[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/k/ - Weapons

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 4051395_1.jpg (138 KB, 1950x462)
138 KB
138 KB JPG
This is literally peak rifle. AR fags need not reply.
>>
Post yours
>>
nah
>>
File: HHRYLDLX375-2.jpg (90 KB, 1200x800)
90 KB
90 KB JPG
>>61441709
>bolt action
>only one barrel
Nah.
>>
>>61441709
>horrible iron sights
>faggy recoils pad for use by children and women (who can’t handle a couple hundred fullpowers without three inches of padding?)
>short stock for people in safe and civilian environments where they won’t ever drop their rifle or need to use it as a melee weapon
Are you a woman? Get a real rifle. M1917 Enfield ought to put some hair on your chest.
>>
File: 737.jpg (70 KB, 1800x494)
70 KB
70 KB JPG
>>61441756
Okay, but I made a few improvements . . .
>>
>>61441709
I'm sorry to say that, but your rifle, dear sir, is not classy enough.
>>
File: m40.jpg (16 KB, 850x191)
16 KB
16 KB JPG
>>61441709
Gentlemen, *this* is a Rifle.
>>
>>61441756
>fair enough
>nobody cares about your machoistic tendencies
>using a precision piece of craftsmanship as a cludgel
Neanderthal tier post anon.
>>
File: ElyfO_NU8AI1OC9.jpg (140 KB, 1238x1105)
140 KB
140 KB JPG
>>61441756
>faggy recoils pad

kill yourself
>>
>>61444220
>>61444187
He's right though, if you know how to handle a rifle or a gun, you don't need any soft buttpad.
>>
>>61441756
>.303 is a lot of recoil
do they castrate you as a baby or wait until just before puberty?
>>
>its so peak, i don't even have to own one

death to white-background google image users
>>
>>61444990
post the butt pad of your highest recoiling gun.
>>
>>61444990
most of the time the buttpad is simply to increase LoP
>>
File: war-relics-dot-eu.jpg (72 KB, 848x477)
72 KB
72 KB JPG
Objectively wrong
>>
>>61445125
there isn't a single the the mosin does better than other rifles of its era other than be cheap.
>>
>>61445099
I'd love to, and I'll do it some time later - got things to do and hunting gear to gather.
>>61445125
With all respect and love to Mosin, I save my money for Mauser 98 variant..
>>
>>61444990
Man I miss being a teenager spouting stupid crap like this.
With time you'll realize that trying to brag about how little comforts you need is retarded and doesn't make you more macho. It's like how if you have proper blood circulation due to being physically fit you don't NEED to wear gloves in the cold or have a fire when you go camping.
And while it's technically true, they're kind of nice to have.
Buttpads are also more often used to change lenght of pull rather than flatten the recoil impulse (Most ones I see at the range are hard plastic).
But do feel free to sleep on the floor, take cold showers, eat raw meat and buy all the manliness courses online you feel like
>>
>>61445186
I'm not bragging, I'm judging from my experience. When I hunt, I don't shoot that much and when I'm shooting clays (for fun rather than any competition) I make around 30 shots of 12 ga hunting load rather than sports load ( mainly because we've got a bucket of old shotgun ammo to burn). I use a double shotgun with bakelite buttpad (and it's a rather light shotgun) and I'm satisfied with the hardness. Yes it may leave bruises when I hold the gun wrong, but that's fine by me, I just don't see the problem. It's not as if I'm firing .375
>>
>>61445705
>I'm not bragging

if you aren't bragging then you're just scolding people for things that don't matter. most rifles come from the factory with pads like that so calling someone out for having one is really childish.

also this is 4chan so people who revel in how hard/uncomfortable they make mundane things are very common.
>>
>>61445099
>>
>>61445142
>I'll do it some time later
damn that's weird
>>61446154
and what caliber is it?
>>
>>61441709
This is the TRUTH
>>61445096
This board is filled to the brim with actual limp-wristed faggots.
>>
>>61445129
It rimlocks better than the rest of them.

