[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/jp/ - Otaku Culture

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

http://www.cool-b.jp/calendar.php

https://www.4gamer.net/script/search/index.php?mode=schedule&;JOSHIBU

FAQ & Resources:
http://pastebin.com/PxzvdMjA
Rec Chart:
http://pastebin.com/dDnYWGem

Previous Thread: >>46958392
>>
/blog/ is dead
>>
>>47134757
Just sleeping for a bit, the last thread was considerably more active because of Paradise and the BL releases. I wish I got something more to talk about besides shitposting.
>>
>>47132155
>>47132155
Kouichi was the best boy in arcadia. Had the mc literally say he loved his dick.
>>
>>47134757
It took me a little longer to find the new thread because the title is missing the first /.
>>
>>47134757
nah i'm just too busy playing elden ring
hoping and praying the leaks are real and the ending is just gay incest shotacon being canonized
>>
Not /blog/ but did anyone else play the shotacon yuribait cannibalism game
>>
>>47139829
hold on, which one is that?
>>
>>47139829
The what?
>>
>>47142676
>>47142677
Nikuniku. Shock value trash.
>>
Have there been any western visual novels that have come out that are on par with Japanese visual novels? Any that you guys liked?
>>
The Veilguard should at least be better than Inquisition...
>>
>>47147303
I can’t believe there’s not a single attractive team mate…for a game so heavy on romance they’re all so ugly/plain looking.
>>
>>47142676
>>47142677
https://vndb.org/v49274
Dunno why that other anon is such a hater since if “cannibal shota guroge” piques your interest then nothing in that game is really gonna shock you…
It’s just a fun short game with a cute shota, cute girls and guro, what more do you want
>>
>>47149103
>no futa
>>
>>47151372
And that's a good thing!
>>
Who is the mink of Tokyo Satsujinki Gakkou no Kaidan?
>>
>>47151372
There actually is a futa scene but it’s futa on girl and not the shota
>>
Wait, I finished Tsubaki's routes and started Tendou and Tsubaki's branch disappeared from the flowchart. That's not a bug, right?
>>
>>47153496
That didn't happen to me, and I haven't heard of it happening to anyone else, it seems like a bug. You need to have played both Tendou and Tsubaki to progress so you might have to skip through to Tsubaki's end again. There's a skip to next choice option in the bar at the top if that helps.
>>
>>47153541
Okay, I'll see if I have to do that after finishing Tendou. I somehow didn't notice the skip to next choice option so that will be useful, thanks!
>>
File: file.png (3.28 MB, 1920x1200)
3.28 MB
3.28 MB PNG
>>47153496
What was your impression anon? I'm still on Tendou (I think). I believe the suicide choice makes the route split?
>>
File: ok.png (1.41 MB, 1440x790)
1.41 MB
1.41 MB PNG
>>47154297
Yeah, what you pick in that scene near the beginning determines which route you go on. And Tsubaki is a cute and good boy who got caught up in some stuff. It's funny to see his extraversion combined with MC's awkwardness. They both kind of act like they're from some shoujo manga when they start liking each other. As for the plot, it left me with sooo many questions about all the other characters (including MC) but I'm sure those'll all be addressed in the other routes. I don't think you were referring to the ending where they both kill themselves in your spoiler but that one especially makes me curious about Isshiki and Inami.
>>
Since otome with loli FeMCs are pretty uncommon, what about the next best thing: childish-acting MCs that are notably coddled by the LIs? A lot of MCs are innocent and naive, but still somewhat fill a caretaker role. I've been craving more of the dynamic. It's been a while but from what I remember I think Norn9's Koharu maybe fits the bill, and to some extent Tierblade's Eve.
>>
File: file.png (2.74 MB, 1920x1200)
2.74 MB
2.74 MB PNG
Honestly this route barely feels like BL; i'm not even sure how the romance is gonna start.
>>
>>47155539
Young girls don't like icky boys.
>>
>>47156221
I still haven't had a chance to start the game. From what you've all been saying it sounds interesting, looking forward to it.
>>
what is virche consensus here
>>
File: 1698440859351687.jpg (86 KB, 720x500)
86 KB
86 KB JPG
>>47168738
I don't know about the other anons but its okay. Great boys, visually great, music is great but story drags on for too long (in true otomate fashion) and some of the despair writing isn't even sad, just melodramatic. The scifi explanations were dumb too and I'm someone who can usually overlook real-life inaccuracies, it just always worked very conveniently.
I also wasnt a fan of having to play all the bad endings to finally get the salvation endings. The salvation endings themselves were very good though except for one character's, poor guy.
>>
>>47168738
Ankou is the cutest and best
>>
File: おやつ.png (1.95 MB, 1404x1221)
1.95 MB
1.95 MB PNG
Nice product placement. makes me wonder where Azuma and the rest fled to. Background noises in the marketplace implies they're on some Southeast Asian island nation but I dunno
>>47147022
Cinderella Phenomenon was pretty all right for what it is and could be comparable to a Japanese one if it wasn't for the art style and lack of VA work. I didn't like any of the other /blog/ oriented OELVNs I read unfortunately desu. For non-/blog/ ones, Class of '09 was kinda entertaining where it was intentionally made out to be satire kuso in the same vein as popular Western sitcoms. The girl protagonist is a massive cunt who's good at messing with others, especially with the guys, so something a bit different.
>>
>>47169326
>Background noises in the marketplace implies they're on some Southeast Asian island nation but I dunno
Yeah everything makes it look like SEA, and it makes sense being both fairly close and fairly far from Japan.
It had a church so it must be a country with some Christian presence like the Philippines, but also the church was empty/abandoned so it could have been Indonesia or even Bali (the Dutch and Portuguese must have built a few during the colonial period surely)
It could also be some island-country in the Pacific I guess (Fiji?)
I don't know if the author even get it that much thought.

>pic
the text reminds of those AI-generated unreadable logos.
>>
File: Spoiler Image (883 KB, 720x941)
883 KB
883 KB PNG
Tokyo Satsujinki
Does he have a route?
>>
>>47169714
Yeah, those are all pretty fair guesses. Personally headcanoned it as the Philippines because not only the church but also the strong Western influence from the Americans/Spanish vs. the more Asian environment in the rest of SEA and how Azuma described the locals too. But yeah, figured it's something vaguely left as is intentionally since background/world building isn't exactly the authors' strongest suit imo. I do wished Paradise had a bit more on that regard
>>
>takara talking tons of shit about matsuda in one of his musubi povs while trying to scheme against him
>thinks he knows everything about everyone
>fucks up and gets cucked by matsuda at the end

this will never stop being funny to me.
>>
https://x.com/utapri_official/status/1804895255449489588?t=eJPU-Njr_VAvtnZrwG26WA&s=19

It's happening or too early to celebrate?
>>
>>47171706
They made that exact same tweet last year
>>
>>47171505
takara is just a dumb kid after all
he's downright moe in the Kiwame alternate timeline where his entire plan goes wrong from day 1
>>
>>47172080
>screws up even harder
cute
>>
>>47171746
Lame
>>
If there're any remaining diabolik wifebeaters fans here and are eops, lost eden got an english patch too.
Only the 2 fandisks and the last game, lineage have no patch yet.
I don't know if the patch team plans to do the fandisks, since both of them have online translations, but the last game doesn't have a complete one from what I know.
>>
File: Majima qt.png (1.2 MB, 1000x1300)
1.2 MB
1.2 MB PNG
Happy birthday to our husband sisters.
Getting cuter each year that passes. He's so perfect.

Have ever celebrated your boys birthday Chinese stay style?
>>
>>47178419
It's not finished but I sketched a picture for his special day. June is an unlucky month for me but his existence is auspicious.
https://a.uguu.se/GQxnkvTN.png
>>
File: Chinese yume stacy.jpg (447 KB, 1024x4664)
447 KB
447 KB JPG
>>47178419
*have you ever celebrated
*Chinese yume Stacy
I really admire them and salute their dedication!

