[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/k/ - Weapons

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: Multicam!.jpg (63 KB, 600x991)
63 KB
63 KB JPG
Tactical gear thread.
Post gear, discuss gear.
Old: >>61365715
>>
File: 1 ammo pouches new.jpg (2.27 MB, 1800x5000)
2.27 MB
2.27 MB JPG
>>
File: 1 assault packs new.jpg (2.53 MB, 1420x4110)
2.53 MB
2.53 MB JPG
>>
>>
File: 1 gq belts.png (1.84 MB, 1500x3500)
1.84 MB
1.84 MB PNG
>>
File: 1 gq chest rigs.jpg (1.61 MB, 1600x9001)
1.61 MB
1.61 MB JPG
>>
File: 1 gq PC.jpg (1.89 MB, 2496x6504)
1.89 MB
1.89 MB JPG
>>
File: 1 TraumaKitsNew.jpg (3.03 MB, 1800x9000)
3.03 MB
3.03 MB JPG
>>
You abandon ship way too early OP. That's why this thread needs three weeks in the incubator or it's going to die.
>>
File: 488235fad1697ab443.jpg (397 KB, 1600x1638)
397 KB
397 KB JPG
Anyone have experience with these Swedish m90 combat boots? Looking for a high ankle, water resistant boot
>>
>>61400866
Do you specifically want black and leather? There are plenty of boots out there that just fit the "high ankle, water resistant" parameters.
>>
File: a e s t h e t i c.jpg (2.37 MB, 4594x3058)
2.37 MB
2.37 MB JPG
kuhl has ruined the airspeed shirt and upped the cost. What are good alternatives other than wrangler or $40 amazon safari shirts
>>
tourist here, lookin for advice on shoewear in just general urban areas thought you guns and gunwear guys would know a thing or two about general sneaking around shoes for urban generic areas? im just curious of course
>>
>>61400982
Sketchers shape ups, to work on a toned ass.
>>
>>61400968
What happened?
>>
File: 1631120205178.jpg (80 KB, 853x698)
80 KB
80 KB JPG
>>
Looking for mini chest rigs because I am a small guy. I can barely fit an 11" wide sheet between backpack straps, which means most triple mag placards will put buckles under the pack straps (which is uncomfortable on short treks and would cause sores on long treks). Ideal for me would be a bag about the size of the HPG snubby, but on harness with two horizontal straps. Any recommendations?
>>
>>61400993
they removed the chest pockets and they now cost $99, though tbf I can't remember what I paid for mine
>>61401027
Zulu M4 reduced rig maybe?
>>
>>61401027
Bulk up.
>>
>>61400989
i hope your shower stops for a bit and only drizzles so that you gotta take a bit longer to shower
>>
>>61401048
In all seriousness, I can't recommend anything, because you didn't give us anything to go off of except "I like sneakers". I guess look into Viktos, they have some shoes.
>>
>>61401045
Can't fix small bones.
>>
File: NWD03.jpg (159 KB, 1080x1081)
159 KB
159 KB JPG
>>61400968
>just chillin by the a-pillar hbu
>>
>>61401076
No, but you can fill out with muscle and then not have to worry about some plastic buckles fucking up your day.
>>
>>61401058
no you're right, i was looking just for general stuff, i was thinking about larping about sneaking around and shit and i couldnt really figure out where to ask
>>
>>61400881
These are also $50. Any recommendations that aren't $400+? Tried looking at Danner but holy fuck
>>
>>61401027
Spam pull-ups and rows.
>>
>>61401076
Cope. I had a 28" waist in 2018, some bulking and now I fill out size large shirts, arms almost at 16" with a wide back l. You have quit before you even started. You are currently a pathetic loser but you don't have to stay that way.
>>
>>61400866
hanwag alaska pro
>>
>>61401181
I am 5'4" and almost 30. My life aspirations are nerd shit. I could do with a little more chest and shoulders to balance out the backpacking thunder thighs, but I like how I look around 130 pounds.
>>
>>61401421
Look you're just ngtmi. Get a starter makeup set and maybe a real warrior will make you his bride if shtf
>>
>>61401421
>5'4"

https://www.ebay.com/itm/204072358907

That one is probably your size.
>>
File: 1696692621792024.jpg (94 KB, 823x960)
94 KB
94 KB JPG
>>61401480
Imagine getting this ass blasted over the physical fitness choices of complete strangers.
>>
File: tenbytwelvenewmodel.jpg (3.61 MB, 3072x4096)
3.61 MB
3.61 MB JPG
>>61400639
Finished my first 10x12 plate. The S-glass I am using to keep the pellets confined is a wierd brown tint, definitely something to change before starting serial production unless people are into it. Lord knows the aesthetics of something that lives buried in a PC matters.
Total weight is 6.6Lbs, thickness is ~28mm. Downright reasonable weight, provided it tests out for the threats I want.
>>
>>61401821
Show videos of testing.
>>
>>61401850
The testing of the 10x12's will be by one of the NTS labs, I have no intention of bubba'ing tests for something I intend to sell. I am too resource constrained/low volume to go for the full NIJ certification, but having proper testing conducted is important. That, and I have no M993 or Swiss P, but NTS sure does.

I AM going to test a 6x6 side plate of identical construction tomorrow though, to make sure the concept is structurally sound and "works" against pedestrian FMJ. I will of course have pictures from that to share.
>>
>>61401821
That looks damn good.
>>61401942
Post testing pics and vids when you can.
I'd only worry about something like M855A1 or M995 slipping through a gap between pellets, but I guess the odds of that are very low.
I think you mentioned that the pellets are SiC-TiB2? Should be fine against M993 desu
>>
>>61401821
You could just glue fabric over it like most ceramics.
>>
>>61402290
Thats a pretty reasonable concern. Ill have to get a few 855a1's added to my test request. And I could see if Buffman wants to take a crack at it with tons of 5.56.
>I think you mentioned that the pellets are SiC-TiB2?
Yes, they are.

>>61402386
>You could just glue fabric over it like most ceramics.
I could, at the expense of additional mass, and hiding the cool internals. Besides, it already has a fabric layer on top :^ ) . Getting a non-brown batch of S-glass would also fix the issue.
>>
File: APLSG01.jpg (1.05 MB, 2701x2112)
1.05 MB
1.05 MB JPG
What's the lowest profile chest rig that can carry 6-8 mags, GP/nalgene pouch and an IFAK?

>>61400982
meme shoe is the altama maritime. Viktos was a decent suggestion from the other anon. NGL I'm either in hiking boots or chacos so probably a bad person to ask

>>61401821
love seeing pellets all the way out to the edges. Looks great man, and nobody will care once it's in a PC
>>
File: Tactical-Boots.jpg (293 KB, 800x800)
293 KB
293 KB JPG
We settle this once and for all. What is the best color shoes?

>Black
>Tan/Coyote
>Green/OD
>Brown
>>
File: APC_BASIC_FINAL.jpg (1.29 MB, 2400x1417)
1.29 MB
1.29 MB JPG
>>61400656
I still can't believe the G-Code Sync carrier isn't on here. It's probably the most slept on carrier right now. I have mine with a Shaw cummerbund and it's nearly perfect.
>>
File: greenie.jpg (3.63 MB, 3024x3024)
3.63 MB
3.63 MB JPG
>>61404004
Not sure, but you could always piece one together. I've been happy with the weight distribution of this rig so far
>>
>>61404271

Black
>>
I wish WTF would publish dimensions of their stuff on their website instead of making me measure their promo photos in GIMP.
>>
>>61400968
Have you taken an Orion Training Group class?
>>
Why do some battle/war belts have a D ring with a velcro strap on one side of the buckle? I've never been able to figure that out
>>
>>61404904
You could have just typed that into google and it would've given you an answer.

People who ride in helicopters wear belts which are load-rated to x amount of kilograms and they have a metal D-ring on the buckle so that you can attach yourself to the helicopter via a number of safety straps. In the event that the helicopter banks or rolls or whatever, you won't tumble out and die. When you see people sitting on the skis of helicopters they are tied in and detach themselves before stepping off.

When people started making two-piece belts which attach to you via velcro, the companies started adding a D-ring so that you could clip a strap into the belt. However, it's a belt held onto the outside of your pants via velcro so if you were actually suspended in the air out of a helicopter by your outer belt it would probably rip off and you'd be hanging with the belt around your chest/under your armpits.

