[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/k/ - Weapons

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1712250943557923.png (769 KB, 850x1100)
769 KB
769 KB PNG
Will M6anon Deliver? Edition?

Old >>61331078

MFAL comparison: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e5V9qYxITW0

Resource on what these spec terminology mean

https://www.nite-walker.com/post/2019/11/21/specs-for-dummies-101

https://apollogearco.com/blogs/news/night-vision-specs-explained

https://gloomgroup.com/blogs/night-vision-info/night-vision-specifications-understanding-what-they-mean

You shouldn't be chasing for spec values but they do exist and if you wanted to know what "better spec" values are there's a way to know which unit is desirable over another.

Most retailers won't post this info as they build NVDs to order, first come first serve, and depending on their grading scale of high, mid, low tier it may differ from retailers. If a retailer offer a “ready to ship” fully built units they will list the spec values. Hand select is an option from retailers that will try to match to your spec requirements.

Some reputable retailers:

https://www.jrhenterprises.com/

https://steeleindustries.com/

https://nvisionoptics.com/

https://apollogearco.com

SNR: signal to noise ratio, the amount of signal the tube can make compared to the noise

EBI: equivalent background information, how much false image appears in the screen through which the actual image has to show, sort of a noise floor of sorts

Halo: How big the circle of bloom is around lights

Photocathode Sensitivity: How sensitive the photocathode is

LP Resolution: Line pair res of the center of the image as measure against a standardized chart

If one spec is shit it negates the rest, if you have a halo of 2.0 it kinda fucks on an EBI of 0.20 if you want to do any kind of shooting and it's all a balance game

The numbers to meet or beat are

EBI under 1, preferably under 0.6 being great, 0.1 is gucci

Halo under 1, anything under 0.7 is awesome

SNR, over 25 anything over 30 is gucci

Photocathode, 1900+ is pretty great, 2500+ is stellar

Resolution of 64+ is good, 72+ is gucci
>>
So does anyone know how the FDA tests laser devices? Do they even test laser devices? In any case, VCSEL LS units may be on the horizon.
>>
>>61424686
I hope they aren't going to comply with FDA laser regulations, the whole point of buying theses gray market LAMs is to have output power beyond FDA's limit.
Found this on the FDA's website about device regulation: https://www.fda.gov/medical-devices/device-advice-comprehensive-regulatory-assistance/overview-device-regulation
>>
>>61424686
Wasn't there someone claiming that the FDA doesn't actually test shit and that half the companies who put out civ power vs full power are doing so unnecessarily?
>>
>>61424686
I just emailed the FDA we'll see if they get back to me
>>61423560 (You)
What do you mean?
I mean that if I throw a dual lead tape switch into the crane port will I be able to activate the WL on my rifle and the vis laser on the LAM at the same time?
it's not that big of a deal and it's more for CQB shenanigans that don't apply to me anyway.
>>
>>61424897
>dual lead tape switch
These usually have two buttons on them.
>>
>>61424897
Sick, hope we get a straight answer. And regarding the vis override, I'm honestly not sure. Despite making this whole thing happen, I am a tapeswitch hater for life and will be using the M6 with the button only. I just did this so y'all would have a better option available. I'd love to hear your report on this if/when you buy a crane M6.
>>61424785
Their concern is, I'm sure, supplying bigger orders and putting resellers at risk. Still, if they can provide civ MAWL performance at like $1000, it'd be great.
>>
File: IMG_9759.jpg (208 KB, 1500x1125)
208 KB
208 KB JPG
>>61424339
Eurofag here
All binoculars you could get here were 12k+ wit mediocre G3 or bad G2 tubes.
Now i have seen several shops starting to sell Jerry31s for a bit over 4k
Has anyone in here any hands-on experience?
Are they worth the money?
>>
>>61424785
>the whole point of buying theses gray market LAMs is to have output power beyond FDA's limit
Not exactly. You're missing a few points here. That was more applicable years ago when decent options were non-existent and VSCEL illuminators weren't a thing. If they can make something with a VSCEL illuminator that's as good as what's currently on the market then it'd be good enough for the average user.
They need a way to expand their business and continuing to dropship gray market devices from China isn't it. Expanding to the US market by going legitimate like Holosun could help them a bit. Besides there's no reason they can't do both gray market and FDA approved devices through different channels..
>Found this on the FDA's website
Telling Laserspeed to read the site won't make things easier for them. It's already complicated enough for American businesses.
>>
>>61424686
wait does this mean the whole thing is called off because they're scared of the fda
>>
>>61425512
No he's getting his test unit in 2 weeks (lma) or so.
>>
>>61425512
Nah, this will not affect the crane M6s.
>>
How are these? Any rec on what toobs to get? These are gen 3 right?
https://steeleindustries.com/product/photonis-echo-high-gain-green-phosphor-goggle-options/
>>
>>61426109
>Any rec on what toobs to get?
Do you have a strict upper bound budget? If so state it and we have a better idea on what to recommend for you.
Otherwise if you have no budget limit then the skies the limit.
>How are these?
>These are gen 3 right?
No, those are Photonis tubes and they only make gen 2 tubes and they have various product line they make that are getting high gain values that can almost reach gen 3 tubes especially older produced gen 3 tubes i.e. getting older gen 3 tubes that were made back in the early to mid 90s.
Read the OP and you will hopefully understand what specs to look in a NVD tube.
>>
What's a good adapter to mount a pvs14 to cellphone to take videos?
>>
>>61426190
I would like to keep the nods under 5k but I could stretch it/wait for sale. I’d really like duals to passive aim. Just bought acros for my atacr and elcan
>>
File: file.png (571 KB, 675x1165)
571 KB
571 KB PNG
nice
>>
>>61426874
>50mw ir pointer
seems excessive for a fucking pistol/pcc unit
>>
>>61426874
It uses weird proprietary holsters instead of TLR1/X300 right?
>>
>>61426874
I might get one of these for my PCC, I wonder how much better it is than my TLR-VIR II with the goon gear lens.
>>
>>61426910
uses xvl2 holsters because that's basically what it is
>>
Bump helmet options? Is it still wendy vs ops, or are there alternatives?
>>
>>61427862
yeah or you can roll the dice on a chinkshit clone
>>
>>61427862
$50 opscore clone from FMA
>>
>>61427875
>>61427892
Temping, though if I'm strapping a mono on it, probably should buy up, yeah? Don't plan on being shot at, but would ballistics offer rigidity for mounting, or is the j arm kind of the weak point on both bump/balistics?
>>
>>61427922
helmet doesn't make a difference in my experience. bump is for cheap fucking around.
>>
>>61427922
the arm is where the wobble is but i don't think it's unheard of for the shrouds on clone helmets to be out of spec.
there's also this: https://nightsolutions.ca/products/eon-carbon-helmet?variant=42968150081707
>>
>>61427931
i plan on banging it around a bit cuz I'm slightly retarded so that's good to know.
>>61427939
I remember seeing one anon complain about out of spec rails when we were doing that whole skateboard helmet thing a few months ago. Never could find a helmet sized for my massive head
>>
File: pepe-sweating.png (365 KB, 709x595)
365 KB
365 KB PNG
>tfw carefully removed the stripped screw from my 1431 housing
>>
>>61426874
All they did was boost the power and then mark it up $500 and it still has shit for ilum. They can go fuck themselves
>>
>>61424339
Was reading the thread on arfcom about them splitting the chinese made NV gear threads from the non-chinese made NV gear threads and one of their mod/jannies mentioned this about there is interest by US politicians wanting to apply tarriffs on chinese made goods with regards to NV products.

