[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/k/ - Weapons

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: IMG_3378.jpg (2.5 MB, 5100x3996)
2.5 MB
2.5 MB JPG
>They made this in 1964

Such a blatant example of reverse engineered ET technology that it’s hilarious
>>
>>61485448
If you've ever seen one up close, it's much more apparent that the machine is a product of its time.
>>
As far as I've researched the topic, alien technology seems to defy the laws of physics. This thing is just engineered to follow these laws to it's best
>>
>5 years after the X-15
Was that also ayy lmaos?
>>
File: IMAG1008.jpg (350 KB, 1080x1920)
350 KB
350 KB JPG
>>61485448
>>
File: IMAG1009.jpg (307 KB, 1920x1080)
307 KB
307 KB JPG
>>61485475
>>
>>61485457
>>61485448
sell them on the surplus market
I'll make a video review and see who's right
>>
File: IMAG1007.jpg (108 KB, 1920x1080)
108 KB
108 KB JPG
>>61485478
>>
>>61485448
Nope just an example of what you can do with a bunch of engineers, a comical defense budget, and Commies not thinking about valuable minerals
>>
The only thing that's actually sophisticated about the A-12/SR-71 is the configuration of the airframe and the development and use of a hybrid turbojet/ramjet engine.
>>
>>61485471
Air Force has had access to et crafts since the 40s. they started to show up after we dropped the bomb
>>
>>61485448
It's just a turbojet inside a ramjet with some extra flaps and moving inlet stuff. It's the sort of thing feral engineers will gladly make if you choose performance and risk over cost and oversight.
>>
>>61485448
What technology on the SR-71 was reverse engineered from a vehicle that crossed lightyears of space to get to Earth (and crash in a desert?) The spooky black paint? The very well understood and entirely mundane physics of its engines? The very needs-to-be-in-atmosphere qualties of its wings? Very sci--fi stuff that you and only you are smart enough to notice.
>>
>>61485448
We have been stagnating and even degrading in terms of technological advancement for the last 50 years.
Yes touch screen was invented in the 1950s and solar in 1880s
And today I doubt we can replicate the moon landing unironically
>>
>>61485500
By todays standards yes, by the standards of the time even managing to limit control surface deflection based on airspeed wasn't easy.
They took what they learnt from the X-15 and figured out how to make something that could survive mach 3 do it for hours instead of minutes.
>>
>>61485520
>And today I doubt we can replicate the moon landing unironically
Google NASA Artemis and make sure you're sitting down.
>>
>>61485520
>I doubt we can replicate the moon landing
That is much more a political problem rather than an engineering one.
Hell we could probably do a manned hypersonic today if the political will existed.
>>
File: Starship2Land2.webm (3.81 MB, 1280x676)
3.81 MB
3.81 MB WEBM
>>61485520
Don't worry, we're getting there.
>>
>>61485448
It was basically falling apart each time it flew, qhat are you talking about?
>>
>>61485448
For any species capable of traversing interstellar space this thing is probably the equivalent of an ox cart for us.

Humans fighting off ETs is a ridiculous premise. If they can cross those distances they can just send a giant asteroid down on top of us and drive us extinct whenever they want. They'll have automation on a scale that self reproducing probes can scale up and build solar sails on some big asteroid or rock and accelerate it to lol lol velocities and send it flying at the Earth.

The very fact that we don't see signs of ETs suggests that intelligent life is extremely rare, that humans are extremely early in the emergence of such life, are unique (created with the Logos by God), or that they use means of communication and resources acquisition that we haven't even thought about yet. That is, once you reach a certain understanding of reality, it's possible that it isn't even worth "spreading out" in space-time the way we think of it, or you use unknown means to communicate.
>>
>>61485475
>>61485478
>>61485478
Now this is podracing
>>
>>61485448
UAP features: instant acceleration to mach 20+ in atmosphere from a stationary hover (in any direction on top of this), a seeming complete lack of inertia letting them just take hard right turns at full speed with zero slowdown or visible damage to the vehicle, silent emission-less propulsion, the ability to decide if they show radar returns or not, and the ability to operate like this whether in atmosphere, underwater, or in space. These are just the properties that we have observed and captured on sensors.

The Blackbird is sexkino but its ultimately "just" a really fucking fast plane.
>>
File: saturn mlv.gif (18 KB, 575x414)
18 KB
18 KB GIF
>>61485560
I love the Falcon 9 and think Starship will be a decent LEO bus eventually, the mission architecture for using Starship for manned lunar missions is pants on head retarded.
>we can get 100 tons to LEO
>so we'll do that a dozen times to refuel a single ship
>that ship can then use engines with shit vacuum ISP to throw 20 tons into TLI
Just put a fucking S-IVB on top of a single Starship and you have something way more capable.
>>
>>61485448
>brownoid with a libarts degree cope dumbstruck, in denial of huwyte male talent
It's simply good but old engineering.
>>
>>61485574
we are closer to fusion reactors, generalized AI, creating completely artificial lifeforms via genetic engineering, and automated 3d printing of meta-materials than we are to deep space travel, people genuinely do not understand how advanced a civilization that could regularly and reliably travel to other star systems would have to be
>>
File: arma ac-130.jpg (102 KB, 1280x720)
102 KB
102 KB JPG
>>61485574
I think the "humans fight off aliens with FTL" sci-fi trope has lead to people failing to understand a caveman would have better odds against an AC-130.
>>
>>61485520
Tiny Israel literally just landed on the Moon. China landed on the Moon in the last year and managed to get potatoes to sprout there. If you can get probes there and are willing to take on risk you can get people there. Rather, because technology has advanced the extra risks and costs of sending manned missions just hasn't made sense. Now robots can do whatever men in clunky suits could for the most part. But we're on track for missions to the Moon in 25, the establishment of the Lunar Gateway, etc.

Orion is a big step up and Parker literally zips around at Mach 600. Parker is really undersold as an an advance. Using the same principles of solar sails it seems possible to accelerate to millions of miles per hour, not just the current 365,000. It will make going to Mars actually feasible once accelerating quickly and slowing down is worked out.
>>
>>61485636
Nah, you just put Will Smith up there in a Hornet and he'll bring them down and then punch them in the face.
>>
>>61485574
>They'll have automation on a scale that self reproducing probes can scale up and build solar sails on some big asteroid or rock and accelerate it to lol lol velocities and send it flying at the Earth.

