[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/jp/ - Otaku Culture

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 0787909009.jpg (674 KB, 850x1200)
674 KB
674 KB JPG
what operating system does ur favourite 2hu use
>>
>>46675189
A fucking Apple phone.
>>
File: 1686124483831185.jpg (126 KB, 1000x1000)
126 KB
126 KB JPG
Windows
>>
File: Th09TewiInaba.png (80 KB, 251x289)
80 KB
80 KB PNG
>>46675189
plan 9
>>
>>46675189
Too crazy to even use a computer.
>>
Install Len'en
>>
File: 1708879720639600.png (2.83 MB, 1371x1939)
2.83 MB
2.83 MB PNG
Linux, she runs on Gentoo
>>
File: cccmos.png (489 KB, 479x538)
489 KB
489 KB PNG
Guess who.
>>
>>46675270
>Linux
>Operating system
Linux is a kernel, anon. Shame on you.

Yuuka is a granny, so she'd probably use Windows 98.
>>
Japanese bird reinstalling XP
>>
>>
>>46675871
>Linux is a kernel, anon. Shame on you.
I'd whip out the Alpine copypasta if this was /g/.
>>
>>46676554
You're in a /g/ shitposting thread, might as well.
>>
>>46676565
Alright then.
>"I use Linux as my operating system," I state proudly to the unkempt, bearded man. He swivels around in his desk chair with a devilish gleam in his eyes, ready to mansplain with extreme precision. "Actually", he says with a grin, "Linux is just the kernel. You use GNU+Linux!' I don't miss a beat and reply with a smirk, "I use Alpine, a distro that doesn't include the GNU Coreutils, or any other GNU code. It's Linux, but it's not GNU+Linux." The smile quickly drops from the man's face. His body begins convulsing and he foams at the mouth and drops to the floor with a sickly thud. As he writhes around he screams "I-IT WAS COMPILED WITH GCC! THAT MEANS IT'S STILL GNU!" Coolly, I reply "If windows were compiled with GCC, would that make it GNU?" I interrupt his response with "-and work is being made on the kernel to make it more compiler-agnostic. Even if you were correct, you won't be for long." With a sickly wheeze, the last of the man's life is ejected from his body. He lies on the floor, cold and limp. I've womansplained him to death.
>>
File: C.jpg (150 KB, 850x1035)
150 KB
150 KB JPG
>Your 2hu
>The programming language she uses
>>
>>46675217
I like this image
>>
>>46676859
Lily White is in all honesty probably too much of a fairy to make sense of even simple programming tasks, but she loves the idea of using Spring framework purely because of its name. As for the language - whatever the current simplest syntax-wise JVM Java-interoperable language is. Kotlin?
>>
>>46675217
Can anyone explain the jokes? I only get the easy ones like Cirno and Nitori.
>>
>>46676923
Koishi's language is Brainfuck, and I think the joke with Yukari and Yuyuko is just that Fortran and COBOL are fucking ancient.
>>
>>46675647
Rinnosuke
>>
>>46676923
Java and C# are widely used general-purpose programming languages that are fairly similar to each other.
Scala is a language running on the Java virtual machine, so it makes sense as a counterpart to Reimu's Java.
Not sure about Youmu being Clojure. Might have something to do with Reimu and Sanae also being languages that run on the JVM.
C++ is a very fast general-purpose language with a huge amount of functionality, so it fits a maid that can stop time.
Kanako being Python should be pretty obvious.
I think Nitori is C because it's a language for nerds?
SQL is used for querying databases, which are kind of like libraries.
I don't know enought about Go to say why it's given to Miko. I think's an analogy between Go's focus on concurrency and Miko's ability.
Rust tries to enforce (judge) code safety.
Koishi is Brainfuck. I think that speaks for itself.
Solidity is used for some crypto stuff.
GLSL is used to write shaders for graphics programming.
Scratch is an educational language for children.
Aya is Swift because she's a bird.
JavaScript is stereotypically a language for zoomers.
Erlang has a general philosophy of letting threads crash and restarting them when needed instead of recovering from failures, kind of like Mokou's reincarnation.
Malbolge is an esoteric language that's meant to be impossible to program in.
Lua is a very lightweight language often embedded into other applications.
LilyPond is used to generating sheet music.
R and Julia are languages used for statistics.
Fortran and COBOL are some of the oldest languages still in use.
I don't think I need to explain Kutaka.
>>
File: glsl.png (138 KB, 306x308)
138 KB
138 KB PNG
>>46677167
NTA but thanks.
>>
>>46676923
Shit, >>46677167 beat me to it. I like mine better so I'll post it anyway.

>Reimu = Java
Basic shit everyone knows about, is mostly popular with those who don't know about better alternatives
>Marisa = C#
Java but better and slightly less popular
>Youmu = Clojure
Autistic and dorky, but very powerful in its own autistic way
>Sanae = Scala
Anti-Java Java clone no one cares about
>Sakuya = C++
Extremely fast, but will stab you without warning from unexpected directions
>Kanako = Python
Gets its power from its large following and keeping up with trends, despite being shit
>Nitori = C
Old school but still relevant tech, used for programming machines and robots
>Patchouli = SQL
Maintains large databases
>Miko = Go
Concurrent programming language, for doing many things at once
>Eiki = Rust
Very strict about safety and rules, to the point of being annoying
>Koishi = BrainFuck
Impossible to read
>Joon = Solidity
Language for making smart contracts using blockchains
>Keiki = GLSL
Language for rendering graphics
>Cirno = Scratch
Made for retards and children
>Aya = Swift
Probably just the name and logo. I give it a pass for the illustration.
>Sumireko = Javascript
Favored by the young and hip (and dumb), shows up in a lot of places it shouldn't be
>Mokou, Erlang
Keeps working even if everything is fucked, solves errors by crashing and restarting
>Seija = Malbolge
Literally designed to be the worst programming language ever
>Shinmyoumaru = Lua
Tiny yet powerful, can fit almost anywhere
>Raiko = LilyPond
Program for composing music
>Ran = R
Language for statistical analysis
>Chen = Julia
Language for mathematical analysis, can be used within R
>Yukari = Fortran
Old
>Yuyuko = COBOL
Old and dead
>Kutaka = ChickenScheme
Chicken
>>
File: KUTAKA HATCHED.jpg (115 KB, 900x1200)
115 KB
115 KB JPG
>>46677314
CHICKEN?!
>>
Shouldn't patchy be Lisp?
>>
Windows 10 LTSC IoT