>I have read that that Nocturn, BAE, and L3 are currently lobbying the House Armed Services Committee (Honorable Mike Rogers, R, AL) trying to ban or place 100% tax tariffs on any Chinese NV and Thermal items via the ANVM https://www.nightvisionassociation.org/newsletters/q4-2023/

>Detrimental Effects of Chinese Night Vision Equipment Manufacturer’s Involvement in U.S. Commercial Market Require Immediate Corrective Action https://www.nightvisionassociation.org/sites/default/assets/Files/China_Night_Vision_Problem_Final.pdf

https://www.ar15.com/forums/Armory/New-Chinese-NV-Forum/18-551356/#i6077157

If that gets some major momentum going we can also say goodbye to cheap chinese NV related gear.
>>
>>61429011
The military industrial complex and its consequences have been a disaster for the human race.
>>
>>61429011
this shit is hilarious because it literally just boils down to seethe
>>
>>61429011
I wish arfcom boomers would just die.
>>
I thought you guys wanted the iron wall...?
>>
>>61429064
what does that mean
>>
>>61429064
im more worried about my own government oppressing me before any foreign government will
>>
>>61429086
stop being such a fucking baby lmao. Grow the fuck up
>>
>>61429011
>the second chinks make a half-way decent fusion device all the nvg players get uppity
Really makes you think.
>>
>>61429011
why would l3 and bae give a shit? Their commercial market's an afterthought.
>>
>>61429192
the fact that they quoted price differences to the exact dollar amount should tell you why. they are seething that someone is undercutting their chokehold on the civ market because there is no free market to begin with in the NV game. the consumer cannot determine the market price for NV products because uncle sam won't let anyone sell shit to us for cheaper than what he pays.
>>
>>61429226
so what does this mean for chink thermals? The only nonshit obtanium vendors that are american are armasight and nvision.
>>
>>61429269
and AGM but they said their thermals are made in chinkland too.
>>
>>61429269
who knows. it's all just conjecture for now, we just have to watch and wait and see what happens.
>>
>>61429275
AGM is Taiwanese
>>
>>61429192
I don't think it's L3 and BAE exclusively pushing for it but, more the association as a whole. It's a poorly worded post. Look at the list of ANVM members.
https://www.nightvisionassociation.org/member-directory/
It includes companies that do rely on on civilian market sales like Nocturn which makes sense and vendors like TNVC who were always faggots about anything Chinese. Steele Industries is a member too but, they sell iRay/Infiray thermals so I don't know what their actual stance is. EOTech would probably support it for IP infringement reasons alone.
>>
>>61424339
Are ebay chink pvs14 mounts bad and snappy?
Ngrrk5
>>
>>61429340
The sotac g24 clone seems to be decent enough. I bought one recently to use on a softcap and seems to handle dovetail mounts fine.
>>
>>61429343
My crusty norotos dovetail rhino is wobbling and annoying me
Fugg I don't think they take the same dovetail plates and I just wanted a new j arm
>>
>>61429363
Just buy the sotac g24 with the included knockoff dovetail j-arm.
>>
>>61429437
But but but buying the arm only mean I get to save twenty bucks and I can buy goiswop!

Jk I'm getting the sotac, I thought it was fma but its probably the same thing
>>
File: NWDnvg03.jpg (116 KB, 1020x1024)
116 KB
116 KB JPG
>>61429033
based comment, checked
>>
>>61429033
Based
>>61429192
>It's not enough that I win everyone else must lose
>>
>>61421718
based
>>61425649
I'm confused, what is this in reference to then? i thought they didn't care about selling fp units
>>
>>61430528
Oh shit lasersneed is owned by chinkray?
>>
>>61430528
They want to establish an approved market in the US and not just grey market.
>>
>>61430546
no, where the fuck did you get that from?
>>
>>61427939
Is this the carbon helmet that was shilled a few months back? If they're including the 4D pads in there just based on the listed prices this isn't the worst deal in the world.
>>
>>61429011
Arfcom boomers and their consequences have been a disaster for the night vision community.
>>
Rovyvon gl4 pro xl
so fucking sick
>>
>>61430725
The material lasersneed sent back to anon had a pic of the jerry-c.
>>
>>61433180
Oh. No, they never specified if it was a jerry-c or their own rip off of it
>>
File: file.png (10 KB, 1013x112)
10 KB
10 KB PNG
>>61433798
What?
>>
Night shoot this weekend.
>>
Slight delay, but the prototypes should be here by the week of the 30th and hopefully the first full batch here by the week after. Very excited.
>>
>>61435219
Good luck laser bro.
>>
>>61435148
Let us know how it goes
>>
Redpill a NVG newfag on the Designate IR-V. Thanks in advance nvgiggers.
>>
>>61436083
Check this time stamp from the LAM comparison linked in OP: https://youtu.be/e5V9qYxITW0?t=1949
You can watch brassfact's review of his experience with the DIR-V: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hWucAhHUqIM
And his and hop's ranking of various LAM they have experiences with, they mention the issues they had with the DIR-V: https://youtu.be/Wex5tcB1S6M?t=202
I personally have the original DIR-V I bought it like 2 years ago and it finally died on me back in December of 2023 and they replaced it with the brand new "gen 2" DIR-V. I like the form factor very slim profile so it can clear many optic mount height or thermal optics too, its really lightweight and can use any crane plug pressure pads, the performance of the illuminator is good and can reach out to 300yds quite easily, the ir laser pointer is higher rated than the FDA civ limit and I don't know how they got around that but w/e I'm not going to complain.
Overall, if you can get it for less than MSRP and closer to $1.5k it is worth it to me imo.
>>
>>61436083
I think it's a good performer with an excellent form factor and the weight is a major selling point.

I also think the price they want for it with a 3d printed housing is laughable, but the LAM market is what it is.
>>
>>61436134
>>61436144
Thanks for that, my dudes. Much appreciated for the links.

They are offering me a military (ret) discount on a top o the line model with the Arisaka updates.