Uh....no. That's fucking impossible.
>>
>>61485607
They're not doing that because they don't want expendable hardware.
>>
>>61485636
At least post something better than a jpg
>>
>>61485693
Every mission requires a fully expendable SLS launch.
Head over to /sci/ togo the /sfg/ thread and ask "is Artemis a good mission design".
>>
>>61485721
"They" being SpaceX, rather than the oldspace side of the Artemis program.
>>
the navigation computer is the most impressive thing, and while not alien, it was very clearly thought up by very intelligent people that are probably an exceeding rarity in todays MIC.
>>
>>61485574
>humans are extremely early in the emergence of such life
This is my favorite Fermi paradox solution. It's so human to think that way.
>the whole universe revolves around us
>ok actually we revolve around the sun but THAT is the center of everything
>okay actually we aren't even near the center of our galaxy but everything revolves around that
>okay actually...
>aliens? We are the first. We are the prime intelligent spice in the entire universe
>>
>>61485807
The anisotropy of the Cosmic Microwave Background suggests that we actually are at the center of the Universe, and cosmologists have been trying to make that go away on the presumption of measurement error, thus far to no avail.
>>
>>61485626
The only problem is that we die in 80-100 years at best. If a species figured out some kind of agelessness, then a 50 year journey between stars would not be an issue. Given there are already very long-lived organisms here on Earth, it’s not a stretch.
>>
>>61485768
Even that is dumb as shit because SpaceX could replace the SLS if they used a S-IVB clone.
What has happened is Musk wanted a heavy LEO LV so he could get Starlink fully operational and retain first mover advantage.
SLS was a clusterfuck so when congress asked him if it could do the moon he said yes like anyone that likes money would.
Problem is he lied, it's terrible for deep space for several reasons and is honestly going to be worse than SLS when you consider he needs to launch 12 within a couple of days to do the job of 1 SLS.
>>
>>61485850
You're missing the part where this system enables ultra high capacity payloads to the Lunar Surface. One SLS is never going to come close to actually bringing a high tonnage capacity lander to the moon.
>>
Can you name one piece of technology that appears alien to you?
>>
>>61485850
On an adjacent aside, Orion would never be able to ride Starship because the European Service Module needs to be reengineered to survive much higher acceleration gradients than SLS experiences.
>>
>>61485807
My favorite thing about the Fermi paradox is it assumes there isn't anything better than radio.
>no radio transmissions have reach us in the ~70 years we have been listening so no one is there
What if, just maybe, radio is shit and everyone is using something else we haven't discovered yet?
>>
>>61485880
The advance of technology revealing cheaper ways to do any given thing is indeed one of the weaknesses of contemporary SETI, and that's a big motivator in looking for technosignatures based on synthetic industrial waste products.
>>
>>61485840
>center
>our galaxy is on a collision course with a larger mass
>that local group is itself on a collision course with an even larger mass
I would imagine things would be coming to the center, not the center coming to things.
I was going to include a bit about red shift being "dude we're in the center" but it was already getting too long of a post.
I'd love humans to be the main character in the universe but I'm reluctant to believe it.
>>
>>61485860
>You're missing the part where this system enables ultra high capacity payloads to the Lunar Surface
What advantage does that offer over a hydrolox tug throwing payloads form LEO to TLI? You need constant refueling missions anyway so why not use engines that are good in a vacuum?

>>61485874
The whole thing is a mess and I'm salty as fuck because I want to see us become space faring but the people choosing where the money goes want jobs in their state.
>>
>>61485574
The SR-71(A-12)’s project name was actually Oxcart, maybe you knew that and were making a joke sorry autism
>>
>>61485448
Work began in 1957, so Lockheed had the ability to build it even earlier if funding had been made available.
>>
>>61485921
>What advantage does that offer over a hydrolox tug throwing payloads form LEO to TLI? You need constant refueling missions anyway so why not use engines that are good in a vacuum?

Because everything about hydrolox is an absolute whore. The temperature delta between boiling and freezing is 20 Kelvin and it plays absolute merry hell with valves and structural materials because it soaks into all of them. LH2 is more trouble than it's worth, and launch companies keep specifically optimizing their boosters to need it.
>>
>>61485850
>when you consider he needs to launch 12 within a couple of days to do the job of 1 SLS.
that's not so bad considering it will bring the full 100+ (150?) tons of cargo with it. That's up to 5 times as much as SLS lift capacity, all mounted on one large fairing. Starship offers a completely different kind of capability and it's probably going to end up cheaper even with the 12 tanker launches if Falcon 9's success is anything to go by
>>
>>61485471
If anything, the X-15 reinforces the idea that the SR-71 was alien tech. We had to brute force through the sound barrier with rockets because jets weren't fast enough, then only 5 years later, we're doing 3 times that with jet engines?
>>
>>61485448
I made this.
>>
>>61485954
>launch companies keep specifically optimizing their boosters to need it
Because chemists can tell you the energy any combo has and guess which is the best that doesn't involve melting metals for liquid fuel?

>>61485963
The Falcon 9 is great, for LEO.

>>61485965
X-15, not X-1.
>>
File: X-15_in_flight.jpg (1.04 MB, 3000x1992)
1.04 MB
1.04 MB JPG
>>61485965
You're thinking of the X-1. The X-15 was pic related.
>>
>>61485520
Stupid fuck.
>>
>>61485880
This also goes for Goldilock zones. There is literally no reason to expect other life to be like on Earth.
>if we can't live there nothing could!
>>
>>61485986
>Because chemists can tell you the energy any combo has and guess which is the best that doesn't involve melting metals for liquid fuel?

Specific Impulse is a measurement of how much mass of propellant you use to achieve a given change in velocity, since higher exhaust velocities let you achieve greater Delta-V per unit mass of fuel. However, Hydrogen's incredibly low density works against it, and the differences aren't all that large in the grand scheme of things. If the booster is capable of dealing with the greater weight of the upper stage(s), there's no real benefit to using liquid hydrogen anywhere in the design. The supremacy of hydrogen is predicated on the idea that the most affordable rocket is the one that weighs the least, an axiom that hasn't been true since the development of composites and highly engineered and heavily machined structures.
>>
>>61485999
checked
that being said, water is a pretty great solvent for every molecule you need to evolve carbon-based life, by far the most probable kind. It's not that life can't evolve outside goldilocks zones, it's just that they're the most likely to have it compared to gas giants or something
>>
>>61485997
70iq answer
>>
>>61485986
The F-104 Starfighter came out 12 years earlier, topped out at Mach 2.3 or so, and could climb to 120,000 feet. It just wasn't very good at staying in the sky and killed more NATO pilots than any Soviet-made bird. The US dumped them pretty quickly but they made a fuck ton and other countries used them for a long time. It turns out that being really, really fast and being able to go way higher than most fighters doesn't actually make a plane a good fighter. In particular, the thing couldn't fly right if it wasn't going supersonic and it needed to be going like 240mph to take off due to its sharp wings but then the landing gear blew up if you went not much over that.