>>47178524
That's so adorable sis, cute artwork that you made here! <3.
I wish I knew how to bake, I'd make him a small cake like Chinese Stacies.
>>
File: file.png (2.23 MB, 1920x1080)
2.23 MB
2.23 MB PNG
Started Yoshiwara Higanbana in an attempt to understand 女心 so far it's just made me more suspicious. Shigure with his glasses seems cool. But I do think I'll go for Shinobu first as I am also a drunkard, but maybe I should save the most fun route for last? Language wise I seem to be getting bodied by "these words only appear amongst edo period whores" but that's part of the fun. Also if pic related happened to me I think I'd tone down the booze or quit entirely.
>>
>>47149103
the eroge general was talking about it. I was disappointed it didn't have much yuri because the cover implied it (in my head at least), they said it was better than the previous game
>>
>>47178953
The guro is better and more creative than the first game but I liked Mia and the antagonist more even though he’s an ugly old man
>>
>>47178941
>Yoshiwara Higanbana
I had my eye on this for a good while actually. If this is worth its salt to even the non-otome audience then even more reason to give it a shot sooner than later.
>>
>the PITCHER isn't a smug asshole and doesn't have an ego the size of Russia
Dropped
>>
>>47180709
keep in mind that the non otome audience might have very different expectations than you. I basically just filtered for otome games on vndb that had r18 content and picked the first one that seemed interesting. I will say having a choice for every point in the conversation is a bit exhausting
>>
https://gamebiz.jp/news/388272

CyberAgent acquires Nitroplus
>>
>>47182249
Is this a good or a bad thing? I thought nitro was doing good financially :v
>>
>>47182249
At least it's a Japanese company?
>>
>>47182249
Can they go back to making VNs again?
>>
>>47182249
Smells like gacha in the air. I think Nitro+ tried before but failed lol
>>
>>47182789
https://www.cyberagent.co.jp/way/list/detail/id=30416
I'm not getting too many red flags from this, but only time will tell.
>>
Anyone tried any of those Chinese otome games on steam?
>>
>>47190252
I played this one. Good for what it is, though nothing outstanding imo. I enjoyed 3/4 of the LIs, and the art is pretty. I was disappointed the blonde twink didn’t have route since he’s on one of the covers, but whatever.
>>
Man Tokyo Satsujinki isn't really doing with for me. I don't know if it's the kuunde protagonist or the route I landed it on being kinda boring.
>>
>>47193469
What route?
>>
File: Migiwa.jpg (74 KB, 1280x752)
74 KB
74 KB JPG
>>47178594
I finished nil admirari fairely recently and Migiwa ended up being my favorite. I used to not like walking stds womanizers like Ren Jingunji or Ikki but I loved this guy. The pathetic suicidal turbo slut trope is peak, I underestimated it.
>>
https://x.com/peaky_info/status/1806521084646396292?t=C8fUW398GbAW2A-zL_blgA&s=19
>>
>>47196943
Which retarded eop uploaded the cg on twitter?
>>
>>47194855
I liked nil admirari a lot! And slut sensei for the exact same reasons haha. Akira was my favorite. I normally don't like younger LIs but Hisui was adorable!
The burn for my beloved Ren...:( I know that blog sisters don't like him but Mizuhito is peak pathetic depressed slut!

