[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/k/ - Weapons

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 8500.jpg (47 KB, 1000x318)
47 KB
47 KB JPG
Havent got it yet but can I just slap a foregrip on the Ruger 8500 (picrel) as is or do I need to change the hand guard out or put a rail on the stock hand guard if possible or? Thanks in advance!
>>
>>61468604
>put a rail on the stock hand guard if possible
you can do this if you want though its going to suck
there are plenty of people making this with varied quality levels. for example this is just a railsection and what ever you put on it will be angled.
other rails are angled so its flat.
its still going to suck since the handguard its attached to will flex and rotate slightly which you may or may not find acceptable.
>>
>>61468648
Thank you for the reply. Can I just put another hand guard that has a rail on it?
>>
>>61468714
almost anything that drops in will have the same minor wiggle issue.
thats just how it is.
there are some exceptions that eliminate that play like kac ras/ris cause the military really cared about lasers holding zero.
if you really want it to be solid it has to be a freefloat.
>>
>>61468714
Yeah
>>
>>61468729
Hey nigger, he's asking to put a vfg on it
>>
File: IMG952463.jpg (3.59 MB, 4160x3120)
3.59 MB
3.59 MB JPG
Rail inserts are hit or miss. It really depends what you will put on it. A light would be fine but I would be hesitant to put a foregrip on there that would have much more force acting on it than a light.
>>
>>61468742
like i said he may or may not find that play acceptable.
some people find mossbergs unusable cause of the forend wiggle others are fine with it.
im just pointing it out to him.
>>
Fagpul handguards are like $30 maybe $40 at most.
>Inb4 fashion faggots cry waahhh ugly!
No. I think it looks good and if you disagree I will fuck you up the ass and make you kiss me on the cheek and thank me while doing it.
>>
>>61468759
>that would have more force acting on it than a light
Interesting hypothesis, care to share your calculations?
>>
>>61468814
forgrips act like levers and allow you to put more torque on the handguard.
light just sits there and you occasionally touch it to turn it on/off.
>>
File: IMG_0615.jpg (2.08 MB, 3072x1728)
2.08 MB
2.08 MB JPG
>>61468648
Came here to say this.
>>
>>61468834
Woah crazy
Surely you know enough about material science to demonstrate how pulling back on a vfg will overcome the shear strength of the polymer in the handguards?
>>
>>61468921
are you really going through all this effort and contrarianism to prove plastic handguards dont wobble or flex?
cause they do.
when op gets his gun in his hands he will notice it.
you just keep moving the goalposts. nobody said anything about the handguards shearing or breaking off.
>>
File: 1713791096184888.jpg (3.7 MB, 4032x3024)
3.7 MB
3.7 MB JPG
You can just directly attach MLOK accessories to stock handguards with minor modification to the accessory and a washer inside the handguard.
>>
>>61468940
Why else would you be hesitant to put a foregrip on the handguard?
>>
>>61469312
cause you know the thing you are mounting the forgrip to isn't stable
>>
>>61469318
Oh no, the vfg wobbles a little bit because the handguards completely rigid. Guess that means you can't hold the handguards bare handed any more either because they wobble, too

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.