The ultimate example of early Cold War min max autism. I still like the F-89 Scorpion more though because it looks cool and "air to air unguided rockets with nuclear warheads."
>>
>>61485986
>The Falcon 9 is great, for LEO.
it's great because it's reusable and produced with economies of scale instead of artisanal manufacture, not because it's a LEO LV. Starship is supposed to do the same thing, just with the extra capability to extend its reach arbitrarily far with refueling. I think it's very promising, the fairing diameter alone will open completely new opportunities for spy sats, space telescopes and space stations
>>
>>61486010
>Hydrogen's incredibly low density works against it
Yes and no, you need a bigger tank but get higher exhaust velocity.
First stage HL2 is stupid, a HL2 tug doesn't need to support it's own weight and can be a balloon tank. Much much lighter than an upper stage with heat tiles and strong enough for aerodynamic reentry.

>most affordable rocket is the one that weighs the least
I'm talking a tug, not a LV. It's service life would be limited by RL-10 ignitions rather than single use.
>>
>>61486078
Second stage LH2 isn't actually great either. The historical quality of the RL-10 as an upper stage engine for in-space maneuvers is entirely down to its not needing to combat gravity losses, which is quickly swamped if the booster can't do a large amount of the initial insertion work -- hence why the Vulcan Centaur has two RL-10s.
>>
>>61486094
TUG, space TUG, LV takes it to SPACE, it only works in SPACE.
You keep arguing weird point like I think the SLS being HL2 from the pad is good, it's not.
The SLS is shit, the Starship could be great for LEO but it's not good for deep space.
>>
>>61486112
Honestly I just thing tugs are stupid because they're middlemen and the technology that you need to make them work (orbital refueling) also makes them unnecessary.
>>
>>61486132
>he technology that you need to make them work (orbital refueling)
So the exact same issue Starship has?
>>
>>61486151
What issue? Starship's fundamentally designed to be a high capacity interplanetary lander; it's not an issue unless you're min-maxing for purely in-space payloads.
>>
>>61486172
So orbital fueling starship is fine but orbital refueling a 100 ton Centaur is bad?
>>
>>61486187
What are you trying to do? If you want to put a lander on the surface to deposit payloads onto the surface of the moon, what's the point of the tug? You've introduced a middle-man that has all the same reason to be there as the Lunar Gateway.
>>
>>61486215
Hot take: the Apollo CSM was a tug
>>
>>61486215
Because it doesn't take a heap of DV to get from TLI to LLO and any lander has to have LLO > landing > LLO as built in capability.
If you can get TLI from somewhere else you save fuckload of weight.

>>61486243
S-IVB did most of the work with the second burn.
>>
>>61486253
What is the merit of saving weight? Weight delivered at absolute cost is the only thing that matters. Unless the tug makes it possible to deliver more payload weight for less money, then there's no reason to use it.
>>
>>61486260
>What is the merit of saving weight?
You gain the DV to get to LLO instead of the retarded near-rectilinear halo orbit of Artemis. You avoid needing gateway, you keep your moon mission infurstructure in LEO where it can be serviced or replaced.

>Weight delivered at absolute cost is the only thing that matters
No, having abort options is also important and the NRHO doesn't allow that.
>>
>>61486288
The tug isn't really related to either of these things, and Starship HLS has no need of the Gateway. The Gateway is there to make Congress keep up with things as a sunk cost because they're like that.
>>
>>61486303
Ok, if all you want is weight on the moon and if Starship works as advertized it's great.
I honestly want us to build space infurstructure in the earth / moon system to make transit cheaper and I think if we are going to develop orbital refueling anyway why not have a TLI tug?
I would prefer if it was NERVA but the political climate says no.

Also I beleived Musk when he said Mars 2022, I believed him when he said Moon 2023, I don't believe him anymore. I think there is a decent chance Starship is a Cybertruck at worse and a shuttle at best.
>>
>>61486340
All said and done, if you wanted a tug for whatever reason, it is possible to turn a Starship into one.
>>
>>61485643
>Tiny Israel literally just landed on the Moon
Yeah, we counting crash landings as landings now.
>>
>>61485448
That's what white people can do when they aren't being forced to babysit niggers.
>>
>>61485448
It is insane how quickly military tech advanced from 1945 to the mid-late 50’s. The US military from 1955 would have completely wiped the floor with both Japan/Germany at the peak of their power.
>>
>>61485448
Not even a good troll.
>>
>>61486855
Tesy
>>
>>61485475
>>61485478
SAC Museum outside Omaha, Nebraska.
If you haven't been, go. It's fucking amazing.
> B17
> B29
> B36
> SR71
> and on and on
Even an exhibit on SAC Security Police boot lacing autism.
>>
>>61485480
In all seriousness, there’s one on an awesome indoor display at Pima airbase. Right next to an f14A in full livery and a10
>>
File: IMAG1005.jpg (130 KB, 1920x1080)
130 KB
130 KB JPG
>>61487064
That's the one
>>
File: 1000004598.jpg (99 KB, 1400x700)
99 KB
99 KB JPG
>>61487073
is it functioning?
>>
>>61485448
>he's posting this from his phone
You've been using alien technology this whole time and didn't even realize?
lmao even
>>
>>61485448
>Such a blatant example of reverse engineered ET technology that it’s hilarious
No, it's just American ingenuity. We're better than everyone. That fact is inescapable.
>>
>>61487187
Likely no, I don't think the service manuals even exist anymore. They haven't flown them for over a two decades.
>>
>>61485448
If you give me 5 billion dollars I can make a plane out of beryllium which will be even faster
>>
>>61485448
nah it seems pretty human compared to the XB70 I saw at the museum
>>
>>61485954
the problems with hydrolox primarily affect you in mission duration
hydrolox is impossible to work with for interplanetary stuff because by the time you get there, it has all boiled off. and/or your attempts to prevent it from boiling off (insulation, radiators, sun shielding) would end up adding so much mass/cost so as to make it not worth it.

HOWEVER, those things simply don't apply for things meant to reach LEO and/or for injection stages
there's no reason for those not to be hydrolox.
well, for a first stage you could make a size argument, what would be a 5 meter stage with kerolox will likely be 10 with hydrolox. but on later stages, that's just not a problem.

officially, spacex went with metholox because in theory it could be made in situ on mars.
imo, that was retarded. they should've went hydrolox on starship, keep it only as an earth orbit bus with lunar capabilities.
they should've made a subsequent rocket with metholox for mars.
>>
>>61487535
>there's no reason for those not to be hydrolox.
Propellant handling and infrastructure commonality seems like a pretty good reason to me, especially with the intent of using propellant depots to extend the on-orbit Delta-V of the vehicles.
>>
>>61487565
>Propellant handling and infrastructure commonality seems like a pretty good reason to me
yea, that's my point, as long as you're not trying to prolong the lifespan to weeks/months/years, there's not that much of a difference between hydrolox and metholox.

