[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/k/ - Weapons

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1709347559777012.jpg (420 KB, 2000x2400)
420 KB
420 KB JPG
Hello. Do you guys have any tip for a total newfag to get into guns?
>>
>>61582739
>Gun shit
22lr rifle is kinda the classic starter gun, what a lot of us learned on as kids. Effective fun varmint gun, cheap as heck in all respects, you can learn gun basics and shoot a lot on a budget, and low recoil will help you get used to the boom without developing bad flinching habits.

Other classic adult starter option is a handgun. /hg/ has lots of guides and often ok advice on that. Obviously a handgun is pretty practical for what most people want to which is self-defense. Any of the main common cheaper calibers is fine. Ideally find a place that rents and try a bunch of stuff to see how it feels.

Under no circumstances should you spend a ton of money on fancy shit until after you do some shooting.
>Law shit
If you're not American find out your laws. If you are, know that every single state has its own gun laws. You can always get guns, but you'll need to find out what hoops, if any, are required. Where you live and what property if any you own has a major effect on your options, so figure that out since you didn't say anything you stupid faggot.
>>
>>61582739
Buy gun.
Go shooting.
>>
>>61582739
my maximum advice is to get a 22lr and a 12 ga and shoot them a bunch. both are a lot of fun but EXTREMELY different. the 12ga will also tend to inoculate you to recoil, which will open up while types of shooting not many people can handle. when shooting the 12ga make sure you keep it tight into your shoulder pocket (if you aren't sure, find someone to show you) and start with field/target loads. starting with an AR in 5.56/2.23 will make your recoil form dreadful and you'll end up a recoilet and not being equipped to branch out. that's a damn shame. also shooting clays is a blast.
>>
>>61582739
.22 lr bolt action. I was 7 when my daddy taught me how to handle that properly, with respect. I've always seen that people who weren't near firearms when they were young don't handle them with the level of respect that they deserve. It's about both safety for yourself and others but also respect for a machine so magnificent and powerful.
>>
under NO circumstance should you listen to what /hg/ has to say, especially their tripfags
the pastebins are okay I guess
just buy a .22LR rifle and learn how to hit targets at your local range
>>
>>61582739
Sign my petition, then we'll talk.
>>
Don't get into guns.

1. Expensive
2. For most not easy to get to a place to legally shoot
3. Maintenance if you get many
4. Liability if you have many and someone knows where you live

Get some guns.
1. AR with 8 mags
2. 9mm pistol 6 mags
3. Pump 12ga
4. 22lr Ruger Mark Pistol
5. 22lr Ruger 10/22

Done your covered. Don't get any extra guns.
>>
>>61582739
/vt/ users shouldn't be trusted with a firearm
>>
File: 1000004907.jpg (353 KB, 1920x1593)
353 KB
353 KB JPG
>>61582739
Get a Kel tec p17 .22lr, can plink with it and conceal carry it. Get a Rossi rs22 for a rifle because it's only $150 and that's all it needs to be.
>>
>>61582739
imho, best gun to start out with is a black powder gun
in the US, you can order them online without any ID, all you need is a creditcard to get one
if you find out you like it, great; if you don't, you now have a wallhanger
a blackpowder gun will teach you the basic rules of firearms while also giving you an interest in history, all while being more accessible & social acceptable
>>
>>61582739
I'm gonna go against the grain and say don't get a 22 as your first gun. I've taken a lot of people shooting for the first time and more than a few have described the .22 as boring. Part of what makes shooting fun is the recoil and the report, and .22 just doesn't have enough.
.22s are also less than ideal for home defense.

Get a .22 as as your third or fourth gun, once you've got a handgun and a more respectable rifle and/or shotgun.
>>
File: 1000004909.gif (430 KB, 500x361)
430 KB
430 KB GIF
>>61583147
>>61583352
>bp revolver
takes forever to reload, barely carries over to shooting a real gun
>non 22
>22 boring
muh big boom go off in hand hurhurhur
the point of shooting guns is to hit things far away
it's called PRECISION sports
>>
File: 626194625.jpg (62 KB, 638x382)
62 KB
62 KB JPG
>>61583620
>takes forever to reload
not really?
i enjoy reloading mine, if a fun little aside between shooting & part of the experience
>barely carries over to shooting a real gun
yeah, because a standard revolver is completely different in every way, right?
just because its legally a "primitive weapon", doesn't mean its a bow or spear
>the point of shooting guns is to hit things far away
no, its not, the point is to have fun, unironically
>>
>>61582739
Ruger 10/22 first

Glock 19 gen 3 (aftermarket support) 2nd

Ar15 3rd/same time as glock. AR15 11.5 inch upper from BCM, poverty pony PISTOL lower so you don't have to register as sbr.

No negligence. If it's empty, check it again. Don't tell anyone about your guns. No stupid bumper stickers or license plates.
>>
>stupid random image
>single sentence bait
>op never posts again
Feels like we've been getting a lot of these slide threads recently.
>>
>>61584886
Still better than yet another Ukraine thread.
>>
>>61582739
Don't shoot yourself.
>>
>>61585827
Ah OP is still here ready to supply the generic canned reply to someone calling out a slide thread how surprising and implessive.
>>
>>61582739
1. Read the board sticky
2. Know the safety rules and don't be a tard
3. Know what you're looking for (and why) and what to expect in price
4. Know how to disassemble/reassemble it BEFORE you go shooting
5. Your accuracy will be shit, don't be dissuaded, practice breathing and pull
6. Have fun!
7. Sui-chan wa~ Kyou mo kawaii!!
>>
>>61583026
This but swap the Ruger Mark IV Pistol with the Taurus TX22. 16 round mags, cheaper, easier to take down, comes threaded except for THOSE states. The only exception when people tell you to not buy Taurus.

For #1 - I like AndroCorp's ACI-15 for $400. They've always been reliable for me. Get a Romeo 5 and a sling.

For #2, get a Glock, or the PSA Dagger. No red dot.

For #3, get the Mossberg Maverick 88 Field/Security combo that comes with an 18" barrel and a 28" barrel. It's like $30 more and you can resell one of the barrel for $100.

You may want to swap #5 with a Rossi RS22 - I got one for $100. They're $150 now as >>61583142 said and 10/22s are hovering around $300.

Also consider a bolt action rifle. 22lr, 223, 308, all good. Don't buy 7.62x39 or 300 blackout yet. A number come with a crap scope but that's fine, you're learning.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.