Basically the D-ring is useless as a safety device
>>
>>61401821
If all goes well (I hope so), any heads-up on how/where you will sell and for what price?
>>
>>61400619
Has anyone had any experience with beyond clothing AT-9 pants? Was looking for a Crye clone I can use with some surplus knee pads and it seems to be the best of the bunch.
>>
>>61405747
I will almost certainly end up creating a website to sell them.

As far as pricing goes, thats an aspect I frankly have avoided till I have a working solution. No sense letting avarice overrule sound product development. From the hip, about on par with upper-midrange plates from other small volume shops. Say 700 to 850.
>>
>>61406199
No offence intended, and I think what you're doing is extremely cool but I think you'll have a hard time selling non-certed plates from a no-name shop that are pretty damn close in weight and significantly thicker than an LTC 26135 for 3x what those plates can be bought for.
>>
>>61406299
The feedback is welcome though a bit premature. Pricing wont be on my radar until I have ironed out a laundry list of other things that are much more pressing.

>LTC 26135
Call me crazy, but the people in the market for a low-cost alumina/aramid NIJ certified plate wouldnt buy my plate at any cost.
>>
>>61406481
What is the intention of your plates?
>>
>>61406481
>Call me crazy, but the people in the market for a low-cost alumina/aramid NIJ certified plate wouldnt buy my plate at any cost.
I think that's probably true but also I think most armor purchasers look at the protection rating, the thickness, and the weight, and that's what they make their decision based on.
People will pay more for lighter or thinner plates that perform the same or better, or they'll pay more for plates that are the same weight and thickness but perform better.

I think the blackbeard guy had a really good business model selling what were fairly high-end plates for budget prices because he understood that the lack of provenance and testing certs meant that they weren't going to bring a real premium despite their fairly impressive specs.

Again I don't want to shit on what you're doing here, I think it's one of the coolest projects an anon has cooked up in a minute. I just think you need to consider that with this current prototype at least you're competing on specs with budget alumina plates. Maybe you'll be able to bring the weight further down as you dial in your process or something, idk.

Just some food for thought
>>
>>61406612
>just think you need to consider that with this current prototype at least you're competing on specs with budget alumina plates.
NTA but I don't think that's true.
They're both "Level IV" and over six pounds each, but that's where the similarities end.
Anon's LIBA plate should have way better multi-hit performance, way better durability, and possibly also better performance against advanced threats like M993 and Swiss P.
Even if it's "only" a Level IV plate and not Colossus/XSAPI+ tier, it's still really cool. If it'll reliably stop M993, then it's in a totally different category from your regular budget alumina plate.
>>
>>61405154
a two piece belt isn't only held to your body with velcro, good ones have a cobra buckle which will absolutely hold it onto your body, and they're not meant to be used in helicopters but for general fall prevention such as when working on rooftops or on a moving vehicle.
>>
>>61407782
Whats a cobra buckle going to do? the question isnt load rating, its whats anchoring the belt to your waist and since nobody uses belt loops anymore; its only the velcro.
>>
>>61407782
>good ones have a cobra buckle which will absolutely hold it onto your body
The cobra buckle is there to make clipping and unclipping the belt easier, rather than a friction buckle. Your belt doesn't drop around your ankles presumably because your hips are ever so slightly wider than your pants and the weight of the mags and grenades you have on your belt just rests on your pelvis.

Your abdomen is thinner than your pelvis and when gravity is pulling you down but a retention strap is keeping the belt stationary, then the belt will ride up under your armpits. Sit harnesses have leg loops for a reason, it's because something tightened to you horizontally doesn't work when you have to contend with vertical forces like gravity.
>for general fall prevention such as when working on rooftops or on a moving vehicle
No, nobody rappels or climbs up/down buildings with a store-bought Ronin belt. Vehicles have seatbelts. If you're talking about sitting in the bed of a 5 ton truck there are no tie-down points there either it's just a bench on the inside. If you're talking about a civilian SUV with a tray then you can strap yourself in but belts do not have D-rings solely with Toyota wars in mind.
>>
>no ear pro
>no eye pro
>no admin pouch + tips & tricks
>no boots
>no gloves

????????
>>
>>61406481
I'm glad you're making something

>>61408118
>spoonfeed meeeeee
make them yourself
>>
>>61408118
Who is this directed towards
>>
>>61408118
>no ear pro
Walker razor
>no eye pro
Home depot
What do you really need, get a rite-in-the-rain w some pens & mechanical pencils and keep them in your cargo pocket
>no boots
What's your environment
>no gloves
Mechanix, pig, home depot

Post the kit you currently have and we'd be able to help you out more
>>
File: abstract_kinda_feel.jpg (107 KB, 640x799)
107 KB
107 KB JPG
>>61404870
Never, though I want to.
>>
File: 20240414_092128.jpg (3.14 MB, 3056x3056)
3.14 MB
3.14 MB JPG
>>61400866
More waterproof than goretex lowas, danner or whatever because it is a leather shell. Avoid goretex it sucks if you are outside often because it just never dries and the sublimation happens even with dwr coating.

The threads are subpar. The toe box is more similar to a french style where it is narrow. No speed laces to break which is nice. Tread is average.

I can do a write up of the decent boot options available but it is going to strongly depend on what you are doing especially if you hiking or trail running but for 50 dollars the ks2005s are a good solid option if you understand some boot maintenance basics that have to be addressed from the go. To be frank this place is the worst place to ask for boot advice.
>>
>>61408788
Thanks anon.

>I can do a write up of the decent boot options available
Oh hell yeah
>going to strongly depend on what you are doing
Hiking/Rucking
>>
File: 20240311_171331.jpg (2.92 MB, 2992x2992)
2.92 MB
2.92 MB JPG
>>61408870
Yeah the tldr of boots is you care about;
Maintaining effort (this is why goretex boots exist and to be fair they probably do hold up somewhat well)
Sole harness (ks2005s m90s are going to be a moderately hard rubber with a moderately good life whereas like solomons, scarpas, idk any other trail runner are made to last 9 months but that is a good thing because they are more ergonomic)
Tread (ks2005s have okay tread until you hit slippery shit and then you will eat shit but the tread lasts for fucking ever whereas idk something aggressive will probably last nearly as long but might canter)
Life (lets be real most my boots die within 2 years so really it is a 6-24 month period for everything unless you are a poser faggot who pretends like surveying land is hard)
Lace hooks (speed laces break if you smack a rock rolling down a mountian so it matters some)

You could nerd on some extra shit but i don't.

Ks2005s; you need to wax the threads because of the rubber padding and they will suck like 3 ounces of wax pretty easy, grease after like once a week under a through hike experience or every other day if you are ankle deep in mud 12 hours a day.
The good; waterproof is fine until it gets to the rubber and then like goretex it sucks. Tongue design is good. Quad stitched this is good. Threads are good. Stock laces are good. Leather liner. The rubber padding.
The bad; stock insole. The tread will make you eat ass at some point and maybe fall off a mountian. The rubber padding (i still dont know if i like or hate it). I have seen some mid soles start to delam but usually the boot is wrecked before usually from thread rot or getting a hole wore some place.
Upgrades; jalas insoles, bees wax, some kind of conditioner, dish soap for cleaning and a good brush set
Conclusion; ks2005s like all boots are cope but they are solid cheap boots with a wider toe box and are much better at being lowas than lowa. Never perfect.
>>
File: dong.jpg (885 KB, 1696x1999)
885 KB
885 KB JPG
I thought Vietcong uniform was supposed to be a really dark blue, is it actually black?
>>
File: autism.png (27 KB, 1340x1045)
27 KB
27 KB PNG
How thick is the harness of the AVS? I am known to be retarded but I feel like the harness is just going to push everything like side plates and any pouches weirdly far away from your body and cause them to bounce as you move or feel heavier being farther from your center of gravity

