized the key positions yet because you need to be quick for the letters to connect into a unit properly.
>>
>>201210435
>you need to be quick for the letters to connect into a unit properly.
Maybe it's different with my system but I've never had that issue.
It might help to have a picture of the keyboard on your screen when you're typing. If you're also using the standard 두벌식 it helps to remember that similar letters are grouped together (letters that can double on the top row, aspirated on the bottom row alongside most horizontal vowels, etc)
>>
>>201209451
are there any big cities in morocco where amazigh languages are the majority? can you write in tifinagh
>>
>>201201830
stoanan = steinernen (steinern in the accusative)
>>
>>201210923
Yeah I should probably print out the layout or sth. I plan on typing and writing the word when I study vocab, so it probably won't take too long to memorize the layout.
>>
>>201203374
>it's not fun or interesting? too many religious texts
Yeah 90% of arab internet is either retarded clickbait shit or ”[random nobody] DESTROYS ATHEISTS, watch till the end”, I can’t imagine how someone could bear watching that, I feel sorry for him.
>but you probably can't if you're around Arabic speakers.
I plan on leaving this shithole, I can read and write in english just as well as arabic, I genuinely don’t feel like I have a native language.
>>201208800
>I do everything in English. Thinking, studying, working, reading etc.,
Same along with french
>If you remove yourself from a dominantly Arabic environment you'll forget it after years due to lack of consumption and use.
Yeah I plan on leaving in the future so this shouldn’t be a problem.
>Us Amazigh can segregate ourselves from Arabic but I imagine it's a not so easy task for you Lebanon bro/sis
I can relate to your story, it’s nice to see i’m not the only one feeling like this, you’re just lucky enough to claim amazigh as your native language, I don’t have that privilege, I hate this country and its people so much man.
>>
>>201204087
>Fácil
Él ha encontrado una chica rubia en el bar.
Están caminando juntos en el parque.
A ella, le gusta escuchar la música brasileña.

>Mediano
Han decido de ir al cine para su primera cita.
Él ha introduido a ella a sus amigos y todo el mundo se llevan bien.
A ella le encanta la cultura brasileña y empeza aprender el portugués.
>>
>>201211083
>are there any big cities in morocco where amazigh languages are the majority
Agadir is the only big city that I can think of with a significant number of Amazigh dialects speakers, though I don't know if the majority speak it, maybe just a little over half of the population. The rest are all small to medium-sized towns and villages.
>can you write in tifinagh
Yes. I studied for 2 years during primary school in our Amazigh town before we moved to Tangier and they taught us the Tifinagh script, although after I came here I forgot it from lack of use since Amazigh is 95% of the time spoken rather than written, but I went back and taught myself the script again. public institutions started using Amazigh alongside Arabic and French in recent years and seeing the Tifinagh script on their walls definitely helped me to not forget it again.

>>201212136
>Same along with french
Yeah French is also a language that made lots of highly educated and career-focused people here slowly forget Arabic
>Yeah I plan on leaving in the future so this shouldn’t be a problem.
>I can relate to your story, it’s nice to see i’m not the only one feeling like this, you’re just lucky enough to claim amazigh as your native language, I don’t have that privilege, I hate this country and its people so much man.
I wish you the best of luck from the bottom of my heart. I've always loved you all and felt anger on your behalf for how things turned out. It's extra frustrating when you see nationalistic, islamic retards make it outside to Europe or whatever easily while secular people who know multiple languages, no criminal background and can adapt to foreign cultures are stuck with no luck.
I'm sure everything will turn out okay as long as you don't stop and keep trying.
>>
>>201204087
Phrases simples:
1) Il a rencontré une femme blonde à la café
2) Ils marchent ensemble dans le parc
3) Elle adore la musique brèsilienne

Phrases moyennes:
3) Elle adore la culture brèsilienne et elle commence apprend le portugais
>>
>>201213932
It's pretty good, just a few minor mistakes:
>1) Il a rencontré une femme blonde à la café
Café is masculine so it's 'le café'.
à + le = au, so instead of saying 'à le café' you'd say 'au café'.
>3) Elle adore la culture brèsilienne et elle commence apprend le portugais
elle commence à apprendre.
Here's a little rule: when a verb follow an another, the 2nd verb is ALWAYS infinitive, never conjugated.
Example: I like to eat = j'aime manger; I like to drink = j'aime boire; I want to go = je veux aller
>>
>>201214290
thanks for the input
>>
File: 1723769287736577.jpg (178 KB, 766x645)
178 KB
178 KB JPG
Para os que aprendem o português, acabei de deparar-me com este sítio que me parece muito útil
https://www.infopedia.pt/dicionarios/lingua-portuguesa/sainete
>>
>>201204637
Si tu es fasho ou nazi, tu peux écouter Dempart. C'est très informel et il faut un bon niveau en français pour comprendre ce qu'on dit
>>
I just finished reviewing a deck with 560 reviews scheduled and it only took me 35 minutes
I had assumed it was hopeless
>>
>>201215516
Esse site aí é o equivalente ao dicionário Oxford da língua inglesa. Só que eles colocam paywall nos dicionários bilíngues.
>>
>find deck on ankiweb for friend
>personally not a flashcard person, but sure, I'll help them learn their way
>try to open
>>You have to download them and then reupload them to ankiweb!
>decide premade deck is shit
>make own
>working good
>create almost 100 additional well-made cards into anki
>anki syncs to ankiweb
>deletes all my cards
>doesn't make backup first
>doesn't notify that it is going to clobber an hour of work
Why do people suck this program's dick so much? It's absolute trash. It's UX is worse than The GIMP, and it has data-deleting race conditions, apparently. I want to vomit on it's creators face until he drowns. REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>201204087
Il a renconté une blonde à le café.
Ils sont après courir ensemble dans le parc.
Al aime écouter à la musique Brasilian.

Ils décidaient aller sur les vues pour leur première rencard.
Il la présentait à ses amis et tout le monde s'entend bien.
Al aime la culture Brasilian et commence à apprendre portugais.

Bien qu'ils viennent d'origines differents, ils trouvent toujours des chose qu'ils partagent et s'entendent merveilleusement.
Ils s'entretenir souvent sur les differences culturelles entre Brasil et son pays, que accroît leur relation.
Ils réalisent que l'amour transcende les limites culturelles et ethniques, et ils sont heureux de partager leurs vies.
>>
>>201216980
It should have warned you that the differences between your local deck and the ankiweb deck were too great and so you had to choose which direction you wanted to sync
>>
>>201218492
Should have. Didn't. Probably some edge-case bug, but still, really shitty. It was apparently supposed to backup as well, but the backup doesn't seem to be there either.
>>
>>201216980
>fuck up
>blame the program
Maybe picrel would be more your speed
>>
>>201201830
>koa: kaum
kein
Bavarian oa mostly relates to standard German ei
>>
How would you say "I've never had sex in my entire life" in your TL?
>>
Anytime I browse 4chan outside of /lang/ I will transcribe all posts I read (OPs don't count) into AngloSaxon Runes.

Based or is there something more efficient source text wise? Imagine if someone cracked the code lmao
>>
What do you guys do once the deck is 100% mature?
>>
>>201213005
>decido
decidido
>introduido
presentado, introducir/introducido means 'to insert'
>empeza
empieza

I can't speak much to your vocab choices as I am not a native speaker, but those are the obvious mistakes. Overall I think you may be overusing haber + past participle, but, again, all I have I standard school Spanish so this may be used more often in less formal Spanish.
>>
>>201220473
Add more cards?
>>
>>201220593
Too lazy, I just downloaded another premade deck
>>
>>201220633
Pre-made decks won't teach you cool words bro
There's no English pre-made deck with yellowcake for example
>>
https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/baldachim

Interesting. When and why did the n mutate into an m?
>>
File: 1.png (79 KB, 630x878)
79 KB
79 KB PNG
>>201211919
>>201220364
> oa mostly relates to standard German ei
Thanks for the corrections!
I wonder if Germans and Austrians outside Bavarian regions can understand Bavarian easily? If I understand correctly Austrians speak a Bavarian-like dialect.
A sentence like this is almost incomprehensible for me without look up conversion tables.
>Oiss Guade zum Geburtsdog, Glück und Gsundheit, dua schee feiern und lass da's guad geh!
>>201202785
If they can write I don't care how they hold the brush really.
>>
>>201220874
start Northern Brit dialect maxing

skriking
mard
chorving
mither
>>
im so fucking dumb. cannot learn shit. giving up.
>>
>>201221497
Tatsumoto's guide you shilled isn't actually working I take it? (THIS IS SARCASM)
>>
>>201221536 (me)
Wait, fuck, wrong thread lmao. すみません
>>
Of course I forgot to do my reps all the way up to 5 AM and only remembered at the exact moment the clock struck 5
>>
>>201221497
this is me with my 45% retention stats
>i hate kanji i hate kanji i hate kanji
>>
>>201219800
>program auto does something and fails catastrophically
>its your fault
Steve Jobs, is that you?
>>
>>201220475
Thanks bro, but yeah I am still not used to know for sure when to use simple past or present perfect in spanish even though I'm pretty sure it's analogous to how they are used in english
>>
anyone else here learning arabic? i need some practice.

