[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/k/ - Weapons

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: hamdas-r-ham-robot.0.jpg (48 KB, 1200x800)
48 KB
48 KB JPG
What knife would be best for stabbing an armored drone? There have been times in 21st century combat when knives have been used effectively to stab vehicles and electrical lines powering defenses. Soon, terrestrial drones will flood the battlefield. Because of weight limitations, drones can only carry so much armor, if any, leaving them partially vulnerable to knife attacks.

Robots/drones may also someday carry bladed weapons since the weight of ammo and power requirements of energy weapons limit range and killing capacity. A light, fast robot with a knife would have greater range and kill without running out of ammo or power. There may come a time when humans will have to go mano-e-robo in a bladed battle to the death.

Consider also the robot turret or sentry gun. These would likely be heavily armored against bullets and shrapnel, but have stabbable weak points which could jam the gun or knock out the targeting sensors. What knives would be best here?
>>
File: 1712637589298887.jpg (36 KB, 450x373)
36 KB
36 KB JPG
>>61489219
>>
File: IMG_1388.jpg (240 KB, 1170x1887)
240 KB
240 KB JPG
Anyone have experience with JM Custom Kydex AIWB holsters?
>>
>>61489252
This is an unhelpful comment: nope, I do not but they look nice/functional.
>>
>>61489226
Yeah, well when SHTF and you helplessly empty your mag into a robot that's gonna stab you to death I'm gonna laugh at you while I'm plunging my blade into my 5th robot of the day, pulling it out, and licking the hydraulic fluid and coolant off.
>>
>>61489252
I have one with some of the custom options.

No complaints at all. Well made and their turnaround time estimate was pretty bang-on. Would recommend.

>>61489219
>>61489286
Any dagger made for stabbing through armored people should work as it's not that much of a leap to armored robots. Late medieval/renaissance era bollock daggers, rondel daggers, pesh-kabz, yoroidashi, etc. Minor differences between them, but principally they're all the same.
>>
>>61489252
I have one and I actually think it's great i have the wing claw 2.0 for the px4 compact with a tlr-7 sub, i carry it every day. I'm only 5'4 and I have no problems concealing it all day long with a t shirt, lean/muscular build, weigh about 130 lbs
>>
How does spicy Underwood/Buffalo Bore .40 compare to 10mm?

Obviously hot 10mm blows it out the water. Range 10mm/lite/FBI loads are comparable to the average forty. So is hot .40 like a standard power 10mm?
>>
>>61489219
>>61489286
>>61489299
If you could bring a liquid injecting knife, what liquid would you put in it to do the most amount of damage as quickly as possible to a robot?
Salt water to short anything your knife hole exposes? Some kind of acid?
Quick curing sticky foam to disable joints?
>>
>>61489286
5.56 FMJ blows through a quarter inch of steel.
>>
>>61489219
Would you stab this guy?
>>
File: IMG_1304.jpg (1.26 MB, 2139x1143)
1.26 MB
1.26 MB JPG
>>61489257
>>61489299
>>61489316
Thanks Anons, I’m going to order the AIWB claw 2.5.
>>
>>61489359
What if it's running at you?
>>
>>61489347
And what are the differences between a quarter inch piece of steel and an up-armored robot or drone?
>>
>>61489359
Yes, Shadow of the Colossus style.
>>
>>61489332
Most corrosive agents would also corrode the knife. Maybe an electrically conductive 5min epoxy? Carbon nanotubes are conductive and drastically increases the strength of epoxy. Maybe liquid gallium if the robots were aluminum.
>>
>>61489461
It's only about 10ft tall, and covered in spikes and sharp spikes and edges.
>>
>>61489486
*chainsaws and sharp spikes/edges
>>
>>61489329
Just look at the velocities and muzzle energies. My guess is the Underwood/BB .40 is closer to Fed/Speer/Win .40 than Underwood/BB 10mm is to Fed/Speer/Win 10mm. That is to say .40 isn't down-loaded like 10mm so you can't really up-load it much. 10mm is frequently down-loaded because most consoomers are babies, so there's a lot of room for up-loading it. "Standard power" 10mm isn't, it's significantly underpowered. Most .40 is about as hot as you can safely get it. So no.
>>
>>61489486
>>61489489
I'll wear gloves.
>>
File: B8rkm09CEAMoq35.jpg (54 KB, 1024x929)
54 KB
54 KB JPG
What is the upper size limit for a stealth plane? Could a stealth bomber larger than a B-36 exist?