Otherwise the AVS seems like a comfier option but seems like I might as well go jpc if the harness is thick enough to make the sides awkward
>>
>>61409231
Yeah, they were black jammies.
>>
>>61409231
they had blue, dark blue, black, green, etc

pro tip: don't wear pic related for halloween unless you're 100% sure your friends aren't going to settle on getting pho for dinner
>>
Whoever at esstac thought replacing the sturdy classic molle webbing with tiny thin laser cut shit I hope you get aids
>>
>>61409731
can you post a pic of it? I emailed asking for a pic of it to see how thin the new shit was and they quite literally told me no
>>
>>61409731
>Whoever at esstac
Their financial department.
>>
File: IMG_1936.jpg (2.44 MB, 1170x1545)
2.44 MB
2.44 MB JPG
>>61410156
I have used the mid for ~8 months, they are fine.
>>
>>61410289
At least there's a radius to the slot ends.
>>
>>61410289
oh thats not as bad as I was expecting, thanks anon
>>
>>61410156
Same as>>61410289
The old kywis fit on my bely snuggly with no wobble
New loops aren't thick and flush fit
Idk if its because my belt isn't a laser cut
Ive lost respect for asstac
>>
File: RNDm03.jpg (1.2 MB, 2868x3972)
1.2 MB
1.2 MB JPG
>>61404517
This is solid bro. What model mayflower and what placard/pouches? looks swiftclip compatible but also wanna confirm that...
>>
Looking for earpro recommendations
I see someone already said Walker razor
Any other thoughts?
>>
>>61411633
If you have a small head like me and have trouble achieving a good seal, consider youth models. Also consider changing your glasses to something thin and flexible, either spring steel temples or goggles.
>>
>>61411633
I prefer my Howard Leight Impact Sports more than the Walkers. The Howard Leights have gel cups you can use while I don't think the Walkers have any.
>>
How are ITW fast mags compared to TACOS?
>>
>>61411414
Thanks bro. It's just a Mayflower molle placard and from left to right:
>eagle grenade pouch
>eagle canteen pouch
>eagle double m4 pouch (x3)
>spiritus jsta pouch
>NAR tq pouch
>flatline fiber co. dump pouch
And yeah it is swiftclip compatible. It's got a map pocket nearest to your body if that makes sense. Aside from land nav stuff I just keep mosquito wipes, aquatabs, spare batteries and liquid IV in there
>>
>>61411633
Peltor Rangeguards or Tac100s, whichever you can find for cheaper, then gel cups.
>>
>>61404418
I looks like a pretty decent carrier. Any pros and cons compared to other carriers you've used?

I recently sold off a Slickster to put money toward picking up a Whiskey Two Four PC 24. It looks like it combines the best features of various carriers and has a nice structural cummerbund. Gonna grab the Icevent AVS pad combo pack for it.
>>
>>61411633
Seconding rangeguards but you have to spend the $15 extra for gel pads cus the stock foam sucks
>>61411666
Jello cups sold separately
>>
>>61411894
ITW fastmags only really fit USGI AR-15 magazines, Pmags suck in them. They are good for retention but suck at re-indexing because the mouth of the magazine is just two pieces of a plastic shell and it gets stuck 'closed' all the time. The whole thing is a piece of plastic so it makes a huge amount of noise, similar to someone following you around with two halves of a coconut shell making a *clop clop* sound like in Monty Python and the Holy Grail.

HSGI Tacos are your only option if you regularly use AK mags and AR mags and want to use the same pouches. It's four pieces of plastic and fabric held together with a mess of bungee cord, so if it's too loose your mags will fall out and if it's too tight you won't be able to re-index your mags because the mag pouch will be a scrunched up mess.

Honestly both options are absolutely terrible and you should choose basically any other mag pouch. If you have an AR just get Esstac Kywi shorties for a belt and mid-length for a plate carrier. You also can't go wrong with any flapped mag pouch but don't get the Crye AVS flap because it also only really works with USGI AR mags because it's so fucking tight.

No personal experience with it but look into the Trex Arms 3 mag placard, it's designed to hold multiple types of magazines
>>
>>61404672
Yeah, they list the dimensions for very few of their products, and whether or not they reply to emails asking questions is hit and miss. WTF makes nice stuff, but they don't do any real marketing of their products since their main business is doing OEM work for other gear companies.

Anything in particular you're trying to determine the measurements of?
>>
>>61413039
Back panel dims of their placards. I think they're all around 10 inches wide and 6 to 6.5 inches tall, including Panel 38.
>>
>>61413256
Depends on the placard, but the back hook field on the typical flapped M4 placards is right around 9" x 6". Panel 38 is probably closer to 10" wide to make sure there's enough space for 7.62 mags.
>>
>>61413326
Thanks. My interest in that panel comes from owning an HPG bag. There are certain items I've become used to keeping in an internally organized giant zippered pocket on my chest when backpacking. Panel 38 (as a rifle chest rig) would let me keep doing that even if I wanted to carry and support a rifle instead of CCing a pistol with a single spare mag.

I'd freak out the college students that backpack in the same area though, and I might get a game warden called on me.
>>
>>61412942
>HSGI Tacos are your only option if you regularly use AK mags and AR mags and want to use the same pouches
I use AK and AR mags in 7.62 kywis. You have to tweak retention a bit so they'll grab AR mags a but harder but it works completely fine.
>>
File: Fgb_dstaUAAIOyA.jpg (537 KB, 2048x2048)
537 KB
537 KB JPG
>he fell for the FAST helmet meme
>>
>>61414298
Didn't Oxide basically expose the lightweight Ops-Core and TW helmets as being just a step above a bump helmet a while back? I could've sworn it was him who did tests on them.
>>
Is there any significant reason not to get a quad placard over a triple mag placard?
>>
>>61415329
That's the point innit?
>>
>>61415604
If weight is a concern, otherwise no
>>
>>61415604
Some of the quad placards out there hang off the sides of a medium plate bag, which is annoying, but some of the newer ones out there use an expanding design which allows them to go from the standard triple mag footprint to a quad mag capacity without the back hook field spilling over the sides of the plate bag. Off the top of my head, the Shaw Concepts ARC placard and the 8492 Nylon Works ACE Placard XL both do this, and both have mounting provisions for Tubes.
>>
>>61415329
people say how better opscore and TW are when they are just Chinese HHV helmets with a brand.
>>
>>61418011
The Ops-core and TW stuff is made in America. The main benefit that the Ops-core and TW helmets have is being lightweight, but that's it, really. The Chinese made helmets tend to be heavier by a pound, and depending on the one you get, the rails, NVG shroud and tensioning system might need immediate replacement. They'll definitely stop frag, though.

About a year ago, I saw a YouTube video where someone tested a couple Militech helmets against pistol rounds and frag. It did okay on most of the pistol rounds (better than the lightweight Ops-core and TW helmets in some cases, lol), and did really well against the frag. I can't find the video now, but I remember his frag test consisted of 2 steel plates angled downward toward the helmet on the ground, and he shot a variety of pistol, rifle and shotgun rounds at the plates, with the helmet getting hit over and over again with spall/frag.
>>
>>61400866
Those are Swiss you absolute brainlett

And yes they are good enough for the price, if they are properly fitted and maintained they will hold up for a long time

Literally walked hundreds of km with mine and they are still good
>>
File: GKadm01.jpg (425 KB, 1978x1999)
425 KB
425 KB JPG
>>61411666
Sold separately or you can get the Walkers 'Xtreme' that come with gel cups preinstalled plus a 'cooling headband' (which doesn't cool worth shit but the package is worth it with the cups preinstalled).

>>61412024
perfect breakdown, ty bro and screenshotted for reference as I start building it out.
>mosquito wipes
Absolutely crucial, with the aquatabs etc that's a really good little sustenance kit. Thought about throwing a Bic mini in there (full-size probably too big)? Or smaller ferro rod? (just be careful, they can rust if the outer coating comes off)
>>
>>61418011
Those lightweight helmets are mostly for stopping frag. They're also a pound, in some cases 2 pounds, lighter than the chink helmets you're comparing them to.
>>
>>61419206
I'll just stick with my bump helmet to protect my noggin from owies and boo boos. If I'm taking frag to the face, I'm probably dead anyway.
>>
>>61418626
>Thought about throwing a Bic mini in there (full-size probably too big)? Or smaller ferro rod?
Yeah, I've actually got a bic in there too but I usually have one in my pocket. And as for a ferro rod, I do keep a small fire kit in my pack, consisting of
>2 bics w/ duct tape
>ferro rod & striker
>fresnel lense
>home made fire starter in altoids tin which is just lighter fluid, wax and cotton
>pocket bellow (very useful)
>fjallraven dc4 sharpener
>tweezers
>>
>>61414298
I'd rather get brain damage than die
>>
>>61419337
I'd rather die than live with permanent brain damage.
>>
>>61419337
Having not experienced brain damage why do you fear the inevitable death more? Your fear is just instinct.
>>
>>61419380
>>61419355
Turning retarded like nate diaz from a helmet stopping a bullet sounds a lot better than being dead ngl
>>
>>61419411
I legit would rather die than be actually retarded.
>>
I'd rather die than be a vegetable too, but that's besides the point.