... anyone?
>>
>>201203374
>why? it's not fun or interesting?
pretty much

>it's a hard language and you can be proud of making it to intermediate.
i would be proud... if my family and relatives didn't make fun of my accent and such. it probably does sound funny but it stings a little. also if i'm arguing and they're losing they just make fun of my speech.

>>201203295
my brother
>>
Reminder that Nabokov was basically trilingual (ru-en-fr) since early childhood, but he was filtered by German, even though he lived in Germany at some point. It's impossible to learn even 5 German words.
>>
>>201221497
You have to dredge through and eventually it starts to click
>>
>>201222555
Yeah its difficult, I would essentially just default to the preterite/imperfect unless the action has specific relevance to the present.
Looking back at the challenge itself, it seems the original poster overused some perfects though, even such that the first sentence sounds a bit strange in English.
With perfect in all the sentences it makes it sound like he is checking off items from some sort of girlfriend bucket list.
I guess what that means is that while it would be natural to focus on the events themselves and use the preterite or imperfect, the perfect kind of shifts the emphasis away from the fun times anon had with his gf and onto just the simple fact that he has checked them off the list.

I suppose that's the best way to summarize it:
Do you want to emphasise the event itself? -> preterite
Do you want to emphasise the present state of the world given that the event has happened? -> perfect.
And then there's the imperfect as well...
The wikipedia page on the Spanish Verb has some good reading.
>>
>>201223364
I think you are using tense names wrong:
preterite perfect simple: decidí
preterite perfect composed: he decidido
preterite imperfect: decidía
>>
>>201204087
Simple sentences:
1) Conoció una chavala rubia en el café
2) Caminan en el parque juntos
3) A ella le gusta escuchar música brazileña

Sentences of medium difficulty:
1) Decidieron ir al cine para su primera cita
2) La presentó a sus amigos y todos se caeron bien
3) Le encanta la cultura brazileña y ya ha empezado a aprender el portugues

Complicated sentences:
1) Aún que vienen desde culturas diferentes, siempre encontran cosas en comun y se llevan maravillosamiente
2) A menudo discuten las diferencias cultural entre Brazil y el país de él, enriquecendo su relación
3) Han concluido que el amor transcende los confines culturales y étnicos, y están felíz de compartir su vida
>>
>>201204087
>간단한 문장
그는 가페에 금발의 여자를 만났다
그들은 공원에 걸어가는 거에요
그녀는 브라질 음악을 좋아해요

>중간 정도의 어려움의 문장
첫 데이트를 위해 시네마에 가는 걸 결정핬습니다
그는 친구에게 그녀를 소개했고 모두 잘 어울려요
그녀는 브라질 문화 맘들고 포어 배우기 시작해요
>>
>>201204087
Bha e air amas air caileag bàn.
Tha iad nan coiseachd anns a' phàirc.
'S math leatha éisteachd ri ceòl brasileach.

Roghainnich iad a dol aig an taigh-dhealbh mar a' chiad dheit.
>>
>>201223591
I'm just using the names from wikipedia; they match the English words they gave for them in school. From what I can see the Spanish names for the tenses have a bunch of "pretérito"s thrown into them where only one(?) of them, pretérito indefinido, is called preterite in English.
>>
Hello! I don't really know how to ask this, but do any of the anons here have any advice on helping non-english speakers learn English? I've never taught anyone anything but I've picked up an interest in possibly teaching English abroad.

I want to actually try and practice lesson planning and such by making small videos and stuff to help people on the internet. Oversaturated market, I know... But it's still worth trying!

Also, ESL anons... Any tips from you all? Anything specific you struggled to grasp, maybe a good place I could kind of start from to not overwhelm beginners? I want to actually be effective as a teacher, so I would really appreciate your input!

Sorry if this isn't really thread appropriate. I'm just kind of excited to finally try stuff like this and I want to get as many pointers on it as possible!

Thank you for your time!
>>
>>201225055
Three ways
1. start a youtube channel and become the new MrBeast or whatever youtubers people care about these days, maybe you could play minecraft
2. create comprehensible input and release it on youtube
3. make a podcast in which you talk about random topics in easy English
>>
>>201225055
Download a few English coursebooks to get an idea of how lessons for beginners should be structured: https://elt.oup.com/student/navigate/
>>
>>201225055
First and foremost you should understand the different reasons why would someone learn English. Basically pick between Conversation English, Business English or Kid's English. From that, do your research on the techniques and common needs, for instance someone who just wants to communicate in English doesn't actually need all that grammar crap and would rather just jump into the action straight ahead, while business people would like to appear polite and educated.
Do what the other Greekanon said and research beginner ESL books.
As for the tips, I have none lol. I've learnt English mainly from 10 years of passive inpoot from the Internet like a baby. There are way more efficient ways than that.
>>
>>201225194
I plan to try to make easy to understand little introductions to English concepts. I have some friends who speak other languages, one of them offered to translate and work with me to make a few videos in his language for beginners! I'm kind of excited to try that. I feel like I may learn something! : )

>>201225273
Thank you for the resources Greek fren! I've been looking for some basic courses, but I'm retarded and don't really know the best of places to find these kinds of things. I have some grammar books for English that I was structuring around, but I feel like they're a bit too advanced for beginner content... : /
>>
>>201225427
I'm not sure exactly what I would want to specialize in. I figure general communication for casual conversations?

I kind of had the idea to present the basic words I'd need to set up the ability to describe things first?

Teaching things like "This is a:" and "It is:" so I can visually introduce nouns, descriptions and verbs before I explain them. Idk if that's too childish though.

And yeah, grammar can be dull. id start off with the bare minimum for sure. : )
>>
>>201225549
>Thank you for the resources Greek fren! I've been looking for some basic courses, but I'm retarded and don't really know the best of places to find these kinds of things. I have some grammar books for English that I was structuring around, but I feel like they're a bit too advanced for beginner content... : /
Note that the actual textbooks aren't on the site, but you can find them on libgen.
>>
>>201225866
Yeah, but they have word lists! I'm pretty new to actually taking my English seriously beyond occasionally being a grammar Nazi to friends, so that alone is a huge help in understanding what I should kind of plan around and aim to teach! I'll be sure to pick up the textbooks too.
: D
>>
>>201224993
That's because english doesn't have a preterite imperfect.
>>
Kes (1969) is D1-tier listening practice, my god.
Like, they use tha/thee interchangably with 'you', 'thissen' for 'yourself', reduce 'the' to just barely audible 't' etc.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-gqpQqgtqKU
The teacher speaks more or less normally, but the kid's accent is crazy.
>>
>>201204087
> Facile
Il a recontré une blonde au café.
Ils se promènent ensemble dans le parc.
Elle aime écouter de la musique brésilienne.

> Moyen
Ils ont décidé d'aller au cinéma pour leur premier rendez-vous.
Il l'a présentée à ses amis et tout le monde s'est bien entendu.
Elle aime la culture brésilienne et elle commence à apprendre le portugais.