Also, if stealth bombers and drones are triangular, would it be possible to have a series of smaller drones or planes that fit together and lock into one large drone/plane to save fuel? You get the advantages of many small aircraft and the advantages of one big aircraft.
>>
>>61489347
What if the robot has more than one quarter inch of steel?
>>
File: BK22B1BHBD_QR-341a2f44.jpg (264 KB, 1800x1000)
264 KB
264 KB JPG
My dad is currently daily carrying a 1" barrel Heritage Barkeep he keeps loaded with Aguila 22 short. He loved how cheap the thing was and I got him a birdhead back strap and grips for it. I never thought he would actually carry the thing, and never with 22 short. He claims the short barrel makes carrying 22lr pointless, and he refuses to take any of the hotter 22lr I've offered him.
How fucked is he if actually has to use it to defend himself?
>>
>>61489252
Tax the rich. She’s worth millions. ????
>>
>>61489676
She doesn't even meet upper class wealth requirements. You're just too poor to even begin to understand the difference between a millionaire and a billionaire who is a thousand times richer, and the top billionaires who are 70,000 to 212,000 times richer than a millionaire. Taxing just billionaires' capital gains at 25% alone would give everyone in the US universal healthcare and higher education.
>>
>>61489676
>>61489721
(And they'd still all remain billionaires.)
>>
>>61489721
>would give everyone in the US universal healthcare and higher education.
I'm a moderate: I believe in hanging both the rich and the poor
>>
>>61489544
Anybody?
>>
>>61489667
This is about as useful as a stick. .22 short from a rifle often won't pass through a squirrel. It will sting if he shoots an attacker, but it's unlikely .22 short out of a 1" barrel will reach any vitals, even with a headshot. I'm sorry, but if your dad is attacked he'll likely shoot someone 3 times and they'll simply beat him to death. And it will be your dad's fault for refusing to learn or listen.
>>
>>61489721
Michael Bloomberg spent $300mil of his own money on his American health initiative.
I counter he could have given every single American a college education with that fund. I further counter a nation of college educated would do much more for this country than giving more money to hospitals.
But the rich don't want us better.
>>
Im using ammoseek, but I am curious to where you guys usually get your ammo online? I'm looking for .22 for my tacticool ruger, shells for my Burger 500, 9mm for my PDP F, and eventually 5.56/.223. The shells can be from shorties to 3". What do you look for in a seller and what brands do you recommend?
>>
>>61489544
>>61489855
I am not an expert by any means, but here's my take:
The practical limit for size of passive stealth features is likely going to be dependent on what radar systems you expect to have to deal with. You also have to consider RCS from various profiles.
The US military opted for ordnance that's long range and stealthy, so I'm willing to bet that's generally more efficient/feasible.
That said, there's not a theoretical upper limit with active measures, assuming those active measures are actually capable of standing on their own instead of as one layer of stealth. We still don't know for sure what the B-2 does, only that the crew does *something* once they're in the air.
There was some Aussie lecturer talking about having a skin full of ionized gas that could do funny things with signals, which is the only serious academic source for that kind of shenanigans I've been able to find.
>>
>>61490037
>. .22 short from a rifle often won't pass through a squirrel.
That is absolutely retarded. Now don't get me wrong, I'm not suggesting that little revolver is a good defensive gun, but the idea that a .22 short out of a rifle isn't lethal or won't go through a squirrel is fucking absurd.
>>
>>61490281
>What do you look for in a seller
The price, the shipping costs, and whether they're known or some new popup scammer--same shit as looking for anything else online.

>Brands
You'll figure out what brands you prefer for various guns. What's more important than brand is the type of ammo you're buying. It's expensive AF to plink with expensive hunting or match ammo, likewise it's pretty dumb to go hunting with FMJs. Nobody can give you a meaningful ammo recommendation without knowing what it's for. Even then you'll have to do some experimentation to figure out what performs best in your guns. When you get a new gun pick a couple different brands of ammo based on the application and try them out, see what performs the best in your guns. Once you know that you can seek out that specific ammo in the future.
>>
>>61489544
>What is the upper size limit for a stealth plane?
There isn't one. This isn't binary. Any object in the sky has a given radar return. The bigger the object the bigger the return. "Stealth" features like special geometry or radar-absorbing coatings reduce the return but they don't eliminate it. Whether or not the aircraft can be detected is whether or not the radar in question can pick out the return from background clutter. You can't answer this question generally, it all depends on the specifics.

>Could a stealth bomber larger than a B-36 exist?
Yes.

>would it be possible to have a series of smaller drones or planes that fit together and lock into one large drone/plane to save fuel?
Could they lock together? Sure. Would that fuck their stealth function while in that configuration? Probably, but I honestly don't know enough to say for certain. You also get a big disadvantage: if the enemy were to strike the drones while they're docked together they could take out all of them at once.
>>
>>61489332
I don't think an "injecting" knife would be of all that much use against a robot. IRL acids aren't like those in movies, they take far too long to act to be of any use, and assuming the robots developers aren't morons the electronics inside will be potted anyway which means the acid won't be directly contacting anything metal anyway. That applies to trying to cause shorts as well--you might as well make whatever fluid you use conductive because why not, but the chance of it actually making contact with something important is low. Rapidly expanding quick curing foam is not a bad idea, I don't think the chance of it blocking a joint is very good but it absolutely could fuck any kind of air cooling the robot needed. A computer doesn't run for shit if the CPU fan & heatsink are all gummed up.