...but the Holosun Iris is coming out any day....but they are Chinese products, sigh.
>>
>>61436207
The iris looks like shit so far
>>
>>61435219
>A week after receiving the prototype you'll get the first batch of 30
Isn't that too early?? that's only a week. You won't even have time to test it.
>>
>>61436914
Only thing I'm testing is output and waterproofness. All else should be the same as the old M6 was.
>>
>>61436941
What are your plans for the waterproof test? Spray with a hose to simulate rain? Submerge in a bucket for x amount of time before removing and testing?
>>
File: Untitled-design.png (456 KB, 1080x1080)
456 KB
456 KB PNG
>>61425289
Bump
>>
>>61436207
>but the Holosun Iris is coming out any day
Thatll give you time to get the thanksgiving discount for the DIR-V
>>
How does /nvg/ feel about IR illuminators like a x300v on handguns? I see some people say it’s not needed while others say it’s a must. Do they wash out handgun red dots?
>>
>>61436987
Dunk it and test. No use testing splashing if that's not what's being claimed.
>>
I think my IS NGAL is being shipped. the tracking number updated to on the way.
>>
How is everyone so certain the iris is trash? They said they would fix the output since SHOT show
>>
>>61437687
Holosun posted a video on their Instagram that made it looks basically the same as the LS321 and I2 9007 in Hop's videos. They also used a Sionyx for that.
>>
>>61437609
He gave me a tracking number that hasn't updated for almost a week, how long did yours take?
>>
>>61437705
It’s still in development and holosun josh said the very first thing they’re addressing is the VCSEL output
>>
>>61425289
bullshit, you just don't know where to look
t. eurofag with 2 sub 2K duals and a 931 FENN lensed xlsh man. gain
>>
>>61437747
end of last year when it was still the mk3. This was when he was still only one dude working on all of them. I hate reddit so much it's unreal.
>>
>>61438159
No like when did he make the tracking number? I ordered in the beginning of last year.
>>
>>61438208
CORRECTION:
>Jan 27, 2023
we're in the same boat anon. tracking # from china just won't update until it reaches the states. at least was my experience with laser speed
>>
>>61437802
Hope for the best, prepare for the worst. I don't really believe it'll be even half of the MAWL's performance. The form factor is good and being able to go from flood to spot on the fly is nice, but I don't believe it'll be powerful enough to be a truly worthwhile option. That being said, I genuinely hope I'm wrong.
>>
>>61437931
How did you manage that?
>>
>>61438368
I hope it’s good because I like how tiny and light it is (based off current specs) how heavy was your laser?
>>
That z bolt ACAL looked interesting but it keeps being pushed back
>>
>>61438457
The updated M6? It'll be 6.8oz. Roughly PEQ weight, but skinnier and smaller.
>>
Where can I find the cheapest acceptable dual toobs for passive aiming?
>>
>>61439140
>cheapest acceptable
That's 8k. Somewhere in the OP.
>>
>>61439152
So are these shit? https://jrhenterprises.com/index.php/product/photonis-vyper-night-vision-binocular-device-4g-white-phosphor/#reviews
Would it suck balls to passive aim in them? Would I be better off getting just a pvs14?
>>
>>61439204
>Photonis
There are two camps regarding Photonis. It's absolutely fine, and it's pure dog shit avoid get L3 or Elbit. This guy from Arkayne (he has a full video where I think this short comes from) will tell you all day Photonis is fine for example.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b7E0_IRHBvY
>would it suck balls to passive aim in them
I don't think so. I passive aim with a monocular without issues.
>>
>>61424339
What's so great about technologied formerly carson industries?
>>
IMO if you're going to get duals just go all the way and get L3s.
A PVS14 is actually very capable, duals are not 2x as good just because they're 2x the tubes.
Duals really are a luxury item where a PVS14 is more utility. Duals are 100% better than a mono but you can get a lot done with a mono and if you're only going to get photonis tube duals idk why you'd get duals in the first place unless you can get a really good deal on them.
>>
>>61439475
Ok thanks. Think there will be any good deals worth waiting until Memorial Day for?
>>
>>61438287
Jan 5th here, he said it'd be here yesterday but I don't believe any time estimates he gives anymore.
>>61439261
>Arkayne
Those guys are absolutely retarded and you should disregard anything they say.
>>
>>61439592
They back it up with visual proof and have money for shit that I currently don't have so they're in a better position to give an opinion than I am. I linked them only because I know that that fag talks up Photonis.
>>
>>61439475
I need to ask someone to use their duals if they don't mind. Since I have a monocular only I really want to form an opinion on if it is true that having both eyes is not as good as some of you guys claim. I see lots of people with duals say
>PVS14 fine!
but then they continue using duals.
>>
>>61439261
It really isnt the fact that Photonis are dogshit. Its the fact that if you look at the price of photonis vs elbit tubes theres not that much of a difference if you live in the US. Also if you look at almost all the people that are advocating to actually buy photonis units they are usually a reseller of photonis.
>>
>>61439665
Duals are better. I have duals for myself and on my loaner setup because I want people to pick up and play as easily as possible. Monos ARE fine, but it's a skill-floor/skill-ceiling thing. Monos are harder to pick up and use well, but you can become as skilled or nearly as skilled as with duals with a lot of practice.
>>
>>61439882
truly a man of the people
What are your two setups? If i need to make a 'buddy' setup I just pull a PVS-14 of my panobridge, throw it on bump #2 with the fake G24...and hope they have a red dot for passive
>>
>>61440889
My primary is pair of L3 Tantos on a NVB-58 bridge which will soon be replaced by either the NV+ APB, or the panned Daisho. My loaner is a set of Elbit 1431 MkIIs. That reminds me, I'll likely retain at least one extra M6 for myself so I have a full and complete loaner setup. Just provide the gun.
>>
>>61439665
Duals are definitely better than monos but it's like, they're 20% better for double the cost if not more.

So yeah I think for the majority of end-users a PVS14 IS completely fine. I think if you can afford to drop the money on duals you won't necessarily regret doing it, but it's not like you're head-and-shoulders above somebody with a mono.

And yeah I agree with the anon above saying that if you're trying to ball on a budget, cheap duals are a waste.
>>
File: IMG_20220930_214814206.jpg (1.23 MB, 4608x2592)
1.23 MB
1.23 MB JPG
>>61439261
>absolutely no outside lighting context
this comparison is retarded, the tube images are brighter than my suburban neighborhood. could probably navigate that area with mk.1 eyeballs.
>>
>>61438451
unironically being on discord, theres a huge EU based discord group. and well luck is also in play

pic rel, my two shitposting binos
>>
>>61443482
can you post the link to that eu nvg discord? I used to be in there till I lost my old account a while back
>>
>>61439665
I'd rather have a mono and use the saved money elsewhere.
>>
>>61443482
Did they fell off a truck?
Also, isnt this a good way to being scammed?
>>
FDA got back regarding my inquiry about laser testing. There are a lot of different links and each of those links contains a lot of information.
I don't want to read through it but I can either fwd the email to laser bro or if any of you guys, including Laser Speed, want the info you can just email the FDA or more specifically,

>Please contact RadHealth@fda.hhs.gov for assistance with your questions about laser testing and vertical cavity surface emitting laser (laser diodes) products.
>>
https://youtu.be/9rqzt9ENUvU
>>
>>61445316
i've sold and bought several big ticket items, so far no one got scammed, theres a pretty big thing on trust where people are encouraged to leave feedback.

the scammers are usually on facebook.