Honestly, the only issue I've ever had with my garbage rod is that the bolt takes an inordinate amount of force to open. I've seen other people cycle theirs while looking down a scope, but I need to brace mine against something and pry on it after every shot. It's very accurate though, and it fires a cartridge that's still relatively common.
>>
>>61446206
>damn that's weird
People have life you know
>and what caliber is it?
12/70
>>
>>61445705
>I don't shoot that much

I suspect you don't. If you did, you'd know that heavy recoil can cause flinching (because, guess what, the gun smacking back into your shoulder triggers involuntary nervous responses that reduce muscle control) and while it doesn't matter so much for a shotgun, it matters for everything else. "I love getting shoulder bruises" is what retards say who are trying to sound tough online. I put a recoil pad on my old .30-30 lever action and my ability to control the weapon increased dramatically.
>>
>>61441709
>Mouser action
>Solid wood handle
>Remnant irons
>Side mount scope base
>Shit turrets
>Chromoly
Be for real anon.
>>
>>61445705
>>61444990
That's nice, post buttpads faggot
>>
>>61441709
A Mauser action is great, but guess what the Germans/Austrians also invented semi and full auto firearms that are now used the world over as well. The M1 carbine and its predecessor designs were all based on the Mannlicher type actions and bolts. Every modern and even historical bolt action is based upon the Mauser action. The AK (literally directly made by an imprisoned German man in russia) and AR (hybrid action based on two earlier types o actions that both came from even earlier German/Austrian actions) also descend from German/Austrian firearm innovation. The .308 winchester itself is a great great grandchild of 7mm Mauser directly (US army started designs of what became the .30-06 based on Spanish 7mm Mausers)
>>
>>61449498
>Every modern and even historical bolt action is based upon the Mauser action
>this is your brain on retardium
>>
>>61441709
full length military bolt action rifles are objectively superior than shitty hunting rifles
i've owned both hunting rifles and milsurp and in the end i sold all my hunting rifles to buy a milsurp bolt action, and everytime it was a much better investment
>>
>>61449646
every good modern and historical bolt action is based upon the Mauser action*
>>
>>61449727
Mauser simply stole design elements from other rifles. There is no true Mauser action.
>>
>>61449704
>full length military bolt action rifles are objectively superior than shitty hunting rifles
Sure they are superior to shitty hunting rifles but they aren't superior to good ones.
>>
>>61449646
>I like being historically incorrect because I don't like Germans
You couldn't be more wrong. Even the Mosin was a Mauser type action and mag.
>>
File: sny.png (441 KB, 773x892)
441 KB
441 KB PNG
peak lever action coming through
>>
>>61449796
wow so Mauser made the first bolt action?
>>
>>61449811
He made the first modern high power bolt action with a mag, yes. Back when the US was still using black powder single shots. And his designs took off from there, and were widely disseminated across the European continent and later the Americas. Similar to every other modern firearm design in the last 150 years with very few exceptions, they are all German or from German speaking countries. And the Mauser action was directly copied with only minor tweaks by every major European power, even their cartridges and modern powders were copied by the French, Russians, and British.
>>
>>61449836
dude, name 1 innovation that Mauser made, and no, you can't claim credit for copying other people's stuff.
>>
>>61449870
I already did retard. He built the first modern style high power bolt action with a mag. Earlier more archaic bolt actions with mags were Swiss German tube mag guns that the French and Germans proper also utilized or directly copied after the 1860s. The Mauser bolt was unique however and much stronger allowing for modern powders and high BC loads, and his earlier tube mags evolved into the modern style stacked mags in the 1870s and 1880s. The Mosin Nagant literally is a hybrid between a Mannlicher and a Mauser in its bolt and mag designs. And the Lebel was a French innovation from the Swiss German bolt guns.