Instead of putting something *in* the robot, how about putting something on the exterior of the robot. Paint fucks cameras and IR sensors. If the paint contains the right substances it can block RF as well, blocking communication the robot might have.
>>
File: 1000001364.jpg (2.35 MB, 4032x3024)
2.35 MB
2.35 MB JPG
>>61490037
.22 short still travels about 700 fps out of pistol barrels, they're literal varmint rounds. they will pass through a squirrel. I wouldn't expect more than 5" of penetration tho so I still would NOT recommend it for self defense, but yeah it still has a chance to hit something vital.
>>
>>61490037
https://youtu.be/OdmpFWzMulY?si=yzPhyX374_UAlwDw
CCI high velocity out of 1 1/8" barrel passes through 7" of ballistics gel, obviously not "enough" but definitely capable of killing someone
>>
My mom wants me to take her shooting for Mother's day. She has a .38 Special Revolver, which she's fired, but hasn't been shot in over 10 years. She also has a shotgun that she got about the same time, which she has never shot.

Firstly, is the ammo that they bought ~10 years ago still good to shoot? Anything to look for in the shotgun shells or ammo that would be an indicator of unsafe ammo?

Secondly, how safe would the guns be to shoot without cleaning them prior to going out to shoot?
>>
>>61490860
>is the ammo that they bought ~10 years ago still good to shoot?
Yes, as long as it isn't damaged, ammo keeps a hell of a lot longer than 10 years.
>Anything to look for in the shotgun shells or ammo that would be an indicator of unsafe ammo?
Visual indicators like corrosion or general damage are all you're going to have to look for.
>Secondly, how safe would the guns be to shoot without cleaning them prior to going out to shoot?
You said she never shot the shotgun, so that should be fine. Unless the revolver is overly fouled to it effecting the action, it's fine. Sounds like the poor thing hasn't been cleaned in a decade tho.
>>
In WW2 with the kangaroo APCs, how did those work. I'm not all that familiar with tanks but from what I understand internal space is at a bit of a premium, so how did they manage to fit 8-12 guys into one?
>>
>>61489359
>RULES OF NATURE
>>
Used Gunbroker for the first time earlier this week, first time using any online auction site. I googled and asked friends who used it for literal hours first and sent the guy a USPS money order but I have zero idea how long it's supposed to take, the guy is literally 70 according to one of his other listings and not the best at communicating over email. Realistically at what point should I be concerned? Checked his reviews and he has like 169 positive, some of which are from users with thousands of positive reviews.
>>
>>61490860
>Firstly, is the ammo that they bought ~10 years ago still good to shoot?
Almost certainly yes, ammo lasts for decades unless it's stored in outdoor conditions.

>Anything to look for in the shotgun shells or ammo that would be an indicator of unsafe ammo?
Anything dangerous will be obvious. If there's tons of corrosion because Mom stored the ammo in a wet basement that might be cause for concern.

>Secondly, how safe would the guns be to shoot without cleaning them
If the guns were stored somewhere where there's bugs and shit like a garage or a shed then check and make sure nothing built a nest plugging up the barrel. If the guns were stored properly there's no risk.
>>
>>61491817
>but I have zero idea how long it's supposed to take
How long what is supposed to take? You mailing the money order to him? That depends on what mail method you picked when you sent him the money order. Regular mail sucks donkey cock right now, it could easily take a couple weeks for him to get it. Priority or Express are fast. You ought to be able to track the letter you sent so you know if/when he got it.
Beyond that, 1-5 business days is pretty normal turnaround time, plus however long it takes for the item to get shipped--that's also a variable: how far away is this guy and what shipping method did you agree on? If this was USPS snail mail both ways it could take a month.

>Realistically at what point should I be concerned?
If what he tells you doesn't match what the tracking says.
>>
>>61492232
I was just curious about the money order mainly, I've been tracking it and it still hasn't been redeemed yet, just being paranoid I suppose. I was also curious about the Gunbroker side on when I should confirm payment, I assume it's when he tells me he has it.
He's in Alabama, I'm in Idaho.
I feel I should mention I screenshotted fucking everything, his entire product description, every email, the money order itself, the receipt, all of it. So hopefully if it does go South I wont be boned.
>>
>>61492454
>I've been tracking it and it still hasn't been redeemed yet
That doesn't mean anything, he might let it sit on his desk for months while he's already shipped your gun.

> I was also curious about the Gunbroker side on when I should confirm payment
That's the moment you've mailed the MO.