>did they fell off a truck
no comment but i'm glad about the lack of maintenance on helicopters
>>
File: IMG_20240222_145615471.jpg (1.04 MB, 1985x2206)
1.04 MB
1.04 MB JPG
speaking of trucks, this litle drivers aid is cute but otherwise pretty shit.

specially crafted for people with fetal alcohol syndrome, their non adjustable IPD will ensure you see exactly jack. the bottle.
>>
>>61447284
Anonymous person to person sales always make me suspicious

What type are those two NVGs you have? Right one looks funky
>>
>>61443482
I kinda like weird Russia nods, got a pvs14 thing from them which I thought was gen 2 but its actually just a shitty 30 year old omni iv
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BxDiK6Oj778
Ass fags I know you lurk here and you read my posts.
>>
>>61448478
why is he so obsessed with the tp9
>>
File: IMG-20240216-WA0011.jpg (139 KB, 1500x2000)
139 KB
139 KB JPG
>>61448181
its trust based but i get the paranoia, its alot of money. but the vouching system has been pretty good.

left one is a ONV-1 it's a fixed front lense anvis clone with SHD-3 photonis gen 2 tubes, precursor to the XD-4.
its eye relief is abysmal and lense quality is dubious at best, but its cheap.

right one is the upgraded NVG-1 comes with its own epm58G-01-1A something like that, its gen 3, lenses are alot better, still fixed front lense though. its power supply is also crap and the right tube will need alot of blackbox time to start performing upto spec.
unless you turn it on everyday for a minute or two.. exposed cables and an honest to god piece of wood.

both essentially russias reply to the anvis. but more shit
>>
>>61448205
you mean the mnv-K?
i think those are copied D128's but don't hold me on that.
Russian nods are the worlds most expensive unboxing presents, you never know what tube you got cooking up in there.

but as I forgot to mention in >>61448876
The ancient SHD-3 perform only slightly worse comparee to the more modern russian EPM gen 3 tubes, even in low lux enviroments .. so take from that what you will. (could be because the NVG-1 has actual aviation spec coatings on its lenses. whereas the ONV-1 lacks any)
>>
Page 10? Not so fast, fucko.
>>
>>61448533
Jews control the media but turks control the sneedia
>>
>>61448876
That sounds not like something i want to spend 2k on
Id rather spend 4k for a chinesium NVG than for 2 russian eye cancer sources
>>
>>61451920
i got them for cheaper then that, and all in all they do function fine, you get binos for cheap and they suffice. but for a cool 1-2K more you can get a J31
>>
>>61452134
J31 is cope
>>
>>61452396
Why specifically?
Except ofc because its cheaper than yours
>>
>>61453317
Horrible proprietary chink glass. Even worse than fb
>>
>>61443482
Lol that discord is painful. Occasional good deals, filled to the brim with skeezy wanna be businessmen
>>
>>61453836
And what exactly is horrible about the glas?
>>
>>61456123
you ever looked through a chinese scope and then compared it to a leupold ?
>>
/nvg/, it hurts.
>>
>>61458253
What happened, bro?
>>
>>61458356
Sore shoulders from a good night shoot. Also just keeping thread alive.
>>
>>61424339
https://shop.opticsplanet.com/trybe-optics-gen2-and-gen3-pvs-14-night-vision-monocular.html?_iv_code=TRO-NVM-TRDPVS14-TRYBEPVS14G-G2-DEMO&gclsrc=aw.ds&gad_source=1

Im a NV retard
Is this a good enough set up?
>>
>>61458508
buy from an actual night vision distributor
>>
>>61458508
Get a used pvs14 off reddit unironically
>>
>>61458508
Go for the green phos tube as that price is about how much used ones go for on eBay.
>>
>>61424686
The irony is that the FDA doesn't even bother with Chinese visible wavelength lasers on Amazon. You can buy "eye safe" lasers that burn through paper and pop balloons.
>>
>>61429011
>usm will only buy us thin/unfilmed gen 3
>usm basically is the nv market, civies get hand me downs
>"omg tax chinese nods before they destroy the market"
Really?
>>
>>61457616
Worse, i compared it against an S&B
It was worse
But still usable
And the distortion you get ehen using a 10x is not exactly the same as when you have it in 1x NVGs right?
>>
>>61459571
Go ahead and do it, lol
China has such an excellent history in high quality night vision optics
I for one, will not ignore people who received demo units, have no financial interest in moving units, and reported issues with the glass
>>
File: 1704389573571974.png (824 KB, 1080x846)
824 KB
824 KB PNG
>>61460766
hes probably a drop shipper or dealer, because hes so adamant about buying something he was seeking advice for something he has no clue about. Its funny all these sellers of nightvision equipment say theres very little margin on NV sales but there have been so many new stores that have popped up over the last few years.
>>
So I got to test out dual tubes last night over my mono. Some of my thoughts, all my shooting was done passively as I did not have enough time to shoot with my LAM.
>that extra eye being able to see is nice
>navigation was much easier than with a mono
>I felt the weight on my jaw immediately
>adapted very quickly and started ringing steel
The unit I was borrowing for a short amount of time was over 10,000 dollars. Hard to believe such a small little thing can be the price of a car. If I can get good duals for 8,000ish I absolutely would as being able to see out of both eyes was nice. I'll continue to run my mono though. Also that one anon's guide to DIYing your own switch worked out just fine and has lasted longer than the laserspeed switch lol.
>>
>>61460766
>>61460919
Getting fucked over is exactly what i want to avoid
I have seen servals reviews which were not bad
Considering the chinese can and do produce many modern technical devices for big companies i know they can produce decent enough quality if they want to
On the other hand at least 90% of them are corrupt scamming assholes hence i was looking for an unbiased opinion from someone who has actually tested that thing and has no incentive to shill on a Mongolian throat singing forum
>>
Have a budget of about 3.5k. That's ideally where I want to land for a mono excluding peripherals, etc. What would be the best tube for my budget? It will be used in suburban setting with weekend outings to area where there's not a whole lot of ambient light. Should I be looking at mid-range unfilmed wp tubes, or am I more in photonis/gp territory?
>>
>>61461789
Elbit white phos PVS-14 should be in your budget if you shop around.
>>
>>61461817
Yeah, looks like steele has a thin-filmed option. Not sure about others.
>>
>>61461857
Custom night vision shop has some too.
https://www.customnightvision.com/product/pvs-14-with-elbit-white-phosphor-tube/
>>
>>61461925
Very nice - actually might roll with them then. I like how the specs are readily listed.
>>
pvs5 with photonis xd4 tubes, also includes opscore carbon in aor1 (dont personally care but it's worth more money) and anvis mount included

