[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/k/ - Weapons

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

What could have been..
>>
File: 20240203_135951.jpg (562 KB, 1728x2304)
562 KB
562 KB JPG
I rolled that in blops, shit fucked
>>
>doesn’t have a forward assist
It was over before it even began
>>
>>61494630
Yeah it was my main in black ops one
>>
>>61494035
Listening to Stoner's interview about these projects it's hilarious to hear how retarded the army was/is.
Just now again the army decides to reject a new technology that Stoner was a huge developer of, cased telescoped ammo that would have offered 30-50% weight reduction and improved performance, in favor of a rehash of his 60 year old design produced by their golden cow company. Literally the same as with the M14.
>>
>>61494035
Why LMG mag straight
>>
>>61495575
What's wrong with being straight?
>>
>>61495575
That's a box for belt feed actually, and that one is a 63 and not a 63A as are some of the others. The 63A light machine gun was fed from the right hand side. When set up to use the larger drum however it was fed from the left.
>>
File: GCycULWbYAA0VzY.jpg (948 KB, 3072x1727)
948 KB
948 KB JPG
>>61494035
The Rangers are still testing the current LMG version so there is that
>>
>>61494630
>Blops cold war
>gas station level
>sniperniggers hold down that shitty chokepoint one the side of the map
>equip stoner with thermals
>no more sniperniggers blocking that corner of the map
>>
>>61497366
Which is good, but I think nearly taking 50 years and 4 distinct iterations in order to get a single sale after the first could be reasonably called a commercial failure. Idk how it even happened desu, KAC reps must have had an internal vendetta against it because Socom were happy to throw contracts at the company for decades and yet they apparently bought ultimaxes before they even considered the stoner 86/96. For it to have sold this badly in spite of being on the market this long and being as good as it supposedly is, there has to be some sabotage involved.
>>
>>61495181
I don't know, man, as cool as it is it's a valid question to ask whether you need one gun with multiple modification kits when you could just buy three or four
It worked for the SEALs because the numbers involved were so minimal and even they would have probably gotten away with one or two variants
>>
>>61497793
the idea is to have common production and common maintenance. not to constantly swap out the components. an indiviual Stoner 63 would most likely stay in one configuration throughout its service life.
>>
>>61494035
hehehehege stoner that's like me hehehr i smoke WEED hehehehe blaze it 420 weddd smoke ganja hahaha yeah stoner gettin stoned lol weed lmao
>>
>>61494035
What gauge is Cadillac-Gage?
>>
>>61497366
I think this one is actually a drvelopment on the Stoner 96 which itself was a response to the failings of the pos M249 that the army had to push through despite better options being available.
>>
>>61497793
Yeah I mean the variant thing was not very useful but despite that the lmg was just a really good gun.
>>
>>61498192
The stoner 96 is a stoner 86 without the option for top-feeding mags. The stoner 86 is a stoner 63 with all the other configuration bullshit stripped out, leaving just belt feed and top feeding. Compare the bolts between the 63 and the LAMG, its the same gun iterated upon for half a century; the guts has remained largely unchanged.
>>
>>61498192
The stoner 86 was a direct competitor to the minimi in the SAW program but Stoner saw that the army requirements were stupid and declined to resubmit it for testing. The LAMG and Stoner 96 were always marketed as niche solutions for SF
>>
>>61494035
overengineered garbage
>>
>>61497366
>polymer handguard with funny cuts for a LMG
Disgusting Call of Duty slop.
>>
>>61494035
Kino..
>>
>>61500199
requires no more maintenance than any AR pattern. i assume you stick your tiny pecker in a Kalashnikov of some type
>>
>>61494035
I'd pay good money for a Stoner 63 that is just this but with modern materials and STANAG compatibility and rails.
>>
>>61502588
Thats what a robarms M96 is. I suspect your idea of "good money" is less than what they go for nowadays.
>>
>>61495181
CT ammo is basically useless in a shoulder rifle and should be kept to artillery and tanks.
Your carbine doesn't need all the problems of a revolver. Keeping the chamber and barrel one piece is a good thing.
>>
File: xm235-3.jpg (3.74 MB, 2000x2219)
3.74 MB
3.74 MB JPG
>>61498237
You can't just call the SAW program bull because it wasn't like the Army's gun won it.
The Stoner system probably just couldn't make durability requirements and it'd have been too much work to make them work. The M249's main merit was always its insane durability.
>>
>>61502648
IIRC Stoners' main gripe was the dual mag feed requirement which they ended up never using anyway and added weight and complexity to a gun meant to be carried along riflemen
>>
>>61494035
obviously the beltfed and the carbine are the practical configs, that automatic rifle looks super fun though
>>
>>61494035
>>
>>61502634
Too bad Alex is legitimately autistic, and won't bring it back ever again.
>>
>>61497793
Also worth noting that in all the pictures you see of SEALs carrying them in Vietnam, it's almost always in the belt fed configuration. I don't see the rifle or automatic rifle configuration as anything other than needless design complexity.
>>
>>61504641
I have heard it was used by the SEALs on an experimental basis in the carbine configuration too, just for the 30-rounders
>>
>>61504641
that's because SEALs aren't your common fucking infantry dumbass. When they went innanam they brought guns that offered superior firepower so they could resolve ambushes in seconds and reliably break contact when nessesary.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.