Forget about the status of the MO. Track the letter you mailed the MO to him in. Has he received that yet? That's how you know if the letter is just sitting in the post office or if he's the one dragging his feet. If he's had your MO for a long time (say, over a week), and you haven't heard from him then I'd be wondering what was up.
>>
>>61489329
Buffalo bore 180gr .40 advertises making 1100fps from a 5in test gun. 180gr 10mm makes 1300 from the same length. Their 200gr "heavy outdoorsman" is just an original norma spec load at 1200fps from a 5in gun. For spicy .40, roll your own. A 180gr rnfp over 9.8 gr VV 3n38 will make ~1225fps out of a glock 27. You'll get bulged cased with gen 1-3 glocks, gen 4 & 5 have better chamber support. Grab a styer m40 or USP 40 if you get serious about hot .40s. 155s and 165s can easily hit 1350fps with the right load, light stuff like 135s will go over 1400fps.
>>
>>61492643
Sorry, from a glock 23. I carry both pretty regularly, and always mix up the numbers because I am a tard who thinks big number=big gun.
>>
boomp
>>
>>61490112
>pay for a college education for everyone in America with 300 million
Bro, if you assume a 4 year degree is 50k, which is what you might pay at a tiny state college, that’s only enough to pay for 6,000 people.
>>
>>61490353
“Lethal” means jack fucking shit. A pebble from a slingshot could be lethal. Reliably and consistently lethal is what matters, and .22 short/lr/magnum is not.
>>
I've heard from a few places about some kind of jammer used by the US in the gulf war that alledgedly made people ill if they were near it and some troops had fears it would give you cancer or something along those lines. And so I was wondering why it would have that effect on people, because I wasn't able to find much on the topic
>>
What are some good /k/ museums on the east coast?
>>
out of curiousity, is there any reason a firework shell couldnt be elongated and fired out of a rifled mortar instead of a normal smoothbore one? in this way, i could fire a conical firework shell thats as much as 3-4 times as large while staying stable in flight
>>
>>61494690
its made of cardboard retard, the rifling would just shred it
>>
>>61494702
firstly, i'd probably use something much stronger than cardboard, like plastic or paper mache
second, i'd be using polygonal rifling specifically, there would be no sharp edges
it also doesnt have to grip into the rifling just as long as the pressure passes through the grooves since that'd be enough to spin it
>>
>>61494463
>. Reliably and consistently lethal
>>61490037
>he'll likely shoot someone 3 times and they'll simply beat him to death
Those are statistical statements.
Okay, what are the statistics comparing the three rounds you specified, to other pistol rounds in lethality and likelyhood that someone using them for defense will be "beaten to death" after hitting three times?
>>
File: IMG_1144.jpg (1.07 MB, 4032x3024)
1.07 MB
1.07 MB JPG
Is it me or is my new 507c reticle pointing like 2-3 degrees off center. I’m probably just retarded and not looking through optic correctly but this triggers my autism
>>
File: Fi2hPcNWAAED-Vq.jpg (178 KB, 1280x853)
178 KB
178 KB JPG
Anyone ever put a SCAR in an ultrasonic?
I know you're not supposed to put aluminum stuff into an ultrasonic because it can strip paint off of it and or cause pitting, but I'm at my wits end trying to clean spray paint off of the thing
>>
>>61489676
>Ocasio-Cortez’s most recent financial disclosure, filed in 2021, shows she had between $3,003 and $45,000 in assets, including her 401k pension plan, and owed at least $15,000 in student debts.
Nah, nigga.
>>
>>61495961
I remember reading somewhere someone used Citrustrip and it didn’t hurt anything, google around and see about that maybe you’ll find what I read a while back
>>
>>61495976
I'm flat fucking broke living in a rentoid apartment and I'm worth more than that. She's a senator making $175k a year. She's fucking lying.
>>
File: 1706823102328833.png (98 KB, 478x629)
98 KB
98 KB PNG
does anyone know of any ludicrously expensive weapon modifications with actual benefits? im thinking something like a firing pin made of of the hardest metal known to man (diamond), or such. like you get a trillion dollars and an m16 and you cant add attachments to it, but you can change the materials and such. gold plating a gun, not for the bling, but because gold is pretty much inert, sorta thing
>>
>>61496463
Why do you think a particularly hard firing pin would do anything?
Why do you think picatinny rails couldn't be made of gold?
>>
>>61496463
well, a clothes hanger is worth $100k according to the ATF
>>
File: clueless-meme.gif (88 KB, 498x437)
88 KB
88 KB GIF
>>61496740
>Why do you think a particularly hard firing pin would do anything
doesnt wear out?
>Why do you think picatinny rails couldn't be made of gold?
solid gold is kinda malleable, probably wouldnt be good, but plating them might be useful?

i literally dont know. hence me asking in the qttdtot (questions that dont deserve their own thread) thread. you have a trillion bucks, and you can only replace the firing pin in your rifle. what do you do. now take that logic, and apply it to an entire gun.
>>
File: 1576724080761.jpg (4 KB, 237x213)
4 KB
4 KB JPG
>>61495961
95+% isopropyl alcohol will strip most spray paints.
Normally I'd recommend you try LA's Totally Awsome, it's a sodium hydroxide-based cleaner with a shitload of surfactants that lifts pretty much everything but etching primers very quickly. Mostly inert on plastic and tin. Problem is it's can be extremely aggressive on some metals, so I would be very careful and test it on a non-working surface before you commit.
>>
>>61496886
Short version: Diamond shatters incredibly easily along fracture planes most metals don't have. Hardened steel is a very cheap, very effective alternative with controllable properties.