3200 euros

is it a decent deal? given the carbon itself costs 900 euros, I know in the us you can get gen3 wp pvs14 for that price but here in europe the nvg market is much more constricted.
I don't know much about the housing, from what I've seen it an old joke they used before pvs7 and its heavy, and the xd4 tubes seem like a middle tier gen 2 tubes
they actually look like anvis 9, but the guy selling calls them pvs5
thing I could do even, but I have to run the numbers on it, is to then sell the housing and one tube, and assemble a pvs14

I'm probably about to do something retarded but it seems like a great deal honestly, it stings spending so much but I've been wanting them for a long time and for decent tubed duals it's not a bad deal, at worst I could resell them in the future and make back all the money.
ofc I'll try to bring the price down a bit.
he offers a 300 euro discount without the helmet but I value it more than 300 for resale value, especially considering that i would need an helmet anyway, plus a shroud, so it's not a real saving after I buy those anyway later.

i currently have 10k saved, plus 1.4k of stuff I'm selling, and another 5k I shall receive in the coming months.
so it's a non irrelevant amount, but still not crazy.
>>
File: okckd9.jpg (348 KB, 640x520)
348 KB
348 KB JPG
>>61462187
>carbon itself costs 900 euros
What? They're $300 USD and for used that's a ripoff unless it comes with earpro, get the binos
>>
>>61462213
yeah i remebered wrongly, anyway in europe they cost 500, and this one is aor1 so its worth more on the secondary market bc muh sealzzz aor1 etc, i saw them for sale for 400/500 used, he offers 300 less if i buy it without, but if i take it with it i can then resell it for more than 300 and pay less overall
>>
>>61462187
anyone can identify the housing?
bc its def not a pvs5 but idk what it is
>>
File: pvs5.jpg (210 KB, 1080x720)
210 KB
210 KB JPG
>>61462287
bruh its actually a pvs5 but its been removed from the outer case and mounted on this other thing, can tell from the 4 screws on the front
>>
>>61462307
the other option im considering is a carson pvs14 with omni 7 tubes + j arm and mount for 2.4k, its not brand new as some paint has worn off but its still a gen3 thin filmed tube compared to a gen2, and pvs14 keep their value better, idk how many hours it has tho
>>
File: pp14.jpg (506 KB, 4032x3024)
506 KB
506 KB JPG
>>61462428
is there any way to verify its actually carson lenses + housing and omni 7 toobs?
its got no stickers on it, but theres a number etched on the plastic that im guessing is the sn so maybe i can look that up
>>
YNGMI.

None of you.
>>
>>61461787
You should always wait for the 2nd-3rd iteration of chink products. Don't beta test for them. Also, your directly funding PLA
>FL-5
>Jerry FB
etc
>>
File: CHONK.jpg (1.84 MB, 3456x4176)
1.84 MB
1.84 MB JPG
>>61462554
I've already made it
>>
>>61462554
what is "making it"
>>
>>61462592
What about me? All I got is a mum14 rn
>>
What's the consensus on the nightline NL914C power pack? I keep seeing things like it draws off the battery even when off.
>>
>>61447284
just use paypal business
>>
>>61461789
I'm about to help a buddy sell his mono setup so he can upgrade to duals and ballistic. If interested, I can post details. It'd be right around your price range for everything.
>>
>>61463897
Would be interested. I'll shoot you an email.
>>
File: APLSG01.jpg (1.05 MB, 2701x2112)
1.05 MB
1.05 MB JPG
>>61463266
Works great, can't attest to any power drain bc I take my batteries out. With that said, I have literally used the same AA batteries in my two tubes for the better part of a year so it can't be that bad.

Are the weight savings noticeable? No
Have I ever found the *need* to use CR123s in it? No
I justify it as cheap insurance against a knob breaking off, and it definitely seems little better designed in that regard, less snag/snap hazards.
>>
>>61464136
How breakable are the knobs to begin with? Getting into the wonderful world of tube add-ons and this one seems to be worth the extra $$$. I am interested in the battery drain thing. Doesn't seem all that likely, but I do plan on using this on the daily. Not that it's that hard to add/remove batteries at that
>>
>>61464226
They're pretty tough. Watch the dirty civ PVS torture test. But a buddy had his break off, so it does happen
>>
why is light noise discipline such a foreign concept to most people?
>>
>>61467387
What kind of noises does your light make
>>
LS M6 & FP Raid Xe comparison
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NLQtIyScSs8
The flood mode is so cool. I hope whenever LS makes another laser they include a flood feature.
>>
>>61467565
sound travels further at night. Teamates smoking and joking waving lights around and talking at normal volume when you're trying to push a flank. Just seems like common sense to not broadcast your location during fof training
>>
>>61467853
Oh I thought you were talking about a noise that a WML makes.
I think anyone who isn't a complete retard would be aware that smoking cigarettes with a big burning red lit head and talking are not allowed. That's why hand signs exist
>>
File: file.png (654 KB, 869x695)
654 KB
654 KB PNG
So I have some salomon hiking boots and I learned that they are very bright under nods. All those triangles "glow".
>>
File: thats nuts.jpg (190 KB, 688x662)
190 KB
190 KB JPG
>>61424339
In4 /diy/
>>
File: Rusty.jpg (73 KB, 1440x1440)
73 KB
73 KB JPG
>>61468275
I got a free pair of nikes and painted them green
>>
>>61468822
I am pondering if I should do something similar. Without hopefully ruining mine.
>>
>>61468910
I don't care about putting wear on my shoes because I'm not black or mexican but if you do go to a thrift store, get some used sneakers and paint them green
>>
>>61468807
that's nuts
>>
>>61467825
Laser speed is chink airsoft tier junk
>>
how much should I pay for a fp peq-15? should I even buy one? i am dumb no nods but soon that changes
>>
>>61472412
if you want a beat to shit completely fucked up unit that may or may not work with no warranty and no way to repair it except yourself or some random guy online then sure.
>>
Anybody else here keep their nods in faraday bags just in case of an emp hitting?
>>
File: 1447615198570.gif (1.75 MB, 300x290)
1.75 MB
1.75 MB GIF
>>61473871
I mean you can do whatever you want but that's not how EMPs work, anon...
>>
File: file.png (228 KB, 593x513)
228 KB
228 KB PNG
Bootleg light setup on my rifle is very unwieldy at the moment so I'm thinking of trying to get a bootleg scout mount. Otherwise I may just take it off. /nvg/'s thoughts?
>>
File: IMG_20240423_095049_MP.jpg (1.19 MB, 3600x2700)
1.19 MB
1.19 MB JPG
>>61473871
I keep mine in a faraday defense NX3 with a Crye Nightcap as padding in a Spiritus Medium GP.

