[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/k/ - Weapons

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: IMG_20240423_185232196.jpg (626 KB, 720x2964)
626 KB
626 KB JPG
I've taken a grinder to it to make a fuller and ever since it's looked like this. How do I make it look professional?
>>
>>61479858
Put it in a vice and hit it with a long straight file a few hundred times on each side. Depending on your skill this could take all month.
>>
>>61479858
first you go to poland and after that you go to finalnd. seems self-explanatory
>>
>>61480077
you son of a bitch
>>
>>61479858
get a blue sharpie and color in wherever you want to remove metal. use snap lines and straight edges to keep it neat. then remove sharpie ink with grinder. repeat until the final form is ideal.
then use sanding disks all over the blade to make a uniform finish, starting with 80 grit and going up to whatever you like. 400-600 grit is a nice basic satin/crocus finish level.
expect to use at least one disc per grit level, so buy the multipacks or whatever
>>
>>61480331
>>61479875
Both viable solutions thank you anons.
Sounds like it's going to be a lot of work but I'll get some professional artisanal experience out of it
>>
>>61480405
yup. pop an advil and put in the elbow grease me bucko
>>
>>61481047
More like adderall
I'm gonna ZOOM
>>
>>61479858
Flap disk then sanding simple as
>>
>>61479858
Angle grinder? What tools do you have? What steel is that? That handguard isn't welded on, is it? And the tang of the blade goes all the way through that handle, right?

Anyways, this is what you need to do to the blade:
>Mark and grind the rough profile
>Heat treat (exact process depends on the steel you're using)
Remember, you have to use abrasives (like sandpaper or grinders) after heat treating. If you are using files, for example, you'll have to do that all before heat treating.
>Grind fuller using bench or belt grinder
It is possible to make a fuller with an angle grinder, but doing it freehand is a recipe for disaster. There are plenty of other ways to do it too so look into them.
>Grind bevels, ideally using a belt grinder/sander
This is very difficult and hard to get right. You might be better off just taking it slow and using a file. Don't forget your blade geometry here. The blade should be thinner towards the tip than at the hilt, both in width and thickness.
>>
>>61480077
At first I thought this was a reference to mongols
>>
>>61479858
how did you make this? Is there no point? whats it supposed to be for? wha tinspired you
>>
>>61481686
STFU noob. Your demands are not worthwhile
>>
File: FyqxDyoaIAkNdh1.jpg (400 KB, 1530x1980)
400 KB
400 KB JPG
>>61481686
Terminus Est maybe
>>
>>61481686
There is a point to the blade...all will be revealed in due time..
>>
>>61479858
>How do I polish/finish it?
1st you KUUURRRWWAAA then PEEERRKEEEELE and it's done
>>
>>61482597
Underrated

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.