Courtesy of /g/
>>
>>46675189
A custom OS she wrote herself with some help from her assistant Chiyuri. I can't remember its name tho
>>
>>46677167
>>46677314
R is also for Ran.
>>
the shrine maiden with her fav TempleOS
>>
>>46678687
The story of the guy that made that programming language is almost as crazy as Touhou itself, lol/
>>
>>46677790
Lisp is about being quick-thinking and direct, using the minimum amount of information to solve a problem. Basically the opposite of Patchy.
I think SQL is extra appropriate becauses not only is it a large database system, it's also extremely quirky and autistic, prone to breaking down unless you cater to its autistic special needs, and vulnerable to attacks.
>>
File: 1484940523308.jpg (66 KB, 800x534)
66 KB
66 KB JPG
>>
File: 20240329_191918.jpg (885 KB, 1728x2304)
885 KB
885 KB JPG
Arch (she uses arch btw)
>>
File: IMG_20240426_090237_111.jpg (152 KB, 1188x1188)
152 KB
152 KB JPG
NixOS.
>>
>>46678859
>TempleOS
>that programming language
Come on. As for the programming language, not sure if Holy C counts as a separate language, but he was proud of making a C compiler from scratch.
>>
>>46675189
The latest version of windows because it came preinstalled. I don't imagine she would do much on a computer other than look up drink recipes and google random questions she has.

I'm kind of curious myself, what do people who require specialized operating systems need them for that Windows can't do?
>>
>>46675217
Who in Gensokyo use VBA?
>>
>>46689423
>I'm kind of curious myself, what do people who require specialized operating systems need them for that Windows can't do?
I switched to Linux because Windows 10 became unusable on HDD. I have an SSD in the current machine, but I'm still not coming back.
>>
File: 1712677960383060.png (913 KB, 1060x1400)
913 KB
913 KB PNG
>>46677826
more like LTSC ToT
>>
>>46689423
A better question, what would various Hu's use a computer for?
>>
what the fuck is chickenscheme?
>>
>>46675217
Where is Rust
>>
>>46675270
lies. I happen to know she isn't POSIX compliant.
>>
>>46689423
>what do people who require specialized operating systems need them for that Windows can't do?
Not report every single thing you do on your PC to Microsoft, for one thing. Also being fast and responsive.
>>
>>46690988
Eiki, end of the second row.
>>
>>46677167
>>46677314
Good stuff
>>
>>46690383
Oden will never ever again draw a 2hu.
>>
>>46699114
why not?
what happened
I loved his Rumia-chan and Satorin ;_;
>>
>>46675189
Most Japanese people bought prebuilts with non-activated Windows OS, so that
>>
>>46675238
Zun's art always felt right at home with the plan 9 "look". Tewi is a good stand in for glenda. 9front has cirno as a pseudo-official mascot. http://fqa.9front.org/fqa1.html#1.1.1
>>
File: emac-tan.png (1.46 MB, 2508x3541)
1.46 MB
1.46 MB PNG
Would you recommend me a laptop or desktop build for running modern *nix. I don't want to run MacOS.
>>
>>46710244
If you are wanting to run linux on a desktop I would suggest for going a full AMD stack, but otherwise the part selection doesn't matter, that's what I've been running and its even capable of playing most games through proton without much issue.
Laptops are harder, if the thinkpads weren't getting worse year of year I would suggest those. I have some friends that use Dell XPS laptops and they seem like fine. If you want something modern but still on the autistic side I know people who really like the framework laptops but I've never used them myself.
>>
>>46675217
LaTeX
>>
>>46689423
>what do people who require specialized operating systems need them for that Windows can't do?
Serious development, optimization and customisation and control on/over your OS.
If something's gets messed up, on Linux distros usually you can fix it yourself within a reasonable timeframe just by searching stuff online.
On wangblows™, you'll have to wait a week or more until their codemonkeys release an update that fixes the errors of a previous update (but good luck, it's been years and they still can't fix the issue where you need to uninstall your drivers and reboot every few days for your laptop battery to be able to charge).
>>
>>46675189

I have a feeling Kaguya would use either Windows XP as that operating system refuses to die in its usage around the world plus IN released in 2004 so it feels more fitting
>>
>>46689423
If you're running modern hardware there's little reason to use something like linux outside of personal preference, for the average user.

BUT if you have something like an old laptop lying around, you'd be amazed at just how much better the thing runs. It really makes a world of a difference, you can't really appreciate just how much bloat is in Windows, always running, until you've compiled your own kernel with the bare necessities of what you need and seen what a difference it makes. An ancient piece of junk can actually be worked into a pretty reliable little thing.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.