>>61474023
My radio guy gets heated about this, and I get it - only shit really affected by EMPs is larger electronics connected to the grid. My thing is, maybe there's a 0.001% chance of Red Dawn where the aggressor (ie China) actually uses an EMP capable of frying smaller electronics, but in that 0.001% chance I'm going to want every single tool that might help me survive
>comms
>NODs
>spare optic/LAM/WML

Spending $20 on a faraday bag is cheap insurance and a cheap way to hedge your bet on becoming king of the Stone Age 2.0
>>
>>61468275
Cover them in mud and they should be fine.
>>
>>61475615
The mud was just as bright :(
>>
>>61475636
That's okay, if the dirt glows under IR then you'd stand out more if you didn't glow.
>>
File: 1696244517539412.gif (3.18 MB, 640x272)
3.18 MB
3.18 MB GIF
>>61475640
actual wisdom
>>
>>61475640
Or you can be mistaken for a bush.
>>
>>61475597
If you know it's a dumb move why do it?
>>
>>61475597
>My thing is, maybe there's a 0.001% chance of Red Dawn where the aggressor (ie China) actually uses an EMP capable of frying smaller electronics
There isn't, EMPs don't do that.
>>
>>61475938
>>61476178
>expecting me to defend/normalize faraday bags and potentially lose my tactical advantage post-CME/EMP
only non-faradayfags would be this stupid
>>
>>61476626
emps aren't esds even computer components are tough to fry.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nXkgbmr3dRA&t=26s&pp=ygUeZWxlY3Ryb2Jvb20gc3RhdGljIGVsZWN0cmljaXR5
>>
>>61462582
Going to fund them now just to piss you off
>>
got a guy selling Carson pvs14 with omni 7 gp tubes, it's visibly used as some paint went away.
idk the hours, and being a Gov contract it has no spec sheet.
it includes j arm and norotos rhino.

2400€, it's a decent price, if I could bring it down a bit still would be even better.

but is there any way I can verify that's an actual Carson housing and lenses and an actual omni 7 tube?

it's got no stickers or anything, looking through the lenses with a light (with the unit turned off) doesnt show any markings of the tube.
the only thing is a supposed serial number etched on the plastic.

I'm in the market for my first nvgs, and I'm in Europe, so gen3 is rarer and more expensive, but I want gen3 pvs14, they seem the best performance and value balance, especially Carson with omni tubes, theres some with WP tubes but they go for 5/6k which is too much for me.

should I wait for better deals?
>>
File: 20240423_211126.jpg (3.03 MB, 4624x2084)
3.03 MB
3.03 MB JPG
What is the purpose of this photoresistor looking thing in my pvs-7?
It's a wp gen 2 also.
>>
File: 20240423_211047.jpg (614 KB, 2064x1127)
614 KB
614 KB JPG
>>61478924
Shit wrong pic
>>
Anyone has experience with sotac perst4? It’s not going to be my go to setup just want to throw a perst on an ak
>>
>>61478939
i think it's the auto-gain sensor or Automatic Brightness Control
>>
>>61478972
I want to sell my real perst 4
>>
>>61478995
>auto-gain sensor
Aren't those built in the tube?
>>
>>61479198
high-light cut-off or auto shutoff feature perhaps
https://www.nivisys.com/en/uploads/PVS-7_Manual_ENG.pdf
>pg.22
>>
File: CfPsAVDFyh6mp4.webm (1.06 MB, 720x406)
1.06 MB
1.06 MB WEBM
>>61477553
Its pretty weird that he doesnt mention Holosun at all. When you can find plenty of pictures and videos of actual PLA soldiers equipped with Holosun gear that sell at much more higher quantities. hhhhmmm
>>
File: 1686536507785760.png (283 KB, 1080x664)
283 KB
283 KB PNG
>>61475336
What is your current light setup? I only ask because light mounts are relatively cheap compared to everything else and I usually find some of the tolerances a bit off on the china clone gear. Ive bought a few mounts where the mlok attachment was really loose when you tighten them down. Also the screws dont hold up very well to repeated attachments and removals.
>>
Making and testing a Gen0 V1PM toobie device atm, dirt cheap way to NVGs if you don't care about your sanity, weight and needing to use IR light.
It's gonna be more of a Cyclops than a normal monocular
>>
File: file.png (353 KB, 504x505)
353 KB
353 KB PNG
>>61481661
Using this knockoff. I would want to try to bring the light in closer to the handguard. I'll get a picture of it when I get an opportunity to better explain. The light is just awkwardly out there right now.
>>
File: file.png (66 KB, 276x325)
66 KB
66 KB PNG
>>61483191
For comparison I am trying to find something like this (I believe this allows you to bring the light in further or closer)- I may just need to buy a new light.
>>
>>61483243
You’ll have to use something like this swivel mount if you are going to be using the older mounting points of typical scout wml bodies https://monstrumtactical.com/adjustable-scout-light-mount-with-pivoting-mount-plate-compatible-with-surefire-m300-m600-series-streamlight-protac-series/

I have the m6400df pro wml and it does allow the light to be as close as possible to the handguard and for my case it allows me to swivel/tuck in as close as possible to my MAWL.
>>
File: raifu.png (775 KB, 495x1011)
775 KB
775 KB PNG
>>61483728
Oh! That might be exactly what I need, thanks for providing that link. Pic related. how far out the light currently sits.
>>
File: 2Q==.jpg (5 KB, 275x183)
5 KB
5 KB JPG
>>61483243
The Bobro mount may help you.
>>
File: Bobro.png (168 KB, 593x407)
168 KB
168 KB PNG
>>61483841
Just checked them out, more expensive than my knockoff light lol. This does look like it would meet the needs, but I think that monstrum mount above would be better. Only 45% of the cost of my light!
>>
>>61479036
I actually had a real perst 4 for a while, I didn’t like it getting cooked on the ultimak rail when getting it warrantied is out of question
>>
>>61481994
No
>>
>>61484616
?
>>
It's so fucking close, boys, I can feel it.
>>
>>61487986
it sucks that the lens flip cap is so jank and also not a diffuser but it is what it is
>>
>>61487986
Honestly super jank looking but I’m going to paint it and will still buy one lol
>>
>>61488032
Just put it in their ear to consider that. Hopefully that change is small enough that it doesn't cost me tens of thousands of dollars.
>>
>>61488056
a man of the people
>>
>>61487986
Looking jank as hell. I can't wait.
>>
if i hadn't put together the last 4 guns i bought i could have bough l3 duals and a raid xe. why did i do it.
>>
>>61488088
low impulse
>>
>>61488088
That's my same logic with the Giselle rail I'm about to buy.
>>
>>61487986
Looks great IMO , don’t understand why the word jank is being thrown around
>>
>>61487986
Someone could 3d print a solution for a defuser. I want a low power aim/high power illuminator setting.

