[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/k/ - Weapons

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1696793995597.jpg (134 KB, 1021x1280)
134 KB
134 KB JPG
Could the South have won if they had had a single F-14?
>>
No.
>>
The only way the south could have won is if someone traveled back in time and scalped robert e lee before he ordered his men to their deaths.
>>
File: IMG_4662.jpg (35 KB, 800x450)
35 KB
35 KB JPG
>>61491413
*scalping the likes of Henry Clay and John Calhoun
>>
>>61491279
>no runways (concrete runways specifically)
>no aviation fuel
>no AGMs, JDAMs, or even dumb bombs
>no radios
>no pilots
>no JTACs

An entire fleet of Tomcats would have been useless to the Confederate cause and I say this as a Southerner.

>>61491413

Calm down Longstreet
>>
>>61491279
They would need AK-47 schematics and the process for making the ammunition with smokeless gunpowder.
Two factories or more.
>>
>>61491597
AK-47 wont save them from marching uphill into a well fortified gun line.
>>
>>61491508
This. Imagine an alien shows up and gives you his UFO to destroy China with. No instructions. No supplies. Just drops it off and fucking leaves. By the time you figure out how to turn the damn thing on the war was won conventionally
>>
>>61491643
The whole point is to avoid that sort of static troop slaughtering warfare that the North had the men and supplies to fight.
Having companies of cavalry with the firepower of a division in your rear areas ensures those gun lines will run out of ammo and food quickly.
>>
>>61491699
Youre a fool if you think Lee will unfuck himself and reinvent warfare. As long as Lee lives, the south was doomed.
>>
All the South needed was for Lee to suddenly explode into a million pieces and for Longstreet to take charge.
>>
>>61491751
Lee never wanted that war and his grief when he had to order those boys up that hill to end it was immeasurable but it was past the point he could let it carry on
>>
>>61491943
samefag
The ghost of Lee just asked me to apologize for that remark, so I am sorry I wrote that lie General Lee, please forgive me". He also said Whatever his faults he was a man of honor first and above all
>>
>>61491279
realistically if you just flew it over the battlefield everyone would probably pack it up and go home
>>
The US should have invaded Canada in 1859. Imagine the kino. It'd be like DH Hill said.
>Give me Yankee artillery and Rebel infantry and I can conquer the world.
>>
>>61491508
>implying they had the hangar and supplies to refuel, stock and repair the F-14
Would it be enough to turn the war?
>>
>>61492268
F-14 is a pointless aircraft, you want a slow ground-attack aircraft, not a high speed interceptor.
An F-14 could do it but a Super Tucano or any light cessna trainer would be infinitely more valuable.
Instead of putting paveways on F-14s, use gunpods, hydra pods and rockeyes on a Super Tucano for far more effect and it's still going to be comfortably above anything that ground forces of the time could throw up at them.

One decent COIN aircraft with armament would be sufficient. It's combat radius would cover most of the theatre and it could bomb enemy political centres and encampments at will.
And good luck keeping an army encamped in the field in blackout conditions, it will be easily spotted at night and bombed no matter how they tried to hide.
>>
>>61491597
do they have the metallurgy?
>>
>>61491279
>>61491508
what if every officer gets a cyborg horse that can run 50mph all day?
>>
>>61491279
What if someone traveled back in time and torpedoed any and all incoming slave ships to the continental US?

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.