>>47196943
Kek but like >>47197909 said don't post cgs on twatter, at least from public accounts where you know companies can see + putting tags, it's common sense.
>>
>>47197909
Not sure, they also put it in Japanese. Though people post games CG all the time while playing times, this is the first time I see such a warning.
>>
>>47194350
Tendou
>>
>>47197909
>Which retarded eop uploaded the cg on twitter?
Honestly they are in for a surprise if they think the can control what people post on the web. The game is already piratable and I assume CGs will get uploaded on the usual sites at some point.
>>
>>47200018
Oh really, have you gotten to the first H-scene yet? Protagonist kind of changes after that and their dynamic becomes more interesting. But I've also been reading at a really slow pace myself. Some parts of this VN are really interesting for me but some are kind of boring.
>>
>>47200027
You will be surprised to find out that x has an intellectual property policy, and the game has one too, so if they really wanted to, they could easily take your account down for that
>>
>>47201175
Yeah I did but it's looks like it's the mink/hanazawa of the game and I'm not into that.. Romance wise it has been a kinda flat line, I kinda wish I had done the other's dude instead.
>>
>>47201205
The whole thing seem more JP not understand social medias more than anything. Like those morons who don't want to port game on PC because they'll get modded and stuff.
>>
>>47201205
I know there are IP policies involved and understand the company's concerns on the matter, but was there a specific incident where an account did get taken down for posting CGs and other critical game related content? Some of the biggest sites that host game CGs (ex. sad panda) have been around for years so people are just gonna keep on posting this sort of content even if a few accounts get warned/taken down.
>>
>>47201399
In order to shut down these sites, you first have to see where the servers are hosted. If that country has no legal problems with that issue, there is not much the companies can do. Social networks are a completely different matter. The CG situation is especially worrisome for companies in the case of new games; you may be ruining the experience for future readers.
>>
>>47201431
Who is even posting cg with offical tags?
>>
>>47201431
This is the first time I see a VN company do this desu. A lot of people on twitter post screenshots on JP VN all the time.
>>
>>47201440
You get accounts of related content from time to time even without tags. I've found a lot of people to follow that way on x
>>
>>47201444
I feel that it is not the same to upload a screenshot of a vn with text, as it is to simply upload the CG. I think there are some legal issues related to that, but I would have to look it up
>>
>>47201440
Like anon said, you can get twitter posts without tags. I'm not sure how it works, but it seems like it knows what you're viewing even if you don't follow specific people. I hear a lot of people complain about /pol/shit but I get nothing about that on my feed. I assume if I browse more JP BLVN accounts, I would probably run into spoilers.
>>
>>47201311
Yeah, though it gets more... normal later. Other guy's route is definitely more sweet and romance-focused.
>>
File: Spoiler Image (1.39 MB, 1138x671)
1.39 MB
1.39 MB PNG
It's not strictly speaking /blog/ but has anyone here played Mamiya? I'm stuck, I've collected every chapter, CG and ending (as far as I know) for Downfall but Doomsday Dreams is still greyed out. Am I missing something or is this a bug?
>>
>>47202336
Ignore this, I fixed it.
>>
https://ci-en.net/creator/24288/crowdfunding/696
Help anons if you have to spare
>>
>>47204967
Isn't it not even BL?
>>
>>47204967
Is this game good? It's free so I'll at least download it.
>>
>>47204967
Ok
>>
Does anyone know how much censorship was done to the Switch port of 絶対階級学園?
>>
When L&D released Cage-Close- they made two pre-order booklets. One was LOVE LETTER FROM MYDEAR, this was a Stellaworth exclusive. It had a short comic and a prequel SS, 紺野と大衡 (Teppei POV). Aarin has this one. The quality is, well, it's only barely readable, but barely readable is still readable, so.
Anyway, the other was Cage-Novelty-. I don't really know the specifics of this one, maybe an event exclusive, or direct order from them, dunno. It had two short stories, 倉庫 IN MY HEAD, this is a prequel story about Teppei and Kurusu (Teppei POV), and Water Front, this is a Konno family story around the start of the game (Tetsuya POV). Enjoy.
https://mega.nz/file/r8cXjCqA#wToa-M-3LWUJRDRWwiPn-HiyEoJryICLG1ZtzfQBXSA
>>
>>47214803
Thanks for sharing anon!
>>
>>47155539
Mathias from Virche and Crow from Bustafe fit this criteria.
I love them but .. as a romantic option..? Gross no thanks I like my guys manly, not mommy-pilled
>>
>>47214803
Holy shit, thank you!
>>
File: hashihime3.png (597 KB, 1030x607)
597 KB
597 KB PNG
I miss him
>>
File: Mitsugi Bullying.png (2.5 MB, 1957x1440)
2.5 MB
2.5 MB PNG
>drops dead after inflating a single beach ball
>had to be carried by the rest of the team after jobbing hard
Bet he's also bad at giving bjs.
>>
>>47222626
Kek is that the reason why he never gave azuma a bj? My sides.
He got bullied a lot in Kiwame kek.
>>
File: 24-30-06_10-56-03AM.png (757 KB, 1603x433)
757 KB
757 KB PNG
>>47222660
Mitsugi literally can't stop losing.
>oh it broke?? no worries i have 15 cameras in my luggage hehe ;)))
Also lmao at this autist. Love it how shimada stinks like a shitposter
>>
>>47222737
Shimada deserved a full route. I absolutely love Nanjo. Fucking up everyone while being a turbo autist.
>>
>>47222832
We got shortchanged with the side characters for sure - deserved way more. Shimada is hilarious but his part in the Musubi FD is unfortunately my least favorite.
>>
>>47222832
At least he got one in Kiwame
>>
tfw no Matsuda DVing Mitsugi to give proper blowjobs
>>
Will someone spoil Tokyo Satsujinki Gakkou like Arcadia? What's the big twist?
>>
>>47229868
Just play the game yourself instead of begging every time
>>
>>47229868
One anon did somewhat spoil what the twist was last thread.
>>
So they just announced a new anime project for Rayearth(probably a manga faithful remake). Do you think it could be popular enough to spawn more otome heroine isekai projects? So tired of the "reincarnated as villainesses" trope, the otome isekai needs some refreshing.
>>
>>47233619
Is CLAMP still popular enough to be relevant. Have they finally finished X?
>>
>>47235305
No they haven't and probably never will.
>>
>>47235835
In the end it doesn't matter. The ending they would have written 25 years ago is not the ending they'd write now.
I don't even remember the story anymore. But that one chapter was formative, that's all that matters.
>>
Is I doll U really that bad? I thought about Inu x Boku for the first time in a while and remembered the artist did an otome game.
>>
>>47240566
Okay if you like idolshit.
>>
Sites up for Distorted Code.
I hope Takuyo can make something cool again since their darker themed games have a good track record but I won't set my expectations high since they haven't made anything decent in almost 10 years now.
>>
File: file.png (567 KB, 801x596)
567 KB
567 KB PNG
If only.
I'm sure this is a nice game, but it's not for me. Too bad.
>>
>>47249169
Playing Sweet clown atm and I absolutely love it. I'm going to do getsuei and shinigami to shoujo next. These three are their strongest games. I hope distorted code joins them!
I like their comedies too kaeru, himehibi, but their psychological creepy games are pure kino.
I'll trade romance over kino plot.
>>
>>47249420
What didn't you like about it? Too slow paced?
>>
>>47249967
I can't for the life of me care about Souta. Protagonists make or break the game for me. If I'm not interested in him this is not going to work.
Though just as I posted that cosmic selfcest out of nowhere temporarily delayed the uninstall.
>>
File: 20180921180633.jpg (161 KB, 600x646)
161 KB
161 KB JPG
>>47250004
Eh I suggest dropping it then. A lot of it is focused on Souta's own self struggles and his relationship with death and depression. Personally I love how the writer portrayed his depression and he's super dere dere in romance which I Like.
>>
>>47250063
I'm giving it a few more hours but I probably will. To be fair I could tell from the start that it was not the type of game I normally enjoy, but it was worth a shot. You never know.
>>
>>47134757
Beautiful
>>
Anons anons, remember that father- daughter otome game on dlsite that costed 60$ and no one was getting? Well a-s chads just did!
>>
File: hedder.jpg (2.09 MB, 1200x1622)
2.09 MB
2.09 MB JPG
Can't wait for this!
Also mistonia and uchoronia are getting localizations.
>>
>>47256757
Takuyo said that it's horror. Do you know other horror otome games anons?
>>
Is this the first time that an ichicolumn game is getting localized?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kyS3oyVxhtk
>>
Can you fuck your brother (real one) in sweet clown?
>>
>>47263794
Depends
Not in the game because it's on consoles but there's extra stuff released later that implies they do
>>
>>47266110
>extra stuff
Cds or SS? I'd like to get them but if it's not a trouble can you tell me what happens in these extra stuff?
>>
>>47266734
https://imgur.com/a/Jxs65A4

SS that was a tokuten for the Switch release. Heavily implied to be taking place after the good ending in the game. There's also another SS from the fanbook but I haven't seen anyone post it, though you could find some JP spoilers on twitter.
>>
>>47267289
Thank you anon! Ugh I hate it so much when they put after good/bad endings stuff on SS or fanbooks, cds, when they can't be easily bought and accessed online.
>cheapest fanbook is more than 200$
fuck them
But thank you. I can enjoy the game more then! They should have made a sequel or dlc though.
>>
>>47267321
I wish they made a sequel too but this is still really good considering both short stories came out 5+ years after the game's initial release. You should also check the official blog on the wayback machine since it has extra lore on the brother.
>>
>>47267611
Oh I didn't check their site yet, time to do so, thanks again anon! Who was your favorite btw?
>>
>courtin' cowboys
>manservant
>sorcerer's choice angel or demon
>blood domination
>my burning heart
which of these should i get
i haven't read tons of BL but honestly nitro-chiral stuff doesn't super appeal to me
>>
>>47268171
Going in I was expecting to like either Hinose or the brother. Out of the four main routes Hinose's was my probably favorite, but otouto was just too strong.
>>
>>47271219
Hinose is very cute and unhinged I also like kakihara he cute blog sisters are rude kek.
But my favorite is Kuze. He's such an adorable 空気読めない autist. All the LIs are fun. I can't wait to do oniichan.
Have you played another game by takuyo anon?
>>
>>47275470
Yeah Kuze was a surprise. I didn't expect to like him but he was extremely cute.
I think I played Kaeru Batake years ago and maybe 2 hours of StS. I want to get back to it eventually.
>>
>>47275564
I'm thinking of playing getsuei no kusari after sweet clown , since both main game and fandisk got a switch version, but I heard it can be quiet rough. Heavily political theme and the romance is slow paced. Kaeru looks like a comedy so something light hearted wouldn't hurt. Shinigami to shoujo is on my list too. And this >>47256757 of course.
I like sweet clowns writing so far.
>>
File: 2024-07-09 09_56_31.jpg (1.12 MB, 1920x1080)
1.12 MB
1.12 MB JPG
I'm starting to understand pathetic moe now.
>>
>>47275746
Poorfag moe kun.
>>
>>47275746
As much as I like that trope time to time, I wish smug, confident guys were pulled off better in otome.
>>
>>47275891
By "pulled off better" I'm assuming you mean bullied by the rest of the cast. Nothing better than an ore-sama who nobody takes seriously.
>>
>>47275953
Nah. Not everything needs to be subverted all the time. Sometimes I just want to enjoy a good ol 俺様 who gets his way.
>>
>>47275953
That isn't a bad trope. Personally, I'd like more of them who gets what he wants as >>47280033 mentioned. If he's so confident about himself then he ought to properly show why he's worth his salt. The best ones to me are those who give plenty of reasons to be viewed as "cool" and entertaining by the audience in a way. Though I guess that isn't very common in the genre, especially when that sort of characterization can also be dependent on the other characters. Kinda why Yang from Piofiore fell flat to me; the MC is too much of a blank slate to do much for him.
On a somewhat off tangent note, I'm currently reading イカベイ as short break from BL/otome to get more acquainted with chuuni writing in JP. The protagonist in that one reminds me how great Taniyama is when portraying pompous bastards.
>>
Anyone else think that Rejet games are so much wasted potential? Their scenarios are good but there’s just zero detail. Their aversion towards prose doesn’t help scenes feel more complete either. It’s like they expect you to take a scene and complete it on your own. That’s not necessarily bad but when every game is like this all the time I feel let down. Or do I just lack imagination?
>>
>>47288246
They're rejects.
>>
>>47288246
Honestly, I figured it's probably because their games aren't R18 despite the scenarios containing the sort of content that ought to be under that label (had it not been for the lack of ero CGs and the more descriptive writing) so it feels half baked in that respect IMO. Don't get me wrong, I did enjoyed some of their stuff, but Rejet sometimes just feels like Fisher Price level wank that could be so much more but isn't.
>>
https://x.com/ume_matutake/status/1811354986863071246?t=-6xCq8dw-q6H0CBAr21luQ&s=19