> Difficile
Bien qu'ils viennent d'origines différentes, ils se trouvent toujours des choses communes et s'etendent bien merveilleux.
Ils discutent souvent les différences culturelles entre le Brésil et son pays, ce qui enrichit leur relation.
Ils ont compris que l'amour transcende les frontières culturelles et ethniques et ils sont heureux de partager leur vie.
>>201217092
> Il a renconté une blonde à le café.
* recontré ; * une blonde au café
> Ils sont après courir ensemble dans le parc.
"They're after running together in the park"?
> Al aime écouter à la musique Brasilian.
* elle aime * de la musique brésilienne

> Ils décidaient aller sur les vues pour leur première rencard.
* d'aller ; "sur les vues"? ; * premier rencard (masculine word)
> Il la présentait à ses amis et tout le monde s'entend bien.
* s'entendait (needs to be in the past sense)
> Al aime la culture Brasilian et commence à apprendre portugais.
* elle aime la culture brésilienne
>>
>>201217092
>>201228632
> Bien qu'ils viennent d'origines differents, ils trouvent toujours des chose qu'ils partagent et s'entendent merveilleusement.
* des choses
> Ils s'entretenir souvent sur les differences culturelles entre Brasil et son pays, que accroît leur relation.
"ils s'entretenir"? ; * entre le Brésil

>>201214290
Anything I might've missed from the above review?
>>
>>201203295
>I want to forget arabic
Rude
>I hate this fucking hellhole
Now that I can relate. But knowing a language is usually a good thing and trying to forget it wouldn't add anything to your life
>>201222751
I stopped learning because I have to learn german. I only know basics tho.
>>
>>201204087
er hat ein blondes Mädchen im Café getroffen.
sie gehen gemeinsam im Park spazieren.
sie hört gern brasilianische Musik.

sie haben entschieden zu ihrem ersten Date ins Kino zu gehen.
er stellt sie seinen Frenden vor und alle kommon miteinander gut aus.
sie liebt brasilianische Kultur und fängt an, portugiesisch zu lernen.

obwohl sie aus unterschiedlichen Hintergründen stammen, finden sie immer Gemeinsamkeiten und verstehen sich wunderbar.
sie besprechen oft über den kulturellen Unterschied zwischen Brasil und ihrem Land, was ihre Beziehung bereichert.
es ist ihnen klargeworden dass Liebe kulturelle und ethnische Grenze überschreitet und sie teilen gern ihre Leben.
>>
>>201223115
Mark Twain was filtered by German too
>>
>>201221374
>I wonder if Germans and Austrians outside Bavarian regions can understand Bavarian easily? If I understand correctly Austrians speak a Bavarian-like dialect.
All Austrian dialects except the one spoken in Vorarlberg belong to the same family as the Bavarian dialect. So yes, largely mutually intelligible, though there are obviously differences in vocabulary and pronunciation. For example, in Austria, we pronounce p-b and d-t largely the same and we usually don't aspirate them. In Bavaria, they often still aspirate, which is one of the main ways for me to clock a Bavarian vs. an Austrian. I think in general, Austrians have less trouble understanding someone from Bavaria vs the other way around, with the dialects from Upper/Lower Austria, the upper/Western parts of Salzburg, upper parts of Styria and Vienna being easiest to understand for Bavarians. Tyrolean is sometimes hard to understand for other Austrians even. Vorarlberg dialect is Allemanic in nature, so closer to Swiss German and it's an ongoing meme that the rest of Austria can't understand them.
>>
File: 1c5.png (92 KB, 1200x1125)
92 KB
92 KB PNG
>>201201673
>ink smearing, japan
>>
>>201227547
heh, did you take my >>201221395 advice?

>'thissen' for 'yourself'
You can also say "yasen" I say "mesen" (myself) sometimes in a jokey manner.
>reduce 'the' to just barely audible 't' etc.
It's not quite this simple. A lot of people try to be funny here by sticking it in front of everything to imitate Northerners but it doesn't quite work that way.

Another thing we do is stick "th-'" sounds in front of words unnecessarily: th-ospital is a classic example,
>>
>russian
>spanish
>german

I’m more interested in russian but I probably will never use it, spanish would be easy to learn because I already speak english and french, german would be the most useful one in my case
Which one do you guys recommend?
>>
>>201228867
>I stopped learning
good. don't start again. it's a useless language unless your family is arab. learning this shitty language drained me of all passion and motivation i had in my life, and now i don't truly enjoy anything anymore.
>>
>>201227463
? Not sure what your point is. Why would English need to have something in order to have a word for it?
Preterite is generally just a vague term describing the basic perfective past tense of a language.
Even the famously aspect-agnostic German has a conjugation which is traditionally called 'Präteritum' or something.
The Spanish words use this for essentially any verb declension having anything to do with the past despite having no perfective aspect.
In fact it appears that Spanish 'pretérito' = English 'past', and that Spanish 'pretérito is a false cognate of English 'preterite'.
French's own names for their verb declensions for example are much more isomorphic with the English names, however they appear to opt for 'passé simple' rather than preterite, perhaps because the more salient feature of this conjugation is that it is simple (i.e. noncompound) rather than perfective.
>>
>>201234546
I looked it up and apparently 'preterite' had been used in the past synonymously with 'past' in English as well, and that English's simple past can also be called the preterite.
Makes sense why such terminology is avoided now in lieu of more specific terms.
>>
>>201232949
The one you fell like doing. So Russian.
>>
>>201228632
>>201228733
Thanks, you caught some good mistakes.
>"They're after running together in the park"?
'être après + INF' is a dialectical expression characteristic of Northeastern US French, and perhaps of Canada as well, though I am not sure.
Same for 'les vues', it is a dialectical expression, short for 'les vues animées', and 'Al' as 'Elle', but perhaps that last one is a bit too eye-dialect for my tastes, I think I'll just stick to writing it Elle.
>>
>>201232056
Interesting. Thank you for the explanations!
>>
>>201234546
Preterite is just a synonym for past.
>>
>>201235351
> 'être après + INF' is a dialectical expression characteristic of Northeastern US French, and perhaps of Canada as well, though I am not sure.
Now that's intriguing: vaguely remember that Maine & Vermont have a thing going (albeit largely in the latter IIRC) — on this end the phrasing felt to me like Irish English.
>>
>>201235932
Yeah and almost the same construction is used for a proximate past in Scottish Gaelic. But from my sources, it is unlikely to have come from Irish influence, as such consructions are also found in dialects of European French.
>>
>>201232056
is vorarlber that region that wanted to join switzerland but was rejected?
>>
>>201238636
Yeah, after WW1.
>>
>>201234231
>don't start again.
I will start again
>it's a useless language unless your family is arab.
My family is arab
>>
>havent done today's anki reps yet
it's over
>>
I'm going to play on lobbies from my TL, I'll have someone who speaks the language help me communicate but I'll do my best to manage most communication on my own. the biggest problem is that I'm incredibly shy.
>>
How should I practice for toefl ibt? Especially speaking and writing. I don't have money to pay for conversation lessons ;_;
>>
I haven't done a thing in three days
>>
>>201239360
I did the same and people were always friendly. Many of them said it was cool that I learned their language this way.
>>
>>201239360
I have this exact same problem, I think I'm embarrassed myself on a discord vc once
>>
Fuck I don't know what to do. I'm studying Chinese because I have to but it's intonation fucking rasping my ears so I gave up today, deleted all my flashcards videos, unsubscribed and unfollowed all the Chinese accounts. I can't imagine holding a conversation more than an hour without getting a headache. In addition Chinese culture also really doesn't attract me. I don't know if I'm going to be willing to consume media in Chinese. Instead I really wanted to study Japanese because it sounds like a calming melody but today I've come to a realisaiton that it's far more useless than Chinese. I fear that I will end up with a language that I can't do anything but watching anime without subtitles and talking with cute girls maybe. No philosophy, no literature, no approachable people, no kino media besides fucking loli animes. It's like they are designed just to work, no soul. I just watched a video about Japanese people if they would like a foreigner friend and that one girl said it's considered weird to hug people for goodbye.
>picrel
They can't even maintain an eye contact during daily talks. Look at her. Standing there like a fucking soldier and acting like she is talking with an alien. What the fuck is wrong with east asian people? It's like they are living in their own world and don't want us there.
I'm gonna stick to the German and never give up again.
>>
>>201240643
We have another jordie folks, that's our third.
Jordie the OG
Polish Jordie
And now turkish Jordie
>>
>>201240643
>They can't even maintain an eye contact during daily talks. Look at her. Standing there like a fucking soldier and acting like she is talking with an alien.
That's the best part.
It's probably for the best that you give up and focus exclusively on German since both languages are absolute fucking bitches that require a shitload of effort
>>
>>201235729
Yes but in its modern usage in English it is usually used only to refer specifically to a simple past with perfective meaning, whereas in Spanish 'pretérito' seems to be used more broadly.
Because of this the names of the common Romance verb conjugations look quite different in English/French/Italian vs Spanish:
E. Preterite = F. Passé Simple = S. Pretérito Indefinido
E. Imperfect = F. Imparfait = S. Pretérito Imperfecto
E. Present Perfect = F. Passé Composé = S. Pretérito Perfecto
The last one is interesting in that the English terminology is in a sense more accurate, being that the primary meaning of these conjugations is present tense but with perfect aspect.
The same is not true in Italian, apparently, where the analogous compound form has shifted in meaning to the preterite = past perfective ≠ present perfect.
>>
>>201240643
>No philosophy, no literature, no approachable people, no kino media besides fucking loli animes.
You just described modern Chinese except they don't even have cute anime or vidya
>>
>>201240643
>because I have to
What forces you to?
>>
>>201241521
>or vidya
*blocks your path*
https://store.steampowered.com/app/2358720/Black_Myth_Wukong/
>>
>>201241730
I'll wait until the honeymoon period is over before passing judgment. Alas, that's only 1 example and it's triple-A so the it's a 99% chance of being slop.
>>
>>201204087
>>201224890
Finishing up:
Chuir e i 's a chairdean an aithne agus bha a huile duine a' còrdadh gu math.
Is caomh leatha culdar braisileach agus tha i a' teannadh ri foghlam portagailis.