Plating one metal with a dissimilar one can induce something called "galvanic corrosion". Gold doesn't do that so much, but other metals can. Unfortunately gold also wears quickly, and a layer of it thick enough to have corrosion benefits would add significantly to the weight of a gun over just relying on exotic surface treatments. You could do silly things like perfectly hand-fit the gun, make it out of extremely high-performance alloys, attack known wear points and all that, but most "bling" things are actively detrimental to the gun's long-term function as a gun.
>>
>>61496951
well, i have been "educated", as the cool kids on the block describe it. so what would you do. trillion bucks. firing pin. what.
>>
>>61492193
>ammo lasts for decades unless it's stored in outdoor conditions
Facts. However...
I found two full boxes of .22 shotshells my neighbor left outside for two years. The boxes were sun bleached mush, and the plastic trays were full of water. I took them home and laid out the rounds on a bath towel by my wood stove. They were shootable 3-4 days later, and I've never had one fail to fire.

Once water is inside a more tightly sealed round like a modern centerfire rifle round it's probably much harder to dry out than a .22 shotshell, but I bet given enough drying time (and if the brass didn't weaken from corrosion) even waterlogged centerfire ammo could theoretically be made shootable again.
>>
>>61489721
It is impossible to redistribute wealth via capital taxes. You end up with a smaller income for everybody.
>>
>>61496997
Probably something incredibly retarded like making the entire gun out of steel alloyed from chunks of meteoritic iron, and then paying one of those mad European wizards to hand-engrave it all to look like python leather.
Also I would absolutely, 100% have custom loads developed for gold bullets, and then spend the rest of the cash lobbying to overturn the NFA so it could be full-auto instead of paying the tax stamp.
>>
File: 1705788646526964.jpg (167 KB, 756x768)
167 KB
167 KB JPG
>>61489721
How about the government just stop stealing the middle class' money to feed brown and we become an overnight utopia.

>Muh higher education
Every college on the planet should be bulldozed and returned to nature.

You don't own a gun and your people have been the greatest enemy of gun rights globally and domestically. Single issue board, cocksleeve.
>>
Anyone know where I can find accurate CAD files or internal dimensions for an Aug A3M1 stock? If not, anyone know where I can find the disassembled halves of an Aug stock? From the factory they screw and weld two halves together down the middle, but there’s no way I can think of to split these halves without destroying a stock. I’m interested in designing an improved nato stock that uses an AR FCG (and safety) to make the trigger not suck balls
>>
>>61496888
You cant use hydroxide based products on aluminium, it will remove passivation and dissolve aluminium. A solvent based paint stripper or nail polish remover can work, last is neutral and wont mess Alu. 1st needs be be checked on msds under pH
>>
>>61489567
5.56 M855A1
>>
Is there a reason why the French went with a fin and rocket booster set up for the AASM "Hammer" as opposed to either copying/buying the popout wings of JDAM-ER?
>>
>>61489567
Show me the robot that can carry that much armor across a significant amount of it's body and still carry weapons and move further than twenty feet.
That's not a robot, that's a light tank with remote controls bolted on.
>>
>>61489252
I hate Chicagoans so goddman much.
>>
>>61489721
This is extremely anti-semitic.
>>
Where to cop a 20 inch criterion core 223 wylde barrel that's actually in stock?
>>
File: IMG_1387.jpg (457 KB, 2048x1536)
457 KB
457 KB JPG
>>61500435
How about liberals?
>>
>>61501107
What's the snake flag say?
Also for the longest time I've wanted to get a bunch of these kinds of stickers and just decorate some random car in a parking lot like this
>>
>>61501107
What kind of level of delusion do you have to be on to believe any of this crap?
>>
>>61501196
You can attach the bumper stickers to magnetic sheet and put them on cars, like Cart Narcs. When I was in college my friends and I went around with Trump and Hillary stickers and placed the over their counterparts on cars…fun memories.
>>
>>61489219
Hey mods...you're faaaagggoooot troons. xD
>>
Are pistol braces blanket legal again yet? I want to build my tacticool 9mm AR already.
>>
File: goodbye.jpg (261 KB, 900x506)
261 KB
261 KB JPG
>>61489359
>>61489364
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pbiiHLn0n3E&ab_channel=PalmettoStateArmory
What think?
>>
>>61502251
I think they should have introduced the 570 rather than the stupid 5.7 thing.
>>
Where can I get a good quality smersh rig? I know kommando store has one coming out, but it's $300 and won't come out for another few months. And what plate carrier would work well with it?
>>
>>61502682
Have you considered throwing yourself into a volcano instead, you fucking faggot?
>>
>>61495976
She makes 174k a year. You’re a fucking retard if you think all she has is a few thousand dollars to her name.
>>
>>61496123
>>61502782
She's a fucking spic. Even with jew accountants, that dumb cunt is going to blow all of her money on irrelevant bullshit, without ever saving a dime or planning for the future. Well, particularly with jew accountants, as they'll like take a huge cut.
>>
Rossi 92 or a Henry big boy? I'm looking at either .357 or .44 magnum and there's not much I'm going to be doing with it beyond some target shooting at the moment but in the coming years I'll be moving up to Alaska and probably bring it with me on any hikes as a just in case
>>
File: IMG_1299.jpg (276 KB, 2500x1164)
276 KB
276 KB JPG
I bought an old Bausch-Lomb scope and scope assembly to go along with my Model 70. I was having some trouble putting it on and was told that there is supposed to be a spring on the plunger that I circled here. I can’t find anything online that would back that up though so I’m not sure. Any thoughts?
>>
Could I run buckshot and slugs through my old Remington Model 11? I know anything that’s not lead shot isn’t recommended, but are lead buck and slugs in that group?
>>
File: IMG_8510.jpg (114 KB, 1024x877)
114 KB
114 KB JPG
>>61501107
>>
File: 36-Most-Decorated-Ship.jpg (258 KB, 1430x735)
258 KB
258 KB JPG
>>61494610
>What are some good /k/ museums on the east coast?

