[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/int/ - International

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: GHtNBmAbgAAsAIE.jpg (151 KB, 620x1723)
151 KB
151 KB JPG
Vietnam is the only ASEAN country not economically ruled by Chinese
>>
Vietnamese = Chinese
>>
Do you love Vietnam?
>>
File: vie01.jpg (150 KB, 600x600)
150 KB
150 KB JPG
>>203628758
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IJG4x5imEqQ

Vietnamese people are really different and unique though (aside from the phenotypes).

Extremely different social attitude and national mentality.

There's a lot of differences but in short, the essential ones is that Vietnamese are way more concentrated in squeezing out joy from life in the moment as opposed to Chinese who live more in accordance to traditions.

As in, of course Vietnamese respect their tradition but they don't let it dominate their outlook on life whereas Chinese people usually evaluate phenomena around then from the position of how a Chinese person would react to it whereas Vietnamese are kinda more in sync with the raw essence of stuff they experience.

Of course, there's the facts that the writing systems are different and even the languages are unrelated.

If you wanna get philosophical, you could say that Vietnam lives in accordance to the rhythm of the Solar Drum of Dong Son whereas Chinese are in tune with the traditional elements of Wind and Water (the Feng Shui metaphysics, literally "Wind-Water")
>>
>>203628949
It's an awesome culture with underrated modern music. Yes I like it.
>>
>>203628711
Eh. They're OUR Chinese. They despise Mainlanders even more than we do.
>>
>>203629713
its pretty odd how our minorities are sort of influential abroad
MCA has/had ties to the Republic of China, itself also being an offshoot of China's Nationalist bloc
MIC had ties to LTTE in Sri Lanka
>>
>>203628711
>One of the most common names is 陳 and 阮
Ok
>>
>>203629713
They tell you that to your face then tell jokes about how lazy and retarded Malays are to their mainlander business associates at the bar.
>>
>>203628711
>Vietnam is the only ASEAN country
You forgot Brunei.
>not economically ruled by Chinese
A businesswoman of Chinese descent was found to have embezzled at least $12 billion from the bank she owned last year. That amount of money is nearly 3 times the net worth of the richest person here.
>>
>>203630005
Considering that she's getting the death penalty, that's not exactly economic rule.
>>
>>203629794
OP is talking about "economically ruled" not "culturally ruled", Walabing Rodriguez.
>>
>>203628711
>23% of the pop is Chinese
they can't be that low, i see them everywhere
>>
>>203630329
You probably live in a city. Imagine all the shithole jungle villages that you never go to that are 0% Chinese.
>>
>>203630602
my dad's home town is literally Kelantan, the state with the most Malays and the most famous shop there is a Chinese medicine shop and a Chinese kopitiam
i'm telling you, they're everywhere
>>
>>203630329
If one drop rule is applied, OP pic will be very different.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.