R18 otome might revive but need our help.
>>
>>47293833
Completely unappealing designs imo. If R18 otome had art styles that were more similar to toned down smutty manhwa (ie not so obsessed with dorito faced giants and fitting Korean beauty standards to the point of uncanniness) I bet you it would have way more attention. If you create a product appealing enough to a lot of people they’ll find a way to consume it even if they can’t speak the language. Just look at Diabolik Lovers.
>>
>>47293833
Not familiar with the writer at all but the entire concept kinda seems hackneyed besides the blonde wanting non-virgins. I'm not sure if I want to drop at least 40+ USD on it for that reason. I don't think most people here have that cash either. I'd happily invest into something like aromarie's works if they started a campaign but this doesn't seem to be it.
>>
>>47299865
>aromarie
What are they even doing anymore. They're dead silent unless its to reprint chdk goods once a year
>>
>>47300131
On life support probably. I don't think they have much money or a lot of morale to even work on games. They made a tweet about considering reprinting merchandise not too long ago because people were dropping them messages. Though it's not like they didn't do a crowd funding campaign before.
>>
>>47299865
>>47300131
>>47300211
I follow both kasai Ayumi and maruki bunge and while both are still very active (maruki wrote a josei yandere otouto novel a few months ago), no mention about Gikei. They did do a crowdfund for their artbook and it sell out so it's not like people wouldn't support them if they did one once again. And eops bought their game too, censored or not.
I hope they come back one day. I'm more hopeful for a aromarie come back than a rejet one.
>>
>>47300507
>maruki wrote a josei yandere otouto novel a few months ago
I love fresh motivation to keep studying
>>
File: Noroigami.jpg (61 KB, 350x500)
61 KB
61 KB JPG
>>47300613
If I had money or talent I'd turn her novels into vns. Her bl ones are ultra kino. My favorite is the ones with the twins. One of the bros returns from war and is now a serial killer cannibal. Mother and noel are hard to swallow too, reminded me a lot of bara no ki ni hana no hanasaku and shingakkou. . Her josei works involve incest and yandere too. Almost all of her works have incest actually. I'm happy that at least she's still active.
>>
>>47300712
Did you buy them anon, or are they uploaded online somewhere? I'd like to read her novels but I'm not familiar with buying from Japanese Amazon.
>>
>>47293833
https://x.com/zakurorain/status/1811777802427105627?t=HwAhSk6eZLPH4PhWF_NrwQ&s=19
R18 otome revival?

>>47301013
I have some I can upload them tmr or Sunday! They're scanned. I don't have her new ones yet because it's very costly the shipping for physical things from cdjapan here. I haven't checked online sites though...if it's Amazon jp I can't get them though region lock lol.
>>
>>47301187
Why not buy digital somewhere else that doesn't have region lock? Like BookLive or honto? Reading on kindle is very convenient and much more pleasant than being restricted to an app/browser, but it's a decent trade off for not having to fuck around with vpn and Japanese credit card bullshit.
>>
>>47301187
>https://x.com/zakurorain/status/1811777802427105627?t=HwAhSk6eZLPH4PhWF_NrwQ&s=19
Finally, some good fucking food.
>>
>>47301218
Do they have marukis older books there too? I used to buy manga and novels dogitally but I'm autistic and prefer physical versions kek but also digital versions you can't download on pdf you either read them through the apps and screenshot analysis is so shit that can't recognize kanji at at times. I'll look into these sites anon, thank you!

Btw i found some of marukis novels on a-z manga. The old ones that don't have digital versions?
>>
>>47301291
https://www.chil-chil.net/authorDetail/author_id/2261/
They seem pretty available to me, no idea about her josei stuff.
As for the apps, they all meet the basic requirements. You can change font size, line width, highlight and search, etc. So it's not too bad. I'd suggest trying both of their service first, then you can pick the one you like more.
>>
>>47301328
Thank you anon for the link and the tips! I'll really like her works thank you!
>>
>>47300712
>mother
from the best novels I've ever read
>>
File: 25950116.jpg (48 KB, 350x500)
48 KB
48 KB JPG
>>47301408
I like futago and gikei the best, but mother kino. And the reason I read it was because the artist did my fav old-school bl manga, hey class president kek. Sasuga, an incestfag that's why they did it together with maruki. She's sick for years now though so the manga is on hiatus. Poor sensei, hope she finishes it one day.
>>
okay, hikari no aka actually died for real this time. fuck
>>
>>47304195
Sony Japan killed them, they continue to be the worst
>>
Although no one really asked for these and I still don't think there's anything terribly exciting on them, I was able to borrow an optical drive, which means I can now rip the Cool-B dvds for the issues I have, because why not. Now, these are pretty big files so I won't be able to host more than a couple of them at a time. So if anyone here is interested I will cycle through vol.38-vol.54 (minus vol.43) over the next couple of weeks. You'll find them in the folder:
https://mega.nz/folder/6sMCVA7J#ja8cDXRIZOpMc0Cnxn5gPg
I won't be posting direct links because I'd rather not leave dead links in the archive. If anyone wants to give these guys a forever home that would also be welcome, otherwise this will be a one-time deal.

By the way, once I have the missing 43 + the doujin special and all the relevant parts are scanned (thank you for your patience) my job here will be done. Which means if there are any issues with lost media that you'd like to see preserved, this would be about the time to let me know. I'm not taking requests, but if/when these two issues pop up, if any wanted lost media happens to be available I'll add them to my order. Kinda gacha, but hey.
>>
File: zseke821107.jpg (45 KB, 314x384)
45 KB
45 KB JPG
>>47306622
Thank you for sharing kind anon. Any shingakkou and omerta ss will always be very welcome.
Btw do you have this as wallpaper anon? And it's SS?
>>
Here's your shota raising sim
https://x.com/H9O6en
>>
>>47309786
>Btw do you have this as wallpaper anon?
Not sure. It could be on one of the DVDs but I have only checked one just to make sure the iso works fine. I'll keep an eye on it.
>And it's SS?
Yeah. Actually 38 was not on my list but I figured you guys might want the Shingakkou bits. There's also a short interview with some of the VAs but it's possible that someone already scanned or translated that ages ago. Well I don't know anything about the fandom since I'm not interested in that game. I do think the short stories had been published as a collection though, so you don't really need the magazines if you want to read them. Probably at least, I didn't really look into that.
But yeah, I haven't announced vol.38, vol.39 and vol.40 although they arrived a few weeks ago. Didn't see the point since destructive scanning won't be on the table until the weather cools enough that using the hair dryer will no longer amount to a suicide attempt.
>>
>>47310645
Thank you anon. Unfortunately they haven't translated them and also not printed them alone. Only paradise ss stories got separate prints. Shingakkou is pretty much abandoned. Pilslash only cares about paradise since it gets them most money.
>>
>>47310285
>kickstarter
>in development
won't get fooled again
>>
>>47306622
Based anon thank you! +1 for any extra shingakkou stuff and also adding any chou no doku, mebius or omerta ss.
Please take your time!
>>
>>47301187
Do you have gikei anon? If not, any anon that has Japanese Amazon account can you get me it's audiobook please, it's free. It needs Japanese phone number I tried to make an account I tried.
>>
>>47306622
As the other anon said, more Shingakkou stuff is always welcome!
It's incredible that I'm still obsessed with it a decade later.
>>
>>47319982
Same. I'm currently studying Japanese, so everytime I replay it i discover and understand more things I didn't catch/missed out before. Of course people can still enjoy the game and understand most of it with today's translation tools, tgis shouldn't stop them from playing and experiencing the game.
Don't put it off or wait to get better at nip/getting a translation. If you have time go for it and you can always replay.
Who was your favorite character anon and have you played bara no ki by the same writer?
>>
I'm sorry it took me longer than expected. Here are marukis novels anons.
https://pixeldrain com/u/jDqViraF