There are a huge number of museums and exhibits on the east coast. Ones I've been to and liked: Patriots point naval museum in Charleston South Carolina, The Norfolk Virginia Battleship and various planes on exhibit. Washington DC has a huge number of museums including national air and space, There are loads of civil war battlefields around north Virginia and South PA. Philadelphia has battleship New Jersey and a few other ships, New Jersey has plenty of revolutionary war battle fields, New York has the carrier Intrepid and west point, Connecticut has the submarine force museum.
>>
File: 930.jpg (183 KB, 1702x552)
183 KB
183 KB JPG
I've just recently cured my nogunsitis, for now I just have a gas-operated shotgun though.

What is the essential tool/lube/solvent/etc list for basic gun maintenance? I likely already have all the essentials just from doing machine shop work, but for the purposes of this post just pretend I have a gun and literally 0 tools or oils and am starting from scratch.
>>
File: 1713094754342809.jpg (27 KB, 480x360)
27 KB
27 KB JPG
>>61489219
Totally unrelated but I needed to share this thing with someone.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mt5--zfa3k8
>>
>>61496888
>>61499104
>been using that shit at past couple jobs
>it's fucking lye
LOL no wonder it smells so strong when you spray it holy shit
>>
>>61502934
I've done it with mine, just set it to a high recoil setting, assuming you have a regular barrel. Slugs are ok even from full chokes, be careful with roubd balls as they do not conpress as much and can cause bulging. If you have a cutts or select-a-choke, buck is ok but not slugs. Look for loads with traditional stacked wads (fiocchi makes some) rather than finger wads, those can hang in cutts/lyman comp chokes. You can shoot slugs and buck both from a cutts by unthreading the choke from the comp and shooting like that since there's nothing in the path of the projectiles/ shot cup.
>>
>>61494561
Humans (and living things in general) don't respond well to microwave energy. Look into directed energy area denial systems used by military and law enforcement. Same principles, except in this case it is a feature, not a bug.
>>
File: 1693347462254847.jpg (36 KB, 660x372)
36 KB
36 KB JPG
>>61502186
AFAIK yes. PSA is even planning an AR15 DOE 9mm pistol with brace.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rjgw2kJF_5Y
>>
>>61502926
Maybe ask some vintage scope seller? I'd just email them and ask if something is missing and if it is if they have any of that missing part. Like https://www.vintagegunscopes.com/ who repair and refurb a lot of scopes. Never bought anything from them but they seem to do a lot of work on a ton of various scopes; they always come up when I search Weaver scopes.
>>
File: 12342.jpg (20 KB, 624x302)
20 KB
20 KB JPG
>>61489219
What is this?
>>
>>61503355
>I likely already have all the essentials just from doing machine shop work
I literally use whatever white lithium grease I have for grease (CRC) and whatever oil I have for oil as long as I know it won't fuck up coatings, paint, or plastic on said gun. Or buy Lubeanon's oil (this guy >>61499104 ) which is supposed to be pretty good. Still need to buy some. Flat fucking broke for the past couple months unfortunately.
>>
>>61503572
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/UK_vz._59
>>61503355
You'll need a cleaning rod, 12ga brush, jag for patches, solvent and oil. A basic all in one kit would have all of those things.
>>61502934
Should be fine, but make sure your ammunition is really 2 3/4" long as some European shells are slightly over that length. Also remember to set your friction rings for high powered ammunition.
>>61502910
I would take the Rossi because I have a seething hatred for Henry. It's cheaper and the odds of getting a lemon aren't any worse.
>>
>>61503553
Das a nice looking brace and just keeps showing how dumb the SBR laws are to begin with.
>>
>>61503740
What issues have you had with Henry in the past?
>>
>>61503826
Fractured buttstock.
Fractured forestock.
Warped buttstock.
Rust.
Action binding up on open.
Action binding on closing.
Tube not feeding.
Front sight falling off.
Non-functional loading gate.

