[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/k/ - Weapons

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: technical.webm (3.83 MB, 1920x1080)
3.83 MB
3.83 MB WEBM
Post desperate defense products
>South African company Armormax unveils TAC-6 6x6 vehicle built for French Special Forces
https://youtu.be/LYoaGRuXPms
>>
>with a car, you can go anywhere you want.
Ah, but can you come back again?
>>
The only thing wrong with this is the 6x6 layout, just leave it 4x4, CROWS weighs ~200kg so there is no need to add wheels.
>>
>>61495944
Edit: lol I just watched the video and realized they are trying to sell the 6x6 Landie, these have been used in Aussie mines for decades.
>>
>>61495930
Plenty of special forces groups roll around in unarmored civilian pickup trucks in various places all over Africa and Asia.
Having a specialized purpose built Toyota with an extra axle, larger bed, beefed up transmission and engine, along with extra armoring and a remote weapon system makes sense (in some cases).
Probably still cheaper than a small(ish) MRAP or wheeled APC, maybe even standard VBLs and their eventual replacements.
>>
While SA's defence industry is in shambles and basically a joke at this point I still find it somewhat admirable they attempt to something even if staying inside the country after 1994 was the most retarded decision they could have made. A lot of other countries don't even try. But on that note, anything made in India that isn't licensed from another country.
>>
>>61495959
I think you meant to say "proven"
>>
>>61495979
I have driven a few, I honestly prefer the Mazda BT-50, we beat the shit out of them and they keep on peeking on.
>>
>>61495960
isn't the point of those vehicles for special forces that they blend in? This doesn't seem like it'd bleend in.
>>
>>61496017
It's Africa, any car / ute / truck under 20 years old isn't going to blend in.
>>
>>61495930
>Post desperate defense products
How is this desperate?
>>
File: Mbombe-6-2.jpg (844 KB, 1920x1080)
844 KB
844 KB JPG
>>61495966
>While SA's defence industry is in shambles and basically a joke at this point I still find it somewhat admirable they attempt to something
Anon....
>>
>Hey kid, wanna make it worse?
>>
>>61496062
>any time the topic of split rims comes up when talking to an old timer
>”split rims, those’ll kill ya”
>>
>>61496086
I love that they fully understand you need to fill a fuel tank with water to push out the fumes and drain it before welding but the concept of not unbolting split rims until the tires it flat is inconceivable to them.
>>
>>61496097
It’s the inflation that’s hazardous.
>>
File: step-truck....png (2.53 MB, 1920x1013)
2.53 MB
2.53 MB PNG
>>
>>61496017
How the fuck are FRENCH special forces going to blend in with shiny 6x6 armored hiluxes with remote weapon systems. If they want to blend in they drive whatever is local or let intelligence agencies do their thing.
These vehicles were built with a limited purpose at the request of a nation that needs to outfit special forces groups operation in certain parts of the world.
>>
>>
>>61496219
Shut up faggot.
https://desuarchive.org/k/thread/61310390
>>
>>61496097
Wouldn't argon work for that?
>>
>>61496044
I wouldn't call an APC design straight from the early 2000's a revitalization of the defense industry....
>>
>>61495944
>The only thing wrong with this is the 6x6 layout, just leave it 4x4,
But 6x6 on smaller wheels provides flat bed.
>>
>>61496308
Sure, but argon is a lot more expensive than water. Also if you blow argon in there it will mix with the fumes inside. The concentration of the fumes will go down as you continue to add argon but this is now a tank-mixing problem--you will never be completely rid of the fumes no matter how much argon you blow in. The water is cheap and foolproof: once the tank is full, it's 100% certain there are no fumes remaining.
>>
>>61500500
The real problem with argon is that you can't tell when it's full.
>>
File: M230-30mm-Scorpion.jpg (188 KB, 768x671)
188 KB
188 KB JPG
I have a soft-spot for professionally made Technicals. also who doesn't love based Land Cruiser?
>>
>>61496097
I worked at a tire shop like 6 years ago and, like a moron, I kinda miss cracking and prying apart seized-up split rims. Very satisfying, not too complicated but has its tricks, can toss your weight around.
>>
>>61500968
>>61495960
>>61495941
The windows is what bugs me... not even some kinda shutter facility.
>>
>>61495930
If you're just gonna be driving around African scrubland doing battle with poachers or the odd nigger militia/Pringles Pirates just a plain truck with a gun seems like it'd do the trick just fine when you consider the size of their military budget. Sure you could go in there with a Bradley and be basically invincible to anything within 500km, but "Toyota Truck with turret" is something cheap and easy to maintain when you're working out of literal African scrap heap garages with a military budget that's like what the US spends just on toilet paper for marines to eat as a side dish with their crayons.
>>
>>61495944
6x6 objectively looks cooler, tho
>>
>>61501013
if it makes you fell any better there's an APC version that also just has regular driver cabin windows
>>
>>61500512
Not without fancy oxygen meters since argon is inert. Tubing and pipe are commonly purged with argon but they're welded dry and free of flammable vapors.
>>
>>61495930
Aussies mock the 79 because the Hilux is better in every way
>>
>>61495966
MRAPs came from South Africa originally.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.