Ged a tha iad a' thàinig às tùis eug-samhail, Bidh iad ag amas a-gnàth ruid an cumantas agus a' còrdadh gu math.
Bidh iad a bruidhinn gu tic na diofaran cultarach eadar braisil 's a thìr, a bheil mathachadh an dìlse.
Tha iad air a' toirt fa-near a bheil gràdh a' tar-dhìreadh crìochan cultarach 's cinnidheach.
>>
>>201240643
Nigga what, Japanese has a good amount of literature.
>>
>>201244013
Doujins doesn't count
>>
https://youtu.be/TAkQrwfvL1U

This is the most expressive sounding language I've heard
>>
>>201204087
Simple: https://voca.ro/1GqTYr0Mjg70

Medium: https://voca.ro/11yFoGixrOA1
>>
>>201241295
You are wrong on multiple things:
* Preterito perfecto and preterito indefinido are different terminology for the same thing. You may be thinking of the difference between simple and compuesto.
* English doesn't properly have an imperfect past, instead phrasal verbs and continuos tenses are used
* Present perfect doesn't exist in french/italian/spanish. Passé composé/preterito perfecto compuesto/passato prossimo do not necessarily indicate that the action has consequences in the present. The caveat is that in spanish, in some dialects, it does. But it is by no means common

The differences between italian, franch and spanish are that:

* spanish doesn't really have a fixed distinction in meaning between compuesto and simple pasts
* spanish, unlike the other two, will use the past simple wherever possible
* in french and in the northern dialects of italian the simple past is semi-extinct
* in italian the simple past, where it is used, refers to events that took place "a long time ago" (hence "passato remoto")
* italian, unlike the other two, will use the imperfect wherever possible
>>
File: image (5).png (214 KB, 680x288)
214 KB
214 KB PNG
Can a Germanon help me over here?

So I read in a couple grammars that to negate a noun that either has no article or uses an idefinite article, I should go with "kein", whereas if I'd negate a noun with a definite or a possesive, I should use "nicht". So my question is, are these sentences correct:

-Ich studiere Deutsch nicht, sondern Englisch.
-Ich esse Schwarzschokolade nicht, sondern Milchschokolade.

I guess that "nicht" in both cases would be correct considering it's negating the verb... but then, would the correction established by "sondern" be right? Since you are correcting the wrong focus of negation

I don't know if I was clear enough with my inquire
>>
does watching things with english subtitles help even if you dont quite understand ?
>>
>>201246681
Well it's poetry so he will be expressing more. Wonder if it's reconstructed or modern pronunciation.
>>
>>201249318
"Sondern" constructions are particular in that you can use both "nicht" and "kein" for nouns without an article or with an indefinitive article. Your placement of "nicht" is wrong in these sentences. You are negating the nouns here, not the verbs. Hence the "nicht" must be placed before what it negates - the nouns.

So:
Ich studiere nicht Deutsch, sondern Englisch.
Ich esse nicht dunkle Schokolade, sondern Milchschokolade.
But also:
Ich studiere kein Deutsch, sondern Englisch.
Ich esse keine dunkle Schokolade, sondern Milchschokolade.
However:
Ich studiere nicht die deutsche, sondern die englische Sprache.
Ich esse nicht deine dunkle, sondern meine Milchschokolade.

If you're negating anything else, it's "nicht", so:
Ich werde nicht gehen, sondern fahren.
Das Auto ist nicht blau, sondern grün. (BUT: Das ist kein | nicht ein blaues, sondern ein grünes Auto).
>>
>>201249502
Not really. Logically you have to practice understanding TL in order to get better at it. If you only read English subs, you're skipping that practice. However, you can use a dual-subtitle workflow, where you have both TL and English subs on at the same time. After every line, pause, first try your hardest to understand the TL sentence, then try with individual word lookups and then finally, read the English sub if it still doesn't make any sense, so you can fill in the gaps in your understanding. Works best when you have content that's around your current level, otherwise it can become too frustrating and you end up bullshitting yourself by just reading the English subs again without doing the hard part first.
>>
Calligraphy shmalligraphy
>>
>>201249502
Not even a little bit.
>>
>>201249502
For what it's worth, I watch anime with English subs and I've picked up some Japanese phrases and words that way (not doing anything else to learn Japanese).
>>
>>201249502
It helps but slows down your progression a lot.
TL subtitles or no subtitles at all are way better.
Pick easier content or look up words you don't understand in a TL-TL dictionary.
>>
>Didn't study my TL so I can study for an exam
>Will CERTAINLY flunk it tomorrow
>Parents will make my life hell
and it's due to ADHD
How to cope with this shit? I can't believe a stupid fucking executive function condition is making my life this fucking hard
>>
>>201252697
I can't study a bit every day, or organize language learning in manageable bits, so I can't learn a language and study at uni simultaneously.
Is there a way to fix it without meds? Cos I can't any.
>>
>>201247787
I think you are confused about what I was saying.
I'm not asserting that the English language has any of the forms I mentioned, I am saying what the Spanish/French verb forms are called in English.
English has words for verb forms that may not necessarily exist in English.
Also, English uses identical terms for verb forms which may have slightly different uses in Spanish and French, but tend to share etymological relations (and largely similar meanings).

You are right that the passé composé does not necessarily carry perfect aspect in the standard language, and I was wrong to call the English term more accurate (despite it remaining the standard English term for these tenses, most likely because they share a similar form with English's perfects).
However in the dialects of New World French I would argue that the simple past is still used fairly often, and still tends to carry perfect aspect.

As for pretérito perfecto vs pretérito perfect compuesto, I can't find any reference of the compound past in Spanish being referred to as pretérito perfecto compuesto, only as pretérito perfecto. But it is, after all, all semantics.
I personally prefer having the compuesto in there because it is more explicit, I just haven't seen it called that before.
Also present perfect totally does exist in Spanish, I believe Spanish's present perfect 'haber + PP' is the most present perfect out of all the main Romance languages.

I didn't even want to get into Italian, because the Italian verb forms are used in such a different way.
>>
File: jordanon.png (64 KB, 1769x802)
64 KB
64 KB PNG
>>201252697
R E M I N D E R
>>
>>201252921
>As for pretérito perfecto vs pretérito perfect compuesto, I can't find any reference of the compound past in Spanish being referred to as pretérito perfecto compuesto, only as pretérito perfecto
Look up any verb in the dictionary of the royal academy of spain.
>>
>>201252781
>Is there a way to fix it without meds?
I don't know about fixes but there are ways to make the symptoms better.
Techniques for emotional regulation exist.
Look into meditation and mindfulness.
Read about cognitive behavioural therapy.
Watch this video right now and follow the instructions:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tybOi4hjZFQ

Also watch the videos of that Indian gamer doctor.
>>
>>201228632
>> Facile
>Il a recontré une blonde au café.
rencontré
>Ils se promènent ensemble dans le parc.
>Elle aime écouter de la musique brésilienne.

>> Moyen
>Ils ont décidé d'aller au cinéma pour leur premier rendez-vous.
>Il l'a présentée à ses amis et tout le monde s'est bien entendu.
>Elle aime la culture brésilienne et elle commence à apprendre le portugais.