I looks purely utilitarian. I like it.
>>
I'm thinking about buying a Jerry YM-2 and bridging it with my PVS-14. Has anyone tried this?
>>
>>61488799
Are there 3D printed diffusers now? I would like to see an example for reference.
>>
File: s-l1600.jpg (537 KB, 1600x1200)
537 KB
537 KB JPG
>>61490161
Did some digging myself now that I'm at a proper computer and found this.
>>
>>61487986
looks cool, ill wait for some better pix. posters asking for diffuser probably wont work since all the lasers are together. diffuser is a bit of a meme anyways since the LS's get pretty wide. like almost NGAL wide.
>>
>>61490941
Diffuser makes it wide up close correct?
>>
>>61491002
Makes it kind of like a floody flashlight. It's nice for illumination inside structures.
>>
Anyone know what brand made these head harness/mounts for the US military?
>>
>>61491166
It looks like there is not one single manufacture for them. You can search around with the NSN or MPN to see who bid for this contract.
Venture surplus list that in their description for the product listing: https://www.venturesurplus.com/products/army-night-vision-nvg-skull-crusher-headset-assembly/
Mod armory list "ITT" as a manufacture that made this skull crusher which makes sense when they did exist they made NVDs: https://www.modarmory.com/product/itt-head-mount-assembly-usgi-milspec-pvs-14-pvs-7/
>>
>>61487986
>>61488056
May I suggest that when you test the power levels of the lasers that you put them up against some kind of photonic barrier.
At the night shoots we do we will sometimes incorporate some lights on a stand and point them towards us.
It could be useful to see how the different lasers/illuminators do with punching through and if there's any noticeable difference amongst any of them.
>>
File: IMG_0059.jpg (589 KB, 2048x1536)
589 KB
589 KB JPG
>>61488088
Damn bro you fucked up.
>>
>>61491998
>You can search around with the NSN or MPN to see who bid for this contract.
Good idea.
Thank for the info.
>>
>>61488088
sell them and then debtmax. debtmaxxing forces you to not buy anything else which stops the gay impulse to buy shitty guns
>>
>>61492650
Honestly no LAM does well against this. I've shot competitions that incorporated that and the move was to take a white light penalty to engage targets. I can try to mock something up, but photonic barriers fuck over every LAM.
>>
>>61481609
I was specifically mentioning products that are pepperoni dog farts in their first 1-2 iterations.
Do you think it's true Holosun bumped QC/glass quality after working with sig on the romeo/juliet? I don't normally like to ascribe positive aspects to siggers, but their optics division seems to be doing the things.
>>
>>61492884
i am buying an m6 and helmet setup so that i am forced to save for tubes
>>
File: jive32nb3z371.png (306 KB, 547x730)
306 KB
306 KB PNG
>>61493223
good.

>223 get
>>
File: .jpg (1.26 MB, 2485x2816)
1.26 MB
1.26 MB JPG
>>61492700
>>61493248
the handful of parts leftover in a box to new gun pipeline is too real and got me
>>
>>61493273
yikes. those are very memey guns. if i was to go to war id rip the acog off of 3 and put it on 4.
>>
>>61468275
Should’ve bought the forces version if you wanted to larp
>>
>>61493314
if i had to id put my elcan on 4. i have an lmt specwar with an 8t that is my "serious" gun i'm planning to set up for night time.
>>
>>61493273
Did you really get the KAK down vent BCG?
Do you love unreliability? Do you hate your ammo and mags that much?
>>
File: proton.jpg (65 KB, 800x800)
65 KB
65 KB JPG
Anyone have any opinions on thermal clip-ons? I've got a bolt with a good normal scope I'm happy with, and I don't want to swap around scopes on it or move to a dedicated one until there are fusion options, assuming that ever happens. But at the same time it'd be useful to be able to occasionally use it to shoot some vermin that only come out at night like skunks. Clip-ons seem to offer a way to use what you've got and add some basic thermal with decent resolution for the price. Yay/nay?
>>
>>61493452
yeah i wanted to see how it works with a sionics SD barrel. i have a sionics bcg that was in it if i end up not liking the kak.
>>
>>61492885
The FL5 does alright but yeah we generally would switch to white light as well depending on how bad it was.
What I’m getting at is just having a way to make sure the thing works in some kind of adverse conditions since that’s more or less what having the higher power is for.
>>
>>61492885
Would it be worth adding a 5-10 watt secondary laser for those situations?
>>
>>61494219
What? Why? In addition to the vis laser?
>>
>>61494219
Dude, do you guys even understand what you are even asking for?
God damn man.
>>
File: MAWL_ER.png (879 KB, 1108x746)
879 KB
879 KB PNG
>>61494307
you're supposed to have a phased plasma rifle in the 40w range. For the 1% chance of darkies standing behind streetlights
>>
>>61493326
I just bought some hiking boots, especially in wide. I wasn't going for larp. Plus forces don't come in wide last i checked but I could be wrong.
>>
>>61494347
>mawler
I hate this.
>>
>>61494219
>5-10 watt secondary laser
I too desire a LAM capable of lighting whatever I'm shooting at on fire.
>>
>>61496412
The bullets are the secondary functionality of the rifle.
>>
>>61494241
Say instead of using a 200mW laser diode you used a 5500mW laser diode and then used a PWM controller to restrict the power to 200mW, it would function the same under normal circumstances but if light barriers are getting to be a problem you could push a button and trigger the 5500mW output to punch through them.
>>
>>61499604
Sounds like you should go build that
>>
>>61499604
You could also just switch to a flashlight and a red dot.
Anyway, the original reason I mentioned it is to see if there's a significant difference between the 3 different high power output combinations.
One of the benefits of high output is the performance in adverse conditions. By being able to perform well in environments with visual barriers you give up on performing well without them so I just wanted to ensure that by toning down the high end so it performs better in ideal conditions it doesn't make it obsolete in adverse conditions and we don't lose one of most relevant use cases for a civilian to have a high output LAM.
>>
>>61499604
at some point you just shouldnt be using night vision, if your target is within that much light just shoot them with your day optic. thats why most fp lasers dont go much past 100mW its diminishing returns.
>>
>>61494219
>>61499932
>Would it be worth adding a 5-10 watt secondary laser for those situations?
Jesus. No.