>especially with the intent of using propellant depots to extend the on-orbit Delta-V of the vehicles.
yea, for that you absolutely need to avoid hydrolox. hydrolox is for stuff you will use immediately, this launch, this injection, today. not for stuff that needs to be stored on depots.
>>
>>61485448
It's extremely cool though. I wish the soviets had built their own hypersonic plane.

>>61485520
The average person in 1900 didn't know what the fuck a solar panel was, and you don't know what the fuck is being invented right now.
>>
>>61487064
>SAC Security Police boot lacing autism
qrd?
>>
>>61485448
>two big engines
>airframe that can go fast
>ITS THE AYYYYSSSS

Meds.
>>
>>61485475
I have a season pass for me and my small senpai. Only a certain type of real Midwest patriots knows this feel
>>
>>61487747
I will get a picture of the display next time I go. The display is great. I remember once some little nigger kid on a field trip ran in front of me and started rattling off the name of all the guns visible to his friends and every single one kf them he got wrong. Little retarded faggot Fortnite kids are so fuckin stupid. It’s a carry handle m4 and he is like “SCAR”
>>
>>61485448
>aliens can travel in intergalactic spaceships
>blackbird disintegrates at mach3.3
I love the sr-71 but come on. I still would love to see what they really have at lockheed though. That message where they say the sr-71 is fast "acknowledged" aircraft is such a cocktease.
>>
>>61485880
Which of the 4 fundamental forces would you signal with instead anon?
>>
>>61487775
>>61487782
Kill yourselves.
>>
>>61487929
Quantum entanglement.
Instantaneous universe-wide comms.
>>
File: boot-lacing-autism.jpg (103 KB, 946x768)
103 KB
103 KB JPG
>>61487747
>boot lacing autism
>qrd?
SAC Security Police uniform was what happens when you have evolution upon evolution of O4 looking to make O5, and O5 looking to make O6.
> let's really crease the seams
> no, razor sharp
> let's carry a side arm . . . crossdraw
> that ascot looks good, let's run with it
> gloves, I like gloves
> boot laces, they need . . . order, and meaning
> I'm on it sir
>>
>>61487782
>aryan
>not aliens
Pick one
>>
>>61485448
The whole "it was aliens" conspiracy when applied to any structure or piece of technology that some brainlet retard can't fathom its construction is honestly pretty sad. Humans are smart, and we've had an understanding of math, astronomy, and fairly advanced tool usage going back to the earliest civilizations but God forbid we use our brains and make something spectacular it must be aliens.

Why can't we just be proud of our own accomplishments as a species?
>>
so what happened to the mass driver projects that were supposed to happen by now by the equator?
>>
>>61485448
>actionable moon base plans in the 60s
>mouse and keyboard 1970

Yeah
>>
>>61487787
>SAC Museum
>I have a season pass for me and my small senpai
Based.
> be me
> pre pandemic
> business travel
> on the road 75% of the time
> several customers in Omaha
> OMA isn't a bad airport, fits with the Small Airport Theory
> [checks notes] Hilton Downtown was close to the customer and sufficiently nice
> [also] Doubletree Downtown was walking distance to another customer
> [also] couple places out in Aksarben that were perfect for another customer
> also, budget flights so I have time for at least half a day at SAC Museum
I visited that place 7 or 8 times.
- Sheer size of B36 never ceases to amaze.
- the B58 (favorite model plane I build as a boy) still looks sexy as hell.
- the B17, they built thousands of them and only a few remain.
But the SR71 in the entry. It's just fucking beautiful.
The museum is amazing. Go if you can.
t. it's all Zoom now, I fucking hate it
>>
>>61488067 correct
>>
>>61488099
Based massive nuclear bombers & SAC pilled
>>
>>61488040
Nigger
>>
>>61485448
It's funny how they needed Russian titanium to build it though lol
>>
File: IMAG1002.jpg (120 KB, 1920x1080)
120 KB
120 KB JPG
>>61488099
The Vulcan was worth the bee attack
>>
>>61485807
> Fermi
> We're rare, we're first, or we're fucked
Guess which one gets picked.
>>
>>61488072
It's more reassuring for brainlets to believe anything smart must have been copied from someone else (aliens, etc.), than acknowledge their own limitations, and admit a lack of understanding.
>>
File: Space.jpg (1.07 MB, 2795x2795)
1.07 MB
1.07 MB JPG
>>61485574
No, we don't see signs of ETs because space is fucking big and unless we figure a way to make light go faster (Wow, wouldn't that be awesome!) it takes fucking ages to get anywhere.
>>
>>61488210
We could also be last. Or just in a dead zone while the rest of the galactic civilizations have a party/interstellar rock throwing competition all the way over on the far side of the core.
>>
File: 1713905163325973.png (423 KB, 610x717)
423 KB
423 KB PNG
>>61488357
It is most likely that intelligence is rare while life is not and we are one of the rare real niggas in this bitch of our galaxy.
Would we really be capable of distinguishing radio signals from 25 000 light years about a tentacle wash called TentaCLEAN from background radiation?

I find most Fermi paradox solutions to be funny in a "misery porn is all I have" kinda funny, like the Dark Forest theory.
>>
>>61485607
No arguments but SpaceX's whole deal is 'cattle, not pets'. They don't want a couple of once-off launchers you pay incredible attention to. They don't built something unless they can have a factory churning out a couple a month minimum, and can make improvements to the process on the fly.

