[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/int/ - International

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

>new Realme smartphone is two times as powerful as iPhone 16 max
IPhone sistas, our response? How do you respond to that without sounding mad?
>>
>>203629536
do modern day phones still have holes in the screen? wtf?
>>
>>203629536
Cool, and this affects my phone usage experience how, exactly?
>>
>>203629536
The only people who care about phone specs are thirdies so they can play mobile games.
>>
>>203629970
it doesn't but please buy the newest goyslop 3000 anyway because we need the line to go up
>>
>>203629536
Which is the latest one? Everything sounds the same now
>>
>>203629536
Not to defend itoddlers but last chinkshit I had started slowing down and becoming laggy garbage after 1-2 years
>>
>>203630049
Unless you could get an iphone for the same price you bought that chinkshit, chinkshit still wins.
>>
who cares. every upgrade after the the iphone 4 was pointless. it takes calls, goes on the internet, and plays video. what kind of incel activities are you doing on your phone to need PC specs??
>>
File: 16389283923934.jpg (113 KB, 570x754)
113 KB
113 KB JPG
>>203629536
My phone cost €180 new last year. I paid €120 on sale.
>>
>Google pixel 5
170 euro
>Google pixel 6
200 euro
>Google pixel 7
250 euro
>Google pixel 8
550 euro
>Google pixel 9
850 euro

Hmm it seems buying whatever costs 200-250 euro at the moment is always the smartest choice
>>
iPhones have the fastest smartphone processors, meme benchmarks don't mean anything. They're overpriced anyway, but this cope is nonsense.
>>
I don't want rtx on a phone.
>>
>>203629576
Most of them do. It's for the selfie camera.
>>
>>203632463
Ummm but think about the 5G Internet downloading 10 TB/second because... Because... Because you want it!!! Yo will need a faster processor to process all this data you consume
>>
>>203629536
If you live in the usa having anything besides an iPhone is social suicide
>>
Honest question, why would any adult care about those specs?
You can browse web, watch 4k videos on Youtube, listen to Spotify etc with a much weaker phone.
>>
>>203634058
there are many nerds who just take an interest in these things (me included, somewhat)
>>
>>203634058
Numbers must go up
>>
>>203629536
Who cares? All you need a phone to be able to do is run a browser and messaging apps.
>>
I got iPhone 15 from work and I don't see the point of using iPhone over Android.

For tinkerers there's no customization. For normies there's nothing Android is missing at premium price
>>
>>203629536
women will vomit on the spot if they see your realme phone
>>
>>203634444
I'm keep switching between my Realme GT and iPhone 15 in public to flex on them.
>>
>>203634395
>All you need a phone to be able to do is run a browser and messaging apps.
No. Today you need it to do business with your bank, with your health insurance, with government offices etc. etc. And you need it to run a relatively current operating system version, or else those vital apps will stop working one day.
>>
>>203634058
Thurdoids care because they use their smartphones for everything you'd use your computer phone.