I question the utility of a ballistic helmet for civilian preparedness. Red Dawn or Civil War 2 scenarios are so extremely unlikely that I don't think about them. Widespread civil unrest like 2020 is a far more likely scenario, and how likely is frag to be a threat in such a situation? Blunt force strikes are a real threat, which a good bump helmet offers protection from.

Inevitably someone will play devil's advocate and say, well if you don't need a ballistic helmet then you don't need plates, right? But we all know how much of a larger target your chest and back are compared to your melon. Decent plates from LTC or Hesco are also relatively inexpensive compared to an Ops-Core FAST or Team Wendy EXFIL.

I don't know. I guess if you're made of money or are a trust fund baby going for the ultimate LARP, the FAST or EXFIL is a must have. Not sure about everyone else, though.
>>
>>61419973
>made of money or are a trust fund baby
its called a job. anyone can get one
>>
>>61419980
Not in today's time. Especially if oil is going to hit $100+ a gallon.
>>
>>61419996
I'm not here to be your life coach or dad or whatever but this was the lamest excuse I've ever been given. good luck on the trust fund
>>
>>61420013
I can afford one if I save up but I don't see the need. I'm just telling you that not everyone has $2000 to drop on a LARP accessory.
>>
>>61419980
More like "it's called Credova."

How much is a FAST if you get a deal on one? $1500? You could buy shelf stable food and water with that. You could put that money toward a generator. You could put it toward a lot of things with much more real world utility than a helmet to attach your PVS-14 to.

A lot of people have families and hobbies other than looking cool on IG or whatever. People can buy whatever they want. I just think it's ridiculous when I see guntuber "influencers" telling people they need X, Y and Z or they're gonna die. It's easy for them to say when they've got buddies in the industry sponsoring them and giving them all kinds of free shit. Buy now, and don't forget to use the discount code for 10% off your first order.
>>
>>61420054
you made a whole strawman army and btfo'd them
>>61420027
just your brain bro. no big deal
>>
>>61420085
Like I said, I'd rather be dead than a retard.
>>
>>61420090
you could be retarded already and just totally unaware
>>
>>61420096
Great argument cock nose. I accept your concession
>>
>>61420100
it wasn't an insult. how would a retarded person have the facilities to assess their own mental capacity? they wouldn't. they would be retarded and unaware
>>
>>61419973
Utility discussions aside, lightweight ballistic helmets are the most comfortable solution for mounting nods and balance better than a bump helmet does, and for that reason I'm glad I have a 1.8lb helmet. I've used bumps and I've used cheaper, heavier ballistics and it's better than both.
>>
>>61408118
>no ear pro
foam ear plugs
>no eye pro
home depot eye protection glasses
binder clip and index cards
>no boots
Red Wings Brogue Rangers #8128
>no gloves
Fratelli Orsini Giovanni's
>>
>>61419973
>I question the utility of a ballistic helmet for civilian preparedness.
>bump in the night
>grab rifle
>grab helmet, which has NODs, headlamp, active earpro
if you don't own NODs, a helmet is probably not going to get much use but for straight home defense a helmet is actually tremendously fucking useful considering not only does it protect your head from shit but also allows you to ID people in potentially adverse lighting conditions while protecting your ears so when you call 911 you're not going
>YEAH, WHAT? UH HI I SHOT SOMEONE IN MY HOUSE. WHAT? I CANT HEAR YOU? WHAT? COME OUTSIDE AND MEET MY COPS WITH THE GUN IN MY HANDS?
>>
>>61411894
Ignore >>61412942
Get Haley trmp
>>
>>61420054
>You could buy shelf stable food and water with that. You could put that money toward a generator.
if you are involved in any event that lasts for longer than a week, that requires food, water, and a generator, and you live anywhere that's within city limits or not in the boonies, you're gonna fucking want a PVS-14, plate carrier, helmet, and reliable rifle
>three minutes without air
>three hours without shelter
>three days without water
>three weeks without food
the one they don't tell you about is
>three seconds without a firearm
>>
>>61420054
>You could buy shelf stable food and water with that. You could put that money toward a generator.

wow uh yeah those things sound really fun.
>>
>>61420326
>>bump in the night
>>grab rifle
>>grab helmet, which has NODs, headlamp, active earpro
Jamal breaks in to steal your dragon dildos and you're slipping into full kit to confront him? lol

>>61420373
Yeah, practical preps vs flat range larperator theatrics. It's not meant to be exciting.
>>
>>61420400
>Jamal breaks in to steal your dragon dildos and you're slipping into full kit to confront him? lol
by that time he's already tipped over the barrel of kidnapped seagulls
>>
Reddit tells me I'm supposed to hate MultiCam Black because I'm going to be fighting in the woods or something

True?
>>
File: PPP.png (23 KB, 385x347)
23 KB
23 KB PNG
>>61420563
You should hate it because it's gay.
>>
>>61420373
diapers and canned corn is totally gear bro
>>
>>61419355
same
>>
>>61420054
Literally no one says you need XYZ and almost universally guntubers say to just avoid conflict if at all possible and that your financial situation has a way greater chance of coming under attack, for lack of a better word, than the country, or whatever.
You're complaining about people buying gear in a thread dedicated to gear on a subforum about weapons. Just fuck off if you're going to be a huge faggot and worry about your own pockets while you're at it. Not all of as struggling to feed ourselves.
>>
>>61420326
>someone breaks in my house
>I get in a corner with a rifle and call the cops
>the end
>>
>>61400968
I like the Columbia PFG Tamiami II shirts for outdoorsy shit. I can't say they're especially cool guy shit though.
>>
>>61420346
the real one they don't tell you about is peeing. I've tried to quit but its too hard
>>
File: Justin gayche.jpg (650 KB, 1025x1270)
650 KB
650 KB JPG
I need a fanny IFAK. What brands are good and NIR compliant besides the spiritus?
>>
>>61420891
>not disconnecting the mains power to your house and sleeping in your armor and nods
ngmi
>>
So i'm retarded
Let's say I wanted to run a skeletal cummerbund on a green velocity LEPC. Could someone spoonfeed me the one I want?
>>
>>61421702
check out clawgear, but thats for my eurobros
>>
>>61422848
Spoonfeeding bad. Plebbit more your speed.
>>
>>61420681
> t. IDF conscript
>>
>>61425137
feeling really attacked in
is this because my agilite helmet cover?
>>
>>61425144
in should be rn
I'm dumb and can't type
4chan is broken and can't delete
>>
Does the average fa/gq/ot set up their go-to gear for vehicle use, or strictly on foot? I like to leave the back of my PC empty and belt with as little as possible so I can sit semi-comfortably while driving. In any sort of realistic situation in which I'd need to put on all my shit, I'm either going nowhere and staying on my property or driving somewhere and I'd like to be protected while doing so. Neverserved and nevercop so I've never had a direction for a vehicle-oriented loadout aside from LARPing
>>
>>61425144
> is this because my agilite helmet cover?
Did you leave them a review on their website? lol.
Four gorillion reviews can't possibly be wrong. The K19 is the best plate carrier on the planet, and their helmet covers are the best!
>>
>>61423018
Fugg
>>
>>61425426
its a cheap cover and Im trying to hide my power level and fast sf
>>
>>61425267
I'm a zogbot and my gear works fine in humvees and on foot. My personal gear is less bulky than issued gear and I had no problems with IOTV on deployment in humvee other than sweating my dick off. I put a wide camelback on the back of my PC so it's not a huge issue if I have to hop in the humvee real quick, but for long trips I'll pull the camelback out, and if I'm rucking I pull it out and put it in the ruck. As long as you can fit comfortably in your truck with your gear you'll be fine.
>>
>>61425267
mostly, yes. I had a MAP on the back of my PC and in addition to not being accessible, it was getting caught on doorframes and shit in my house. Now I just have a small bladder on the back. I moved my IFAK from 6 o'clock on the belt to a fanny pack. I'm usually driving my truck to larp meets so if I need to drive it around in kit this helps too.
>>
>>61421702
The Spiritus is surprisingly one of the best bang-for-your-buck fanny packs.