So their mission plans all involve a dozen smaller launches instead of 1 big launch. It seems a bit silly because if you have the choice to do something complicated on the ground or in space, you always pick the ground. sometimes their ideas are smarter than me and sometimes they're fucking dumb (BFR ballistic passenger transport was pandering to old scifi nerds and nothing else), not sure where it falls yet.
>>
>>61485448
I believe you underestimate human ingenuity
>>
>>61485448
Its just really big engines on a very aerodynamic body.
>>
File: IMG_0068.jpg (254 KB, 1170x1805)
254 KB
254 KB JPG
>>61485535
Lmao. Thanks for the laugh, anon.
>>
>>61485508
>We put jet inside the jet
>>
>>61488823
> white men need to develop new innovative technologies to get women and niggers to moon
>>
>>61487929
If you asked someone what would you use other than smoke signals, torch signaling, flash mirrors, and signal flags 200 years ago you would get the same answer I'm about to give.
I don't know.
>>
>>61488823
Funny how they lump in every non-white race into the same group. Jesus.
>>
File: 1648342639695.jpg (25 KB, 430x378)
25 KB
25 KB JPG
>>61485448
I fucking love retards like this.
>"Ooooooo, the Ancient Egyptians could never have stacked a bunch of rocks into an artificial mountain, it must have been aliens!"
>"Oooooo, the Americans could never have done any research on Electromagnetic radiation and determined how to cause light to reflect and be absorbed in such a manner as to mitigate RADAR, it must have been aliens!"
Honestly, I think OP himself is an alien given his clear low opinion of Human intelligence.
>>
>>61489270
The "ancient people must have been stupid" thing has always annoyed me, our brains haven't significantly changed.
You could take a baby from Mesopotamia and raise them today and they would be just another guy.
>>
>>61485603
>hard right turns
Do we live on an interstellar highway with no left turns allowed?
>>
>>61489321
Turns out the universe has been a NASCAR race from the start.
>>
>>61488281
baby steps. we invented planes just 100 years ago and we already have reached the end of our solar system. it's not that bad
>>
>>61485448
I hope you are a child, no adult should be this retarded
>>
>>61486513
One of the reasons I cheer for both sides in Ukraine. No matter who wins the technology is jumping forward for the entire world to benefit in the next 10-20 years. War is good thing for technology advancement. The best, even. And no, I don't mean mogging sandniggers in a desert. A real war.
>>
>>61485448
>Such a blatant example of reverse engineered ET technology that it’s hilarious
Alien tech? Such as?
There's no alien tech, like at all.
Turbo jet engines are alien tech now?
Explain yourself, OP you massive faggot.
This is /k/, not /x/ btw
>>
>>61489505
Ironically it's not technology that's advancing in Ukraine, but rather military doctrines.
>>
>>61489508
Bullshit.
Drone combat at such level is unprecedented. Smart munitions, EW, satellite guidance, hypersonics - everything's evolving FAST.
>>
>>61488281
>No, we don't see signs of ETs because space is fucking big
And Time also. We're not just separated from potential aliens by space, we're also separated by time.
Not only js Space big, Time is potentially even bigger.
13.8 billion years is an unfathomably long time on a human scale, but it's potentially a tiny amount of time compared to the trillions of years to come.
>>
>>61489531
While actual combat devolving back to WW1
>>
>>61488666
>It is most likely that intelligence is rare while life is not
No, probably the other way around.
Creating Life out of nothing is incredibly hard, we don't know just how hard or rare it is for life to emerge.
On the other hand it's pretty easy for natural selection and evolution to make intelligence emerge.
Putting aside other mamals being intelligent, the clue is in cephalopods, because we branched out from them evolutionarily before brains were a thing. Meaning they evolved their own brains independantly of ours, and they're completely different compared to mamalian brains.
So evolution didn't just create intelligent brains once, it did it at least twice on separate occasions.

So life emerging from dust is much more rare than life evolving to become intelligent.
>>
>>61489542
retard detected
>>
>>61489531
Those things already existed. They're just being applied better because there's a very good impetus to do so and actual threats to test them against.
>>
>>61489586
No. A whole lot of drone models didn't exist 2022. They get new versions every other month now. Software updates even faster - sometimes on a daily basis.
>>
>>61488040
Go fly on a 737.
>>
>>61489570
>So evolution didn't just create intelligent brains once, it did it at least twice on separate occasions.
You are re-defining anon's meaning of 'intelligent'. Cephalopods (and dogs and dolphins and chimps) aren't sapient. The galaxy could be filled with billions of planets, of billion-year-old non-sapient non-technological cephalopod-oid species.

Complex life evolved twice on Earth. Before the Cambrian explosion was the Avalon explosion. For nearly 33 million years, complex, Ediacaran biota existed, called by some Earth's first 'attempt' at life, and a 'failed experiment'.
Most Ediacaran species are so alien that we cannot even classify them as 'animals', 'plants' or 'fungi'.
Then there was some kind of ecological catastrophe (multiple mass extinctions of complex life-forms), and after a few million years, life started developing 'upward' again, creating the Cambrian explosion that produced our tree of life.

So, on Earth, rather than complex life evolving once and intelligence (sapience) twice, complex life arguably evolved twice, and intelligence (sapience) once.
Of course, there is so much hypothetical here that it's impossible to prove anything conclusively.
>>
>>61489531
>Drone Combat
Has existed since the 1910's.
>such a level that is unprecedented
>smart munitions
>EW
>hypersonics
Were you in a coma during the 00's? Hell, hypersonics isn't even a real technology. All ICBMs are hypersonic for example by definition, it's just Russian cope against missile defense.

Ukraine is like the Spanish Civil War. A testing ground, but nothing new is actually coming out of it.
>>
>>61489666
>hypersonics isn't even a real technology.
Air breathing engines that push the aircraft/missile system to speeds above Mach 5 do exist, and these systems are what's meant by proper hypersonic technology.
>>
>>61485515
by alien, they simply - although ignorantly - refer to Paperclip™ scientists.
Americans were always one step behind Germany, and it was only after importing them that USA became world dominant in the wake of the european empires suffering the distractions of WW2.
>>
>>61489625
>You are re-defining anon's meaning of 'intelligent'.
>Cephalopods (and dogs and dolphins and chimps) aren't sapient.
They are by definition "intelligent creatures".
I did not change the definition.
Here's one :
>Intelligence : the ability to acquire and apply knowledge and skills.

If you meant "sapient" then you should that word and not "intelligent".
There's levels to intelligence, sure, but to say mammals like Elephants, orcas, dolphins and such are not intelligent is a really dumb statement.
Go ask a zoologist if dolphins are intelligent or not, I can GARANTEE he will says yes.

For example, does "Language = Intelligence" ?
If yes, than sea mamals are intelligent.
There's studies done recently that decodes whales speaking to each other.
We know when they say "Hello, my name is.." i whale-speak
They even discovered that there's like an international/interspecies language that sea mamals use to speak to different species.

Is that not textbook definition of intelligence?
They have fucking language, fucking pattern recognition.
They even have a common language so that dolphins can speak with whales.

Here,read :
https://www.nationalgeographic.com/animals/article/scientists-plan-to-use-ai-to-try-to-decode-the-language-of-whales

And then tell me again how this doesn't support what I said in my previous post.