>> Difficile
>Bien qu'ils viennent d'origines différentes, ils se trouvent toujours des choses communes et s'etendent bien merveilleux.
ils se trouvent des points communs* et s'entendent* merveilleusement* bien.
>Ils discutent souvent les différences culturelles entre le Brésil et son pays, ce qui enrichit leur relation.
Ils discutent souvent des*
>Ils ont compris que l'amour transcende les frontières culturelles et ethniques et ils sont heureux de partager leur vie.

>>201228733
>"ils s'entretenir"? ; * entre le Brésil
Ils s'entretiennent*

Si tu as des doutes sur la conjugaison d'un verbe, regarde le 'Bescherelle' : https://conjugaison.bescherelle.com/verbes/entretenir
>>
>>201252697
What about having a study plan which involves both your courses and language learnin you dumb nigga? And then you could intensify studying for your courses near exam weeks. Get Adderall already
>>
>>201234231
where are you from?
>>
>>201253000
Don't discourage him. He's fun to be around
>>
>>201253863
>Get Adderall already
Loremaster here.
He can't because there is only one psychiatrist in the area who hands out these medications. His parents forbid him from taking it because they believe it is meth.
>>
>>201217092
>Il a renconté une blonde à le café.
au* café / dans un* café

>Ils sont après courir ensemble dans le parc.
Ils se baladent dans un parc.

>Al aime écouter à la musique Brasilian.
Elle aime écouter de* la musique brésilienne*

>Ils décidaient aller sur les vues pour leur première rencard.
Ils ont décidé d'aller au cinéma pour leur premier rencard.

>Il la présentait à ses amis et tout le monde s'entend bien.
Il l'a* présentée* /../ s'est bien entendu*
>Al aime la culture Brasilian et commence à apprendre portugais.
Elle aime la culture brésilienne* et elle commence à apprendre le* portugais.

>Bien qu'ils viennent d'origines differents, ils trouvent toujours des chose qu'ils partagent et s'entendent merveilleusement.
Bien qu'ils viennent d'origines différentes* /.../ et ils* s'entendent merveilleusement.

>Ils s'entretenir souvent sur les differences culturelles entre Brasil et son pays, que accroît leur relation.
Ils s'entretiennent* souvent sur les différences* culturelles entre le Brésil* et son pays, ce* qui enrichit* leur relation.

>Ils réalisent que l'amour transcende les limites culturelles et ethniques, et ils sont heureux de partager leurs vies.
Ils ont réalisé.
>>
I kind of want to learn Welsh. I'm Anglo and live far from Wales, no connection to Wales. I just think it would be cool to learn another language from the union. Literally everyone who speaks it speaks English though.
>>
>>201254027
Why can't he go by himself? And since it's a third world country, it's not like the pharmacist will ask for a prescription anyway.
>>
>>201254027
Is he too retarded to go on his own and tell his parents that they're vitamins or painkillers or whatever?
>>
>>201253032
Okay thanks, apparently the terminology was changed in the 70s and the names have not been changed in a lot of places. I think the new names are better, personally, but it's definitely important to be familiar the old naming convention given that all the learning material I could find still uses the older terminology.
>>
>>201254242
No, he's compromised. He can just hide them the way girls hide their period gear.
>>
>>201222847
where are you from?
>>
>>201254319
I mean if they ever find the pills. Just put them in a different pillbox to prevent them searching the name of the pill too
>>
>>201253973
>>201254404
Nigga why u so curious? He's a US soldier deployed in Syria
>>
>>201254463
Yeah, that's a better idea. That reminds me, a nutritionist here dispenses his unlabelled 'vitamin mix' capsules in stool sample containers.
>>
>>201254499
>>201254404
I don't like being nignored....
>>
>>201254551
>a nutritionist here dispenses his unlabelled 'vitamin mix' capsules in stool sample containers.
See? He's just too retarded to think of solutions and he enjoys being the victim
>>
>>201254634
Sounds like histrionic personality disorder.
>>
>>201254706
I guess so. We provided HUNDREDS of suggestions over the course of 5 FUCKING YEARS
>>
>>201249318
>>201249318
If youre speaking it it would already be correct however if you want it a bit better it would be

-Ich studiere nicht Deutsch ,sondern Englisch.
-Ich esse nicht Schwarzschokolade sondern Milchschokolade

here a deeper explanation;

-studiere nicht Deutsch
since the verb is refering to a subject the negating word is still refering to the subject
ergo you are still negating the subjekt

nicht studieren is aimed at Deutsch

a sentence that would negate the verb would focus on the verb

-Ich studiere Deutsch nicht, sondern unterrichte Deutsch

sondern is also used correctly for the most part since you contrast what you dont study and what you do

you are basically reasoning why you deny not studying german

if this is the lvl of german you are on why havent you come here already your fucking german is better then mine god damn
>>
Okay guys, you motivated me to research and I found a psychiatrist that diagnoses ADHD.
I don't go out often and my parents will certainly know if I leave for a while.
I am very anxious. Should I book an appointment with that doctor and get him to diagnose me again?
>>
>>201252697
There's no cure for being a dumb nigger unfortunately. Just accept your aren't cut out for pharmacology or learning a foreign language. Find a different hobby/career where you don't have to spend years asking redditors for advice on how to even start.
>>
>>201254978
>I don't go out often and my parents will certainly know if I leave for a while.
Tell them you met a girl dumbass
>Should I book an appointment with that doctor and get him to diagnose me again?
>>
>>201250473
Alles klar, danke !
>>
>>201254978
Go for an appointment and just make something up. Tell them you went to the library to study or something.
>>
>>201254783
Jesus, it's been that long? I remember being here when Jordanon first started to study Spanish or Russian, can't remember.
>>201254978
Also, might not be such a great idea to store a large number of pills in an unlabelled container after all. Jordan has a big Captagon problem and the Mukhabarat will stick your ass in Suwaqa indefinitely if they saw you pull the bottle out of your bag.
>>
>>201255588
Russian was the first I guess. Or maybe Turkish idk. I'm sure it's been at least 4 yrs tho
>>
>>201255663
To be honest I prefer working on Arabic<->English far more than any other language. I think these two languages are immediately available and I can consume a lot of interesting shit in them from day 0 without so much work.
I don't know if German, French, Spanish, Persian, Turkish, Hebrew are worth learning. I am scared of regretting choosing one TL over another.
Right now I want to pick a TL and leave 4chan and I don't have time to do either. Tomorrow, I will flunk my exam, come back home, and try to fix my life somehow.
>>
File: slobo.png (232 KB, 800x450)
232 KB
232 KB PNG
>>201255663
Yeah, four years is more reasonable. Here's to four more!
>>
>>201256032
حبيبي أني لحد الآن ما عندي ميول قوي تجاه أي لغة، وأني كلما يمشي وياي الوقت كلما صارت كلية الصيدلة أعقد وأني ديمًا تجيني الصحوة وأتخذ قراراتي مباشرةً قبل الأمتحانات
هسا أني مليت من هاي الحلقة المفرغة وقررت صدك أختار لغة بس ما أدري يا لغة أتعلم. فكرت أتعلم كردي بس يعني صراحة ماكو شي كردي يسوى وفكرت اتعلم تركي بس ما ادري لغة ما يحجوها بس بتركيا
يعني المفروض هاي الفترة أشوف شنو الوضع واختار لغة وارتاح واريّح
>>
is this /mena/?
>>
>>201256006
>I can consume a lot of interesting shit in them from day 0 without so much work.
In Arabic and English? Hmmm I wonder why they're so easy, maybe because you know them already?? Sometimes I'm really concerned about your retardation jordie you may forget how to breathe one day.
>I am scared of regretting choosing one TL over another.
If you actually studied in this 4 YEARS of choosing "the best language" to study, you'd learn 4 LANGUAGES to around A2-B1 giving each language A WHOLE FUCKING YEAR. Instead you added ZERO languages to your repertoire
>>
>>201256032
KEK
>>201256208
ايوا. لاشو؟
>>
>>201256145
أولا نسيت أنك عراقي
انسى أن تختار أي لغة على أساس الفائدة لأن ولا وحدة تقرب للإنجليزي وهاي نقطة راس سطر
إذا عاجبك تتعلم فد شي خاطر تملي فراغ بجدولك وتتباها للعالم (سبب نبيل) فتقدر ترجع للإسباني أو فرنسي بس ما يعجبني تتفرع وتتشتت وهاي شغلة أنت تسويها هواي على حالتك وآني أتعاطف
كونه أن ولا وحدة مفيدة، وما عندك اهتمام بثقافة معينة، خلي الباقين يختارولك
سبق وأن اختاروا إلك الإسباني فاستمر على هذا المنهج
التركي هم حلو بس ماكو مصادر لتعلمه على الإنترنت فما لك علاقة
هذا رأيي وأنت حر أن تتخذه أو لا بس لا تنسى أن قرراتك حاليا متقلبة
>>
File: 1697076152687874.png (963 KB, 720x861)
963 KB
963 KB PNG
>>201256208
Not enough gay porn. Here's two white boys kissing.
>>201256418
وهمين الصربي نصيحته صحيحة رغم طريقة الإقاء
تعلم اللغات ما يوالم كل واحد، آني صراحة ما أحبه كلش
>>
>>201256418
>التركي هم حلو
Nah, you literally gain NOTHING from learning turkish. It literally had no positive impact on my life.
>>
وروح نام يا ابن الأوادم الساعة بالوحدة بالليل وأنت عندك امتحان
خرا بابليسك سهرتني وياك
>>201256623
>It literally had no positive impact on my life.
/lang/uage learning never does
>>
Is the Jordanon baiting real hard or does he seriously have some cognitive disorder?
>>
>>201256656
>/lang/uage learning never does
English certainly does, German does(for immigration), Russian does because there are a lot of Russian tourists here so the sector is actively looking for people who know Russian and you get to hook up with Russian chicks. It's all about your location, the usecase and your willingness
>>
>>201256755
Ask your mother, don't forget to give her a plan B pill.
>>
>>201256623
>It literally had no positive impact on my life.
How the fuck did you live here with just Arabic?
>>
>>201256755
He's confirmed in the past that he's baiting. It's basically just some light evening entertainment for the thread.
>>
>>201256773
Explain German immigration to me please, because Brexit destroyed our easy route and I don't wanna die here
>>
>>201256656
>/lang/uage learning never does
There are so many benefits that language learning bestows upon you, but even if you want to ignore all of them, there's always the fact that it wards off dementia/cognitive decline.
>>
>>201256773
>>201256937
go to bed your niggers, you have /lang/ fatigue
<serious> that was an obvious joke </serious>. you made me use the paired tumblr tags
>>
>>201257036
now I defeated Poe's law but not amphiboly
which sentence the joke comment disambiguates is left as an exercise for the reader
>>
File: 1571918772165.jpg (61 KB, 622x621)
61 KB
61 KB JPG
>>201257036
Only Jordanon is allowed to joke! He's our designated joker.
>>
>>201256891
>Explain German immigration to me please
Nuh uh, I'll only explain it after I got my citizenship because I don't want it to be patched. Also you should've got another citizenship while you niggas were in EU.
>>201257036
It's only 1:20AM nigga
>>
File: calendar man.png (371 KB, 313x759)
371 KB
371 KB PNG
>>201257118
Sorry boss, it won't happen again
>>201257245
it's improper to stay awake after the curfew bell rings
>>
>>201257408
That only applies to women. I've already beaten my sisters to sleep with flip flops at 11PM
>>
Anyone got some tips for the toefl? Test is this saturday and I‘m nervous as fuck.
Can‘t really afford to pay the 250€ again if I mess up.
>>
>>201258058
GAHD DAYM IS IT 250 EUROS FOR AN EXAM?????
>>
>>201258109
Yeah
Toefl is a fucking racket
>>
>>201258109