I miss almost all of her josei and gl works, but I have majority of her bl novels. Gikei is in mandarin. The rest are in Japanese. Advanced Japanese level, most of her works. The writing can be rough in some. You can use sugoi toolkit if you are reading on a pc, the manga ocr option to help yourself. You can convert them to .pdf form with various online programs.
What i read and recommend reading
>narikawari/gikei (josei, dark)
>futago/stepdad for dark incest
>oniko for drama
>Iinari, puppet, mother and noel
All bl, pretty dark and fucked up. Mother and noel are from my fav.
For the best iinari experience, get from aarin the dramacd.
Enjoy and do tell your impressions if i end up reading them.
>>
>>47323479
I have too many things on my backlog but thanks anon. Appreciate the share and recommendations.
>>
Apparently Akaka tsuzuri has been selling well. Hanakisou remaster when.
>>
>>47323479
bless you anon
>>
Maid
>>
>>47325026
Tamamori kun?
>>
File: 45844.jpg (63 KB, 256x362)
63 KB
63 KB JPG
Just finished this and I quite enjoyed it, however I'm quite confused if it's even considered BL?
>>
>>47323479
Thanks anon.
>>
File: 双子.jpg (76 KB, 913x308)
76 KB
76 KB JPG
>>47323479
50 pages into futago and I'm in love with the writing. I can see the chou no doku similarities。 The author loves hana kotoba and scents way too much kek. Something always have to motivate the incest. The angst and mystery really good.
Wasted potential, she should write decent works for pilslash not crap like koibito yuugi.
>>
Alright I think this was long enough, replaced the 38-39 iso files with 40-41. I'll probably leave them up until the weekend.
>>
>>47328918
Thanks for the update. Though, I didn't get a chance to look through the last iso. Do you mind mentioning what's exactly inside it and which games the content relates to?
>>
>>47329018
Not all that much honestly. Most of these contain a bunch of miscellaneous demo, patches, intros, and wallpapers. This last one is I guess the most interesting since SS illustrations often get turned into wallpaper packs. Other than that 38 had a 17 minute long Shingakkou drama cd, but I would be very surprised if that wasn't on aarin or youtube already.
If you want to check what's on each DVD Cool-B's website has the lists. It's not 100% accurate, but for the most part you can trust it.
>>
>>47328918
Thank you anon!
>>47329063
Sadly, there are a lot of shibgakkou stuff that haven't been shared anon. From SS to dramacds, to the artbook that came with the game and has after stories.
Even koibito yuugi cds and ss have been shared but nothing about shingakkou which is really sad because it's a great game.
>>
I understand the cds if it's about the seiyuu rights, but can't they at least collect all the ss and the artbook and put it on dlsite or bookwalker? All old stuff. They could make money from it, instead of greedy mfs who resell merch x8 the price.
>>
>>47329135
I don't get that either. Why can't Cool-B put its entire backlog on digital stores? What the fuck do they have to lose?
>>
>>47329167
It'll cost only 99 cents the older versions so I guess they don't want to go through the trouble just for that amount of money but that sucks and shouldn't be that difficult to do since they already have digital prints. At least they could get a few extra bucks even from that.
>>
>>47329135
>greedy mfs who resell merch x8 the price
Sometimes you get lucky and find someone who isn't trying to fuck you over but good luck on that.
>buy some limited edition 蝶の毒花の鎖 tapestry
>a few days later another seller tries to sell the same item 2x the price (笑)
The Japanese yen is going down so this is probably the only good time to buy merchandise until companies bother again. Amazing how shit for obscure joseimuke is upselled regardless.
>>
>>47329135
>>47329167
Jap boomers in charge are dumb.
>>
File: 1714761038405824.jpg (75 KB, 564x595)
75 KB
75 KB JPG
hello am new to this genre. what are some good shota games? ideally where they actually look somewhat like boys and not just girls with penises

i can read japanese so anything untranslated is fine too
>>
Slowpoke here, I just wanted to thank satsujinki anon from the previous thread (I'm playing it safe but iykyk)

Thank you kind anon, I hope everything is going well for you
>>
>>47334442
Same, I'm not quite done yet since I got busy/distracted for a bit but after a certain point I've been enjoying it a lot. Thanks anon for sharing!
>>
>>47331572
Laughter Land
>>
>>47323479
Thank you anon!
>>
>>47336724
Enzai too, it's translated even.
>>
>>47132155
looking for something untranslated but super easy to read, preferably not too long and something slice of life. any recommendations?
>>
>>47342401
Otome of choice besides historical ones, school ones are especially easy. Most BL has difficult prose in comparison.
>>
>>47342401
スマイル0円~タダで欲しけりゃくれてやる
very short, cute, free, accessible to my n4 ass
>>
File: 18167.jpg (54 KB, 256x364)
54 KB
54 KB JPG
>>47342401
I recommend this gem https://vndb.org/v3529 . Easy to read with so may different pairing combinations. They just don't make fun trashy BL like this anymore.
>>
>>47342401
Diabolik lovers, it's literally 99% dialogue only. Don't believe the VNDB length votes, it's like 18-20 hours tops even if you don't skip most voice lines. Have no idea where people are getting "40 hours - fast" from.
>>
Still waiting for Mistonia no Kibou to be uploaded. Are there any other otome games where the MC's main motive is revenge?
>>
>>47353266
The cg got uploaded only.
https://www.bilibili.com/video/BV1hT8GeQEYs/?spm_id_from=333.337.search-card.all.click
>>
What are you playing blog?
>>
>>47354883
Playing sweet clown and trying not to drop it, I was told to be patient with it. I'm trying...
And reading ふたご light novel that anon shared.
>>
>>47354883
Just jumped back into Zettai Kaikyuu Gakuen, maybe I'll finish it this summer.
>>
It's sad that so many otome are forever stuck in PSP hell with low res.
>>
>>47359195
True, but I find it comfy emulating them and playing them on my phone or pc. I even have some on my psvita. Take less space too when switch games are 10GB. But I agree the low res sucks. I'd love gekka ryouran romance with HD graphics.