>Complex life evolved twice on Earth....
>Most Ediacaran species are so alien that we cannot even classify them as 'animals', 'plants' or 'fungi'.
You're chatting shit m8.
2 minutes of reading the Wikipedia entry says you're distorting the facts a lot.
"Ediacaran species" simply means "organisms that lived in the Ediacara era.
It's or a specieis or family.
Firstly
>The term "Ediacara biota" has received criticism from some scientists due to its alleged inconsistency, arbitrary exclusion of certain fossils, and inability to be precisely defined.

cont.
>>
>>61489625
>>61489685
Secondly :
>Determining where Ediacaran organisms fit in the tree of life has proven challenging; it is not even established that most of them were animals, with suggestions that they were lichens (fungus-alga symbionts), algae, protists known as foraminifera, fungi or microbial colonies, or hypothetical intermediates between plants and animals.
So most of those mysterious "Ediacaran species" were Fungi / Lychen. Some were animals and some were plants.

They didn't "spawn out of nothing", like you claim.
>Complex life evolved twice on Earth.
"Complex Life" here is just multi-celullar life.
Both evovled from single cell organisms.
SO MY POINT WAS 100% VALID.
Life only Emerged ONCE.

This "Ediacaran biota" is simply an extinct line of organisms that failed at multicellular life.
Just because this "branch" of the Tree of Life didn't go anywhere doesn't mean that "Complex life evolved twice on Earth".
You're chatting put shit AND you're also strawmaninng / moving the goalpost, but your arguments are so trash that you didn't even succeed at moving said goalposts.

Face the facts :
- There are PLENTY of intelligent organisms of Earth
- There is only ONE place in the Galaxy or even the Universe where life emerged.
Life emerging out of nothing is therefore WAY more rare that life evolvig to become intelligent.

Intelligence is one of the best survival strategies for any sufficiently complex orgasism.
Meanwhile, because the Universe is quite young on the cosmic scale, there's a good chance Life only exists on Earth, or a least in this cosmic neighborhood that is the observable universe.
So stop trying to manipulate complex biology to try and make a point.
You failed, and now you have to admit that you're simply and utterly wrong.
>>
>>61489685
(1) Other anon:
>It is most likely that intelligence is rare while life is not and we are one of the rare real niggas in this bitch of our galaxy.
(2) You, about cephalopods:
>So evolution didn't just create intelligent brains once, it did it at least twice on separate occasions.

He was clearly using 'intelligent' to mean sapient, like humans, and you responded as if he meant 'any smart animal'.

God, I don't have time for this shit when you can't even comprehend words, and when you type a thousand words about nothing.

>2 minutes of reading the Wikipedia entry
Jesus Christ it was 33 million years, trying learning about something for more than 2 minutes.
>>
File: Drinking-Your-Tears.png (119 KB, 500x478)
119 KB
119 KB PNG
>>61489718
See >>61489716

And so if animals have Language, are they not by definition "Intelligent"?
If Speach doesn't equal intelligence, then what does?
Riddle me that, faggot.
>>
>>61489600
New models =/= new technology. Flaws in old equipment have been identified and rectified for new designs and doctrines. The fundamental technologies behind such designs generally remain the same.
>>
File: shaggy.jpg (54 KB, 640x458)
54 KB
54 KB JPG
>>61485504
>they started to show up after we dropped the bomb

wait a sec - so are you suggesting that after years of war funding and concentrated weapons production, research, development and then cooperation with the best german minds we could steal, new radical advances occurred in powered flight? that has to be aliens.
>>
>>61485504
Wrong. So very wrong. I hate it when morons don't even know UFO lore.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mystery_airship#The_airship_wave_of_1896-1897
>>
>>61488823
>>61489239
>>61489263
didn't Biden just announce that they're sending a Japanese up on that thing? Does that count as the POC or are they gonna cram a nigger in there with the woman and the nip?
>>
>>61489505
>>61489531
They are both way too poor to be inventing anything new, they are just taking existing software and putting it in cheap commercial products to save money.
This is good for poor countries that want more capability but it's ironically bad for rich contries because now the poor countries they invade have better weapons.
>but rich countries can build more
In theory yes, in reality our politicians will pay whatever their donors charge.
>>
File: 1713766721806798.png (381 KB, 599x600)
381 KB
381 KB PNG
>>61489570
>Creating Life out of nothing is incredibly hard, we don't know just how hard or rare it is for life to emerge.
>>>https://www.nature.com/articles/nature08013
Get up to speed, we have known about RNA formation from mater for years now and it is easy.
All you need is the materials, heat and all of that in a water source that moves around, so a pool that receives a waterfall.
>On the other hand it's pretty easy for natural selection and evolution to make intelligence emerge.
Pre-Cambrian life still lasted longer than post-Cambrian life and it took multiple snowball earths to achieve any progress.
Microbes almost killed themselves on multiple occasions even, with The Great Oxygenation Event and when they turned the oceans into aerobic toxic soup.
Pic related is our ancestors :) for most of our existence.
>Putting aside other mamals being intelligent, the clue is in cephalopods, because we branched out from them evolutionarily before brains were a thing. >Meaning they evolved their own brains independantly of ours, and they're completely different compared to mamalian brains.
Would this not be iteration and not creation?
>So life emerging from dust is much more rare than life evolving to become intelligent.
Idk mate, I guess we will know the answer in our life times with Venera cloud survey missions, Mars missions, Titan surveys, Io and Europa surveys and others.
If they find microbial life in, lets say 3 cuz that's a good pattern(my bet is Enceladus, Europa, Mars), I am right, if we don't find it or we maybe find squids in the seas of ice moons, then you are right.
Lets hope you are right.
>>
>>61489625
>You are re-defining anon's meaning of 'intelligent'. Cephalopods (and dogs and dolphins and chimps) aren't sapient.
>>>https://www.quantamagazine.org/insects-and-other-animals-have-consciousness-experts-declare-20240419/
We used to think that humans were the only conscious beings on our planet.
Then we gave concessions to chimps.
Then dolphins.
Then birds, surprisingly.
Then dogs.
And now, most of the mammalians and birds are considered conscious and even insects are becoming recognised in this regard as of late.