This is from a number of different rifles I have had to send back in my short time working in the gun industry so far, and most have been fine, but there is an unusually high percentage of defective rifles out of the box given how hard they market on "American made quality". I've had less problems with Kel-Tec products.
>>
File: IMG_1390.jpg (273 KB, 1920x1080)
273 KB
273 KB JPG
>>61502994
Anyone got a good kamando bumper sticker car?
>>
File: Concerned.jpg (26 KB, 497x372)
26 KB
26 KB JPG
When cleaning modern firearms that use smokeless powder do you actually NEED solvent to clean the bore or can you just run alternating oiled patches and a copper brush down the bore until the patches come out clean? Also how autistic do I REALLY need to be when cleaning modern smokeless guns? I have a bunch of milsurp I might shoot and then put it away for a couple of months and I'm always scared if I miss some fouling while cleaning it will corrode the bore when I put it away. For reference I store most of my guns in a cabinet in a dehumidified finished basement.
>>
>>61489721
You have to go back.
>>
>>61489721
>Taxing just billionaires' capital gains at 25% alone would give everyone in the US universal healthcare and higher education.
Why would they stay in the US if they were suddenly being taxed a higher rate than any other developed nation?
>>
>>61490587
Hey anon how did you paint the IWI Jericho? I like the look. Seems to be actual paint; I see the 3D effect of the light on the ridges of the black splatter behind the trigger under the safety. I like the look.
>>
>>61489721
The real redpill everyone is too stupid or scared of taking is that CORPORATE capital gains are where the real money is. Democrats just want to raise individual income taxes because it gives them more ways to control the goy cattle. Corporations are tools to extract wealth from an economy and they cannot simply get up and move like a person can if they wish to continue to do business in a host nation. The US economy is the most fertile for growth in the world and corporations WILL stay here even if heavily taxed because it means they can break off a chunk of the American equity market to funnel into their Jewish leadership's salaries and bonuses. They're hooked on American markets like a smack addict on China white and they won't care if the landlord raises the rent a little. Tax corporate income and repeal the individual income tax for people who make under a million a year.
>>
I have a spare lower to use and have been thinking about getting either a BRN 180 or JAKL upper for it. To someone who has either, which should I do? I've been thinking about getting the 180 in 7.62 since I have a bunch of ammo, but I've heard negative things about brownells. I know PSA had a 7.62 JAKL for a SHOT show like 2 or 3 years ago, but who knows if/when they'll actually release it. Wouldnt be opposed to buying it in 5.56
>>
>>61503553
Bitchin'. I've been wanting to make one with a VLTOR quad-rail and a Maxim CQB brace.
>>
>>61504315
Cleaning the bore without solvent sucks. You can do it with a brush and dry patches but that takes forever. Imagine washing your hands properly without soap. Some light oils like WD-40 make an okay solvent but they aren't all that effective compared to something meant for the job.
Now that said, there's nothing dangerous to the gun about leaving the bore fouled, so long as we are talking modern cartridges. It will just be dirty in storage but it won't get worse. It's only black powder and cartridges with corrosive primers (some kinds of milsurp) that you must clean promptly or the resulting corrosion will wreck the barrel. And in those cases solvent isn't the critical thing--you must clean black powder & corrosive primer fouling with water to remove the corrosive residues, oil and solvents won't work.
>>
>>61503526
>>61503740
Mine is just a full improved modified choke. I appreciate the input. I have noticed that the cap that keeps the recoil spring and rings on is very tight but I think that’s just due to it not being unscrewed in god knows how long.
>>
File: cleaned.jpg (1.37 MB, 2480x2800)
1.37 MB
1.37 MB JPG
>>61503582
>Flat fucking broke for the past couple months unfortunately.
We reduced prices (nano-arms.com) and work on cleaners now. Whenever I have a few bucks, I loose it for chemicals, its a death circle.
>>
>>61503566
I appreciate the link, I sent an email like you suggested.
>>
>>61497578
Had 150 rounds of flood damaged 9mm that had been in sea water for 3-4 months before i got to it. they were actually still wet since it was in a plastic tub.
3/5 still went bang after using steel wool to knock off the rust so they would feed. though i tossed out maybe 10 or 20 that looked compromised after the steel wool.
>>
>>61504529
I literally sprayed a bunch of paint on cardboard, stuck my finger in, and flicked the paint on. also used a sponge. just Rust-Oleum camo colors. ty
>>
>>61489219
I would like a revolver at some point but I don't want to add a new caliber to my storage to have to think about. Is there a reason 9mm revolvers seem more rare? Are they less functional somehow or is it just tradition? Thanks, I'll take my answer off the air.
>>
>>61507865