What's your fav psp otome anons?
>>
>>47359195
Dumb old men won't update them.
>>
>>47359195
Yeah, but if they’re stuck on there it’s usually for a reason. Most of the good ones got ported over to psvita and/or got ported onto switch or will be ported onto switch.
>>
Angelique 2-Etoile stuck on PS1/PS2...
>>
Moshikami kino stuck forever on vita....
>>
>low res
It's a bit better with the upscaling methods nowadays if you have the setup for it.
>>
>>47362486
What program are you using anon? Does it work for psp emulators or emulators in general?
>>
>>47362614
Just speaking in general terms, I'm not directly familiar with PSP otome, but you can Magpie literally anything and see what you get. There are also YouTube guides for upscaling PSP games where I saw people getting good results from playing around with the PPSSPP emulator settings. Upscaling technology is just gonna get better over time.
>>
>>47363197
Thanks anon! Unfortunately in game emulator graphics and upscaling doesn't work for some reason. I'll experiment with github. Thanks!
>>
40 41 down, 42 44 up. ETA for next round of dvd rips is Wednesday.
>>
>>47363441
Thank you based anon!
>>
File: 1693441190197287.jpg (1.37 MB, 2048x3048)
1.37 MB
1.37 MB JPG
leg...
>>
>>47363765
Looks like he takes in a few dicks despite being from an otome.
>>
>>47363765
Can you fuck him as a shota?
>>
>>47354886
Nvrm, I kept going and I'm glad that I did. It's slow burn and really moving at a snails pace, but the heroine just dropped the act and showed her true colors and how much of a wicked schizo she actually is . The LI is meh, not surprised that he ranked last. But he's not that bad i like how pathetic he's irl.
Bad ends were kino. Good game. I'll keep going.
>>
>>47363895
No, it's a flashback
>>
>look at some vndb votes
>check my fav games votes
>check the profiles of those who rated it really low
>absolutely shit taste
>start playing the games they rated low/ shit on comments
>the games are actually pretty good
>trying the ones they rated high
>couldn't make it past prologue
>>
>>47364139
Unironically all the EOPs who rated Paradise low recently. Don't trust those who have the nerve to think OELVNs are any better.
>>
>>47364139
What games sis
>>
>>47364188
>checks paradises low votes profiles
>slow damage 10, camp buddy 10, gender choice bl mc oelvn 10
Eops don't deserve shit.
>>
>>47364193
Chou no doku, yoshiwara higanbana and shinigami to shoujo below 6 votes.
Shingakkous low votes are no fun tho, because the votes are by fake profiles (m*le) that want to drop it from the top 20.
>>
>>47364205
I don't want to hate them but seeing all the memeshit rated at 10 or close to it is really hilarious. I really don't think a lot of these guys have real opinions or even care about Japanese media at all if they're that crazy pigging out on whatever's more popular at the moment in their internet circles.
>>
>tfw your kamige has 3 10s, 2 of which are by you
>>
File: 1714032246468169.png (164 KB, 462x317)
164 KB
164 KB PNG
>>47364278
>Shingakkous low votes are no fun tho, because the votes are by fake profiles (m*le) that want to drop it from the top 20.
Guys who give BL/Otome low votes when it's clearly not what they like are "interesting". Even if Tempest has a 1 star from a guy whose playlist is almost entirely nukige and yuri. It's the only otome the guy has on his list. One of Jack Jeanne's low voters gave euphoria a 9.
>>
>>47364397
Oh yeah they do that actually to all the otome/bl games that are in top 20-30 (all categories). Taishou mebiusline has some too and when you click to check their profiles their game lists are pedoshit and cowtit nukiges.
>>
>>47364397
Honestly, non-BL/otome people interested in trying out some games isn't a big problem, it's more like retards just having unrealistic expectations in general.
>>
File: 1712687134535327.png (6 KB, 316x38)
6 KB
6 KB PNG
>>47364517
>Oh yeah they do that actually to all the otome/bl games that are in top 20-30 (all categories).
They should un-hide this person's account, for fun
>>
Which are the otome games that have been successful even with non-otome people
>>
>>47364952
utsu heavy ones
>>
>>47364779
Hidden accounts are retarded. What's the point rating anything publicly if you're gonna hide yourself anyway?
>>
>>47361052
I don't like playing on my phone since the text is too small and I much prefer to binge read for hours while eating snacks. PSP graphic just look like shit on bigger screen unfortunately.

Currently reading Seishun Hajimemashita and I actually like it but I feel discouraged to resume reading whenever I think of the graphic quality
There are bunch of older Quinrose and Otomate games I'm interested in but I'm not sure they're worth hurting my eyes over.

>>
>>47363197
PSP resolution is 480x272.
For comparison an old PC VN from the same time period typically had a resolution of 800x600. The gap of quality between PSP and PC is noticeable.
Upscaling the PSP will likely result in blurry and pixelated images.
>>
>>47364188
OELVNs or mobile gamers are known to have tragic taste.
That said I thought Paradise was only okay, probably a 7/10 if I have to rate it.
>>
>>47364952
For some reasons I've seen CollarxMalice recommended as the gateaway otoge. I'm guessing it's because that game had an overarching plot with very little romance.
I've also seen Jack Jeanne being recommended due to Sui Ichida's involvement..
>>
>>47365661
Can you buy a used psp? Pretty sure they’re dirt cheap, at least they are where I am. The games look fine imo when they’re played on psp. They also look pretty good emulated on steamdeck.
>>
>>47365882
I don't see the point? it has even smaller screen than my phone screen. PSP games can be emulated on phone just fine, I just don't like playing them on small screen due to my mentioned habits.
>>
>>47364779
I think you can report stuff like that in the suspicious voting thread.
>>
Ah yes do report them. There was a mini drama about it.
Apparently someone made an article about the top rated games there (not by popularity, votes only) And mentioned that it's awesome for bl and otome to be in top 20-30. Shingakkou was in top 20, still is but dropped a little i think it was 14th now it's 16th.
Same with taishou mebiusline and Hashihime. For otome iirc Ken ga kimi, sts and virche. Private profiles had given them 1-2. Most reported them. Those who didn't if you checked their profiles majority had lolishit nukige like anon said and the well known eroge euphoria etc. with high ratings. Some added some random otome with mediocre rating and gave them higher marks like 5-6 to avoid the block.
>>
>>47369290
Even when admins can't remove votes because they can't prove that they're fake they can still make that users' votes not count towards any averages if they look fishy.
>>
>>47369290
>Some added some random otome with mediocre rating and gave them higher marks like 5-6 to avoid the block
I've seen some guy do this with even obscure doujinge. Some people have weird mental illness but not the particularly funny or interesting ones.
>>
About to pick my first game to play in full jp, is utapri a good choice or should I go for something shorter/simpler? I'm beginner tier
>>
>>47369503
If it's private profile yeah it sucks and it's impossible to report/block.
>>47369581
Kek true. It's not like the dudes tried otome/bl and just couldn't get to them, see lkyt and alice = alice reviews kek, at least these dudes actually tried them. Just unfunny schizos with micropenises and pedofetishes.
>>
File: Schzoqueen.jpg (366 KB, 707x1000)
366 KB
366 KB JPG
Schizo queen is back. Shota route when.
>>
>>47370094
damn they're kind of wide
>>
>>47369939
Ideally you want a game you can text hook, so you can look up any unknown words or maybe plug a hard sentence into a translator.
You also want a fully voiced game to train your listening alongside and to doublecheck the way kanji are read.
And most of all you want a game you're interested in.
So I don't know if you can texthook from a emulator these days, but otherwise Utapri seems fine.
>>
>>47370094
Is Cool B basically adelta magazine?
>>
>>47365143
You can’t vote for games privately afaik. I private my list because I don’t want people to see the weird porn I read and to gatekeep people I dont know from my sublime taste in otome and blge.
>>
>>47371546
Same but you can vote and it affects the ranking. I only vote on obscure games I really liked so more people can notice them when looking through tags.
>>
File: 4.jpg (203 KB, 480x272)
203 KB
203 KB JPG
I recommend the Tokimeki Memorial Girl's Side games for JP learning. Simple, repetitive vocabulary, short with high replay value, wikis everywhere to help you, and Konami sucks too much for official localizations
>>
>>47363942
I'm looking forward to what you end up thinking of it because I'm slowly going through it too and the snail pace feels awful. First two routes are pretty rewarding though.
>>
>>47370094
Ooe demo on Aug 10th apparently, hype
>>
What's that comfy game you go back to everytime when you're feeling stressed out?
>>
>>47374549
That's what I'm trying to do sis. Heard that souma and seisuke routes are getting better and to keep going and that this monotony will stop. It did get better indeed I know understand the good rating. I like poster boy and otouto but I have to wait to play them last. It's getting better indeed and I like the heroine a lot. Just wish they cut it down a bit. When I 100% both seisuke and Kuze I'll write down my full thoughts.