How long before the first other sapient animal is found?
As the other anon pointed out, whales are pretty much there.
>>
>>61490484
>Pic related is our ancestors :) for most of our existence
lmfao clicked on the wrong image ahahaha
Also, anaerobic, not aerobic
>>
nothing about the sr-71 is even high tech, it's just a precisely engineered piece of equipment. if you want to argue about aliens then the question you want to ask is how shockley figured out how to miniaturize p/n junctions on a silicon substrate
>>
>>61485520
>solar panels
>1880s
Ah yes Mr. Smith, please do examine my newest invention, the Solar Panel! It's machined entirely out of brass, weighs 3 tons and generates enough electricity in full sun to power a single light-bulb!
>>
>>61491618
It is by definition "high tech".
"Technology" just means human made.
>>
>>61489289
This. The hardware and software are about the same, the only difference is that we get more updated databases on the backend.
>>
>>61485721
Blame that on Congress, and not NASA.
>>
File: 20240425_113615.jpg (3.93 MB, 4000x3000)
3.93 MB
3.93 MB JPG
>>61490545
Look at this fossil stromatolite I found today. Much younger than the proterozoic, about the end Permian when this area was mostly stupidly hot and anoxic shoreline.
>>
>>61492709
Nice, my shithole doesn't even have interesting rocks, it is just sandstone.
>>
File: 20240425_104824.jpg (3.71 MB, 4000x3000)
3.71 MB
3.71 MB JPG
>>61492744
We got a nice mix of everything, red beds, BIFs, ingeous rocks, rarer metamorphic rocks, ancient cratonic granulites, shales, sandstones, limestones, you name it. Receptaculites also from today.
>>
>>61488045
you don't understand how anything works
>>
>>61488045
Entanglement doesn't allow the transmission of information. The equation of state instantly changes, but the change is not manifestly visible as anything but noise until you classically communicate the rest of the system to an observer on the other side; at that point, and only at that point, can you see how the change on one end affected the other.
>>
>>61490484
>Great Oxygenation Event
We need to go back to calling it the oxygen holocaust.
>>
>>61490528
The problem is that consciousness/intelligence is by no means the same as "can develop a space program"
You have to heavily select for intelligence and tool use via manual dexterity in a species that is highly social and thus can pass down & iterate on that knowledge. No other species on earth possesses this combination, they all fall short in one or more areas.

The solution to the fermi paradox is straightforward & twofold - we are rare, in that intelligent life does not typically take the form of tool users who build societies, and FTL travel is impossible. There are almost certainly other species like us in the galaxy but we are separated from each other by impossibly vast distances and timescales, never to meet.
>>
>>61492913
I believe that our rocks were buckled upwards by the major African and minor Adriatic plates.
So all we get is crab houses and sand for rocks, but even then, I have never seen a fossil in my entire life.
>>61493023
>Part 1
Yes, you are correct.
I didn't actually disagree with you in my post, I just wished to point out that we are not the only ones with intelligence just on our own planet.
>Part 2
I stated that I believe that I think we had a little too many trials and tribulations as life on this planet to see it being replicated in calm and old red dwarf systems that are going to be the majority of systems in existence in few billion years.
I mean, we had to be reset 5 times to get here.
>>
>>61485504
So what were those flying chariots in the bhagivad gita? Or how about the angels that showed up at valley forge?
>>
>>61493416
NTA but I don't think red dwarfs are likely to hold life - at least, not life like anything we can think of, and life that is unlikely to be particularly intelligent. the light is very dim so photosynthesis would be drastically less effective and a planet in the goldilocks zone would be tidally locked.

it's entirely possible that life circumvents either of those problems by evolving underground next to chemical vents and the like but that would almost certainly preclude them from space travel.

a planet this close to a red dwarf would also be way more likely to be hit by solar flares compared to a planet the equivilant distance away from say, an orange or yellow dwarf.

ultimately orange/yellow dwarfs provide the best possibility for sapient space-faring life with the information we have, even disregarding things like whether or not there's liquid water on the surface, because all the other types of stars are extremely disadvantageous to surface life.
>>
>>61494155
>NTA but I don't think red dwarfs are likely to hold life - at least, not life like anything we can think of, and life that is unlikely to be particularly intelligent
We can't disregard them.
>the light is very dim so photosynthesis would be drastically less effective and a planet in the goldilocks zone would be tidally locked.
Yeah, 1 to 0.1 percent of G-type. Not good.
>it's entirely possible that life circumvents either of those problems by evolving underground next to chemical vents and the like but that would almost certainly preclude them from space travel
We should find out in our lifetimes, Enceladus mission by ESA should wrap up by 2060 AFAIK.
>a planet this close to a red dwarf would also be way more likely to be hit by solar flares compared to a planet the equivilant distance away from say, an orange or yellow dwarf
Apart from normal ejection rates, red dwarfs seem to be exceptionally active stars that lash out quite more frequently than our star. But there is evidence that they do it mostly on their poles and not on the orbital plane.
>ultimately orange/yellow dwarfs provide the best possibility for sapient space-faring life with the information we have, even disregarding things like whether or not there's liquid water on the surface, because all the other types of stars are extremely disadvantageous to surface life.
Yes, they are and they are quite common still, around 25% of our galaxy is G and K types AFAIK.

Which makes me believe that I am still correct in my conclusion on the Fermi Paradox, that life is common but intelligence is not.
>>
>>61487064
i think the b36 is my favorite plane
>>
>>61494669
>b36 is my favorite plane
I'd read about. Seen the Jimmy Stewart movie several times. But I didn't fully grasp the size of the B36 until I stood near it. It's fucking huge.
> It was XBOX HUEG before there was such a thing as XBOX
>>
>>61494454
Life could be common, sure, but until we start properly exploring our own solar system we won't know. If we dig up bacteria on mars or undersea squids on Europa you can confidently boast for the rest of your life that you were in fact correct.

Of course, there's also the problem with our instruments being unable to properly map out planetary systems, so we have no idea how common planets even are.
>>
>>61494928
>If we dig up bacteria on mars or undersea squids on Europa you can confidently boast for the rest of your life that you were in fact correct.
Sorry, should have said "life is common but complex life is not".
>Of course, there's also the problem with our instruments being unable to properly map out planetary systems, so we have no idea how common planets even are.
Yeah, if the planet doesn't transit the star from our POV, might as well not exist.
But from what we see, planets outnumber stars in minimum of ×3.
>>
>>61485448
Anon, just a little North of Offutt Air Base in Nebraska, I saw the frame of this bird rotting in the bases junk yard as they were taking it apart 14 years ago.
Nothing lasts
>>
>>61488281
Ever hear of the Prison Theory?
>>
>>61486024
71 IQ rebuttle so I guess technically you win.

>nta
>>
File: LA-Speed-Check.jpg (1.54 MB, 1684x1900)
1.54 MB
1.54 MB JPG
>>61485448
Pretty good talk from Maj. Brain Shul, an SR-71 pilot. If you've heard the famous LA speed check about the SR-71 it was him and his GIB Walter Watson. They were an unlikely team, Brain being severely burned in a fighter crash in Nam, doctors thinking he wouldn't even live, let a lone go back to flying, and Walter being the first and only Black person to fly in the SR-71who was dyslexic and color-blind.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hFJMs15sVSY

Col. Walter Watson Jr

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d4Y1nl4K6Y0
>>
>>61485574
>>61485636
The energies involved in crossing between the stars are in themselves a kind of weapon.