Some other options off the top of my head:
https://exumbrisdesigns.com/products/multifunctional-fanny-pack
https://exumbrisdesigns.com/products/fanny-pack
https://headontactical.com/fanny-pack/
https://www.varusteleka.com/en/product/savotta-kukkaro-hip-pack/78356
>>
>>61425267
I'm not military or law enforcement and I spend very little time wearing gear in a vehicle (mostly just to and from my shooting spot), so I do keep a belt mounted IFAK at my 6 o'clock, but I keep my carrier slick on the back and just wear a ruck for extra stuff. I keep the belt IFAK as slim as possible though.
>>
want some hot/temperate weather boots, I have some sublime cold weather ones (hanwag alaska) but it's getting hot and they boil my feet, any suggestions?
I like the merrel moabs mid height, they're pretty light and seem comfy and durable from the reviews I've seen
>>
After over a decade in the army I've come back around on liking the issued assault pack
It's happened, I have become institutionalized
>>
>>61400619
Is it worth it to buy a cheap bump helmet without nods? Obviously I want to have nods and a good ballistic helmet but I don’t have the cash rn.
I don’t want to be the guy who gets brain damaged and embarrassed during an event because someone threw a brick.
>>
>>61426809
you can still put your ear pro on a bump helmet and obviously be protected from the aforementioned brick, so yes. When you do get nods, replace the shroud with a real one. Look for one with a bolt on shroud, not a molded in one.
>>
>>61426830
Thanks. Is there a meta cheap bump helmet? Ik team Wendy’s is typically a go to but this will pretty much be a glorified bike helmet that I’ll mount my Peltor Sports to and run a radio into.
>>
>>61426868
construction hardhat spraypainted
do it
you wont
>>
>>61426868
think a lot of people run knockoff bumps
>>
File: IMG_9067.jpg (93 KB, 750x399)
93 KB
93 KB JPG
>>61426879
I’ll just full send it with the construction worker loadout.
>>
>>61427043
dont forget hi vis FLC
>>
File: GDe6zpEboAAQTe2.jpg (330 KB, 1460x2048)
330 KB
330 KB JPG
Any good nalgene bottle belt holders?
>>
>>61427106
unironically for belt use I actually like issued canteens and canteen pouch because it conforms to the body
>>
>>61427106
I use an arbor arms Nalgene holder on my chest rig. Definitely seems small enough for a belt. I love the thing.
>>
File: H-Harness 2024.jpg (2.5 MB, 4000x3000)
2.5 MB
2.5 MB JPG
>>61427080
plz God I want this.

>>61427106
arbor arms or a surplus canteen pouch with a nalgene canteen like>>61427154 said.
https://arborarmsusa.com/shop/arbor-arms-tactical-pouches/stowable-nalgene-pouch-gen-2/
https://www.venturesurplus.com/products/used-eagle-industries-canteen-pouches/
https://www.optactical.com/eoana1qtcaco.html
>>
>>61427106
I just throw it in my dump pouch if I'm going to be carrying it.
>>
>>61419332
good kit and the sharpener/tweezers are crucial. There are so many little things I jam into my admin/gp pouches. Ranger bands and tiny carabiners/s-biners. Duct tape wrapped around a credit card (or bic like in your case). Extra medical gloves, lens wipes, the list goes on
>>
File: Boreal Defence Nalgene.jpg (1.98 MB, 4267x4267)
1.98 MB
1.98 MB JPG
>>61427106
What size Nalgene? I sometimes toss a 16oz Nalgene in a WTF double mag pouch that I keep on my belt.

The Arbor Arms pouches have already been mentioned. The Spiritus SPUD can fit a 16oz Nalgene. Boreal Defence in Canada have a pretty slick pouch that can fit a 32oz (pic related). The T Rex Arms hydro pouch can fit a 32oz Nalgene, 2 mass produced water bottles, or a 1L USGI canteen.

I do think the USGI canteen is a slightly better option for belt use compared to a 32oz Nalgene due to the canteen's shape.
>>
>>61426659
Goruck
>>
>>61401013
bro is that a famas
>>
>>61427504
Not that guy but 16 oz is crazy to me, I drink so much water. My daily hydroflask is 40oz and I tear through that thing. When I go to the field I bring multiple canteens and camelbacks
>>
>>61427595
Yeah, don't get me wrong, I only keep 16oz on my belt right now because it's mostly to just keep some water on me when I'm at my shooting spot. I bring more water in my pack if I'm going to be out there all day in the summer. I'm probably going to buy that T Rex Arms canteen pouch so I can try keeping a canteen on my belt this summer.
>>
>>61427682
you do you boo boo but I've only heard bad things about the quality on the trex shit
>>
>>61427695
Really? I heard their latest stuff was much better compared to their older stuff (AC1, Ready Rig, etc). Any recs for a canteen pouch in ranger green? AWS is perpetually out of stock. I think they discontinued production of theirs.
>>
>>61427749
he's not making it in house, it will inevitably be made in mexico again. His "designs" aren't really different in any good way. The vertical shoulder straps on the AC1 are perfect for that twink physique, but not great for a normal human with muscle mass. The Twink Rex HydroPouch(tm) is almost a direct copy of the Eagle pouch, just buy a surplus one.
>>
>>61427850
There is literally nothing botkin brings to the table that you can't get a better version of elsewhere lol

Using his shit just shows people who know that you are susceptible to zoomer marketing
>>
File: Capture.jpg (51 KB, 493x431)
51 KB
51 KB JPG
>>61427942
Lucas is a real one lay off
>>
>>61427959
lucas sounds like he takes it up the ass
>>
File: Front__02758.jpg (298 KB, 1280x1259)
298 KB
298 KB JPG
How are the Esstac angled pistol mag pouches? Thinking about grabbing the double.
>>
>>61427959
Lmao 2 years ago he was claiming he trained and wrote SOPs for SOF and cops. When that (obviously false) claim blew up in his face he started his current "I hate feds" arc.

It's all theater to sell you shit
>>
>>61428064
They're kywis, but angled. I have a belt with them on it, and I can draw glock mags from them without the belt ending up under my armpit.
>>
>>61426809
>Is it worth it to buy a cheap bump helmet without nods? Obviously I want to have nods and a good ballistic helmet but I don’t have the cash rn.
You’re a FAGGOT buying TOYS for a HOBBY

Save up your pocket money and buy a ballistic helmet when you have $2k for an opscore
>>
Anyone have experience with the Direct Action dump pouches? Or have a rec for a good low profile dump pouch?
>>
File: 20230506_171452.jpg (963 KB, 2046x1872)
963 KB
963 KB JPG
>>61421702
LBT, dawg
>>
File: 20220501_102321.jpg (905 KB, 3266x1069)
905 KB
905 KB JPG
>>61428272
Low profile how? I had a bfg dump that collapsed super small but it was a bitch to dump a mag into cuz it was like a plastic bag that kept closing. I switched to the emdom/mm dump and haven't looked back since. For 58 bucks it's amazing kit
>>
>>61428272
No experience, but the pull handle on the low profile ones looks like a terrible snag hazard. Their standard one looks pretty nice.

I'd stay away from any dump pouch made from ripstop, like the BFG and DM ones. There's no body to those, and they swing around like crazy once you put anything in them.