>>47377517
Nice. She did a poll on twatter, if people play trials etc and half said yes, so I guess that's what it was about.

>>47377899
Tmgs series + ace attorney. Gameplays really help me de-stress. Diabolik lovers are fun too. The chapters are small. In general I like rejet games systems bc the plot is cut in chapters so you know exactly how much more you have and organize when you can finish it etc. The plots/dialogues flow easier and ain't deep too. So I'm adding rejet games too. Gekkas comfy.
>>
Eop here. How are anons translation projects going? Good luck.
>>
>>47379399
IIRC
It was angelique, tokimeki girls side 4 and a bl game? Diabolik lovers patches released btw, only the fandisks remain but their being worked on.
>>
>>47379509
They're*
>>
>>47371275
>I don't know if you can texthook from a emulator these days
You cant
>>
>>47369290
Top 5 by popularity and rating there btw

Otome
>popularity
Amnesia
Hatofu
Hakuoki
Cxm
Code realize

>rating
Jeanne jack 8.75
Ken ga kimi
Shinigami to shoujo
Virche
Cxm

BL
>popularity
Dmmd
Tnc
Sweet pool
Dmmd reconnect
Hashihime

>rating
Shingakkou 8.73
Slow damage
Mebius
Hashihime
Mebius bibouroku
>>
are jeanne jack and slow damage that good?
>>
>>47380242
>most popular otome is EOP's babby first when the games actually did get official in the west
Makes sense. Could have swore Mystic Messenger was more popular, though.
>>
>>47365032
From what I've seen so far on vndb, it looks like this is definitely true. Interesting.
>>
>>47380263
JackJeanne is great, SD has some cool shit and big production values but I was bored with it and didn't finish (also shit EN localization, avoid if you can).
>>
File: ukyo.jpg (101 KB, 800x844)
101 KB
101 KB JPG
Deserves first place just for ukyo.
>>
>>47380386
Turns out misery is easier for many people to relate to. Though, I think those who like emotionally impactful stories over everything else generally have a better time appreciating and understanding other genres.
>>
>>47379509
Any idea if they’re still looking for help on any of these projects?
>>
>>47379852
>>47371275
Agent and HAT can be used to hook text for emulators just fine, though they obviously don't support all games.
Agent has support for Utapri though.
>>
>>47380315
Mystic Messenger and bunch of other mobile otome are probably more popular to casuals who don't even know of VNDB's existence, let alone going there to record their votes.
>>
>>47380263
Haven't read JJ.
SD is really good except the third route. I blew through the first two route, then dropped the game for half a year because the third route was boring and uncomfortable to read. The true route was really good though and worth finishing the game for.

Mind you the LI of the third route was so irrelevant he only got a 5 seconds cameo in the true route. I guess N+C just got to shove the a pure sadism derogatory route into their game just because their core audience are into that shit.
>>
>>47380242
Amnesia was the first big otome made available for multiple platforms right? PC, console and mobile releases at the same time.
Honestly I only remember liking Shin's route in that game. The rest was so boring, even the meme Touma's route was boring.
>>
>>47380263
/blog/ can be harsh on Slow Damage and on chiral in general but I honestly loved it.
>>
File: JAST bestsellers.png (428 KB, 939x567)
428 KB
428 KB PNG
>>47381563
/blog/ are just haters. NC is an expert in crafting concept and atmosphere, their games are always worth playing.

Some vocal haters cannot change the fact that every new NC title is always treated like an event and end up being well-received. When it comes to localized BL they are the only ones selling worth shit.
If only they managed to get SD on Steam it would've been even more popular.
>>
>Mistonia no Kibou has Netorare tag

Suddenly I am interested. The art still looks rather wonky though.
>>
>>47380263
Slow damage was alright. The final climax felt weak considering the buildup but other then that I enjoyed it. I wish there was more Ikuina
>>
>>47380263
Only halfway through JJ but I love it
>>
File: _.jpg (17 KB, 692x155)
17 KB
17 KB JPG
Why play this kind translation seriously.
>>
>>47380795
TMGS4 project has a discord linked here https://gbatemp.net/threads/tokimeki-memorial-girls-side-4th-heart-project-english-patch.608298/page-2

Diabolik lovers has one linked on the patch site, no idea about angelique and the bl game. But if anons come here they'll tell.
>>
>>47380795
Ken ga kimi project is looking for help actually. https://x.com/kgk_sem?t=IEbc_JWxegk8YRMVtmENsA&s=09
>>
>>47380263
>SD
Seems like something you gotta try yourself since opinions are so polarized for that game. For me, I just never found the writing in the NC games I tried particularly interesting so I ended up dropping all of them. I absolutely love non-BL Nitro so I just thought I couldn't appreciate the genre until I tried out other BL games. Turns out NC games never made me care about the characters as much as Pil/Slash does.
>>
File: 1678051282557815.jpg (180 KB, 640x1279)
180 KB
180 KB JPG
>>47377899
For me, it's the more fast paced, action oriented non-BL/otome games. Gameplay heavy ones are great for unwinding as >>47377998 said.
Though nowadays, I've been rereading favorite scenes from the past VNs I've read. Ends up being extremely useful for putting things in perspective whenever it feels like shit when reading more difficult VNs to improve.
>>
>>47383925
>Turns out NC games never made me care about the characters as much as Pil/Slash does.
Anon, so same! I played nitro games and desu I'm neutral. My problem isn't the plots. I played a lot of otome games that had really dumb plots but still enjoyed them. My problem with nc are the characters. The heros are so...forgettable. Feel like empty shells. Chess pieces you move around for your entertainment. Lowkey self insertish. They don't have a personality of their own in a way. They're like clay and depending on the guys route they form a personality.
I did have fun with the games indeed, but never went back to replay. The sex scenes are so unsexy too. The LIs suck ass. Rai and Clear maybe are the most memorable and interesting ones due to their gap moe. The others LIs are Minkus, lowtier unsuccessful rapechads, meme-tier belts, screwdrivers, dick piercings, std whores, hambaaargers and guts.
Meanwhile pilslash gives everyome interesting, memorable personalities and gap moes including the side characters. And even in their nukige games the characters are fun and have funny and unhinged personalities.
Even though they're fictional characters, the writers manage to make you "care" about them in a way and "stay with you". Never felt that for a NC character, sorry.
Like >>47381882 said, the games are indeed worth playing for the atmosphere, graphics etc, and I'd rec them in general to noob vn eop fujos, but till there.
Nitro was bought by a gacha company now so I'm not expecting for things to get better, but I do hope that they can invest on another writer now and artist and in general make more bl games instead of realising one every 10 years and farming their old ones for the next 10 to come.
>>
42 44 down, 45 46 up. Next round at some point during the weekend.
>>
>>47384663
Based anon. Thank you as always.
>>
>>47384663
Thank you sm anon. I was looking for that August card. I love shingakkou a lot. Do play it when you can. The cool b volumes that you have include a lot of shingakkou goodies to enjoy after you play. Thanks again.
>>
Anons gassing up Pilslash when Paradise was a 6/10 at best is such a curious thing.
>>
>>47385586
Paradises plot was meh but azuma was 10/10 as a protagonist. And all pilslash mcs and villains are fun and really good villains.
I can't say the same for the nc ones...sorry
>>
>>47385586
It's because better read in Japanese and knowing the Musubi content. Can't imagine meme Azuma would be that good.
>>
>>47385618
Second this. I gave paradise a 7, but the fandisks 8 and 8.5. I loved kiwame.