I paid 200€ for DALF C2 and 165€ for SIELE. But. at least DALF is valid a life time TOEFL has expiration dates it's a scam.
>>
>>201258058
I'm sure youtube has a bunch of videos of tips.
>>
>>201258215
Problem is that most unis want either toefl or ielts and refuse to accept other tests
>>
>>201258215
>But. at least DALF is valid a life
I never heard of DALF tho. Most private companies either require TOEFL or IELTS here
>>
>>201258277
>>201258289
Companies and universities that require French will require the DALF, guys.
>>
>>201258361
Who the fuck needs french
>>
>>201258361
Yeah and you niggas rewuire GOETHE for work
>>
>>201256773
>a lot of Russian tourists here
You are from Antalya?
>>
>>201258566
Maybe
>>
>when you look up a word on the dictionary and it's explained with another word you don't know which is then explained with the first word you don't know
>>
Anyone know a good podcast in chinese?
>>
>>201258834
And now you've just learned 3 new words and improved. Neat!
>>
I find it really cool that in the German speaking area a gazillion "dialects" are spoken and are mostly respected and used by their speakers
>>
what do you guys think of second language speakers of your TL when it comes to input. I generally avoid like the plague. I listened to a german podcast about Bangladesh today and one of the guest was a lady who sought asylum in germany a decade ago. Her german was decent, but still a very noticeable india accent, which was odd to hear.
>>
>>201260344
Not to be a saar, but when you go to Germany, half of the people you encounter are gonna be GSLs with cringy accents. It's necessary to input TLSL speech.
>>
low-intermediate spanish and done this a few times now, what do you guys think?
>write spanish in journal for 5-10 min nonstop about random thoughts
>leave blank unknown words, guess on conjugation if nec, etc
>look up words after and fill in blanks/correct errors
>later re-write same thoughts (not word-for-word, just general idea) with new words in mind
i've come up with about 60 new vocab words, plus a whole bunch of grammatical corrections, that i'd actually use and now have associated with my own thoughts. feels pretty good i think
>>
Started learning russian, wish me luck!
So far I only know the alphabet and some loose words. Very cool so far.
>>
Just two more weeks before I hit the stage where I can easily absorb the stuff I read and can efficiently learn the language bros, just two more weeks, trust me
>>
>>201262299
What language are you learning?
Don't worry, i'm confident you will reach that moment eventually if you are consistent and don't give up.
Unless you die tomorrow or something.
>>
>>201204087

Er hat sich mit einem blonden Mädel am Café getroffen.
Sie spazieren gemeinsam im Park
Sie hört brasilianische Musik gerne

Sie haben sich dafür entschieden, bei dem ersten Date ins Kino zu gehen. (meiner Erfahrung nach ist das auf gar keinen Fall eine gute Idee was erste Daten angeht. Man spricht beim Film Anschauen bestenfalls kaum und schlimmstenfalls gar nicht.)
Er hat sie seinen Freunden vorgestellt und sie haben gut miteinander ausgekommen.
Sie ist der brasilianischen Kultur zugetan und hat vor kurzem damit angefangen, sich Portuguese selbst beizubringen.

Selbst wenn sie von grundverschiedenen Kulturkreisen stammen, finden sie trotzdem immer Gemeinsamkeiten und noch dazu verstehen sie sich in der Tat richtig gut miteinander.
Sie verbringen eine Menge Zeit damit, die kulturellen Unterschiede zwischen Brasil und seinem Land zu besprechen, was deren Beziehung übertrieben bereichert.
Ihnen ist es glasklar geworden, dass die Liebe kulturelle und ethnische Grenzen überschreitet und sie freuen sich total deren Leben miteinander zu teilen.
>>
>>201231990
not only filtered but so arschverletzt that he wrote an essay about it
>>
Are there any good asmr channels for Russian learners? Preferably with eng subtitles/big boobs?
>>
>>201262419
Getting raped by this little irrelevant language called "Mandarin", some of you may have heard about it before
I only just noticed a little bit ago but I've forgotten to do my anki reps today, drunk as fuck so I will skip for today and hopefully wake up early enough tomorrow to manage to do it tomorrow
>>
>>201260775
grimmig
>>
>>201262298
you WILL give up
>>
>>201264618
I VILL not give up.
I VILL not surrender to doomscrolling tik tok all day.
I VILL not eat the bugs.
I VILL own things and I VILL be unhappy.
>>
>>201249631
reconstructed
>>
File: F301xfqXAAAqf9B.jpg (35 KB, 657x527)
35 KB
35 KB JPG
I'm choosing the next language I learn based on how friendly the native speakers are to me on /int/
>>
>>201265455
Learn French, German or Russian
>>
File: F93_pIDWMAA5Sny.jpg (54 KB, 694x683)
54 KB
54 KB JPG
>>201265520
Too mainstream. The languages I'm interested in the most right now are Estonian, Sardinian, Danish, and Mongolian.
>>
>>201265455
ignore >>201265520
You don't want to learn australian, you will become retarded.
>>
>>201265673
Danish phonology is just too intimidating for me
I'd be afraid that I'd be hard capped in terms of how much I can learn to understand
Why not learn Icelandic?
>>
>>201265743
The only Icelander I've ever talked to was rude to me so now I hate his entire country and all of his people.
>>
Troubleshooting means shooting troubles
>>
>>201265743
It's actually easier to get the hang of than Norwegian and Swedish IMHO, since they don't have pitch accent which can be really tricky. The only difficult parts are the soft d (velarized laminal alveolar approximant) and the apical alveolars, but listening to them and practicing can help a lot. The hardest part about Danish is finding a Dane who won't think you're retarded for wanting to learn Danish and actually practice with you.
>>
File: Anki-icon.svg.png (52 KB, 640x640)
52 KB
52 KB PNG
anki users:
>basically every Western successful Japanese and Chinese learner
>med students
>law students
>reddit posts with things like C2 German in 8 months, N2 in 6 months, N1 in 1 year
>have actual science to prove it
>are also people who tell you not to use anki but they built up their vocab with anki then years later said you don't need it (lol)

