[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/k/ - Weapons

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: mojave.webm (3.75 MB, 1920x1080)
3.75 MB
3.75 MB WEBM
Mojave with minigun. Supposedly the first minigun test on a Group 4/5. Two pods of 3k RPM each, firing 7.62x51 from magazines of 3k rounds. https://ga-asi.com/ga-asi-mojave-lights-up-the-yuma-desert-in-live-fire-demonstration
>>
>pyrotechnics
Cringe.
>>
>General Atomics
>Mojave
>impractical hardware
Is this a cleverly concealed Toddpost?
>>
>>61478433
Yeah. Some boomer executive probably demanded it.
>>
>>61478423
this is some iran-tier shit you are better than this america
>>
>>61478449
Are they testing that pod for a new fixed wing CAS drone or heli drone?
>>
File: 99499508564.gif (372 KB, 326x244)
372 KB
372 KB GIF
>>61478433
>>61478449
no, it just did that
>>
>>61478448
Dillon is like an evil twin of Dyson.

>Dyson: What do we make? Small engines and filtration systems? Shit, that's pretty niche. Ok how about, uhhh, vacuum cleaners? Bladeless fans? Headphones???

>Dillon: We make miniguns. What products clearly don't need miniguns or benefit from them in any discernible way? "That's a lot of products, boss." Good. Make them love us. If they will not love us, then they must fear us.

Cockerill is the cousin who wears shades indoors and drives a tesla, even to go across the street. He says he changed his birthname "because it sounded jewy" and nobody knows exactly how he makes money. Seems like he's always out to lunch with government officials.
>>
>>61478423
Why did the car explode?
That’s stupid
>>
I can imagine that some sort of 'not every target is worth a Hellfire' logic that occured there but instead of coming up with some reasonable solution like Hydra 70 with its 8km effective range they went all in and returned to the ww2 straffing.

Inb4 it just werks - enjoy losing your multi million drone to a lucky DShK shot or mothballed Igla pulled out from the cave. Muh cost savings.
>>
File: Hatchet.jpg (319 KB, 1640x1060)
319 KB
319 KB JPG
>>61478786
That's why pic rel was developed
>>
>>61478474
There are places miniguns make sense but Group 4 drones clearly aren't one of them. This must be part of GA's ongoing sales pitch trying to keep their Predator/Reaper/Mojave production lines alive post-GWOT.
>>
>>61478563
>Ok how about, uhhh, vacuum cleaners? Bladeless fans? Headphones???
Don't forget electric cars.
>>
>>61478423
Strafing runs with 7.62 on a drone controlled through a satellite uplink that would not allow effective correction of fire in the short amount of time it takes to fly by a ground target makes no sense. It really is iran tier as another anon pointed out.
>>
>>61478563
Dillon! Yu zon ov a bisch
>>
Wtf that thing can totally police a streetcorner. I cannot cope with this information
>>
>>61478448
He had me at Mojave with minigun.
>>
>>61478830
Yeah the Turks' initial solution to weaponizing their UAVs was pretty much this, put a very simple and small laser guided bomb and chuck it on top of sandal wearers. Well what do you know it works mighty fine, maybe inflate the cost a little bit to make it appetizing for modern MIC standards and it will be an instant best seller for small wars concept
>>
>>61478423
I wonder if it could shoot down a shahed reliably
>>
>>61478897
TWZ barks up that tree in their article but I aint linkin those sumsbitches. Alright fine, I'll meet you halfway: https://archive.is/BpQNB
>>
>>61479433
that's why they made comical cuts in the video to the truck being control detonated, because they probably missed everything and didn't/couldn't load it again that day for a film shoot
>>
>>61479502
I have now seen multiple clips of attack helicopters failing to get guns on SUAS that were just hanging out in front of them, moseying around. So I have my doubts.

The main problem to overcome with predator-style drones, as I see it, is that they're optimized to look down. Nice, parallel overflights with little in the way of maneuver. To do strafing runs with a minigun, you either have to work against the design concept of the aircraft or your guns require max degrees of freedom and a lot of stabilization that happens entirely in software.
>>
>>61479485
Nigger, the US has been doing that since the fucking 60s-70s. Do you faggots know anything?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vl45KzykRVg&list=PLvy6N6HWNj24B2ZEjY2QyjLwHsLZtaceZ&index=62
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V63WRZQ_-jE&list=PLvy6N6HWNj24B2ZEjY2QyjLwHsLZtaceZ&index=175
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2vkHRDUdPGc&list=PLvy6N6HWNj24B2ZEjY2QyjLwHsLZtaceZ&index=174

Just go through the whole playlist. Turkroaches just copy like chinsects and Soviets.
>>
Fuck whatever marketing wagie thought a truck instantly exploding from a minigun was somehow cooler than a truck being turned to swiss cheese by minigun rounds.
Not only does it look like shitty staged Chinese bullshit, but they already have the damn minigun so if the issue is the drone can't actually hit it accurately but they still need the marketing B-Roll they could just park one off in the distance at ground level and shred it from there.
>>
this thing has swag fr
>>
>>61478423
Honestly one of the dumbest ideas I've seen recently. Why are you risking a multimillion dollar drone with strafing runs? Not only do drones potentially have latency, but bombs or missiles are simply far more effective. Also, that explosion at the end is insulting to the intelligence of everyone watching this slop
>>
File: h792r7yg.jpg (381 KB, 1080x1920)
381 KB
381 KB JPG
>>61478423
>waited for the car to be riddled with bullets like in T2
>they use some explosives on it
FUCK YA MUDDA
>>
>>61479954
You are immensely stupid with comprehension levels that is even beneath that of a roach. We're talking about small very low cost guided munitions that can be lobbed off lightweight UAVs here, what you show have nothing to do with the hatchet concept or what turks have done. Yeah no shit guided munitions existed before. You absolute double nigger.
>>
File: pasted.png (1.5 MB, 1024x662)
1.5 MB
1.5 MB PNG
>>61483265
really, this is china propaganda tier dogshit and makes us look bad
they could've at least hit it from a fixed position and then blew it up after a few seconds instead of the very obvious bomb on the other side of the pickup
>>
>>61484365
All that's missing is tumbled bullet holes in the side of the truck in a later panning shot.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.