Shingakkou is their best game indeed and a kamige, but it saddens me that dystopia is that underrated and not popular enough. It's a really good game. The first two routes are ok, but the rikyou and suimei kino. Kiriku is such a cute gap moe autist.
>>
It saddens me how underrated laughter land and kannagi no tori are. Hidden gems. Try to look past the shota and 2000s art and play them. You won't regret it, I promise. Listen to me. Guaranteed kino nakige/utsuuge.
>>
What's /blogs bl LI husband?
>>
>>47385594
N+C characters are fine for the stories they're in. Not every game has to have anime humor with gapmoe characters. N+C targets the oldschool N+ audience, the type that enjoys Urobuchi's works like Saya no Uta or Kikokugai. That's why even people who don't care about BL or romancing guys can read their works purely for concept and plot.
Personally I found a lot of N+C characters very memorable despite not being loveable. Clearly they resonated to many people too since they managed to build up quite a fanbase.
>>
>>47385776
the floor shitting king
>>
>>47385776
Can't husbando men who like having their dicks smell like poop but Matsuda was great.
>>
If Shingakkou is so good how come nobody has translated it yet.
>>
>>47385672
>dystopia
Did this game bankrupt the company or something? They haven't released anything since 2021.
>>
>>47385847
Everyone who properly read it has already translated it in their head at this point. Verification not required.
>>
>>47385847
If Paradise sold well the JAST would definitely license Shingakkou. They said the only thing holding them back was the voice license cost.
>>
>>47385847
Just learn nip lmao
>>
>>47385847
Because it's huge anon, it's a 60+ hr long game. There were attempts by some people though, but solo projects for such length games are doomed to fail. Unless you form a dedicated team and work in parts or you are as based as the Russian stacy who translated mebiusline all by herself, yeah ain't happening.
I love shingakkou to death but not as much as that Russian stacy i guess. There was a French stacy back on VNR days that had fully translated shingakkou in French iirc.
And with the mtl now there'll be less and less genuine fantl projects that aren't mtl'ed.
>>
>>47385685
I'm actually surprised not more people have played Laughter Land given how dark fairytale-esque retelling seems to be a popular genre in general. I loved the unique system and it actually had a very coherent theme throughout the story with its world building. Roddy's route destroyed me and it'll always have a special place in my heart.

Kannagi no Tori's writing didn't hit me as hard personally but I love the OST.
>>
>>47385849
Dystopia was crowdfunded iirc. I think their issue is lychee though. She's busy working for gacha, to the point they haven't announced anything about cage remake, that was crowdfunded or caricature camera. Maybe now with the eop and china money they can afford another writer and artist. Or working on something big and good. Shingakkou took them 5-6 years after all.
>>
>>47386050
>Roddy
I loved him anon. I cried my eyeballs out. I listened to his dramacd too and my heart broke in trillion pieces. I think I started liking Tachibana Shinnosuke from that role! I liked Dag too. Everyone was so cute. Really good game. Liked it more than kannagi.

Kannagi was more sad than dark maybe that's why it doesn't hit that hard. I'm a 泣き虫 so I'm easy to cry and fall for such stories. I found it genuinely beautiful. I wish the writer went back to blvns. I like the routes that she worked on otomate though.
>>
Broccolis new otome branch announced a new game. Meanwhile dolce vita is vaporware. On top of that, they hired the hack to do the art kek.
https://x.com/LicoBiTs/status/1816035643539218521?t=ImXPs2ZGL2uNWo_6gFHg8A&s=19
>>
>>47386289
Looking forward to more Hackamura traced kino
>>
>>47383651
What’s an eye pussy?
>>
>>47386431
His empty eyesocket.
>>
>>47386050
Surprised really? The game is really old and probably does not run well on modern pc, the art was a product of its time and shota is simply not everyone's cup of tea.
>>
>>47386289
The lack of expressions for characters sprites in her games always bothered me. Everyone just had the same exact poker face all the time.
>>
>>47385878
Isn't Shingakkou's DLban voiceless because even Pil couldn't afford to renew the voice license?
I bet it's fucking Kaji Yuuki's fault btw
>>
>>47381152
>blew through the first two route, then dropped the game for half a year because the third route was boring
I'm in the exact same position but I'll go back to it soon now that you reminded me.
>>
>>47386094
Anon, you read my mind! The drama CD also made me a fan of Tachibana.

I did play it a while ago and hopefully I remember this correctly, but I love how they structured the story so you were forced to go for the routes where you end up on the "Blue Gem" side first. The gem abilities mirroring the children's trauma in real life was also genius. The list with names as they get crossed out one by one and finding out the meaning of that... I wish I could erase my memory and experience it again.

I just looked up the writer and realized she's active again in 9RIP. Have you played that one yet?
>>
>>47387589
I mean it seems plenty of people have played other games that fit those description (Enzai, for example). It's also not that hard to find a work around the PC problem nowadays. I get the shota point, though.
>>
>>47390468
Same anon. Sorry I confused dag with Greg. I played the game a long time ago. It's time I replay it. I liked Roddy and Sergi the best. Roddy made cry a bucket though haha. They were all so cute. I liked the structure too and the more we played the darker it got. I wish it was more popular and that it got licensed too.
I want to try 9rip just for that (and Tachibana obviously kek). I played kizuna and hakuoki. Don't know which route she worked on but I liked both!
>>47387589
It runs pretty well actually. I had more trouble running xp games.
>>
>>47390533
>>47390533
Not that anon, but I really don't expect any untranslated game to be popular at all, especially if it doesn't give a strong impression to most people. Enzai was one of the first BL games to be localized in the west, too. Choices for /blog/ stuff were pretty limited back then.
I'm sure Laughter Land is great but there are also so many other good utsuge out there that stick out more so to me so it's not the highest on my list.
>>
>>47390574
Greg and Sergi are probably my next favorite routes too. Ossans are not my thing so I don't remember Dag much, except that Dick suffered a ton in that route kek . Iori's secret identity was a fun reveal. I'm not usually into incest but Cornel's backstory was kino and made me cry. What a shame it probably won't ever get licensed since it's a shota game.

9rip has another one of my favorite writers, Yukimi, who was behind the Re;Quartz series. One of the characters has a similar theme about growing up/the line between childhood and adulthood.
>>
>>47390719
Same, I don't like ossans like Dag a lot but I like "ossans" like August haha.. The more the game progressed the more dick suffered i think kek. . And same I liked Cornel's route just for that kek, indeed kino. I liked the clown boy too kinda into unhinged shotajijis. True end made me cry a lot. A great game overall. If only this and teitoku got translated somehow. Langmaor games truly kino. Yura is still proud of her work there.

>re;quartz
Been on my dlsite cart for a while. Is it good? I really like the art. I like these themes as well.
>>
>>47385685
I have them on my list but never prioritized them since I never really heard anything about them except that they were good utsuge. Could you describe them a little bit? Or are they hard to describe without spoilers?
>>
anons who have finished satsujinki, may I have your opinion on it?

because I'm in the final route and I'm finding it soooo annoyingly tedious. Please tell me I'm not the only one.
I'm surprisingly dissapointed in this because I really liked Mebiusline and Tokyo 24-ku.
>>
>>47336724
>>47342255
thx, i have watched the enzai anime too!
>>
>>47345964
i cant find where to download this game anywhere. pls help :3
>>
>>47392066
>>
>>47392475
Found this working link on aarin: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1vXV9t1L0fFM4MuoFQbjYo8dq8oFwdYeR/view?usp=sharing

You should definitely use a walkthrough for this game, there are so many endings.
>>
>>47135121

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.