I personally use the Flatline Fiber Co mini dump pouch. It has pros and cons. Pros: made of 500D Cordura so it actually has some body to it (unlike ripstop pouches), can be mounted behind a rifle mag pouch, and it stows away nicely. Con: Due to that mounting method, it will sway more when you move than some other dump pouches (but still not as much as the ripstop pouches).
>>
Rate my kit.
>>
>>61427695
I have a holster and picked up a cheap ready rig on that Mexico discount. I have a friend who also owns a holster. Everything seems to be good quality, I really like my holster for edc. I will say the ready rig is well made but it’s a weird fit and I don’t think I’d really recommend it.
>>
>>61428472
>doesn't know how to run his gun or fix a "malfunction"
He for sure came from here
>>
>>61428272
beez dump pouch pretty good
>>61428442
I'm a long time LBT shill, and LBT fell off. They switched up their manufacturing in 2022 (or somewhere around there) and the quality took a nosedive. Which is a shame because I have a ton of their stuff.
>>
>>61428699
No shit? That sucks to hear
>>
>>61428729
word is they fired a lot of people then hired a ton of inexperienced ones
>>
>>61428739
tale as old as time.
>>
>>61428065
Hes busting gun manufactures CEO balls for not being christian enough IRL and lobbies for gun rights at his local government. His website spoonfeeds new fags on each piece of gear he sells. If he is not a great example of a good gun influencer who is?
>>
>>61428442
hey remember when you sold your NODs and bragged about how good you felt after selling them and then only posted pics of yourself when you had NODs and then then bought new ones literally months later

you also posted your face and dick on /fit/
>>
>>61428994
Lucas is a fucking faggot and assuming you aren't Lucas, so are you

>If he is not a great example of a good gun influencer who is?
>influencer
That word and the very concept are fucking cancer
But to andwer your question, inasmuch as he could be called an "influencer," Paul Harrell, peace be upon him.
>>
>>61429072
>I dont like how things are
>social media makes me :(
Cry more retard hes doing far more than you and most people. You act like hes the same as black rifle coffee
>>
>>61429101
>You act like hes the same as black rifle coffee
He is lmao

Sorry your brain is apparently vulnerable to marketing literally targeting children that sucks.
>>
File: botkin.jpg (61 KB, 540x960)
61 KB
61 KB JPG
>>61429143
You think this guy
>>
>>61429101
>>61429151
Tbh the inevitable Botkin gay sex scandal is gonna make the Black Rifle shit look like child's play
>>
File: blackriflecompany.png (1.48 MB, 1167x750)
1.48 MB
1.48 MB PNG
>>61429151
Is the same as this guy. You are 100% fill of shit
>>
>>61429159
>>61429151
I think your gaydar is broken if you think Lucas isn't at least as gay as Matt Best lol.
>but he said heckin fag in an instagram story
He looks like he's about to start stomping and crying in that photo.
>>
>>61429158
can't wait to touch tips with him in the club bathroom
>>
>>61429158
>>61429179
>straight christian man is against gays
>uh he must be secretly gay
Same old tropes lol. Regroup with your tumblr fags and get some new material
>>
>>61429034
Uhh nah
>>
File: 1674008001640281.jpg (60 KB, 800x600)
60 KB
60 KB JPG
>>61429193
With this specific "man" anyone with eyes and ears has to admit that he at least doesn't SEEM very straight lol.

>Regroup with your tumblr fags and get some new material
Ok, in addition to acting like the kind of guy who eventually gets caught blowing truckers at rest stops, he also looks uncannily like the product of centuries of inbreeding, and his numerous clearly dysgenic traits seem to back that up.

And ultimately we've gotten far away from the original point that his company sells inferior versions of other people's gear lol.
>>
>>61429158
it already came out and people still dickride botkin
>>61429193
his sisters wrote about his perversions years ago and that why people say he's gay (and because he has the gay voice)
>>
>>61429291
>he has the gay voice
Lucas just sounds like he's 12yo nerd. Anyway, Isaac > Lucas. Isaac is an actual nerd and he's the one who makes a T Rex video worth watching.
>>
>>61400619
If I get a $16 chang krydex polymer pistol mag pouch on amazon for holding my modlite handheld will it fall apart?
>>
>>61429346
From where I'm sitting it's pretty clear that his older brothers actually run the company and Lucas is the social media face of it.

Which is wild because he's a charisma black hole lol
>>
>>61429381
Krydex is soild
>>
>>61429484
Its polymer so I'll just paint it to make it NIR compliant
>>
File: IMG_6885.jpg (37 KB, 459x667)
37 KB
37 KB JPG
>>61429443
Everything about Trex Arms is gay and boring and has zero appeal to anyone
>Christianity
bad, lame and boring boomer religion associated with strict childhoods, curfews, not having fun or having sex
>zero SOF/Veterans in the company
no combat anecdotes or operational experience using gear to draw from
>Le “Prepared Citizens”
gay cope neverserveds tell themselves to cope with the fact that they will never see combat
>zero pictures of Trex gear being used by military overseas
It’s shit and no one serving anywhere recommends it
>Politics
Boring 40 minute videos from the boring dad on how he achieves nothing in local elections and getting zero gun laws overturned

There is absolutely nothing charismatic about a bunch of ugly weird religious incel cult members running a glorified drop-shipping business catering to losers who are too fat to enlist
>>
>>61430010
dude why does this rifle look 100% crooked, rail seems totally drooped
>>
>>61430010
>has zero appeal to anyone
Lucas is gay af but they're clearly successful. Dunno exactly why unless the tendie-operator market is somehow that big...
>>
File: 1698425166538133.png (22 KB, 540x360)
22 KB
22 KB PNG
Anyone who hates T-Rex Arms is a leftist faggot.

They are literally telling you that they hate them because they are Christian, prepared citizens, politically active, and aren't bootlickers working for the state.

T-Rex arms hate is your new litmus test. Congratulations. Go to church, then go get training. Shall not be infringed. Christ is King.
>>
>>61430252
>unless the tendie-operator market is somehow that big...
hmm let’s see
>99.9999% of AR15s
>every plate, plate carrier, chest rig or non-issued piece of tactical nylon
>the entire surplus market.

Your average enlisted grunt maybe pays for a pair of boots once per year and some sets of cammies. I spent $0 on work items over the course of my entire military career.
>>
Lucas is based and his haters are leftist faggot trannies seething and hoping to drive sales and influence away from TRex Arms because it's one of the few companies that isn't shy about what they believe in.
>>
>>61430315
I don't like how much they get shilled here.
>>
>>61430315
God isn’t real and you’re gay and a cuck

Imagine wasting your Sunday in a church with a bunch of fat boomers singing about how much you love and worship another man
>ooooh god I love you so much god
>I worship you forever
>omg the father, son and the holy ghost
>fuck me in the ass daddy
Kneeling in front of a the priest and opening your mouth for your communion wafer like you’re about to take a hot stick load on your tongue

With the full knowledge that 99% of the clergy are gay and pedopiles.

Run by the Vatican who support globohomo policies like fag marriage and filling white countries with millions of brown refugees

WORSHIPPING LITERAL JEW

Hope your daughter meets a nice Christian black man so you can goon in the corner of the room while you listen to her walls getting stretched by BBC while you pray to lord almighty
>>
>>61430444
>Reddit
>>
>>61430444
Go home Zelensky, you're drunk
>>
>>61430401
>I spent $0
Don't lie, you paid, just not with money
>>
>>61430444
Was wondering how long it would take the seething t rex haters to mention black dick, seems we found the real faggot after all

Anyways, I think his four double mag chest rig would be real dope without the molle expander wings
>>
>>61426868
350 opscore or team wendy fool wtf they go down to an even 300 on big tex sometimes.
>>
>>61430444
God still loves you and welcomed you with open arms
>>
File: _DSC7363.jpg (729 KB, 2227x1485)
729 KB
729 KB JPG
>>61418626
What are those battery cases?
>>
Any suggestions for alternative to the Night Vision Pouch from alpen design works?
>>61430010
This post comes across as very small hat.
>>
>>61430599
No no, he abandoned those ones, that's why they do shit like this, shitting up a thread about military gear, outdoor gear, larping gear, etc.
>>
>>61430507
>t. seething coping stockholm syndrome choir boy with a blown out asshole
>>
File: 1509651722037.jpg (2.43 MB, 1920x1080)
2.43 MB
2.43 MB JPG
>>61430444
Everything that begins to exist has a cause.
The universe began to exist.
The universe has a cause.

The cause of the universe must be spaceless, timeless, immaterial, maximally powerful, and personal. It must be spaceless, timeless, and immaterial because these things began when the universe began. The cause must be maximally powerful, because the limits of what is possible are dictated by the nature of the cause. The cause personal because for an infinite cause to change it's state, it must be able to choose for itself, and therefor has personhood.

Seek Christ and ask him for humility and forgiveness.

Or don't.

Me and my girlfriend will have white Christian babies, and we will proudly stand side to side with Christian traditionalist non-whites against woke white leftist heathens.

