[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/k/ - Weapons

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

The 358 missile is a surface to air loitering munition designed to kill other drones. I'll do my best to be accurate but here's a list of a few drones taken down (list of course Is not complete but ya know)
>MQ-9 Reaper drone (over Yemen and Iraq)
>Scan Eagles (over Yemen)
>Hermes 900 (over Lebanon)
>Hermes 450 (over Lebanon)
I can't confirm if other drones like Chinese ones were shot down over Yemen with them
>>
>>61471724
>sandniggers finally build their own infrared missile
amazing
>>
>>61471747
IR? more like a photo-contrast missile (NIR, visual), more limited but at least it can lock on those drones flying at +6km.
>>
>>61471747
It's not an infrared missile
It's legit just a drone
>>
>>61471747
It's a turbojet drone that is boosted to altitude using a rocket, and then can loiter for long periods of time denying airspace to advanced high-altitude drones and other targets, while costing a fraction of a conventional AD missile. So yeah, that is pretty impressive given that they had to build it under sanctions.

But I'm pretty sure you're a butthurt Israel shill who came to derail the thread early so facts are clearly not your interest. Imagine how fucked Israel would have been if a coalition of four countries didn't jump to their defense, and if they actually had to fight alone without Uncle Sam changing their diapers. Never thought I'd respect IRAN more than Israel but at least they aren't welfare queens. That's my tax money allowing your country to exist, and nothing else Schlomo. Don't ever forget that.
>>
>>61471747
Passive missile that you can carry in pickup, hide everywhere and that can reach Reaper altitude? Yeah that is impressive it's successful counter to high altitude "tank plinking" meta that started for West in Deserve Storm. For decades First World could bomb Third World from comfortable safety of altitude. Now Iran produced actually working counter that is indeed impressive. Russians pretending they are masters of SAMs BTFO once again.
>>
>>61473909
may we see this magic thirdie missile?
>>
>>61473930
Here
>>
>confirmed kills
May we see it?
>>
>>61473525
>turbojet
>costing a fraction of a conventional AD missile
Thirdie economical theory is truly something else.
>>
>>61473930
It isn't magic, just a surface-to-air cruise missile
>>
Christ
>>61469867
>>61472092
>>61463584
>>
File: IMG_1281.jpg (331 KB, 1556x1074)
331 KB
331 KB JPG
>>61473952
Well if they can build turbojets at all that’s something at least. Looks like they can in fact make a primitive turbojet but I don’t know if even that is going to cheaper than a rocket motor — maybe if you compare to to a high-end Western missile.
>>
File: hagd.jpg (186 KB, 1080x486)
186 KB
186 KB JPG
>>61473952
MIC boomers are screaming, coping and seething that you can now buy military grade engines in the RC hobby shop for pennies.
>>
>>61473970
>Looks like they can in fact make a primitive turbojet
Make?
>The main engine was a Titan AMT gas turbine by AMT Netherlands
>>
File: missilemanbook1.jpg (10 KB, 206x237)
10 KB
10 KB JPG
Apologize
>>
File: €10k.png (75 KB, 1102x323)
75 KB
75 KB PNG
>>61473970
pic rel the engine of that missile
Small centrifugal are hard to control because rotors (by far the hardest part to make) are mass produced in china for cars and trucks.

> rocket motor cheaper
Not for a smokeless missile with +20 km of range
>>
>>61473992
Oh, that’s neat I had no idea hobby engines were that far advanced.
>>
>>61471747
>mutt seethe
>>
No need to cope. Drones and UAVs had their run, they just can’t be a permanent fixture over 3rd-world countries anymore. So if you want to run surveillance in those places now get yourself a MALE / HALE UAV. Swarm-based distributed systems are being worked on but in the meantime you just have to accept some risk running your low-end drone ISR.
>>
>>61474008
Yeah, here is the point guy >>61474003 made
Technologies that were recently reserved for first world military industrial complex become chrap ubiquitous COTs equipment impossible to control.
Like in 1991 thermal cameras were magic and 3rd worders didn't know how they work and what they can do. US has strict ITAR laws regarding thermal camera and it's even illegal to let 3rd worlder to look through US made thermal camera.
But it is all history now. Because today you can buy Chinese themal gun scope on AliExpress.
>>
>>61474076
most if not all footage we get from suicide drones is in color, not thermal.
good thermal cameras are still prohibitively expensive and hard to miniaturize, and even the budget thermal cameras you find are not really cheap.
i dont know the pricing these days but i'd expect 2-3000$ minimum even for chinkshit thermals.
>>
>>61474666
From cheapo FPV yes.
358 uses thermal camera. And for detecting aircrafts they use thermal gimbaled cameras installed on ground mounts. Unlike radar they are passive and extremely difficult to locate.

Ukrainian so called "Baba Yaga" drone uses thermal camera. It's desinged for night operation. During day such big drone is too vulnerable against small arms, but during night mobiks don't see it.
>>
>>61473952
>turbojet
Can be built in any garage
>>
>>61473952
If the turbojet only has to work once and not need any provisions for maintenance, the MTBF can be measured in hours, and you can afford to throw efficiency out the window, it can be easily manufactured in a shed.
You can get some bearings, turn a shaft in a chink mini-lathe, and take a compressor and turbine from an automotive turbocharger and you basically have 80% of a jet engine. You can solder brass pipes for fuel lines and print an A4 sheet with the plans to drill into a sheet of steel so you can fold it into a combustion chamber.
The complex thing about jet engines is fuel efficiency, reliability and making turbine blades that can stand up to temperatures that would soften your normal everyday steel.
>>
>>61473909
Sounds like reaper-sized UAVs will now need to carry air to air missiles for survivability
>>
>>61473984
You literally posted an engine that costs more than a rocket motor in a manpad. Thank you for proving everyone's point that a turbojet will be immensely more expensive.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.