[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/k/ - Weapons

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1707059370409.webm (1.21 MB, 1920x864)
1.21 MB
1.21 MB WEBM
>Machine gun that shoot fast bullet try kill you

What kind of training is needed to reinforce resolve in the face of 1200RPM?
>>
>>61481144
wait for him to reload or overheat
>>
>>61481144
Have some historical training materials:
https://youtube.com/watch?v=Oyj-ZHXFKQI&pp=ygUSTWc0MiB0cmFpbmluZyBmaWxt
>>
>>61481404
I KNEW it was going to be that video. Not to debbie downer on it too much, but the part they very deliberately leave out is that despite a (notionally) lower per-shot accuracy, the higher rate of fire of the MG42 produces more shots on target for a given amount of trigger time.
>>
>>61481144
>What kind of training is needed to reinforce resolve in the face of 1200RPM?
take cover, move when another section is firing, then fire to allow that section to move
its fairly simple, if difficult do in practice

but ultimately, rate-of-fire is fairly meaningless, the practical differences between 800RPM and 1200RPM is too granular to affect tactical combat
the only people for whom it will matter are aircraft
so no special training is needed to defeat an MG42 over an MG34 or a M240
>>
>>61481640
They were right about ammo consumption and the amount of troops needed to haul ammo. Additionally if the German squad lost their MG42 due to the gunner being killed/suppressed or running out of ammo then they were FUCKED. The fact that the average German infantryman was still equipped with a modified 50 year old rifle was absolutely insane, and the Brits and Russians were even worse off.
>>
>>61481640
>but the part they very deliberately leave out is that despite a (notionally) lower per-shot accuracy, the higher rate of fire of the MG42 produces more shots on target for a given amount of trigger time.
the improved hit-rate wasnt high enough to actually matter in combat conditions
which is why no other GPMG other than the MG3 has a rate of fire above 1000RPM
firing several short, fast bursts over 1 long burst doesnt actually matter in the infantry role
>>
>>61481664
Yeah, I don't mean to be dismissive of the video as a whole, I guess I just have a pet peeve about that particular point. It is, ultimately, a piece designed to reassure the infantry, which means that sometimes you just leave something out and hope they don't click it together on their own.
>>
>>61481683
The main takeaways are:
>don't panic
>flank it
Everything else is tactical optimism.
>>
Is the cow okay?
>>
>>61481755
In the film above Come and See, they used live ammunition in this scene. They did actually shoot the cow, and it died. As well the lead 14 year old actor Aleksei Kravchenko was nearly killed in this scene
>>
>>61481664
Haha, it would be like if military issued a modified 60's rifle today. Wouldn't that be wild?
>>
>>61481144
here comes the chocolate rain nigga
>>
>>61484962
To be fair, we're finally starting to replace it now that a big boy war is on the horizon
>>
>>61485029
The spear is just this generation's M14
>>
Condition yourself to fly into a suicidal rage at the sound of tearing silk OP
>>
>>61481144
>What kind of training is needed
How not to be seen in the first place
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C-M2hs3sXGo
>>
>>61481144
Simply remember that automatic fire is only used to scare you into cover. You can not shoot someone directly with it. /k/ told me automatic fire is too inaccurate to hit people with.
>>
>>61484942
Classic russian smekalka.
Can’t make a realistic scene of a cow getting shot? Shoot a cow.
Can’t motivate actors to act in a realistic fearful way when fleeing machine gun fire through a forest? Use live bullets and fire just a few meters above their heads into the trees.
Can’t get the makeup and acting just right to make the child actor look starved and traumatized beyond his comprehension?
Starve and traumatize the child actor beyond his comprehension.
>>
>>61481404
What is the breakdown of the 35 men?
>>
>>61481144
>What kind of training is needed to reinforce resolve in the face of 1200RPM?
The same resolve needed in the face of 600rpm, but not for as long.
Also the knowledge that the weapons platoon mortars are just one call away.
>>
>>61481664
>The fact that the average German infantryman was still equipped with a modified 50 year old rifle was absolutely insane, and the Brits and Russians were even worse off.
i duno the SMLE would have been better to take along than a mauser
>>
>>61481144
realize that there is no spoone
-the matricks
>>
>>61481664
SMLE at least gave you a ten round mag to play with. Topping off every 5-9 rounds will still give you more to play with at any given moment, and a full ten round reload with two clips isn't all that much longer either.
I've seen claims that the locking mechanism lended itself better to rapid cycling too but I think training probably matters more there.
Point is as far as taking bolt-actions into the war goes I'd take the Commonwealth choice over the others.
The Bren was also a great LMG for the era, everyone carried ammo for it and everyone present was meant to know how to use it too. Though that's a little beyond just the service rifle.
>>
File: 1712860506578463.webm (2.51 MB, 854x480)
2.51 MB
2.51 MB WEBM
What kind of training is needed to reinforce resolve in the face of 24000RPM?
>>
>>61481404
Obviously their main priority is just convincing green privates not to curl up into a ball when they hear a German MG position open up, because that'll just get them wasted, but getting into the weeds a little on some of the drawbacks of the more impressive cyclic rate is more informative than I would've expected. Love old propaganda films trying to balance morale, useful information and conveying it all in a way that the bottom barrel of the enlisted will follow.
>>
>>61488985
just send in some drones apparently
>>
>>61481144
It's okay bro they're just tracer rounds.
>>
>>61488973
look up SMLE MAD MINUTE videos. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1DhjUrqH88s
>>
>>61481144
try to snipe out the gunner then charge forward before someone else jumps on it

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.