Cope and seethe.
>>
>>61430599
Lucas' arms are too skinny to welcome anyone.
>>
>>61431146
>Saying that Lucas is God
>>
Am I allowed to believe in Jesus but also think Lucas is a homo? Can I do both?
>>
>>61431486
>i'm a christian
>bad mouths the biggest and most devote christian gun media figure
2+2=?
>>
File: 1713368976349.jpg (960 KB, 1440x2715)
960 KB
960 KB JPG
>>61429291
all top results are redditors calling him a racist and homophobe lol. Sounds based to me. Is he a closet fag or what?
>>
File: file.png (1.63 MB, 1500x1500)
1.63 MB
1.63 MB PNG
I cant really see out of my right eye (like 20/60 vision there). Whats the best bang for your buck monocular night vision?
>>
Shoenice in that night desert camo you larpers love
>>
>>61431635
>the night vision world has become pretty queer the last few years
lmao
>>
File: 20240417_181748.jpg (164 KB, 705x854)
164 KB
164 KB JPG
lol
>>
What should I plan to spend on a decent pair of boots? Probably will go to REI or something, somewhere I can try stuff on in person.

Probably won't see super heavy use, I only really hike a few times per year, not much in winter either. Maybe a larp here and there. But I'd still like something good quality.
>>
>>61431790
Kind of is desu. Spending tens of thousands of dollars and sacrificing your health and time to appease a bunch of other dudes is pretty gay desu.
>>
>>61431907
around $150
>>
>>61428455
looking for something that's low profile when fastened on the belt. I'm not sure how often I'll really be using it but want to have one for occasional stowing mags
>>
>>61432065
Beez dumper is what you seek
>>
>>61429215
I love how the shill had no response to this lmao
>>
>>61431506
John Lovell?
>>
>>61432213
Whats there to say its word vomit. Atheist nonsense
>>61432227
>biggest
>>
>>61432445
Biggest arms?
>>
File: basedkin.jpg (14 KB, 460x219)
14 KB
14 KB JPG
>>61432451
kek but for real botkin is the goat
>>
>>61432459
Those damn London movie directors born in July!
>>
>>61432213
Lucas embodies gay empowerment. His tiny twink body in contrast to the large guns and men he surrounds himself with. It's all a dogwistle to the way community because he can't come out and say it directly. At least not yet
>>
>>61432445
>Atheist nonsense
You know I think maybe the funniest thing about the entirety of this discourse is people larping as devout christians on fucking 4chan of all places. If you truly believed what you claimed to, you wouldn't be here.
>>
>>61432607
>Christians are perfect people
Atheist nonsense
>>
>>61432459
He has some good takes, but he doesn't stay in his lane. Sewn gear is not his lane. Training actual SF guys is not his lane. If he wants to do these things then he needs to learn how to do it properly and do it in house. He does the holsters properly (manufacturing), but he tried to just subcontract his way into a different industry. I know other brands do this too, they're also big gay for it.
>>
>>61432623
I'm sure Lucas Botkin says the same thing to himself after every load he swallows lol
>>
>>61432636
This is a good summary of why he bothers so many people I think

Nobody would care if he just shot guns and made holsters, but he's got this overall compulsion toward pretending expertise on a variety of topics on which he has 0 experience, and when pressed on it by actual SMEs he inevitably backs down and acts like he never said that, and he's done it a LOT.

He's very much a product of his upbringing, in the sense that he is clearly an indulged younger son from a very insular community who seems to have almost never heard the word "no" growing up, a combination that in my experience seems to exclusively produce people who loudly and proudly don't know what they don't know but think they're great at everything. I can't imagine he's a great dude to work for, never met a guy like that who was a good boss, and several high profile e-drama incidents certainly seem to point to that being the case.
>>
>>61432702
He gives off big time "prom king of a homeschool only he attended" vibes for sure.

In any public school in the country the sheer level of bullying someone like Lucas Botkin would've endured for acting how he does while being who he is would've produced a much less annoying adult.
>>
File: APL01.jpg (1.21 MB, 3196x2400)
1.21 MB
1.21 MB JPG
>>61430606
literally just random cases batteries of ebay would ship in. Not waterproof. Buddy started printing us battery compartments and counterweights and his are way more robust, but also bulky. I generally use the clear ones bc they're slimmer

>>61431646
PVS-14 from tacswap. Look for Elbit (less expensive than L3 but still good), Gen3, with "low hours." Request a spec sheet and we can lyk how it looks. Don't worry about going for White Phos when Green works great and can look like White with a lil $20 filter cap
>>
File: 1220NPL-7-2-scaled.jpg (166 KB, 2560x1440)
166 KB
166 KB JPG
>>61432763
>not using the B5 grip plug
>>
File: APL03.jpg (1.52 MB, 3600x2700)
1.52 MB
1.52 MB JPG
>>61432778
>relying on the B5 grip plug items for anything besides an emergency
we are not the same
>>
>>61431790
Bodybuilding is gay but so is grunt proof.
>>
>>61432850
fr tho pretty much the whole world is gay, some things are just way gayer than others. Dude ordered a McChicken in front of me yesterday and didn't say 'no homo'...definitely gay
>>
>>61432654
Why do you hate fags?
>>
>>61427188
>>61427182

arbor looks nice tbf, think I'll go with that
>>
>>61432763
>PVS-14
Whats the right price for these, around $3500? Seems like the white phos isnt really much more than green
>>
>>61429215
Lol projecting much?
>>61432213
What is there to respond to? Vague meaningless statements, subjective ones at that and some homoerotic fantasy that wouldn't seem to come easily to a straight man. If Lucas looked any kind of fucked up the internet would have immediately memed him like Greta thunberg and the f.a.s. features, he's just a skinny guy who has admitted to a caffeine/energy drink addiction. Totally unremarkable.
>>
botkin nutriders will get 10% off with coupon code TOTALLYSTRAIGHT69
>>
>>61432867
he has some good vids, but most have become low quality tho
>>
>>61433560
I dont give a shit who anybody fucks, anon, it doesn't affect me in the slightest. In fact I'd respect Lucas a lot more if he was honest about who he is.

What I DO hate is hypocrites.
>>
>>61433711
>If Lucas looked any kind of fucked up the internet would have immediately memed him
The internet has been making fun of how Lucas Botkin looks for like a decade, anon.
>>
File: 1691537261219273.jpg (846 KB, 2029x1495)
846 KB
846 KB JPG
>>61433711
>If Lucas looked any kind of fucked up the internet would have immediately memed him like Greta thunberg and the f.a.s. features
Lol they did bro
>>
>>61432846
>>61432778
Speaking of batteries how should I store mine on my kit and what do I gunsoom? Belt? Use it as a counterweight?
>>
>>61433882
It goes in a assault bag or in your gun like the pic. No need for tactical battery reloads off your kit m8
>>
>>61433835
Pitiful
>>
>>61433959
Simping for Botkin? I agree it's sad to see grown men brought so low.
>>
>>61433797
meant for
>>61432850
>>
File: IMG_9070.jpg (195 KB, 750x543)
195 KB
195 KB JPG
>>61400619
Does anyone have the 6 pack esstac placard? Was thinking about running that with a Shaw concepts nerd pouch for my shit but I’m afraid it’ll all stick out too far.
>>
Hello i am a giant baby who needs his hand held. I'm looking for closed top mag pouches (yes ive seen the infographic) that might be able to handle one ak mag OR two pmags, flip between them due to the gay place i live.
I'd like a buckle option if such a thing exists - id seen some chest rigs where the mag pouch could take 2 ar mags and buckle or one ak mag and velcro closed, but my needs seem to be kinda too retardedly specific to source easily. Any help?
>>
>>61434263
Surplus eagle industries might fit a single AK mag. They made 1x2 and 2x2.
>>
>>61434263
The ones that apex gun parts sells
>>
File: grandpappy.png (2.43 MB, 1987x1387)
2.43 MB
2.43 MB PNG
hi, new to /k/ and hope this is the appropriate thread
a family member gave me this pic of my great grandfather earlier, she didn't know the year of the pic, but can anyone tell me what pants these are?
He served in the Air Force in WW2 & Korean War for reference!
any help would be appreciated please
thank you in advance!
>>
File: file.png (537 KB, 600x412)
537 KB
537 KB PNG
>>61434750
>Korean war army fatigues
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OG-107
>>
>>61434263
aws 50326 has a flapped closure and can do 2 ak or 2 ar mags comfortably, flap length is adjustable too.

