[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/k/ - Weapons

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Redpill me on School Of The American Rifle.
>>
>>61497016
no
>>
>>61497016
Is this were the glowies train the school shooters?
>>
Appleseed?
>>
>>61497016
One take away I’ve picked up is to just go for the proper mil-spec bcg, gas port size... avoid fancy coatings and billet stuff.
>>
>>61497016
Guntuber who shills for Forward Controls Design and a few other brands. Has ok information for the absolute beginner, like root cause analysis, cleaning, and inspections.
>>
>>61497016
Way too autistic about one specific rifle.
>Plz watch my new video where I use muh gauges on a PSA BCG for the 11th time!
You can watch 1 video and get a grasp of what dude is about. Very few shooting vids if any. All gauges all the time.
>>
>>61497016
The true red pill is that they're incredibly misunderstood. Sotar isn't showing you what's good and what's bad, it's showing you what to do to find out. Period. Buy tools be a man.
>>
>>61497511
Damn glowie, you're really mad about his shit talking in regards to leo only bullshit huh? Lmao
>>
>>61497583
>>61500202
Smoothbrains. Exhibit A idiots.
>>
>>61497568
He did do a check of the expo arms chrome bcg and gave it high marks.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lg2sGwF5mzE
>>
>>61500379
>inceldom
>exhibit A
Calm down SoTA. Your content is boring and no one cares to see you check the gas rings of your 15th Anderson BCG.
>>
>>61497516
Several years back I got a coom-my-britches good deal on .22lr through them. 1c/rd.

I bought 10,000
>>
He hates black rain ordinance.
>>
>>61500202
>watches video by an autist who builds and diagnoses rifles
>needs to see him shooting
Youtube is chock full of shooting videos, from boring ones to "we-shoot-tannerite-with-dragon's-breath" retarded. Why do you click on a guy who nitpicks what makes a rifle good or bad and expect him to do shooting videos to keep you entertained?
Do you also hate mechanics on youtube who don't post their laps at the race track?
>>
File: IMG_1486.jpg (27 KB, 747x472)
27 KB
27 KB JPG
>>61500379
Please buy my FCD cam pin for $17, plus shipping and tax.
>>
>>61501194
Did you see how shit they make there rifles?
>>
>>61497016
He's decent at what he does, and what he does is be hyperautistic about ARs. He turned his autism hyperfixation into a career and that's honestly commendable. He can be a bit of a bootlicker but considering the amount of business LEOs and the feds must give him it's kind of understandable and hopefully mostly just a front just to get paid.
>>
>>61501386
Did he ever release the autopsy on the PSA rifles?
>>
>>61501312
If the mechanic is doing nothing but putting gauges into the same cylinder heads and calipers on the same pistons for 4 years, yes. I would indeed hate those videos.
>>
>>61501983
I guess the results could be posted as a powerpoint instead of filming the entire process but I'm still baffled at the criticism that he doesn't shoot.
SmallArmsSolutions typically shoots at the end of the videos and it's easily the least interesting part.
>>
>>61501845
Only on the upper a few years ago.
>>
>>61497016
as interesting as listening to an asspergers electrician ranting about wall sockets
I watched his every video before building my rifle to get into the proper autistic armorer mindset, and without him I'd probably fuck up my upper because I never heard about action rods before
>>
>>61500379
Baste. Gives me gauge envy.
>>
>>61501344
I.....I actually have..
>>
File: sddefault.jpg (19 KB, 197x205)
19 KB
19 KB JPG
"Oh, you also use gauges to diagnose possible gas inefficiencies in your bolt carrier group?"

"Imitating bitch. Gib credit."
>>
>>61500574
I forget, do you have to join their group? Been a while since I was thinking about project appleseed but I should probably start as I'm going to be shooting a lot of .22 over everything else because lolelections and lolprices. Didn't even remember they sold much other than targets and maybe rifles.
>>
>>61501194
>black rain ordinance
Yet every gun store I visit sells these pieces of shit. I tell you there is some sort of conspiracy going on, not joking.
>>
>>61502919
How is the NP3 holding up?
>>
>>61503379
Good. It's works as advertised.

Slick, slippery, works well with lube.
>>
>>61502747
Then go buy gauges. Stop watching a boomer probe PSA bolts ad infinitum.
>>
>>61505790
They're pretty expensive.
>>
>>61497016
Good info, but I disagree with him on the use of bronze bore brushes.

Also, he tends to scratch everything he touches. It’s fine if it’s his shit, and he doesn’t care. However, some of it is not.
>>
He seems to legitimately believe he invented the idea of using gauges to inspect and diagnose ARs.
GarandThumb had some dude from Bexar arms on his channel and that dude mentioned using gauges to inspect BCGs and Chad immediately started memeing about being imitated and not given credit.
>>
>>61501983
>Is mad that there isn't braindead "entertainment" clips in a purely educational series
I'm worried about you, anon.
>>
>>61500202
>Very few shooting vids if any

This is good. Watching someone else shoot is rarely educational and not entertaining.

The only reason hickock45 gets away with it is comfy grandpa vibes.
>>
>>61497016
I wish he'd do rifles other than ARs. His channel has done about all you can with ARs in his format. I want to see popoular AKs quality checked. And some of the piston stoner hybrids everyone is making now. How out of spec are MCXs?
>>
>>61506724
>I want to see popoular AKs quality checked.
That would be neat.
>>
>>61506724
I wish I could get Chinese food at Pizza Hut, too.
But it's not a Chinese food place.
It's a pizza place.
SOTAR is strictly an AR school/channel.
>>
>>61506724
he'd have to make a second channel called school of the russian rifle
I think that would be interesting though considering how much AKs vary in quality
>>
>>61506643
>so braindead he's content to watch a boomer stick the same brand BCG onto gauges for repeated clicks.
I'm worried about you, anon.
>>
>>61506665
To be clear, I at no point said I wanted more shooting. I was simply explaining to OP to not expect shooting. I would like to see 100 yrd grouping on a lead sled however as a continuation of the testing. Because spazzing over gas efficiency is only a part of the equation for "the American rifle."
>>
>>61508425
I concur. Hardness testing receivers, head spacing, etc. I want see the psa fan boys mogged....or vindicated.
>>
>>61500202
Watching other people shoot is almost as boring as watching other people fuck. At least the gauges give you information besides "yep, that's a gun"
>>
>>61508416
Surely the Soviet Union, or some other motivated group of AK enjoyers, have developed specialized gauges for measuring whether AKs are in-spec or not.
Ditto for literally every other military rifle ever made and then cloned for American enthusiasts.
>>
>>61509885
Only East Germany would have had that sort of tism.
>>
>>61509916
"I'll do AK videos if our Patreon hits X goal so I can buy these rare East German armorer gauges"

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.