non anki users
>DUDE DID YOU HEAR OF STEPHEN KRASHEN
>you don't need it bro just read more it's natural SRS!
>um that's autistic!
>here's a strawman
>"2000 hours of dreaming spanish" vid and they still sound like a baby
>IF YOU MEMORIZE WORDS YOU WILL FOSSILIZE YOUR LE UNDERSTANDING

I don't care about some kike's theories, I care about RESULTS. Which is why I goon anki. If I didn't goon to 10k words in my target language (+50 a day) I wouldn't know shit. I actually lived in the country where they speak my TL for a month and got worse, my vocabulary withered like a dying sewer rat since my laptop screen broke and I didn't have the anki app, and it took another month of gooning once I got home to get back my fluidity that I had.

Ankimaxx, goon 30 new words a day minimum and actually learn languages and get a big vocabulary that mogs. You should be able to do 1 review in several seconds using hotkeys, it should take no more than 45 minutes to do your hundreds of daily reviews if you work at an actual good pace. Or stay an idiot unserious pleb forever. You fucking retards bought into nonsensical snake oil about magically learning like a baby from a communist jew. Goon or die.
>>
>>201266390
if you want to learn a language in any reasonable amount of time anki is a necessity

>no it's not
it is when you consider the opportunity costs of not using it

if you gooned +50 new words and phrases per day for a year to get to 15000 instead of watching cartoons and posting about muh language acquisition you would already be leaps and bounds father than you are
>>
>>201266390
>>basically every Western successful Japanese and Chinese learner
Because of the writing system
>>med students
>>law students
Tasks fundamentally different from language acquisition
>>reddit posts with things like C2 German in 8 months, N2 in 6 months, N1 in 1 year
If reddit says it, it must be true!
>>have actual science to prove it
Except the science is not about language acquisition

>non anki users
Every ESL ever. There's more evidence for language acquisition through immersion than there is for all other methods combined, by several orders of magnitude.
>>
Anki with native audio was a game changer, at first I inputted everything from my grammar book into my deck but now I'm getting more choosy and cutting out some of the fat. I really wonder why they wanted me to learn the word for trapeze artist so early
>>
>>201266390
I do 10 cards a day
30 cards a day seems insane
>>201266142
Well I figure with pitch accent you can just act as if the words are identical and you just need to disambiguate them by the context but with Danish that'd be impossible
>>
>>201267486
>30 cards a day seems insane
You are lazy, I did 50 new cards a day for months.
>>
>>201267548
How long were you spending each day on your deck?
>>
>>201267583
like 2 hours? but I used cloze deletion cards to cement it more in my memory

things in life take sacrifice
>>
>>201267591
I take about 10 minutes per deck but I prefer inputting over anki so I guess we're just doing what we enjoy
>>
>>201267486
Yeah it takes a lot of listening practice with a language like Danish where everything seems like it's slurred. I really like the way it sounds though so it might be the first one I tackle. Thankfully the grammar and vocabulary are piss easy for English speakers.
>>
>>201267661
I want to know how the FSI does it
They must have an amazing program to get people to become phonologically aware in a very short time
>>
>>201253751
Merci !
> rencontré
> s'entendent
À ce stade, on dirait que j'ai souvent du mal à taper correctement : l'erreur « fat-finger».
> Si tu as des doutes sur la conjugaison d'un verbe, regarde le 'Bescherelle' : https://conjugaison.bescherelle.com/verbes/entretenir
Ouais, j'ai quelque chose comme ça sur mon téléphone portable : connu sur le nom « Le Conjugueur », on peut l'utiliser hors ligne.

> https://leconjugueur.lefigaro.fr
>>
>>201258834
if there are no example sentences either sometimes you can't get anything from such a circular definition. fortunately that's rare.
>>201258864
hopefully
>>
>>201202947
>We are heroes, They are zeros.
This isn't even a translation from the Chinese text. They probably just wanted to add something that carries the same weight as the literary phrase 人定勝鼠 which is already translated as "We'll overcome".
>>
>>201266390
>I actually lived in the country where they speak my TL for a month and got worse,
>my vocabulary withered like a dying sewer rat since my laptop screen broke and I didn't have the anki app,
>and it took another month of gooning once I got home to get back my fluidity that I had.
I don't think you got as much fluency from Anki as you think you did if you struggled to recall it in real situations. Especially if it took a month afterwards to "get it back". Something's missing
>>
>>201269920
He speaks fluidly in his mind, so fluid natives don't undestand him.
>>
>>201266390
>>reddit posts with things like C2 German in 8 months, N2 in 6 months, N1 in 1 year
Are you really dumb enough to believe them?
>>
>>201265785
I accidentally stumbled onto the Chinese Furry/Homo community on twitter and now I hate the entire language and country. What good are authoritarian commies when they can't even fix that
>>
>>201266390
>babies are wizards
>>
hi guys, Chinese/Uyghur-learning Brit in China here

hiro has rangebanned all of China it seems, everyone with the flag saying they didn't need a pass is talking out of their arse. I'm probably not going to cough up £15 to post here so he can fuck off.

I have arrived like 2 weeks before everyone else and I think there are only ~20 other foreigners here rn, I can't even get into campus because the facial recognition website doesn't think my photo is actually me, and the only way to do it with an actual human is in campus.

old people and kids stare at me and one random girl took a video of me in a restaurant but it's not been that bad, much better than 2017 when random people would shout 外国人 at me in the street. now they have the decency to whisper! although I'm going to a much smaller provincial city in a few days so we'll see about there
>>
>>201240643
you should just learn German like your brethren, also
>great philosophy
>great literature
>(somewhat) approachable people, less cultural difference
although
>they are designed just to work, no soul
can also describe them
>>
>>201266390
but it takes SOOOOOOO much work to make cards from scratch and to actually make them good
>>
>>201275294
word on front, definition with audio on back. You can even use that Yomitan tool that the Japanese learners use to make a card with the push of a button. Takes 2 seconds per card once set up.

2 hours of anki a day is ridiculous though. Peak brainrot
>>
>>201275712
>2 hours of anki a day is ridiculous though
Why? It got me where I wanted to be. Most people spend more time on mindless entertainment. You probably spend more time on 4chan than that daily.
>>
https://doi.org/10.1080/09588221.2018.1552975

>The results showed a positive relationship between days studying with Anki and Spanish performance at the end of the semester even while controlling for baseline abilities and for motivation, self-efficacy, and beliefs.