Any alien species that wanted to conquer the planet and exterminate us at the same time would simply take care to ensure that their deceleration trajectory has them slowing down with our planet directly in front of them.
>if they're using something like an alcubierre drive then we'd get blasted with a giant dump of particles piled up in front of the warp bubble and accelerated to 99.99% of C
>if they're using more traditional sub-liminal methods of propulsion then they'd just scour the planet with the exhaust plume from their decelaration burn.
>>
>>61492709
>>61492913
I'm jelly of anyone who lives somewhere with interesting rocks, all I've got in my local area is quartzite and schist that is older than multicellular life. The larger geologic structures are very interesting but the individual rocks are boring. Much of this place was scraped clean by extensive glaciation that persisted from the Permian era through to the mid-Jurassic (South Australia was near the South Pole at the time).

At least I don't have to go far for interesting rocks. To the north are the Ediacaran Hills, to the south are the granite intrusions around Victor Harbor, and to the southeast are the limestone caves and sinkholes of Naracoorte and the dormant volcanic craton of Mount Gambier.
>>
>>61485520
Ancient Aliens brain rot
>>
>>61486112
>but it's not good for deep space
ree I don't like orbital refilling, the post
fucking hang yourself
>>
>>61488281
I think that if we ever find ET it's going to be close to us.
Not only due to how slowly radio waves propagate, but also because it's more likely to have systems with similar condition to ours near us rather than on the other side of galaxy.
I do think we are the most evolved species in the universe since out of all the other species on our planes we were the only one that manage to produce radio transmitters. But who knows
>>
>>61489680
Americans were a step behind the British, they were at the head of a lot of technological developments during the war. Atomic bombs were a joint effort, and the Germans were no where near getting those working
>>
File: Bell_X-22_ducted_fan.jpg (90 KB, 1000x558)
90 KB
90 KB JPG
don't mind me
>>
>>61489777
pinning tech on aliens is the retard equivalent of tribals attributing natural disasters to gods, they are too dumb to understand so it must be something other-worldly
>>
>>61489777
They did all of those to hide the fact they found ayyy's
>>
>>61485448
It really isn't when you learn more about it
>>
>>61485448
>American technology confuses thirdies so much that "it must be aliens" is the only thing that makes sense in their shit addled brains
>>
>>61485458
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12175195/Crashed-UFO-recovered-military-distorted-space-time.html

"
'They tried to hook a bulldozer to it to pull it out. And it pulled out a shape like a pie slice, almost like it was part of the way it was constructed,' Sheehan said.

'When it came loose a couple feet, they stopped immediately. They didn't want to destroy the integrity of the machine.

'They had a guy go into it. He got in there, and it was as big as a football stadium. It was freaking him out and started making him feel nauseous, he was so disoriented because it was so gigantic inside.

'It was the size of a football stadium, while the outside was only about 30 feet in diameter.'

Sheehan said that space was not the only warped dimension around the craft.

'He staggered back out after being in there a couple of minutes, and outside it was four hours later,' he said. 'There was all kinds of time distortion and space distortion.'

Physicists have theorized that propulsion of an advanced craft could theoretically involve warping space-time around it to negate the effects of gravity.
"
"
One gave a specific – but whacky – description of the alleged craft, saying it 'looked like a chopped up helicopter, with the front bubble of a Huey helicopter, with the plastic windows, or more like a deep sea submarine, with a thick piece of glass bubble shaped.'

'Where the tail rudder should have been, it was a black, egg-shaped pancake, and instead of landing gear it had upside-down rams horns that went from the top to the bottom and rested on the ends of the horns,' the source told Public.
"
>>
File: flying pantsus.jpg (59 KB, 854x470)
59 KB
59 KB JPG
>>61485448
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T_tAoo787q4
MISAKIII~ MEGURI NOOO~ BASU HAAA HASHIRUUU~
>>
>>61490484
Not to mention cells existed before life
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Micelle
>>
>>61485448
>1964 american aerospace engineering is outworldly to the 2024 retard
Toddlers naturally learn,
>what (You) know =/= what others know
It doesn't involve anything that we didn't know at the time, it was just a matter of applied math, science, phyics
>>
>>61485504
They've been around for much longer, even native Americans have tales of them that pre-date the arrival of Columbus to the American continent.
>>
>>61485448
Of all the things you could have picked to claim it was beyond human ability to build, you picked the most hilariously obviously human design ever.

>Leaks fuel like a sieve when on the ground because of huge thermal expansion gaps
>Needs an external starter motor that's mounted on a truck, and the motor is ripped straight out of a car
>Not manouevrable, just goes fast in a straight line
>Legendarily cramped
>Unable to carry useful sensors or weapons (yf12 fags gtfo) limited to recon
>Used only conventional, but expensive materials; no evidence of any complex hybrid materials etc

OP is a fucking idiot and should an hero for making a gay thread.
>>
>>61492970
Great, there goes my dreams of FTL communications.
>>
>>61501118
>https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12175195/Crashed-UFO-recovered-military-distorted-space-time.html
>Grusch also revealed tantalizing new details of his claims to Congress about the alleged UFO crash retrieval program in the Le Parisien interview.
>He said that 'members of the Five Eyes alliance, i.e. Canada, the UK, Australia and New Zealand' had been involved.
>And he even said that the earliest recovery he learned of was a 'bell-like craft' that supposedly crashed in northern Italy in 1933.
>'It was kept by Mussolini's government until 1944 when it was recovered by agents of the Office of Strategic Services [an historic US intelligence agency]. Ironically, it predates anything the public has heard about for decades, such as Roswell, etc.'
Die Glocke.
>>
>>61503833
>Unable to carry useful sensors or weapons (yf12 fags gtfo) limited to recon
Literally nothing more important than ISR sensors.
>>
File: 20240429.jpg (155 KB, 1920x1080)
155 KB
155 KB JPG
>>61485448
>blatant example of reverse engineered ET
How to say you failed at STEM without actually saying it...
>>
>>61485500
>the only thing sophisticated about the plane that cruises at mach 3 is the part that makes it cruise at mach 3
no shit
>>
>>61485520

How do retards square opinions like this with stuff like SpaceX rockets tandem landing themselves upright on their launch pads, generative AI going from complete garbage to something approximating human intellect in 10 years, warfare changing completely due to improved battery, sensor and electric motor technology (drones), and medicine that makes people not die from AIDS?

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.