They are fine, it's just that most people don't want to deal with moon clips and sometimes, because if the way automatic cartridges are taper crimped rather than roll crimped, they are more susceptible to the bullets walking out of the case due to recoil. If you don't plan on carrying it, go for it. They are great range toys! Moon clips make reloads so much faster and easier, but be sure to buy a bunch of extras because if they bend, they stop working correctly.
>>
>>61507865
>Are they less functional somehow
most of them need moonclips
you can hand chamber fire them without the clips but then they dont eject like they would normally
theres other minor inconveniences, the traditionalism, and most importantly price oh yeah i want a 9mm that holds 6 and costs 700s vs a normal pistol holding 3 times that for the same price or hell a hipoint with 10 for 200.
>>
>>61507853
Damn, that's neat. I liked the sponge so much I tried it myself but I'll have to try flicking paint on next time a piece of my hunting gear needs some paint. I also used the Rustoleum camo paints with a couple added colors to fill out the palette for woods use (browns, tans, minimal green). Looks a lot better than my attempt.
>>
File: 1000000971.jpg (1.19 MB, 1032x1437)
1.19 MB
1.19 MB JPG
>>61508159
my shit stick also has similar camo just with a palm stencil I made out of painters tape too
>>
>>61503545
I remember ages ago Discovery or History channel or something was doing one of their XTREME FUTURE TECH WEAPONS bits and were showing some microwave nonlethal riot control thing that was basically a fuckhuge microwave emitter on a Humvee that makes anyone in a huge cone it's aiming in feel like they're on fire because they're being fucking microwaved, (apparently not actually doing harm to people beyond sunburn type stuff). Makes me wonder if that same tech has been upgraded to the point it can just fucking cook drones with microwaves in a huge cone of area denial. That was ages ago, so surely the tech has advanced a lot assuming it wasn't just shelved when someone pointed out microwaving rioters might come off as a bit of a dick move.
>>
Why don't we add more weight to the ar bolt? If I want a more reliable system, shouldn't I over gas and add weight to the back of the bolt? I don't care about soft shooting, I just want a tank of a rifle but haven't seen this done.
>>
>>61489219
I want to load my double barrel shotgun with two hotdogs and shoot them. The goal is for the hotdogs to launch out of the barrel, but stay in tact. I figure if I open the shells and dump out the shot/powder and leave the primes, that should be enough, but would it be? I assume if I leave the powder in it would obliterate the glizzies and I'd just spray meat mulch. For the desired effect I want them to go at least 20 feet but stay together. I'll test them by shooting at a squirrel before the real use
>>
Trying to finally get an SBR, and I'm a retard who needs help. Starting with the fingerprint cards, https://www.nationalguntrusts.com/products/atf-compliant-fd-258-fingerprint-cards-nfa-gun-trusts?variant=32203150327878 which do I get? Is there anything else that could give me trouble, or is the form 1 relatively simple? I'm planning to do it electronically.
>>
>>61508520
Make a hot dog sabot. A normal dog may be a bit too long, but you could do Vienna Sausages.
>>
onyong, is the red light disteict still operational in -the ville- ?
>>
>>61507557
You're welcome. Imp Mod is great for slugs, I've found it to be the most accurate choke for them once you find a load your gun likes. Model 11s are good stuff, hope you have safe & happy shooting.
>>
>>61508261
That's the one I was referring too. A lot of people reported dizziness and nausea during testing. I don't know much about drones, but it would seem logical to me that broad-spectrum EM interference would cause problems if they weren't hardened in some way. No clue if microwaves would mechanically damage them though, as I recall, the riot control systems were pretty low powered, and elicited pain compliance rather than causing more than superficial harm (which was the whole point of those systems). Would be neat to see local energy weapon area defenses, though I think the current emphasis is on lasers that can hard kill small targets.
>>
>>61508520
I would suggest after dumping the shot and powder, put the shot cup back in, seated fully against the primer, to buffer the dogs and prevent the primers from exploding them, and make sure the dogs are fully seated in the cups as well. Make a video for us, please. I don't currently have a break action or I would try some dog launching myself.
>>
>>61509693
Gotcha. If I can make it work I'll post a webm
>>
>>61507865
>Is there a reason 9mm revolvers seem more rare? Are they less functional somehow or is it just tradition?
To clarify about moonclips -- 9mm is a rimless round. Almost all revolvers use rimmed cartridges. They're easier to retain in the cylinder in exactly the right position for firing, and much easier to eject quickly. So rimless rounds need a special adapter that clips onto the base of several bullets at a time and effectively gives them a fake rim.
>>
>>61489219
>Because of weight limitations, drones can only carry so much armor
Doggos can carry 60kg and the humanoid ones carry 100kg. They can fully armor and also deploy a facial recognition driven weapon system without compromise.
>>
>>61513664
>the humanoid ones carry 100kg.
I simply don't believe you, and even if I did, how far? Let me guess, ten million miles.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.