anti anki input theory copers have a hard time dealing with reality, I've already seen them move the goalposts and say "yeah it does help you memorize thousands of words BUT it will fossilize you and make you develop the wrong brain connections!"
>>
>>201276560
>a sentence from an abstract conclusion in a so-called study is proof
Brainrot
>>
>>201276560
Did you use anki to learn your native language?
>>
>>201277168
I was a child, with greater neuroplasticity, it took me many years, being corrected by adults, and tens of thousands of hours. Anti anki copers can't present real arguments, they just make these logical fallacies and feel-good strawmen about learning like a baby.
>>
>>201275712
does it work for non mainstream languages?
>>
File: agevocabularysize.jpg (22 KB, 641x360)
22 KB
22 KB JPG
>>201277248
If you are under 30, then there are still a lot of English words to learn. Why aren't you using anki for English?
>>
>>201277168
>Mind of a baby and mind of a grown man works the same way
Maybe yours do but that's not the case for the rest of us nigga
>>
>>201277476
You were still learning your native language long after your "critical period". See: >>201277429
>>
>>201277553
You do, but it's not the same. You already master your native language around 18 at worst, rest are just some useless words you hear once or twice because they're barely used in daily life.
>>
>>201277723
So what's the advantage of anki, if only high frequency words are important? If anything, anki would be ideal for low frequency words that you can't learn by inpooting.
>>
>>201277792
>So what's the advantage of anki, if only high frequency words are important?
Anki is good for repeating the words you see on the courses to make them more concrete. I'm also against pre-made decks and mindlessly going thru them. You're supposed to make your own decks. INPOOTing is good, but you can't just start learning a language solely by inpooting unless you are patient enough to be fluent in 5 years. My plan is anki and grammar learning first and INPOOT after reaching like A2-B1 level
>>
Do you guys add sentence audio to your anki? I find it hard to find good audio examples for german
>>
>>201278016
I don't know how to add audio files on Anki and I can't create my own audios since I can't pronounce well my TL lel.
>>
>>201278136
>I don't know how to add audio files on Anki
You just copy and paste the mp3 file bro
I use sharex to record audio, there are YouTube tutorials explaining how to setup
>>
>>201278136
There is a button in add card window.
>>201278016
>hard to find good audio examples for german
https://learngerman.dw.com/
and tons of youtube channels...
>>
File: 1.png (48 KB, 770x526)
48 KB
48 KB PNG
>>201278317
this
>>
>>201259074
Makes it a pain in the arse for DAFs, but dialects are peak soul. I love them. Well, almost all of them. Sadly, thanks to the internet, more and more young people speak disgusting Youtube/TikTok-Deutsch instead. Dialects are disappearing; some schools here even discourage their use during lessons. I get wanting Austrian children to be capable of speaking Schriftdeutsch (lots of people who were raised in dialect areas have trouble speaking anything else, which I also find pretty weak), but the solution is not to eradicate dialects. Anyone who isn't an actual retard can learn to speak both dialect and Schriftdeutsch well.
>>
>>201278016
For french yes; for german no. I get my audio for french mostly from wikitionary
>>
>>201277941
>My plan is anki and grammar learning first and INPOOT after reaching like A2-B1 level
I used clozemaster (before it got jewed) and a bit of anki back when I was a beginner/low-intermediate, so we don't really seem to disagree if you are going to ditch it after learning a couple thousand words.
>>
>>201277941
I'm not an inpoot evangelist, but there is no reason why you can't start inpooting right away. Just pick adequate content. And you can even do inpoot you can't understand, like songs. It will help your brain grow accustomed to the language.
>>
>>201278480
That said, I started inpooting very early on, before I hit the 1K word mark.
>>
Curious to know other /lang/ers' opinions on this. For me:

>languages that seem difficult but are actually easy
Persian/Farsi (very logical & regular grammar, spoken slowly and melodically, easy to distinguish words, still indo-european despite all the arabic vocabulary, 10/10)
Mandarin Chinese (spoken)
Hebrew (modern)

>languages that seem easy but are actually difficult
Swedish/Norwegian (pitch accent is a bitch)
Danish (pronunciation in general is fucked)
Greek (I thought it'd be a lot easier because it's indo-european)
Portuguese (people who tell you it's as easy as Spanish are trolling, way more sounds to learn)
>>
>>201278480
Yeah, it seems like we're on the same boat really. I'm gonna start INPOOTING right after I get like A2-B1 German.
>>201278506
>but there is no reason why you can't start inpooting right away.
Not being able to understand anything cause discourage and frustration
>>
>>201278845
>Not being able to understand anything cause discourage and frustration
Hence why you pick content you understand with some effort or content where understanding is less important, like music.
>>
>>201278845
Personally, I found clozemaster much more fun than anki. If you can afford the subscription, it's definitely worth it for 3-4 months.
>>
>>201278317
>>201278256
I should learn how to cut the audio files from my workbook to isolate each sentences and then add it on my Anki.

I'm too lazy for that.
>>
File: 1722548705548291.jpg (43 KB, 922x715)
43 KB
43 KB JPG
>tfw you're curious what the german for something is and it ends of just being a lame english or french borrowing
>>
>>201278824
>Mandarin Chinese (spoken)
???
There's like 20 tones and I can't even make one
>>
>>201279205
Once you train your ear to distinguish different tones it becomes relatively easy, just takes lots of listening. The reading and writing were a nightmare though.
>>
>>201279043
Just use a sound recorder that can record sounds from your system directly.
>>
>>201278824
>Greek (I thought it'd be a lot easier because it's indo-european)
I've heard the grammar is similar to German, but I don't speak that so I don't know how similar. Which part gave you the most trouble?
>>
>>201277168
Here are some common native language milestones btw:
>11 months to say your first word
>at 2 years old you have a wide ranging vocab of 50 words
>at 3 years old you can use 2-3 word sentences and accurately use plural nouns
>at 5 years old you can sometimes correctly use irregular past tense verbs i.e you have finally learned to say "I ran" instead of "I runned"
>at 10 years old you can finally read books like Harry Potter
>It will take you another 8-10 years before you can read older classic novels and Shakespeare on your own, and many natives outright never reach this level
And this is while you're completely immersed in the language every single day and constantly being corrected by parents and teachers
Seems like a really great way to learn a language!
>>
File: QItfKrI.jpg (59 KB, 960x721)
59 KB
59 KB JPG
>>201204087
Dia jumpa dengan cewek dengan rambut kuning di kafe.
Mereka sedang jalan-jalan di taman bersama
Dia suka dengar musik dari Brasil.

Mereka milih pergi ke bioskop untuk kencan pertama.
Dia memperkenalkan pacarnya ke teman-teman dan semua orang menghubung dengan baik
Dia suka budaya Brasil dan mulai belajar bahasa Portugis.

yg pertama gak tahu sih...
Mereka kadang membahas perbedaan antara Brazil dan negara dia, yang mendalamkan hubungannya.
Mereka udah sadar bahwa cinta bisa mengatasi batasan budaya dan etnis, dan mereka senang untuk mengkaitkan nyawanya.
>>
>>201278480
Clozemaster is good in concept but bad in execution, most of the words are just conjugations of verbs and there are many duplicates, I got more unique words in my 5k deck than in their top 10k. The SRS algorithm is also bad. Multiple choice is a waste, cloze deletion (for building connections mentally) or recognition (to save time and knock out sheer volume) are better.
>>
>>201281244
I don't doubt that, but I found out it more engaging and less boring.
>>
Doing anki reps for my dream of marrying a white woman from france
I'm gmi
>>
>>201281728
I created a challenge for you and you didn't try to translate any sentences.
>>
>>201278934
>If you can afford
Nah
>>201278930
inb4 peppa pig
>>
>>201281026
Speak for yourself
>>
File: polish woman.jpg (193 KB, 918x1200)
193 KB
193 KB JPG
Polish women are like THIS?
Kocham cię!
>>
>>201274863
weren't you going to 北京? are western foreigners THAT rare that people are taking pics of you?
>>
>>201282976
We're full, don't come here.
>>
>>201278824
>Swedish/Norwegian (pitch accent is a bitch)
I found the pitch accent super easy. I don't actually speak Swedish but my cousin's family lives there so I fuck around with it a bit.
Honestly the pitch accent made sense after hearing people say things just a couple times, if you are trying to get it from IPA transcriptions fuck that.
Maybe the weird/confusing part is that it's not just a 'pitch' accent, the lengths and volumes of the syllables also changes.
They're essentially just copy-pastes from offensive imitations of swedish accents that you lay down on top of words.
Weird that you give that as your reason and then throw Mandarin in easy though.
>>
>>201282976
They absolute hate Brazilians, so don't even think about it.
>>
>>201283234
Owari da...
>>
>>201282976
They absolutely LOVE Brazilians, so go for it.
>>
>>201283455
Don't listen to him. He's lying
>>201283234
He is right.
>>
File: pepechuckle.jpg (16 KB, 320x320)
16 KB
16 KB JPG
https://youtu.be/F1zGFSsrz5A?t=671
Das ist einfach erbärmlich. Der spielt schlimmer als ich.
>>
>>201279176
just the leaziest wayay
post the word you were looking for and we can try to make you a real German word for it
>>
>>201201673
calligraphy is very beautiful btw. but hard to read the resulting characters.
>calligraphy31
nice collection
>>201202947
>>201269846
>人定勝鼠
>人定勝天
oh, it's a variation of this proverb
what function does 定 serve in it? does it mean 'certainly'?

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.