>>61499960
Also beyond 100mW (ie, way before the point talked about there holy fuck) even the reflections of the laser can potentially cause permanent eye damage. And if it's leaking anything in the near-IR (quite possible with a lot of diode laser designs) then it can blind you without you ever even knowing it until well after, because it won't trigger the blink reflect and retina don't have pain sensors.
>>
>>61500091
I don't know why you're quoting me I never said to add a secondary laser.
>>
>>61499604
Holy shit yall need to calm tf down
>>
Any anons who may be throwing riflespeed on their rifles for night time use; beware of Brownells measurements. They measure the overall length and not the grip length so you may end up buying something too short.
>>
>>61500384
you mean the riflespeed adjustable gas block?
>>
>>61500384
>buying riflespeed
>not using the calculator on their website
NGMI
>>
File: IMG_3396.jpg (1.61 MB, 4032x3024)
1.61 MB
1.61 MB JPG
>>61493273
Hey you do you but dude you ended up with 4 meme tier builds instead of NODs. Luckily if you can afford those I’m sure you can save enough for NODs still
>>
File: file.png (7 KB, 333x90)
7 KB
7 KB PNG
>>61501224
I must defend myself, who the fuck measures the whole thing from the gas block itself? on Riflespeed's website they list the length of the control knob only.
>>
>>61501255
https://www.riflespeed.com/Choose-your-Gas-Control_ep_41.html
>>
>>61501242
yeah i tend to end up snowballing when i start stuff, originally those two ars were just going to be uppers but my autism got the better of me and i had to finish the lowers. the mp5 and ar9 replaced 2 scorpions that were youthful indiscretions (and also an excuse to put woodland marpat on something). thats why next i'm buying a full helmet setup and lam so i force myself to buy the tubes.
>>
>>61501260
I think you have more problems than I do. Riflespeed tells me the length of the control knob. This is not a problem. Brownells measures the length of the control knob + gas block. THIS is the problem.
>>
File: Riflespeed.jpg (730 KB, 1639x1229)
730 KB
730 KB JPG
>>61501255
Unironically follow the calculator. Obey it
>>
>>61501323
i just wouldn't have bought from brownells to begin with
>>
>>61501333
>>61501337
Forgive me for trying to warn anyone about brownells. I see where my mistake was.
>>
>>61501345
adjustable gas blocks are a meme on ar's
>>
>>61501364
Tell that to Hop. Fixed his shitty sfar with one of these.
>>
>>61501370
>Fixed
maybe just don't buy shit in the first place?
>>
ss m-ax with a vampire head or a princeton tec charge pro?
>>
File: imagejpeg_0.jpg (185 KB, 1024x683)
185 KB
185 KB JPG
>>61501302
Do it. You wont regret it. You’ll probably never shoot those meme builds more than 2x a year where NODs are an all year long fun kinda thing. I actually prefer driving under. NODs over shooting under NODs. I’d love to do some Force on force under NODs but I’ve been so busy I can’t get the needed classes completed first
>>
File: IMG_4078.jpg (1.78 MB, 4032x3024)
1.78 MB
1.78 MB JPG
>>61501333
I’ve been seeing these pop up everywhere. How well do they work?
>>
Is it even worth upgrading from Impact Sports for helmet use if I don't have plans for comms yet or in the near future
>>
>>61501619
I personally did not like my impact sports it didn't really muffled the noise much and the microphone was not that good.
If you can find a used comtac 3 or some sordins I would recommend that, its not too expensive and its to protect your hearing so I would think its good to spend a little extra to get as much protection as you can.
>>
>>61501642
Should I look at 4s or 5s? What's the difference?
>>
>>61501619
>for helmet use
Rangeguards or Tac100s work natively with 3m arc adapters while Leights need special stuff so IMO those are better for a helmet than Leights, but other than that no, if you don't have/want integrated comms then comtacs/sordins/liberators/amps are a waste of money.
>>
>>61501767
I have Otto Noizebarrier arms so I need a set that works with a rac link or other adapter system, do rangeguards work with comtac adapters?
>>
>>61501799
>do rangeguards work with comtac adapters
Yep. Rangeguards and tac100s both work with comtac adapters and comtac ear cups.
>>
>>61501742
Comtac 3s are the old US mil issued one and its just a basic electronic earpro. I would recommend this model as a lot of people own them to be clone correct and are just a basic electronic earpro that works really well.
Comtac 4s are something else entirely and is to be used for like swat and other leo application as it uses an in-ear system.
Comtac 5s, 6s and 7s are the newer ones that replace the 3s, 6s or 7s became the new standard issue for the US military. 5s improves the mic and gives some simple electronic control options. 6s and 7s integrates new features that are on par with ops-core AMPs.
>>
>>61501846
Do you happen to know which comtac adapters I should choose from the rac link kits? They have options for 2s, 3s and 5s, and 6s.
>>
>>
>>61501364
Youre a meme
>>
>>61504320
Someone nuke the east coast so we can get a crater + desert where we can shoot.
>>
File: hoplite.png (859 KB, 727x1412)
859 KB
859 KB PNG
>>
File: hoplite2.png (323 KB, 740x435)
323 KB
323 KB PNG
>>61505961
>>
Welp, I'm an idiot. I bitched about how I couldn't use the rovyvon gl4 pro on my mk18 cuz it didn't fit the rails but I guess it just wasn't designed for it. Fits my new p320's rail perfectly. Still, wish they let us adjust the clamp...
>>
>>61506578
Don't they have a bottom key for different types of rails like streamlight?
>>
>>61506596
Yeah but I meant I can't clamp down the qd lever. You can't adjust that part
>>
File: Based hoplite.jpg (1000 KB, 2966x3140)
1000 KB
1000 KB JPG
>>61505965
>>61505961
Hoplite is based but those probably have gen 2 performance
>>
>>61506612
I thought they made a rifle mounted version or something
Do those fit TLR1/X300 holsters or do I need to use that one weird surefire one?
>>
>>61487986
I know the preorders are going to be first come, first serve in about a week or two (is there an exact date?), but what payment methods will you be accepting? I want to make sure I have funds available so I can grab one of these before the reddit niggers do.
>>
>>61506614
not the same company
>>
>>61507023
You guys will get first dibs, I promise. I can take everything but PayPal.
>>
>>61487986
Laser speed is chink airsoft gear ffs
>>
>>61424339
Thermal soon
>>
File: 1714010506528184.png (1019 KB, 906x1421)
1019 KB
1019 KB PNG
>>61487986
hey I fixed the stretch
>>
>>61509608
>>61487986
This looks so much better just on initial impressions than the FL5.
The setting selector looks much easier to articulate.
I’m definitely interested to see how the finished product comes out.
>>
>>61509425
lasersneed is chink army gear
>>
>>61506614
I seriously doubt they're gen 2 equivalent. The sample pics are clearly under moonlight, probably full moon. Now try them under starlight, under starlight + clouds, and indoors.
>>
Having the battery cap in the front should also make it easier to access if it's on one of those goobers / irregular defense mounts
>>
>>61505961
Sensor is still dogshit. Pass
>>61506614
Heh somebody saved my pic
>>61424339
Somebody bake
>>
>>61511918
>>61506614
I have no idea. I just saw this and thought
>this is /nvg/ related, let me post and they'll do with it what they want
>>
File: 1714294180453134.jpg (2.33 MB, 4032x3024)
2.33 MB
2.33 MB JPG
You people actually shilled this trash.

Reminder if you want something good, you're not gonna get it poor

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.