[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/int/ - International

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1700924047729816.jpg (96 KB, 640x478)
96 KB
96 KB JPG
This thread is for discussion of the language, culture, travel, daily life, etc. of Japan.
Let's talk at least in Japanese and English. Take it easy.

Previous Thread:>>203579248 (Cross-thread)
learn Japanese Thread:>>>/int/djt
過去ログ:https;//desuarchive.org/int/search/subject/日本語スレッド/

次スレを立てる前に必ずスレ立て宣言してください。次スレリンクも忘れずに
Please declare before making a new thread. and put the next link.
>>
>>203600500
スレ立て乙だ
>>
OP画像の思想がつよい
>>
File: file.jpg (74 KB, 1000x559)
74 KB
74 KB JPG
>>203600500
おつ
>>
File: 2024-10-19 232502.png (880 KB, 545x887)
880 KB
880 KB PNG
どうせならこっちの活動家でスレ建てろよ
空気読めないな
>>
>>203600895
>be for "intellectual interest"
intellectual interest is very important to me. I literally quit my job and live in poverty just to have more time for my intellectual pursutes.
>>if you actually wanted or needed to learn japanese it wouldnt
I don't need to. I wanted to learn it to some extent. I thought about it because a friend of mine I like very much is half japanese, also I wanted to be able to read primary sources on my favorite person of japanese history and maybe about sengoku period.
Also I think the japanese are highly intelligent people in many ways, so I thought maybe I can get to know some interesting people.

It's fair to say, that I just choose against learning japan, because other things mattered more to me and I judged learning 3000 kanjis to be not worth the above reasons.
That is my decision and a fair criticism to say, that me making the decision shows I didn't want these things enough.
>kanji is what allows you to distinguish between the words
could have just uses spaces.
[dontyouthinkamericanfriendsenpai?]
>allows japanese to be highly expressive
I can't comment b/c I don't understand what you mean by that exactly
>korea getting rid of kanji their writing system is hideous and so much was lost culturally
I acknowledge your opinion but can't comment b/c. i don't know about these thiings
>>
File: 1711771500036628.png (655 KB, 740x720)
655 KB
655 KB PNG
>>203601423
>Also I think the japanese are highly intelligent people in many ways, so I thought maybe I can get to know some interesting people.
>>
>>203601542
なんであのドイツ人長文好きなん?
>>
>>203601542
お前もか(-_-;)
>>
>>203601542
you shouldn't have to praise the Japanese so much B^)
>>
>>203601423
the kanji isnt even the hard part though
learning the thousands of words is way worse than learning kanji
learning how to form grammatically correct sentences in a language so different from english
i dont really think learning 蛇 is really all that different from learning how to spell out snake
with kanji too if you know the general meaning of kanji you can guess at it's meaning
like 工作員 for example, it's made out of the kanji for work, create, and like member
even if you didnt know it was pronounced こうさくいん you could probably guess what it means
in english, unless you know latin or something, you cant really do it or at least not nearly to the same extent
most of the time when you dont know a word you just dont know it
>could have just uses spaces.
it isnt just about spaces
japanese is a language that has a limited amount of possible sounds, so due to that many words are pronounced the same but have different meanings
if you have the kanji then you immediately know what the intended word is
but if it's just written in hiragana then you are forced to guess by the context
it's a similar situation in korean to a lesser extent
and reading long texts of all hiragana is just tiring
if you used spaces and all hiragana japanese text would also become stupidly wrong
you're trying to fix something that isnt a problem
>>
>>203601724
>>203601759
btw I know how to use ChatGPT.
Not all germans are like that.
Complex thoughts in a precise language means long sentences, it's don't simple.
Sorry for not being that aesthetically pleasing japanese senpai bros.

ちなみにChatGPTの使い方は分かっています。
全てのドイツ人がそうだとは限りません。
正確な言語で複雑な考えを表現するということは、長文になるのは当然のことです。簡単ではありません。
私のような美しい日本語の達人にはなれないことをお詫び申し上げます。
>>203601781
why not? I don't understand
>>
>>203601991
暇だったんでちょっとからかっただけだから :)
>>
>>203601383
その人たちはバカなの?
福島第一原発事故の最高裁判決は2022年に済んでいるよ
>>
>>203602097
Is that a polite social cue that my flattery was inappropriate but you don't have the time to explain the details if I don't get it?
私のへつらいが不適切だったことの婉曲表現ですか?
>>203601897
so what you are saying is that Kanji makes it possible to understand written language without knowing the exact word and it's pronounciation.
Well if this is true than that is a valid refutation of my claim that japanese is unnecessarily complicated through kanji
Oh I wasn't aware that context guessing is such a big thing because of limited sounds, I thought it was more part of the culture. Now thanks for explaining that to me, that information changes a lot of things.

Thanks for explaining it to me.
>>
首相官邸に突っ込みとかあると自民党の票が増えるのにアホかいな
>>
>>203602848
i have no negative feeling to you. thats it.
>>
File: odenkun.jpg (9 KB, 210x238)
9 KB
9 KB JPG
さて、今日見たノーブラ西洋美女をネタにしこって寝るか
>>
>>203603909
>西洋美女
ハーマイオニ~~~(彼女の画像使うの可哀そうになって来た…)
>>
>>203603839
Thank you for clarification. I am not good at social cues, so I am a bit paranoid about it. So I asked to be clear.
Also when I said "flattery" i didn't mean that what I said was untrue. It was my honest opinion, just mentioning that again to be clear and avoid misunderstanding.

ありがとうございます。私は社会的な合図にあまり敏感ではないので、ちょっと心配してしまったので確認したかったのです。
また、「へつらい」と言った時、本当のことを言っていないわけではありません。私の本音でした。念のため、もう一度はっきりさせておきたくて。

>>203603909
>>203603037
GPT refuses to translate that because of "inappropriate contents". You effectively ruined all my means to be able to understand by machine translation. Well done It's check mate for me on this one.
GPTが「不適切な内容」という理由で翻訳を拒否してしまった。機械翻訳で理解するための手段をすべて台無しにしてくれました。よくやりました。こちらはチェックメイトですね。
>>
>>203602773
バカだろうな
土曜日に首相官邸に突っ込むくらいだからw

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.