[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/jp/ - Otaku Culture

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • [sjis] tags are available. Install the Mona font to view SJIS art properly.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

how does one get into touhou?
>>
I dunno, ask ZUN. Maybe he'll base a character off of you or something. Rinnosuke is his self-insert after all, you could be the next dude touhou if you try hard enough.
>>
https://moriyashrine.org/files/file/13-touhou-6-koumakyou-the-embodiment-of-scarlet-devil/
>>
>>47210860
Don't listen to this berk; play HRtP.
>>
>>47210834
Getting a compilation of the games is probably the best way. Gameplay is fairly simple to pick up, but takes time to get good at it. Try a few, and don't be afraid to drop one and start another if it starts wearing you down. Each one is a different experience, and the one that clicks with you is not necessarily going to be the first one on the list. Don't force yourself to play if you aren't enjoying it, but don't get disheartened if you die a lot; it's part of the experience to go from panicking at a flashy spell that catches you at zero bombs, to being able to weaving through it while thinking how you're gonna tackle the next.
It's also possible to start with doujinshi; it's far from ideal, but it's hardly rare for somebody to flip through doujinshi without knowing the characters, get interested, and surf the tags. It's how I started because certain niche content didn't have a lot of options and a Patchy one happened to be one of the best, but that's hardly a ringing endorsement.
>>
>>47210834
Open a new tab type in touhou and make sure to open every single link.
>>
Always remember that Sanae is a SLUT.
>>
One does not simply get into Touhou.
>>
>>47210960
>start with doujinshi
That can dangerous. Games are fine, what's important is what you do in parallel with playing. I got in so deep with doujins, I literally can't see canon printworks as Touhou, they don't feel right.
>>
If you get into futa doujins, make sure the benises are right (Marisa should have a nice fat one and Youmu a smooth boyish one).
>>
>>47212201
Stop being so gay, anon.
>>
>>47212152
Like I said, it's far from ideal. But it's not like you can take back what you've already read and/or used. If somebody gets into it because he found a doujin or character that ticked his boxes and eventually wanted to learn more, he can't change that. His perception of the character can change, but what's done is done.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.