And we are not even getting into the first SMG, the first modern semi-auto pistols with mags in military and civilian use, the first assault rifles, the first modern style medium MGs, the cartridge and powder dynamics and so on.
>>
>>61449917
>Mauser invented the tube mag
I told you that taking credit for other people's inventions didn't count.
>>
>>61449942
Just report the troll. No point further responding to it.
>>
>>61449942
Show me where I said he invented the tube mag retard. He invented the first modern high power stacked magazine bolt action rifle, whose bolt design has not changed in 150 years. The gestalt of his rifle's tech and innovation is what lead to literally every single modern bolt action in the world as you see them today.
>>
>>61449951
>tfw you get called out in the most basic way
you are a stupid, historically illiterate retard
>>
>>61449956
>invented the first modern high power stacked magazine bolt action rifle,
After Lee had done it several years earlier. Right about the time his older brother came back from working under Lee and Borchardt.
The Mauser family simply put prior design together in a different way. They were good salesmen but not especially skilled gunsmiths or innovators.
>>
>>61449956
so you are saying he didn't invent magazine fed bolt action rifles, didn't invent high power bolt actions, didn't invent bolt actions, and didn't invent vertical magazine rifles? whoa, I'm impressed. literally the only gun inventor in history.
>>
>>61449981
Lee's design was literally based on a Mauser design prototype he had been working with in the 1870s before Lee. And it was a detachable box mag, Mauser also tried internal stacked mags. Like I said you are historically illiterate probably because you specifically are nationalistic and don't like Germans. They are the original modern arms autists that put out bangers that never go away or overly complex memes that are still discussed hundreds of years later. We haven't even talked about Mannlicher and other yet either.
>>
>>61449990
He literally put the first stacked magazine on a modern high power bolt action system, both the first dethatched box mag and internal mag on the previously mentioned system. What's so hard about comprehending that. He had people copying him almost from the get go, about 3 years after he had already done it and moved on to something else that he thought the German military would like more.
>>
>>61450017
>Hey, these are some cool features other people came up with, I'll make a rifle that brings them all together!
>No, don't make rifles with all of those useful features! I invented copying those other people's inventions onto the same rifle!
>>
>>61450124
Ok retard. Lee copied Mauser first, Lee was the typical British jew that copied Mauser and patented the design so make money off of it. Again, don't research the first bolt actions with aany kind of mag, the already discussed Mauser detachable and internal box mag bolt actions in the mid 1870s (that Lee copied), modern semi-auto pistols, the first SMG in military use and also probably design, the first assault rifles, the first rotating bolt, the first gas stroke piston repeater rifles, the first high BC small arms rifle cartridge, etc. Literally all German speaking autists.
>>
>>61449778
This
>>
>>61449436
>>61446154
>>
>>61449917
>He built the first modern style high power bolt action with a mag
Yeah, because Lee Metford didn't exist, neither did Lebel or Mannlicher.
> his earlier tube mags
Which were designed by Kropatschek, not Mauser.
>>
>>61441709
its always the underaged posters who dont own any guns and who have never seen a gun in real life before who post these bait "i'm lonely please respond in my thread!!11!" posts
>>
>>61450149
>aany kind of mag
you mean the mags invented for lever actions?
>bolt actions
you mean the guns invented by someone else?
>>
>>61445705
>you're not a man if you use a thing that makes shooting more tolerable
>no i barely shoot much
retard fag
>>
>>61444122
I wish my flat cap had ear flaps
>>
File: 1476928331665.jpg (39 KB, 640x480)
39 KB
39 KB JPG
>>61447015
what's wrong with a mauser action?
>>
>>61454938
It was ripped off from the American Krag
>>
>>61454924
>>61446924
Learn to read fags, "don't shoot much while hunting" doesn't mean "don't shoot much in general". It's hunting, not fending off german infantry charge, you don't have to shoot much at all
>>
File: arisaka99.jpg (80 KB, 540x960)
80 KB
80 KB JPG
>>61441709
This is peak rifle you nigger faggot.
>>
>>61454950
>american
You ever look up where the names Krag–Jørgensen come from? You also ever look up the dating of Mauser actions, including what would become the G98?

>>61452814
You are just being an anti-historical retard at this point. Don't look up where gunpowder came into the west from if you want to argue over fundamentals. And believe it or not, the first rotating bolt action was also made by a German, Dreyse. Almost every single major innovation of the last 150-200 years of firearm innovation came from German speaking, or central Europe as a whole (whether it be the Czechs, Italians, or Germans or other Germanics).
>>
>>61452316
Mauser's prototype G71/84 had a stacked internal magazine before 1879 (as was previously mentioned), he also had a conceived the box mag in the same timeframe and ultimately settled on a tube mag for the 84, he then later brought back the stacked internal mag for the new round he made for the G88, which stayed in the same form to the present. Kropatschek is also an Austrian Germanicized Slav who spoke German as his first language. The German speaking culture region of central Europe was the pinnacle of firearms innovation for the entirety of the 1800s to 1980s (Glock and HK, first polymer frame production pistols).
>>
>>61455570
he's still a retard fudd who doe only the bare minimum and insists their superior
>>
>>61455927
>assemble bolt incorrectly
>taste the bolt
>>
>>61449981
>>61449990