No buckle though, it is what it is there. Something from Eagle is probably gonna be your only option that checks all your boxes if anybody makes it.
>>
>>61434263
So, idk about buckles but you can fit one ak mag or two ar mags in eagle flapped pouches. Used to have an ak so can confirm. Check out whiskey two four as well. I think if you really want a buckle closure in addition to velcro you might be out of luck, unless the velocity systems jungle mag pouch will also fit ak mags. They have velcro and a buckle.
>>
File: 20190617_183812.jpg (118 KB, 582x397)
118 KB
118 KB JPG
>>61404517
the first time i've seen ANYONE put fucking water on their chest rig. almost like you might be going somewhere other than the flat range with your gear.
>>
>>61408118
ear pro needs depend. ear plugs are cheap and available almost anywhere but are nasty after a while.
Active ear pro? Good entry shit is Howard Leight and the Walker volt or whatever theyre called. They do the same thing but are shaped differently. Sometimes it helps you hear better because stuff is amplified a little, but you get increased protection from gunshots.

But they get in the way.

Eye pro? Look up the APEL (Approved Protective Eyewear List) if you need something for shrapnel and then you can get surp shit that way. Otherwise anything thats good for construction or paintball will be fine for powder getting in your eyes. Cheaper ones are easy to have so you can share/afford to lose/afford to break it.

Admin pouches are retarded. Leatherman/multitool can go into a pistol pouch. You arent going to carry a map, lets be honest here. If you are. what kind? for where? how are you getting maps? You might want a utility pouch like a canteen pouch for extra shit like binos, range finder, water, food, extra mags or range shit. I dont know. its you, man.

boots. depends on your feet, what youre doing, and the season. Goretex boots are great for when its cold and wet, but not when everything is soaking wet. Look up the differences yourself. obviously your MARITIME Altamas are not good for going up a mountain, and especially terrible in the snow.

Gloves. Depends on what you want them to do. Go to a store and try on the Mechanix stuff if you can. Glove sizes vary and its a bitch. Dont buy the knuckle impact shit; you arent hitting people and you arent in an armored vehicle. It's going to be too bulky and cost too much. Fire resistant gloves might be best for when you grab something hot like a used firearm or when youre setting up a fire. Nomex, goat leather, shit like that is nice on the palm. Summer weight USGI flyer's gloves are available and are fire resistant. Obviously not for winter, but are also long enough to go into your sleeves.
>>
>>61427504
try to get the nalgene canteens. The 'oasis' bottles. These are USGI shaped and fit in the surp pouches and also take the caps in the event you break or lose the one it comes with.

The wide mouth nalgs fucking suck to have on your kit but are fine to have on or in your backpack.
>>
File: FZWAaVYVsAArXsJ.jpg (69 KB, 680x550)
69 KB
69 KB JPG
>>61430010
>>
>>61435476
Most people run a bladder in a assault pack
>>
Anyone have an Esstac discount code? Or will they have a Memorial Day sale I should just wait for?
>>
>>61435476
water bladder
>>
>>61400619
niggas
>>
>>61436681
AYO!
>>
when the army or marines allow for privately purchased gear, how does it work?
is it a force wide policy or is it based on your company/batallion/but etc?

anyway market plate carriers cant substitute issued ones because those are armor carriers, so the vast majority of PCs cant do the same thing, theres very few that have that that capability, like the crye armor chassis, siege r optimized, some that accept mbav/spear cut soft armor, theres a crye PC that takes mbav inserts, dont remember the name.

btw the gap between the players bag and the cummer is weak spot in regular pcs because it's not covered even with soft armor inserts, so mbav cuts or bigger are good, or overlapping cummerbunds are even better so you dont need redundant soft armor under your plates, unless you're already using icw plates
>>
>>61436699
>anyway market plate carriers cant substitute issued ones because those are armor carriers, so the vast majority of PCs cant do the same thing
Are you trying to say that Crye makes a slightly different AVS or JPC for the military because they have a slightly different plate in their setups?
>>
>>61437019
no, I was referring to the LVS overt just didnt remember the name
>>
>>61436699
Based on your unit (really based on your sergeant major)
>>
>>61436699
>is it based on your company/batallion/but etc?
Entirely.
>anyway market plate carriers cant substitute issued ones because those are armor carriers, so the vast majority of PCs cant do the same thing
Sure they can. Today you learn that the current army and marine vests are both strandhogg knockoffs. Certainly IOTVs are still around, but less common every day. Idk about marines, but in the army the long term intention is to outsource armor coverage to IIIA clothing; so you only need to wear plates in yout vest as your shirt will stop any frag. Thats the future, for better or worse.
>so you dont need redundant soft armor under your plates, unless you're already using icw plates
Issued plates are ICW, so in the context of what you're saying, soft armor is never redundant. Because civilians can easily get standalone plates, this is one factor in why civs generally dont care about soft armor.
>>61437019
They do, there are mbav pockets for the AVS. Hes talking about backers not plates.
>>
>>61427942
The quad chest rigs fuck and the placard is good too.
>>
>>61428442
what are the med/nods pouches there?
>>
ivan, stop being a faggot and ship my shit already
>>
>>61437135
can you give some sauce on the 3A clothing?
that's interesting
>>
>>61401027
Trex arms ready rig fits skinny guys well. But you're limited to the pockets sewn into it no placard.
>>
>>61437135
>3A clothing
I can see a retarded general requesting this and authorizing billions for R&D but it won't happen
>>
>>61401027
>>61438198
The Brave Castle BCR-1 rig is what the Ready Rig should've been, and they even make a small version for stickmen. They sell a variety of inserts for the placard part of the rig. It's more expensive than the Ready Rig, but it's far better made (OEM'ed by First Spear).

https://www.bravecastle.com/
>>
>>61438450
>$275
>>
>>61438450
so its like a FLC with a few surplus shingles but 15x the price.
>>
>>61438876
>OEM'ed by First Spear
And you're surprised by the price tag?

>>61438927
Yeah it's just like the FLC, if the FLC was an elastic cummerbund with an X harness.

All I'm saying is that the Ready Rig is poorly designed and the BCR-1 is much better, and comes in a small size for the stickanon.
>>
>>61438927
have you ever even seen a FLC? they look nothing alike
>>
File: pyro.png (1.22 MB, 1920x1200)
1.22 MB
1.22 MB PNG
I would like to get a gas mask. I don't really care what kind, I just want something comfortable, with a good seal, relatively low price, and compatible with common filters found in the US.
>>
>>61439719
>I just want something comfortable, with a good seal, relatively low price, and compatible with common filters
Nah got to pay to play playa. Ask for less or pay more
>>
>>61439719
Police trade in msa millennium. If it seals it fields
>>
>>61439838
I will not pay a penny more than five hundred dollars!

>>61439862
It looks pretty good.
>>
>>61439862
>>61439896
I have a MSA but dont like them because of the yellowing. I got the C50 to replace it and its a huge upgrade. They also make the best filters
https://shop.avon-protection.com/products/avon-protection-c50%E2%84%A2-air-purifying-respirator?
>>
>>61439896
Also if you are cool with used this is a solid deal
https://www.ebay.com/itm/166635272823?chn=ps
>>
>>61439919
>yellowing
What yellowing?
>>
>>61439935
Over time the plastic tends to yellow with the MSA mine is pretty bad. Just make it hard to see
>>
File: images.jpg (7 KB, 232x217)
7 KB
7 KB JPG
>>61439935
>>61439960
>>
>>61439964
piss visor.
>>
File: file.png (2.35 MB, 1024x1024)
2.35 MB
2.35 MB PNG
>>61439964
>>61439960
Any idea what causes that? I've seen methods of fixing the way an SNES gets yellow over time. It might be a cheap fix.
>>
>>61400619
>>61440013
>>61440013
>>61440013
>>
>>61439996
None that I found I just got the Avon C50 and keep it as a backup or handout mask for now. Avon rules
>>
File: X5-TACBLK_1024x1024.jpg (122 KB, 1000x1000)
122 KB
122 KB JPG
Anyone use Kore belts? Worth the money?
>>
>>61436532
ah yes, water bladder thats a bitch to clean
and the tube can freeze!
it is nice to have the water to pour into something else, but its so intermittent for most of us to keep it clean (i dont care about pouring bleach in it nor do i want to put soap in it; if i cant shake it a few times with soap to make it clean, its too dumb)

also having it pop a leak from rolling over pisses me off
>>
>>61440157
Water bladders are fine many ways to skin a cat just have something that has water with you
>>
File: 20240418_174056.jpg (3.14 MB, 2400x3200)
3.14 MB
3.14 MB JPG
>>61432846
I keep some in a pack too
>>
>>61440157
Buying bladders that aren't bottom-of-the-barrel walmart ozark trail trash solves every one of your issues, retard-kun.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.