They're too poor to afford a computer and a phone at the same time.
And their powergrid goes down like 7+ times a day so a desktop PC would require an UPS which they also can't afford
>>
>>203634504
>Today you need it to do business with your bank, with your health insurance, with government offices etc. etc.
If it can run a browser, it can run those kinds of apps.
>And you need it to run a relatively current operating system version
Well obviously, that and the battery losing function are the only real reasons to switch phones.
>>
>>203634585
>If it can run a browser, it can run those kinds of apps.
Not true for all apps. I used to develop apps and I know there's basically two approaches to app development: Those that run in browsers with plugins, and those that are developed natively. The government work agency has an app that runs in a browser. My bank and my health insurance do not, they have natively developed apps.
>>
>>203634585
>If it can run a browser, it can run those kinds of apps.
That's untrue. BLIK payment system in Poland is mobile-app only. No bank offers browser availability for that function.
Same with a government app where you can access your IDs, driver's license, car insurance, car details or receipts from physicians - it's mobile only
>>
>>203634763
>app where you can access your IDs
Right, I forgot about that because I've only used it once. But that's right, our ID cards have a builtin chip that can be read via a phones NFC capabilities if you have the correct PIN number.
Also next year in Germany we're getting the "electronic patient's file", i.e. we can access our medical data, what doctors have found out about us, what medication is prescribed, how the blood test results came back etc. etc. via an app. That app is also natively developed and does not run in a browser for security reasons.
>>
>>203629536
>muh benchmark
Smartphone purpose is to browse websites and use basic apps, a 200€ chinkphone from 5 years ago is all you need
>>
>>203634504
>Today you need it to do business with your bank, with your health insurance, with government offices etc. etc.
Is it really like that in Germoney? Here I can use my bank's webpage on the browser for transfers etc, same is true for those other things.
>>
>>203635589
Internet banking does not work just with a web browser anymore. You need two factor authentication, and that means you either download, verify and authenticate the app on your smartphone, or you need to buy a dedicated authentication device. Otherwise you can't even see your bank statements in a web browser.
>>
>>203635748
I see. My bank just uses text messages for the two-factor authentication and I know that at least one other bank uses the same system. I think you can opt-in for the app-based authentication, but it's not mandatory (for these two banks at least).
>>
>>203635748
i only need a browser and a device at home that's free to get. they just give you a code online on the website you have to enter, you enter that code inside the device with your pin, enter the code it spits out and you're good to go
you have to do it for basically every action, but i never enter my pin on my computer, only on that device, it's always encrypted
>>
>>203636594
oh obviously you have to enter your card into the little machine first or it's not going to work
have been doing it this way for 14 years
>>
>>203636330
>My bank just uses text messages for the two-factor authentication
We used to have that, but then the bank started charging 40 Eurocents for each text message that they sent out. Obviously they have to pay the phone providers for the text messages AND they charge a fee on top of that.
>>
If you buy iphone you are a retard its simple as that they are riddled with feces because they are made by street shitters
>>
File: images-365.jpg (31 KB, 487x630)
31 KB
31 KB JPG
>>203629536
I was saving for the realme 12 pro plus. What phone is that?
>>
>>203637559
jelly poorfag rasist from selo
>>
>>203636330
>sms for 2FA
lmao that's so fucking insecure that you might as well not have 2FA at all
>>
what the fuck is a "realme"
>>
>>203637877
Just for clarity, how it works is that the bank sends you a long key code list by mail and then, when you pay a bill you first input a specific code from that list and then a separate code that you get by SMS.
>>
>>203637892
A better xiaomi chinkphone.
>>
>>203638673
Xiaomi is top tier THOUGH

-Posted from my Xiaomi Redmi Note 13 Pro Plus
>>
File: redmi 4 prime.jpg (118 KB, 1024x768)
118 KB
118 KB JPG
>>203640216
their hardware is good for the price, but MIUI sucks
also I hate how they only build phablets
I really liked my Redmi 4 Prime
>>
>>203640270
Picked up an old iphone 5 or someshit a couple days ago and the screen was comically small
Unironically could never go back to small screens
>>
>>203634557
>because they use their smartphones for everything you'd use your computer phone
seems like to be the only real answer to why people buy these multiple hundred dollar overpriced bricks

t. never had my four year old $100 redmi phone lag out even once
>>
File: IMG_5526.jpg (645 KB, 828x618)
645 KB
645 KB JPG
>>203634058
Mobile games
>>
>>203632339
>used Pixel 7 is only EUR 250 or CAD 375

Why is used phone so cheap in Germany?
>>
>>203640270
They moved on from MIUI to HyperOS recently. It's pretty close to stock android now.
>>
>>203640515
iPhone 5 is too small indeed, but the current phablets are too large
>>203640669
when I watched some reviews of HyperOS it seemed just like a rebranded MIUI
>>
>>203629999
So they can watch YouTube videos and have video calls in public with no headphones

FTFY
>>
>>203640695
idk, maybe there are some options. I recently god myself a chinkpone, and after debloating it, it's bssically the same as gfs pixel 7
>>
>>203631880
Honestly? I want a phone I can buy and forget about for 5-6 years. I can do that with an iPhone, I can’t do that with chink shit
>>
>>203640695
>current phablets are too large
I started enjoying modern day phone screen sizes when I switched to gesture controls
If you never have to touch your screen outside of thumb range, I'm fine with screens being even bigger
>>
my chinkphone is almost 4 years old and is basically the same, even the battery, hate to break it to you iSodomites but chinkphones aren't bad anymore, especially if you're tech literate and buy phone because of specs and not brand, clowns :)
>>
>>203640718
real shit though
what's with "thirdies" and talking to their family members/friends via a video call?
i see central asians walking around and doing this all the time
>>
ive been using an iphone since the 3g came out. i dont care that much about performance scores because i stand android
>>
>>203640870
My experience with chinkphones has unironically changed my opinion of "made in China"
From a mark of trash to quality
>>
>>203640962
*cant stand
>>
>>203640870
>almost 4 years old
It hasn't received a security update in two years then
If you had any assets in your bank account then 489 Sukhdeeps from Bangalore would be very happy men
>>
>>203637877
>>203640669
>>203640764
smirdi
>>
>>203640870
>clowns :)
i have never used iphone but i would take it any day over a chinkphone. Those specs aka who gets higher score in benchmark test doesn't matter anymore, software is much more important and apple should be pretty good at that
>>
Why are thirdies in a constant state of seethe and cope about Apple?

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.