Anon is correct though, he did. Mauser actions were the strongest in the early 1900s, which is a big reason professional African hunters used it with cartridges like the 9x62. Also 7x57 was put to very good use in military engagements and was a higher pressure and better range than the 8mm lebel and 30-40 krag used at the same time.
Though the split bridge design wasn't invented by the Mauser brothers, that was Dreyse. Drop mag and straight pulls were mannlicher designs.
After the Dreyse, Paul specifically got the first patent for a cock on open and firing pin design which drastically reduced lock time making the rifle far more accurate than the cock on close designs, the others primarily being the chassepot and lorenz used in contract. It was the first one, model 71. Then every iteration after than switched the cock on close or cock on open depending entirely on the contracts given to him, South America generally asked for some odd rifles, some with saddle rings, flat bottom bolts, or even in the white lol. Generally, Cock on close, two lug, turn bolt, internal mag, and controlled round feed were all successful Mauser designs. Schoenauer defiantly made the smoothest feeding magazine of all time and mannlicher adapted the split bridge to make the smoothest bolt action of all time, both being reserved for production rifles en mass up to 1959 when Styer couldn't economically make those actions feasible anymore. They're still around but when people get them, they usually never part with it. I have two, and it's taken me almost 10 years to find a 1959 MSGK in 7x64 Brenneke. It's probably the finest bolt action rifle ever made.
>>
>>61464241
>Cock on close, two lug, turn bolt, internal mag, and controlled round feed were all successful Mauser designs
All done by others before Mauser.
>>
File: IMG_1751-scaled.jpg (204 KB, 2560x1462)
204 KB
204 KB JPG
>>61458141
>Almost every single major innovation of the last 150-200 years of firearm innovation came from German speaking, or central Europe as a whole (whether it be the Czechs, Italians, or Germans or other Germanics).
>picrel
>>
>>61464253
Lets consider.
Both the chassepot and dreyse didn't have lugs. The Lebel had one. Technically, Mauser's designs were the first that automated the cocking action, with dual lugs to seal the chamber of high pressure cartridge, more than the 8mm lebel and m88. Internal mag was techincally Mannlichers first with the M1886 that won a contract and patent before anyone else. Still, could only handle semi smokeless. Also that rifle used the first claw type controlled round feed design. A few years later, Paul's Model 1889 was finished and could handle pure smokeless cartridges.

So technically, Mannlicher and Mauser. But Mauser perfected mannlicher's designs for production and high pressure smokeless cartridges. The idea of a turnbolt style action and accoutrements wasnt entirely the idea of the Mauser brothers but they perfected it to a point that there is no turn bolt action rifle created since that is not derivative of the original Mauser designs.
>>
>>61441786
Hey I've got one of those, pretty fun
>>
>>61454950
My friend, no lol.
>>
>>61441709
Wood furniture is 10/10 but I don't like bolt-action rifles.
>>
>>61464280
Yeah, German speaking origin. The only other country that innovated with groundbreaking inventions in firearms technology in period (that the british and americans also stole from) was France (namely Flobert, Minie, Delvigne, Thouvenin, Prélat, Samuel Johannes Pauli was born and raised in German speaking Switzerland). There are also a number of Czech innovators.

>>61464253
>>61464385
The Dreyse gun was the first rotating bolt action, it lead to various other designs on the continent, it was what we call a radiation event invention (from which many others explode thereafter). Mauser had been innovating multiple prototypes in the 1860s-1870s, up until the culmination of his works which was the G98 (which in part is based on his work on the G71, then G84, G88, G95 and some of Mannlichers and Kropatschek's work). To show you how much shit Mauser had going on he invented the higher pressure 7mm Mauser (officially released it, he was working on it for years earlier) less than 4 years after the official release of the G88, and he had prototype G71/84s with detachable box magazines, internal magazines, and G88 type chambers/bolts. He most definitely had a high pressure G88/98 prototypes before 1889 (as he already had G84 prototypes with different bolts and internal mags, and was working on 7mm Mauser for a while, ind you 7mm Mauser is still venerable today). The modern bolt action as you see it today, came from German speaking autists who started it (Dreyse), and who finished it (Mauser and Mannlicher).
>>
File: 1495671323800.gif (91 KB, 320x320)
91 KB
91 KB GIF
>>61441747
>12x give or take magnified optic
>to miss twice

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.